• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Northeastern Ohio Melee Rankings [2012]

Status
Not open for further replies.

S1 The God

Feeding the streets since 1885
everyone who has their spots has them forever, even if they don't show up to any tournaments because johnjohnjohnjohn

we all could not show up and blame it on school or money but we don't. we're the ones that drive all the ****ing way around everywhere and compete as much as possible. this list is jank as ****KKKK

I agree with leaving Pat and Chris on there cause they're making an effort to be more active, but there are some that just aren't active.

either way this **** ain't gonna work and somebody's gonna be pissy so I don't give a **** or ****

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
1 Ralis
2 Double Rocky
3 Ian Slee
4 AseirGod
5 .Vanir
6 .Bucket
7 DoKz
8 S1
9 lokii
10 Da shuffla
You forgot Kai. This is a NOOBS list without him.

Also, nice undertaking Matt. This kinda thing gets critique from all sides, so at least you understood that. Know that the effort was appreciated, even if you seem to be getting a lot criticism for it now.

Feeling like I'll rescind my request soon. But not now.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
In all honesty, the only one on the list then that you have a problem with Shane would be Minnty. And when he's not in AZ for school, he's active. He's had smashfests since he's been back, and he went to FC.

The whole people being pissy thing is the reason why I was hesitant to make it. But people are going to be pissy no matter what. So whoever has a problem is just going to have to suck it up and deal with it.

My advice to you all is to get better and surpass these people higher up on the list. Cause that's damn well what I'll be doing. No ****ing johns.

@Shrouded: Thank you Jaiye. Hopefully by the time you'd be interested in being put on the list, I'll have seen major improvement.

I find it funny how people assume that the gap between each player is vast, when in all honesty, the gaps are insanely thin. Literally, tournament results are going to push newcomers forward, and old school will get left in the dust. I'm able to keep up with everyone above me, and I've beaten them all plenty of times. But with the two most recent tournies, needless to say, the placing I'm in is just. So if you all keep doing well at tournaments, you're more than likely going to be knocking the old school kids off in like another 2 or 3 tournaments at the very most. I honestly don't understand what all the *****ing is about.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I found a place down the street from my house that may rent out space for tourney stuff...
I was considering hosting monthlies there (or bi-monthlies), but i need more information.

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
how can you have kitty and pat on there if they havent been to tourneys in years?
and isnt minnty living in AZ??
1. VaNz
2. 4%
3. Abu
4. FlipX
5.Xdoesup
6. Zaxis
7. S1
8. Dempt.
9. Sweet
10. shrouded
if you were making an actual ohio list this is somewhat accurate except you forgot about drephen
idk who should be 2nd place me drephen 4% i guess we would need an ohio tourney where every1 goes to decide
also theres a decent peach player in cbus he would prob be 5th or 6th

FlipX

Smash Ace
Lol, this is the reason I let matt take care of this, sooooo much drama. But, this list is pretty accurate. Like X said, going to a tournament doesn't make you better than someone. It might help you improve, and you might be improving more than someone who doesn't go as regularly as you, but that doesn't make you a better player. At best, the people complaining about the list would all be fighting for like 10th place at best, and that is still questionable. Dempt has played with you guys around that area of the list the most so he should have an idea of who is 9th/10th ish. I dont play with ashtabula enough to know who really should be 10th, but don't make an argument because someone hasn't been to a tournament in a while.

Also Abu, I would be above you in a total ohio list. You're bad, MM me for 50 instead of backing out and reducing it to 5 and still losing like you did last time. (Thats how you deal with someone above you on the ladder, any questions? I still adore and respect your talent abhishek prabhu!)

S1 The God

Feeding the streets since 1885
If anything this will get all these guys to get out from their rocks and come play. Which is cool.

FlipX

Smash Ace
Me and kitty might be going with s1 to that cmu thing this weekend, so you may get to see for yourself then carroll =P

Btw, is that still happening shane? Kitty very briefly told me the details haha.

Goast

Smash Journeyman
Alright yall here's the deal... I found a venue where we can hold triweeklies or monthlies. Cloverleaf lanes (a pretty decent bowling ally) has a party room we can rent out and even store things such as TV's and equipment.
There's a catch ...ish. I chose this venue because weekend's cost about $125 but weekdays are about half that cost. This is good because if we start in the evenings till midnight it's kinda like a night out and gives a chance for those busy/working on the weekends to play. Or you can just go there and bowl or eat at the bar and cafe if you don't feel like playing. I can fundraise half the cost in my sleep so if we can get like $30 somehow each event or before we've covered the entire rental. the rest can go to payouts. Plus rates will more than likely drop if we go continuously.

The other problem is I get home from work around 6. We can go super hardcore from like 7:30 till midnight unless someone is willing to open early for me till I get there. Honestly Thursdays are the best night for me.

Oh yeah there are quite a few places to eat and hangout after for those without curfiews and probation.

What I need to know is how many people might be interested in this and who can provide setups. Aside from a few powerstrips and cheap TV's I'm not super equiped with wii's and cubes.

If we do this I reserve the right to coach all crew battles

KittyMW

Smash Apprentice
If we do this I reserve the right to coach all crew battles.

See what he did there lol the fine print

anyway this sounds pretty sweet post up an address so people can see how far it is from them, and then from there we can start planning the days and everything. and im sure most people wont complain about having to throw a few bucks your way for a venue i mean honestly even if 10 people come thats 3 bucks a pop i think they can handle that. and of course as for setups people will bring them just gotta yell at *****es and be like listen up ******s its time to **** *****es and get money

Goast

Smash Journeyman
The project melee group seems to pretty much be sold on fridays so rates might be higher 100 -120 ish but supposedly they're expecting a good turnout. Also Cloverleaf is open till 2:30 am on fridays so that gives us some good wiggleroom. However I'll have to be both aggressive about booking them on fridays. Which is fine as long as I know we don't get like only 3 n64 players showing up without memory cards.

Cloverleaf Lanes
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Clove...,+Brecksville+Road,+Independence,+OH&t=m&z=16

Project melee group
http://www.smashmods.com/forum/thread-2158-post-89755.html#pid89755

Goast

Smash Journeyman
If you could host saturday tournies there that would be sweet. Just charge 10 dollar venue

:phone:
We might have to do that. Project melee wants their own friday night crew anyways. Now that I think about it Friday Night PM followed by saturday Melee sounds like a good idea.

However, if Vanir's saturday venue is cheaper that might be better for you guys and less expensive on me. The key thing to remember is consistently reserving these party rooms on the weekends can be difficult. It's not just about how consistently people show up but also how many participate in each.

The other idea is alternating venues. Every other triweek we switch off. So on PM nights $5 for those who want melee but they'll have no tourney just MM's and friendlies. I can't say Why I don't like this idea, I'm just not married to it for some reason.

FlipX

Smash Ace
When would this be starting? It might be a week or so for me to get adjusted to my school schedule and figure out the homework load and what not before I can make it.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
monthlies would be ideal, I still haven't figured stuff out with the venue I was talking about, as I've been a little busy...

it seems silly to separate the P:M and Melee groups, lol...
thats more expensive and a silly way to separate the two scenes that should be functioning together anyway.
the important thing is attendance rates. we're more likely to have decent turnouts if we all group together... and that means cheaper venue fee, which means people will be more likely to show up every month anyway.

Oh I also can't attend on weeknights... because school...
weekends are ideal.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Did some training to shake off the rust, and now I'm getting back into Melee competitively. Ah...it's been years. :)

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Did some training to shake off the rust, and now I'm getting back into Melee competitively. Ah...it's been years. :)
Oh snap, I'll have to see this :p

Regarding the bi/tri weeklies, only days I could play are Friday/Saturday. But depending on who goes, I may or may not go to these.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Yoooooooooo

King FREEf

Or I guess now..

Eddie FREE

:yeahboi:
Yooooooooooo buy one get one free son, if you're lucky. :denzel:

Oh snap, I'll have to see this :p

Regarding the bi/tri weeklies, only days I could play are Friday/Saturday. But depending on who goes, I may or may not go to these.
Hopefully sometime soon. :3

When would anyone like to play/practice? I'm down for those Friday/Saturday things as well (except this Friday, my lady comes first) but I can play on some other days too.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
@ Carroll - Peach is actually the newest character to my roster lol (never played her at all back in the day, going off of Brawl exp for her + Armada scoping, she's so fun!). I also play both spacies, :marth:, :falcon:, and even some :ness2:/:roymelee:/:mewtwo: when I'm on point. The benefit of dancing around the character select screen for a long time haha. Take your pick yo!

@ ShroudedOne - Thank you sir. And Cleveland Heights eh? We should get some practice in bro!

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I agree. I don't do anything with my life. When would you be free this week? (And where)

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I'm free every evening (around 7ish for a few hours) until and excluding Friday. As for where...not sure, either your place or mine I guess. Though I'm not the biggest fan of having people I'm not very close to around my shiz, no offense. xD

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Darn, I'm only free in the early afternoons, usually anyways. But I'll try to see what I can do.

Goast

Smash Journeyman
Project melee group is out. So I guess saturday monthlies is where it's at. Any ideas on when we should start. September 29th I will be at BronyCon... I'm not playn'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom