• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official *Pound* 4 Melee Results Thread

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I’m back home!

The tournament was a great experience, mostly because of the people. Still somewhat disappointed that I didn’t make it into the Melee bracket, but that was a combination of a hard third round and not being good enough to get a guaranteed top seed. I think the Europeans in general expected to do better, but I don’t think we have to be ashamed about how we did. It’s a simple statistical fact that a bigger pool of data (players) will have more outliers, added to the fact that we have less tournaments and several characters with (close to) zero representation (most notably Jigglypuff). I wanted to play friendlies and money matches more than I did, though I did get to play almost everyone I wanted to play (sorry Eggm!).

People have mostly been ignoring posts about the trouble the Europeans went through and I suppose I don’t really blame them, that’s just how things are in the smash community. I don’t like relying on other people too much, which you inevitably have to do on a trip like this. I got screwed out of housing a few times (the worst of it was after the tournament and had nothing to do with Plank, mind you), which would have been a disaster if not for some very helpful people. From the active smash scene I’d like to thank Pakman, ChiboSempai and especially Cactuar/Cactaur (:p) for helping me and Utto out in Philadelphia. In NYC we were housed by McFox and Matt, also both from Smashboards, but they weren’t at Pound. I was able to do sightseeing in DC, Philadelphia and NYC and really feel like I’ve made the most of my trip, which wouldn’t have been possible without these people.

Plank: I don’t think you ever got back to this post of mine: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9350939&postcount=404
To me this suggests that you’re not interested in resolving things and are comfortable with being on bad terms with people. This happens to be exactly how people described you to me before I even knew you (AKA you have a reputation for being in conflicts a lot). Know that I don’t regret coming to your tournament, I had a good time. It’s just that some things could have been better and I’m disappointed with how you treated that criticism. I’m not out for a flamewar, just send me a PM if you feel like talking about it (not sure if I'll keep checking this thread). If not, I’ve done my part at least. Good job on organizing the biggest Melee tournament ever.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Finally after forever, I'll post some shoutouts.

I am Cash Mooney, btw.

Plank: Thanks for hosting the tourney and help get such massive hotel discounts. Much obliged.
Ajp: I was short that 20 bucks. Sorry it took so long.
WATO: It was great fun rooming/traveling with all of you. Maybe we can do it again.
RaynEX: My boy, its been way too long. I have to come up to GTA to visit you, david and unknown sometime soon. SHAQ ALL DAY.
MikeyL: No worries about teams, I suppose. We had fun. Thats all that matters. Was great seeing you again :)
Toronto guys: <3 bagged milk
Amsah, Zgetto, Faab, Remen, Adam: Ziens in augustus! :D :D :D
Marc: Whats with the hate? haha
P.O.F: I'm more butthurt that you didn't make it into round 3 pools than that I was playing so god awful. Oh well. Thats what I get for not playing for two weeks. Its a shame I was warmed up after that pool too LOL
Случайные Русский: ыыыыыыыы. Наиболее случайная вещь весь день x. Если вы видите эту Facebook = Ian James Mooney. Добавить мне.
Thumbswayup/CK/Teczero: It was nice eating at ihop with you guys.
Catfish: I was behind you all the way. Good ****!

Wtf @ only getting one shout out. **** all you *****es. :bee:

edit: oh ****

Twins: You guys are ****ing hillarious. **** magic tricks. Upload all the pictures in a thread!

g-regulate

Smash Hero
Marc sorry about everything that happened, if it's any consolation I had to drive 2 hours to get you guys the first time (when we missed you, because there was no communication), and then I picked you guys up from the metro and took you to the venue on Friday (One trip, of 3 or so that I did that day). I did all of this for free so I hope there isn't any bad blood. It was just a busy hectic week and unfortunate things happened.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
That was a maaad legit, good and funny video :) I really enjoyed it, and lol'ed alot xD

Also, the person saying "GTFO here" was amazing, it was also the best version of GTFO-here i have ever heard, shaha.

Needs more Twinz thoo =D

EDIT1:
Tee ay eye - That's soo gay man... :/

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
That was a maaad legit, good and funny video :) I really enjoyed it, and lol'ed alot xD

Also, the person saying "GTFO here" was amazing, it was also the best version of GTFO-here i have ever heard, shaha.

Needs more Twinz thoo =D

EDIT1:
Tee ay eye - That's soo gay man... :/
It's totally NOT gay to be attracted to Zgetto

Eval

Smash Journeyman
Joined too!

Now that I remember, one of my trip back to the hotel in the shuttle, Zgetto was sitting on my left right besides me lol. We were like 25+ people inside of that small shuttle and we were pretty much one on another LOL! In there was the Europeans, the PRs, m2k, Vidjo and lot more ppl I don't remember. Ill never forget that trip back to the hotel. BTW Vidjo was sitting on my lap drunk... LOL!

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Marc sorry about everything that happened, if it's any consolation I had to drive 2 hours to get you guys the first time (when we missed you, because there was no communication), and then I picked you guys up from the metro and took you to the venue on Friday (One trip, of 3 or so that I did that day). I did all of this for free so I hope there isn't any bad blood. It was just a busy hectic week and unfortunate things happened.
Hey, you and me are totally cool. Still appreciate what you did!

Utto

Commander Keen
BRoomer
I'd like to second that we blame you for absolutely nothing. As far as I'm concerned we're cool, and I definitely appreciate what you have done for us.

@Kazoo: I think you're the only person who gave me a shout-out. Nice meeting you. :)

Also, I'd like to thank Cactuar, Chibo, McFox, Matt, GOTM and Pakman for what they have done for Marc and me. Oh, and Vidjo, because he is amazing.

MacD

Banned via Administration
soooooooooo basically i don't think i've ever going to write out full shout outs which is sad, they are always fun to do, but there is just too many

here is my crappy i'll pick out the few most memorable moments and <33333 everyone else too

plank- thanks for hosting and rides and the easy pools i got lol, nah i just feel lucky compared to some of the death pools out there

tantalus and the newb- thanks for the rides, me zhu and lovage appreciated them

vidjo, eggz, milktea, darc, pakpak, kiwi, brady, dashdancedan, zoso (sp?) and other people from that room- omg best tourney ever had soooo much fun hanging with you guys at the venue, i can't wait till apex or hopefully the next time i go to EC or see yo guys, oh and that night in your guy's hotel room was too good, bicep comparing ftw

sleepyk- thanks for the sandwhich

faab, kage, darc, ka-master, and falcomist- thanks for all beating my ***, but i don't know if i'll let it happen again ;)

swiftbass- you're hella cool, it was nice to meet you, we should play more next time, and i hope after i beat kirbster you guys realized i'm kinda smart too, not just a dsmashy peach lol

yayahzzz and arc natural- good meeting you guys in 3rd round pools, you guys are both really cool

cactuar- stop losing to axe's pika with peach, and sorry we couldn't do team names, though i doubt you would have wanted to be associated with our team name this tourney

axe- keep beating cactuar, nice to see you again

nor cal- loved seeing you guys, always make tournies fun

homemadewaffles- brandon good stuff running that teams TV, we're too good

so cal- <3 you guys of course

Europe- you guys are too cool

amsah- you are too funny when talking about your accent that doesn't exsist even though i don't think you sound completely american

strawhat dahean (sp?) and overtriforce- good set in teams guys, you guys were really good at that grab rest stuff

xelic, doh, forkgirl- rooming with you guys was fun, glad to see all you guys, probably see you guys at apex or maybe sooner

dr peepee- i already gave you one but "It's PEA-ft-CH"

zhu- </3 but it's not like you'll see this anyway... i'll probably <3 you again next time we team though

i know i'm forgetting lots and lots of people, but i think i got a lot too

omg the twins- you guys were tooooo much fun, sorry i had to win the only game of ERS, next time i'll try and not get disctracted when you are about to do all the cool magic, thanks soooooo much for showing me at the end though <33 see you guys at apex or something

snack attack- it's my fault i didn't bug you about the room sooner, i didn't wanna deal with it and i just assumed i'd see you on monday after all the crazy tourney stuff, we'll figure something out

thegreatkazoo- you were that luigi i played at the end on the last day, you were hella funny, glad i played you those 2 or so matches, helped brighten my mood... though i don't think i was sad lol

ok well i'm out of people i think, i'm going to feel bad because i know i'm missing people and they are going to feel sad so i'm sorry

can't wait for the next pound, can't wait to go to another EC tourney

god i love the smash community <3333 too much fun

wow that was longer than i thought

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
@Kazoo: I think you're the only person who gave me a shout-out. Nice meeting you. :)
Wubs back. I told you, I try not to forget anyone. ;) Except for...

thegreatkazoo- you were that luigi i played at the end on the last day, you were hella funny, glad i played you those 2 or so matches, helped brighten my mood... though i don't think i was sad lol
How could I forget? :mad: MacD, awesome friendlies, and glad that to brighten your day, and also give a couple of laughs.

Lobos

Smash Master

Banks

Smash Hero
i recall toasty recording me the day after our bathroom flooded so I hadn't showered or shaved, i also didn't sleep and was eating pop tarts while talking.

i can't wait to see how big of a hobo/brawl player i looked like

jk @ brawl <3

★J.G WentWorth★

Smash Champion
Lol loved the movie man! Great interviews and funny stuff. Hopefully you'll be at Apex and Genesis 2 to record more movies. Make it a trilogy lol.
Thanks yo. Also I'll definitely be at Apex 2, and when Genesis 2 gets announced i'll look into that.

Anymore vids of the tournament not including actual matches besides ours? Trying gather all of them for 1 post
You can find all those in this thread, like toward the beginning before he starts posting the matches.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=261650

Banks

Smash Hero
j.g. wentworth: didn't meet/talk to/play you at all, but i saw your hair

and it was the best hair ever

just had to say that

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
lol Greatness 007. GOOD **** SON. I approve of your hyun ah theme.

Also, Dashdancedan has beautiful eyes.

Top Bottom