• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tero.

Smash Champion
hmm sounds like quite advanced metagame discussion.
good ****.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
You're seriously asking that here?

It's supposed to look like a pair of teary eyes.

Edrid

Smash Rookie
What controls do you use with D3, all you intermediate-pro D3s? Ex.: X For grab or Z for grab? C-stick or B-stick?

And if you leave the C-stick on smashes, do you really find yourself using it for smashes, or do you usually use the analog stick and A in conjunction?

Thank you!

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
What controls do you use with D3, all you intermediate-pro D3s? Ex.: X For grab or Z for grab? C-stick or B-stick?

And if you leave the C-stick on smashes, do you really find yourself using it for smashes, or do you usually use the analog stick and A in conjunction?

Thank you!
My configuration is

"X" = Grab
"Z" = Attack (For easy Jab cancels with Luigi & Ike)
Tap jump ON (I use Marth too lol)
C-stick for smashes and fast aerials. B-stick is failsauce.

Everything else normal.

I remember someone did a thread about this a long time ago but I don't think its around anymore.

Edrid

Smash Rookie
Thanks a million!

I've been wanting to start using Dedede, and I read the Royal Guide that is stickied here and I'm more of a visual aid guy. Which of the Dedede channel videos are the best to start with?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I've been wanting to start using Dedede, and I read the Royal Guide that is stickied here and I'm more of a visual aid guy. Which of the Dedede channel videos are the best to start with?
I guess you could start where most of us started by watching M2K's vids of when he played Dedede. The things he does on those vids are really impressive for the time and are still impressive today.

You should also keep an eye on the following players:

Seibrik
CO18
lain
Atomsk
Fogo
Foursaken
Teba
Aero
Buuman

That's a lot to keep track of, so I'd pretty much just watch vids of whoever is in your regional zone.

East Coast: Seibrik, CO18, Atomsk, Buuman
West Coast: Teba, Aero
South: Fogo, Foursaken
Midwest: Unfortunately we only really have lain, but he beats Ally pretty well so it's hard to measure up to him.

DZLE

Smash Master

Thank you!
I use X for grab, Z for attack, tap jump ON, no b-stick lawlz. C-stick for fast aerials and smashes when im playing marth or whoever :X

TsNmi

Smash Cadet
Does grab realease>usmash on wario always work? i keep using it on computer and it seems to always work.

DZLE

Smash Master
Does grab realease>usmash on wario always work? i keep using it on computer and it seems to always work.
Yeah it really does. Its hard to mess up. It owns.

I also hear something about a utilt working out of grab release on him? Might be helpful.

I just havent tested it. always use usmash.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
One question though... Does D3 refresh his moves when his Waddle dee's gets hit while in their throwing animation? I really don't think so, but you never know.
does anyone know the answer to this?

Cosmick

Smash Apprentice
I just picked up The King as my secondary, and I'm not sure how to "ledge infinite." xD

I've gone to many a thread, and have scrutinized them all. I still don't see a description on how to do it. :<

So, could so one describe it to me, or link me to a "How To" thread or something? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Sorry if Ledge Infinite means just Chain Grabbing until the ledge. Rofl.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
You can only ledge infinite another DeDeDe, so get near the edge and Dthrow him, you'll have the ability to regrab him and repeat the process over and over again

Another reason why D3 dittoes are gay.

V

Smash Ace
Who would you all say are the top 3 DDD players? I wanna learn some things by watchin vids but I don't know who the best ones are. Gracias

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I really don't wanna limit it to 3, but here's a bunch in no particular order.

CO18
Atomsk
Hungrybox
Anti
Fogo
lain
Seibrik
Foursaken
M2K

Buuman

Smash Ace
I feel like all the good D3 players are clumped down south, then theres only me up in New England >,>

No one else up here uses D3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom