• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official NYC Challenge Topic

IK_GOST

Smash Ace
yea im starting to think the same thing Eagleeyes my big bro is volunteering this year and hes trying to get me all the info possible on it but so far he saids that theres gonna be no tourney but a smashfest thing. He will keep me posted and i will keep u guys posted.

Dave

PS: SMASHFEST AT PHILLYS ON SATURDAY!!!!
PSS: Predictions on TG? I say NYC takes top 3 spots :D

xHayatox

Smash Lord
Originally posted by X Japan
this sucks.Mattdizze took SNL off a sticky becuz the date change.

Hes just being gay, and looking for every little things agaisnt us. I have said it before that its not all my fault, and that i will compensate for those who already bought a ticket. But he took no time to read my post and just do what ever he please, that totally hatred, should read what i said about him and how i handle those floridians.

the_suicide_fox

Smash Champion
I think Deezie is jealous of you guys for holding a tourny bigger and more important than TG so he wanted to wait til he could unsticky u and make it look bad. Anywho, Krazyjones I'll bring my cube and if you really need it my 64 but its kinda broke. It freezes alot and the On/off switch is sticky lol. You need to be tough to use it but w/e if you really need it I'll bring it. BTW Put me down for a Fox tag even though I may make my own and wear it I'll still wear yours. BTW Any of the guys in DA if your still taking the bus what time are you leaving? B/c I wanna go with you guys but I'm working that day. I can change it so I work the morning and then ride with you guys in the afternoon around 2 or 3 ish but just lemme know what you all plan to do. Hmmmmm Wonder how TG will go...

IK_GOST

Smash Ace
TG = East coast top 5 spots anyone willing to make predictions? I say NYC will take top spots in 1 vs 1ns im still kinda shaky on teams. I hope NYC ***** that **** to prove that EC is were its at!

i got diahrea..... I just thought i should let u guys know

dave

the_suicide_fox

Smash Champion
I'm thinking (honestly) top 5 would be Wes, Hein, Mike G, Azen, and Ken assuming they are all placed perfectly so no one fights right away or even b4 semis. I think those 3 were the only NYC'ers going and Azen is his own category lol. And since Ken's the best on the WC he has the best chance of getting to semis obviously. But alas semis is only 4 ppl! So that means one of these 5 are out. I guess that will depend on the setup of the brackets. PS Hope Azen wears the tape on his head again :chuckle:

Impmacaque

Smash Journeyman
Seriously people, don't let this topic die before the end of summer. Is anybody holding an NYC tourney? I'm sure plenty of people here are looking forward to one....

DarkCloudGCN

Smash Cadet
BAAF Tourney

BAAF might be having a tourney. I sent an email to programming administrator at BAAF and he says there is a possibility of a melee tourney. There is high demand for one so hopefully there will be one, but we'll just have to see how everything turns out.

Juggernaut1120

Smash Cadet
I hope they do have a tournament at BAAF. DarkCouldGCN and I wanna see how good we really are. Right DarkCould? lol

Cello

Smash Apprentice
AOE if your volunteering you should know soon if they are having one. Let us know aight, this will benefit the peeps that cant attend NJF2, Live or Die or SNL, it will be much appreciated....
-Cello

Impmacaque

Smash Journeyman
I apologize for being new to the tourney scene, but it'd be very appreciated if somebody could help me out here:

What is BAAF? Could sombody give me a very brief review of it's location and possible date? Thanks for whoever answers me....

Rainy Day Toast

Stays Crunchy in Milk
BRoomer
Eep. Well, I'm on Long Island, so if there's an NYC tourney anytime soon, I'd love to attend just to scope out the scene and get my first human experience, as well as meet some Smashboarders... ... And get ***** mercilessly by everyone who's a million times better than I am... ^_^;

Impmacaque

Smash Journeyman
Cello, can you leave a link to the BIN forums? I want to be notified of the next BIN before hand, so I can actually sign up early. Any idea around what month it's going to be held?

**I checked the BAAF site, it's already guaranteed they're having SSBM to whoever wants to play, but a tourney is still in question. Looks highly likely, seeing as they responded to my email with a positive comment...

IK_GOST

Smash Ace
Yo i havent posted in a while but i have to post today. TELL ME YESTERDAY WASNT THE BEST DAY EVER!!!!!! Blackouts = godlike. It was the worst. But I was in trump towers after the blackout and trump has freaking BACKUP ENERGY we were calling it TRUMP ENERGY or gold energy. It is so not fair. I went out in the streets with a flashlight pointing it at people in the dark saying "YOUR UGLY." Some guy scared me cause he kept on saying he was gonna kick my *** for saying that :-\ but nothing happened. It was the best day ever.

PS whos attending the NJ tourney?

dave

Cello

Smash Apprentice
Whats up playas, yo this blackout was crazy. Someone tell unknown I cant make his tourney cuz i gotta clean out da BIN spot. Imp.. the link is http://welcome.to/da6th As for any idea of the next B.I.N its on ummm XX/XX/XX haha just kidding Id ont know yet I gotta handle some stuff before I say anything or not say anything. Get me? :)

P.S: Funny how we cant talk sh*t cuz were flaming but when they do it no one says anything....heh...
-Cello

X Japan

Smash Lord
d@mn i'm might not go to SNL now since i'mght have to go to a interview for the Art Insitute of NY that weekend.hopefully its the weekend after.

what to do?
blow off my Ed. for a smash tourney
or
blow off a smash tourney for my Ed.

Choices.

DarkCloudGCN

Smash Cadet
Has anyone gotten any new info on the BAAF tourney?

Tourney or not, is anyone planning on going? Me and a few friends will probably go so I hope we can at least play some good people.

Angel of Enders

Smash Cadet
I haven't heard anything but I'm pretty sure Smash Bros will be playable tourny or not so just come. I'll play with you guys whenever I'm not on shift.

Juggernaut1120

Smash Cadet
Hey Angel of Enders do you have any idea what day they will have SSBM there? I'm really anxious and I can't wait to see how all this is going to turn out since this might be my first tourney.

DarkCloudGCN

Smash Cadet
Alright, I hope to see you there AOE.

Jugger, I think Smash is gonna be there the entire festival. But if there's a tourney, AOE or the BAAF website will probably tell us what day and time it will be.

EDIT:
Well it's official. There will be no melee tourney at BAAF. Oh well, it still sounds fun though, and we can still play melee, just not in a tourney, so I'm still going.

Impmacaque

Smash Journeyman
Jesus christ, No BAAF tourney?? ****, that's seriously dissapointing....I'll be there anyways, but I'm going to be busy emailing them about the details, DarkCloudGCN, what exactly is your source? Did you get an email or something? Could you post what they told you?

*Well, does anybody know of any other tournament in NYC? There has to be something going on before summer....

Juggernaut1120

Smash Cadet
I e-mailed the guy and asked him for a touney and this is the exact mail he set back

Hello,

For Super Smash Brothers, our sponsors won't be able to pull it off since
we they have a certain amount of systems. I do apologize for that. As for
registration, the day of each tournament is the day you register. I'm sorry
you have to be there to apply since we only have very little space.
Tournaments last only one day and they are free. I hope you are still going
to BAAF :)

Best,

Mel

I'm also alittle annoyed since a tournament was close to confirmed. Anyway me and Dc will still be there on Saturday.

IK_GOST

Smash Ace
good **** NYC for repping at SNL im proud of everyone. Im gonna take a lil break from the game cause im hearing final destination all day in my head, THANKS TO CELLO. But it was a great tourney cali proved they are good and every single match was intense amongst us. I took 3rd place in snl wes took 4th and jay took 5th but it was still great to play and joke around throughout the tourney. Good stuff hayato and KJ. I cant wait to buy the DVD when it comes out. Cornerdealie and Nodo were cool to chill with at mass great personalities and funny *** people. Steve had his poison ivy that scared the **** out of me whenever i touched him. Joe was the maN! by driving us to mass and just being cool throughout the tourney. The thing i will remember the most out of this trip was wat joe said in the car when we drove right into a fight in fall river on the street "fu** that sh** (locks the car doors)" it was SOOOOOO FUNNY i laughed cause i was thinking the same exact thing. But thanks guys for being cool throughout the trip. Thanks ken and isai for being cool throughout the tourney but please for once can u say that u guys are good and stop saying that u suck.

I had a blast, Dave aka Koga

the_suicide_fox

Smash Champion
You know why I locked the doors right? B/c THERE WERE THESE CRAZY *** MOTHA TRUCKAS OUTSIDE FIGHTING AND THEN THE COPS CAME AND THE GUY PULLED UP NEXT TO ME I SWEAR HE MUST HAVE HAD AN UZI OR SOME ****!!!!! I ALMOST **** MYSELF!!!!

Anyway this tourny was a lot of fun. Lot of good memories. I'm gonna lie to you guys, I beat the crap outta all those mofos, but let Dave Ken and Isai take top 3 bc I'm nice like that lol. :chuckle:

Yo dave when you get your license you KNOW we will be playing each other a lot. I can't wait. And I'll get my car down at RU when I can.

Hopefully you guys will be coming to the tourny Code Red will attempt. We are aiming for a late October date, but still gota look into it. Cello if we need help I'll let you know. I know you can get us hooked up with a lotta cubes n stuff.

GTG Peace

Floater

Smash Rookie
BAAF FEST

I don't think there will be an offical tourney. You can try to set one up but there will also be alot... ALOT... AALLOOTT of other people there wanting to play. I don't know if they will let you play without complaining.

DarkCloudGCN

Smash Cadet
Well supposedly, Imp said that Mel guy from BAAF said there can be a tourney if people bring in extra cubes and stuff.

But I guess we'll just have to see what happens.

IK_GOST

Smash Ace
okay whos going from DA? If u are attending gimme a call on my celly and/or meet me at the 103rd B and C train station at 9:30am tomorrow I will wait till 9:45am for everyone to show up and meet up, just let me know who i need to wait for so we can go to the BAAF.

dave

Anal plumber

Smash Cadet
(sigh) my cousin is out in college right now in his 2nd year making it hard to find any new challege around these dayz...of course 1 more playa living in queenz who uses a link....hey people i'm not asking for a fight like i think i'm all that....i guess i'm greifing out loud ya know? i'm still griefing about missin to b.i.n. 5 although i heard that those *favorite* playaz couldn't make it either, so even if i did made it wit my cous those who aren't well known wouldn't probably be a challege =/

ahhh dave i see your back your in florida now right? you like it there? you should it's nice and warm and there r some good lookin girls there ;) well tell me how it is ok? oh and as for those of you who actually has been gunnin for me since i've been being such a loud mouth jerk thinking i was all that please forgive about that if i offended any1.....but i'm still lookin for a challenge well g2g peace.:chuckle:

IK_GOST

Smash Ace
sup sup plummer I just came back from the BAAF and took the smash tourney :D. And for the florida question no im in the City now chillin and waiting for things to happen. I had lots of fun at the BAAF today even though i had to run my *** off because I was almost caught with a volunteer pass in the building even though i am not a volunteer :D **** PAYING another 20 to play smash then leave :D Well i had lots of fun today and this weekend Ill look foward to the next BAAF and as for u plummer wats really good with our match i wanted to play u since BIN and we both didnt show so let me know if u wanna play or not. I would like to play u for money if u want to.

Dave

Anal plumber

Smash Cadet
well what a surprise i'm glad it's been all good for ya. and yes it be an honor to have a match with you since we both didn't go to tha b.i.n. since we were both too delayed...personally i'd rather not gamble, i'd like to duel for honor and fun!:D if that is okay with u? cause i really have been that plummer before tha b.i.n. that really was an anal! :laugh: so i'd like to make it up in having our match with u facing a true plummer! :)

Angel of Enders

Smash Cadet
Dammit Dave, get a job, stop taking people's money.

Anway yeah we gotta play each other more often, that one match we had was great. I also gotta say some of the times I die is because of some stupid **** going through my head not because you knocked me out and I couldn't get back. Anyway it dosen't matter. You guys may be better than me in Smash but I'll whup *** in Capcon vs SNK 2 which I've proven several times.

Top Bottom