• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Q&A Thread

TreK

Is "that guy"
hippie said:
Most of the time Luigi feels so great because your landing combos but that's only against bad people.
I picked up Luigi because I got ***** by the Luigi cpu. I just am weird <3
/out of topic

Yup I knew about the spotdodge stuff. Didn't find any application as it's punishable tho. It's okay to not get pushed to the ledge by smashes, as it would make you lose both your time and your position.

(K10)

Smash Rookie
The other day I was playing with my bro and while trying to DACUS I would end up doing a sliding downsmash. I did this a couple of times throughout the day. Has anyone else done this? I there a way to do this whenever you want or is it more of a glitch?

Phatrick

Smash Rookie
So my brother is an annoyingly good olimar but i've begun to learn his tricks which is giving luigi the upper hand. One huge problem i face is when i get hit up into the air, between his Usmash, Utilt, and UpB pikmin rope thing i cant get back on the ground until 40% has been dealt to me because of luigi's floatiness. I've tried falling over to the ledge to switch things up but the pikmin can always reach me HELP!

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
So my brother is an annoyingly good olimar but i've begun to learn his tricks which is giving luigi the upper hand. One huge problem i face is when i get hit up into the air, between his Usmash, Utilt, and UpB pikmin rope thing i cant get back on the ground until 40% has been dealt to me because of luigi's floatiness. I've tried falling over to the ledge to switch things up but the pikmin can always reach me HELP!
Kays so your getting juggled basically, your Nair cuts through his upsmash and most likely utilt, the upb rope, you can airdodge, but you have to predict due to its long range, his upair, learn to SDI (just mash the C-stick and control stick together to the side) Also learn how to breversal (look for the thread "new possibly ledge trick by Zhao) as shifting your momentum with the fireball can throw off Olimar.

I'll answer other questions because l forgot this thread and l'm hella lazy lol.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
so like I dont really know where else to post this but I was wondering if anyone could help me by telling me what to do, abuse, look out for etc, against diddy kong.

luigi wrecks his **** I know but WHY?
aside from sliding out of all the combos and stuff and the **** glide toss, those I already know.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Kays so your getting juggled basically, your Nair cuts through his upsmash and most likely utilt, the upb rope, you can airdodge, but you have to predict due to its long range, his upair, learn to SDI (just mash the C-stick and control stick together to the side) Also learn how to breversal (look for the thread "new possibly ledge trick by Zhao) as shifting your momentum with the fireball can throw off Olimar.

Don't forget the great, great use of jab up b on Olimar...works really good on him.

aside from sliding out of all the combos and stuff and the **** glide toss, those I already know.
I actually wonder the same thing...my friend is average at this gam but when he uses Diddy...it's sorta close and i'm like "I though Luigi ***** this **** fece-banana thrower" But Bananas do suck against Luigi...

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
so like I dont really know where else to post this but I was wondering if anyone could help me by telling me what to do, abuse, look out for etc, against diddy kong.

look for atomsk vs adhd

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=alliedftw1&view=videos&start=20

first thing is that, diddy has a HARD TIME killing luigi, and has to get luigi offstage by gimping him. That's what makes it really the 40% of the matchup from 6/4 luigi, oh and diddy's camping/sideb too as well.

what makes it 6/4, the 60% of luigi's game is that, luigi's basically ***** the staple of diddy's kong's game, his air game really. Since nair > most of his move set. you really need to take a good control of his naners in order to take what he does most honestly

ill input more this because i have to go to sleep lol.

errr, Howcome no one answered my question yet??
no

10lols

MasterKoga

Smash Cadet
Speaking of the spike, I've still been hearing two answers, the various leg parts and the hands.

I'm almost positive it's the hands myself, because it always seems to work that way for me.

The reasoning is luigi is like one of these \ when he does his dair, so the back hand is more likely to hit than the front hand because his legs aren't sticking out forwards, and I've seen luigi's spike work from the front.

I think the ONLY time you should attempt spike is on snake's recovery, because it's easy to line up. Other than that, just go for bairs or sweet dairs to edgeguard.

gravy

Smash Ace
how do i jab cancel?
and what sort of implications does jab canceling have for luigi?

TreK

Is "that guy"
1) press down after the first jab
2) idk really, except you can kill people at 40% with upB or set them up for grab shenanigans, there's nothing much about it, you shouldn't even bother imho.

Jab Lock

Smash Rookie
I hate to post a Cyclone question, but how can I do this? 6:42-6:45

Whenever I try the only method I could think of, B-Mash, I just end up where I was when I pressed Down-B in the first place. :urg: Am I missing something or does Boss have a mechanical thumb?

9Kplus1

Smash Master
I hate to post a Cyclone question, but how can I do this? 6:42-6:45

Whenever I try the only method I could think of, B-Mash, I just end up where I was when I pressed Down-B in the first place. :urg: Am I missing something or does Boss have a mechanical thumb?
Cyclone uses the momentum from your jump to rise. Save your second jump, use it, cyclone, then mash b.

Jab Lock

Smash Rookie
Cyclone uses the momentum from your jump to rise. Save your second jump, use it, cyclone, then mash b.
I know the mechanics of it, the "this" in my post is a link to a vid where Boss does a massive rising Cylone with downward momentum (he was falling after using a Green Missile). And I can do a rising Cyclone quite easily with upward momentum, gaining 3 "Sandbags" in hight.

Thanks for the bump though, Boss puzzles me. :dizzy:

TreK

Is "that guy"
boss is a monster =/
he can mash B 22 times a second he said the other time

I'm trying to get my own thumb faster, but I still suck at it after a few months so I kinda gave up on it...

9Kplus1

Smash Master
I know the mechanics of it, the "this" in my post is a link to a vid where Boss does a massive rising Cylone with downward momentum (he was falling after using a Green Missile). And I can do a rising Cyclone quite easily with upward momentum, gaining 3 "Sandbags" in hight.

Thanks for the bump though, Boss puzzles me. :dizzy:
Didn't notice >.>. Boss is just crazy like that.

Jab Lock

Smash Rookie
boss is a monster =/
he can mash B 22 times a second he said the other time

I'm trying to get my own thumb faster, but I still suck at it after a few months so I kinda gave up on it...
Well I certainly can't compete with that. Thanks for the info.

Is the ability to rise with Cyclone with downward momentum an important part of playing Luigi competitively?

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
um is Luigi like super buffed on wifi or something because i fought one with Kirby and im pretty sure he was doing all this unlegit **** against me... like these combos that I couldn't even DI out of. Can you tell me how he gets buffed so I will know what to look out for? Or maybe i should just not fight the person again for going wifi on my ***. =/

Jab Lock

Smash Rookie
um is Luigi like super buffed on wifi or something because i fought one with Kirby and im pretty sure he was doing all this unlegit **** against me... like these combos that I couldn't even DI out of. Can you tell me how he gets buffed so I will know what to look out for? Or maybe i should just not fight the person again for going wifi on my ***. =/
Bair's crazy range, Utilt lock, Uair combo, fast(est?) kill moves, excellent but predictable recovery, Cyclone priority, Jab cancel...all Godly with lag.

I dunno how a Kirby can stop it though...fsmash during landing lag? Sword spam him into a Mario main?

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Yes, I mean boss isn't the only person able to do so there are a few others, and yes saving that jump instead of using it for cyclone can save your behind.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
so can you guys help me out a little bit here, luigi V diddy,
in regard to stages, what should I be banning, the obvious answer is FD but is there a different level you should ban when using the weeg?

and as for counterpicking, I'm thinking stages that
A: mess up his banana game
B: let me fight him in the air as much as possible
C: have a low celing for early kills

so rainbow cruise would be the best choice right?
and if its not or if the diddy bans it, what else is good, halberd?

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Halberd is pretty ok.. it's vital to get first kos or early kos because how crazy it is to ko him and early it is as well. I usually win on BF if you can properly stage zone with bananas.

glide toss down > dsmash x2 = 40% YEAYUHZ! ask mblaze lol

Also look for things that will be hard for him to camp, gimp you and if not, sometimes kill you off the sides with fsmash/dsmash since has to work 2x hard to get the kill on us. The main things hell be getting us is camping/gimping so l go for small stages. Halberd is alot like FD to them but with hazards/platform/low ceiling.

you can also try brinstar but l dont in general like that stage though. Lylat isnt half bad either

Top Bottom