• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Q&A Thread

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
by that standard bf would be better.

edit: but this is the right train of thought
Ok I did some testing, I stood on the bottom floor of the stages and did a shoryuken against DK with no DI the %'s posted are when DK died on that stage

61%-Battlefield, Final Destination, Norfair, Lylat Cruise, Pokemon Stadium 2, Distant Planet, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium 1, Brinstar,
62%-Yoshi's Island, Pictochat
81%- Jungle Japes

Rainbow Cruise- 52% on ship, 52-60% while stage is moving, 55% while on top

Delfino Plaza, while on moving stage 61%, while on ground 58-61% depending on which ground stage it is.

So for early shoryuken and up angled forward smash kills alone, Rainbow criuse is the best.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Where is the spike in the Dair hitbox?/Where does the opponent need to be relative to Luigi?

CR4SH

Smash Lord
BRINSTAR. Foreal. Brinstar for a billion reasons.

I even let lucas take me there. Brinstar is the **** for luigi.

yoshq

Smash Master
BRINSTAR. Foreal. Brinstar for a billion reasons.

I even let lucas take me there. Brinstar is the **** for luigi.
i actually disagree very strongly with that, sorry that i have been shooting down the suggestions given me, i really don't want to, but something bad just happened to me on brinstar and i'll never forget. i just played the worst mk ever, was about to win, last stock last match, he cped brinstar, and i just happened to do an nair right above the little pods in the ground, going through them, and just happened to not have a second jump... so I lost because of those things.

so my point is, the nair and the tornado also get very stuck on those pods and most likely go through them, leaving you under the stage in a vulnerable position.

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
i actually disagree very strongly with that, sorry that i have been shooting down the suggestions given me, i really don't want to, but something bad just happened to me on brinstar and i'll never forget. i just played the worst mk ever, was about to win, last stock last match, he cped brinstar, and i just happened to do an nair right above the little pods in the ground, going through them, and just happened to not have a second jump... so I lost because of those things.

so my point is, the nair and the tornado also get very stuck on those pods and most likely go through them, leaving you under the stage in a vulnerable position.
Yeah, moves with high priority will rip through those pods, like the nair, mk nado, G&W bair, DK down b, zelda neutral b and others.

CR4Sh why do you think brinstar is awesome for luigi?

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Brinstar isn't that good for luigi. Most characters can outcamp him there and the splitting areas prevent Luigi from recovering right

Luigi doesn't have an abusable range in order to abuse the sides of brinstar. I prefer many more stages.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Actually, I like those lil pods. You nair it and tadaa, all your moves except nair are fresh. Since I spam bair all the time, it basically gives me a bonus kill move there that I don't have anywhere else.
This is still not a stage I'd cp often ; it's just that if I get cp'd here, it's nowhere hopeless.

Oh, I CP Diddy and Falco here tho. Olimar too sucks here I heard, but they usually ban it so I couldn't tell...

kigbariom

Smash Lord
I think we had the Brinstar chat in our old stage discussion, I've always liked it as a CP.
Abusing the d-smash on the part where the floor separates, you get some lag, and it's hard for the enemy to time it.
You just have to use the platforms and stop them from camping.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Let's undie this board ; I'm gonna ask random annoying stuff that motivate people to answer.

What tricks do you use when ledge camped ?

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
yea, get your shield hit and slide away, then let it go and you can land a single punch or ftilt while sliding away and they can't punish
No, I know how to do it, I mean more serious applications of the concept that Luigi slides further than most character out of a shielded hit. Sure, you got your ftilt, but what about serious retreats using shielded momentum? I'm essentially wondering if anyone has taken some of the quirkier aspects of Luigi's physics and managed to use in gameplay.

TreK

Is "that guy"
The slide's momentum can carry over a jump and replace the normal -garbage- air speed we have ; so when you shield a big smash from a tall character (like Ike, DK, DDD, Snake,...), SH out of shield as soon as possible and press back, B, front ; you will do a double reversed fireball with an awesome speed and you could actually punish that smash. I knew about it since like may but I can't use it effectively on wifi for stupid but obvious reasons.

I also often shield nades that are behind me to get a foward boost. It works with the Claw from Halberd too, when it's targetting you.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
The slide's momentum can carry over a jump and replace the normal -garbage- air speed we have ; so when you shield a big smash from a tall character (like Ike, DK, DDD, Snake,...), SH out of shield as soon as possible and press back, B, front ; you will do a double reversed fireball with an awesome speed and you could actually punish that smash. I knew about it since like may but I can't use it effectively on wifi for stupid but obvious reasons.

I also often shield nades that are behind me to get a foward boost. It works with the Claw from Halberd too, when it's targetting you.
Kay, I was just curious to see how much this was used, I don't see it in too many videos of Luigis, at least consistently.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
K, what would you Luigis say is his #1 best move?

I think it's like this:

1. Cyclone
2. Angled up F smash
3. Nair

In that order very closely

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668

I think it's like this:

1. Cyclone
2. Angled up F smash
3. Nair

I would personally switch 2 and 3. Mostly since N-air doubles as a kill move and a...CCCombo breaker.

4 for me would back back air and then 5th would be up tilt

hippiedude92

Smash Hero

I think it's like this:

1. Cyclone
2. Angled up F smash
3. Nair

imo he doesn't have any.

all of his moves are equal. because in each matchup, a certain move will be not working and will work, which will either prove useful or not so useful (nair is bad against a good ddd ) but generally, imo luigi has no number 1 move, all of his moves are equal, and his whole moveset who he is.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Yeah, but it slightly lowers the range, and it still has good ko power even when aimed flat.
I'd prefer the extra kill power and speed over the very small amount of extra range non angled.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
diddy mostly has issues killing luigi and has to resort to uber camping and looking for gimping on Luigi, he'll have more issues if he doesn't have the right control with his naners if luigi knows how to use the nanaers well against diddy kong

oh and sometimes air game.

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
When I have a banana, I throw it down while dashing, you slide forward a little due to Luigi's traction, so the banana is behind you so if Diddy rolls behind you he trips, so you just have to concentrate on him infront of you. Other than that I got no banana tricks.

yoshq

Smash Master
I would say the biggest thing is not throwing them at his shield, because a good diddy will jump out of the shield and catch it perfectly with a forward air right after it hits him. other than that, you know how you do dair nair like 50 times during a match? replace the dair with a downward nana throw.

TreK

Is "that guy"
I would say the biggest thing is not throwing them at his shield, because a good diddy will jump out of the shield and catch it perfectly with a forward air right after it hits him. other than that, you know how you do dair nair like 50 times during a match? replace the dair with a downward nana throw.
That dude speaks wise words
@ the shield thingy -> even I can do that, remove that 'good' in front of the 'diddys' kthx =V

Oh, and you should try Z dropping a banana on diddy's shield an landing with a cyclone in the back of his shield. There is only one way that can be countered without getting hit (short hop uair before the nana hits the shield), and it sets Diddy up for anything you want.
Even if the Diddy decides to rocketbarrel cancel it if he realizes how dangerous it is, the cyclone has enough speed to avoid the barrels.

TreK

Is "that guy"
duble post, o****.

Would it be any useful to have a stage discussion thread in your opinion ? I mean, not the stage rating thingy we already have anyway, since Luigi is equally good everywhere it is kinda pointless I think : more of a trick'n'tips sharing type thread.
Do you think it'd work ? (I would do it ofc...)

Top Bottom