• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Northeastern Ohio Melee Rankings [2012]

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
@ Carroll - Peach is actually the newest character to my roster lol (never played her at all back in the day, going off of Brawl exp for her + Armada scoping, she's so fun!). I also play both spacies, :marth:, :falcon:, and even some :ness2:/:roymelee:/:mewtwo: when I'm on point. The benefit of dancing around the character select screen for a long time haha. Take your pick yo!

@ ShroudedOne - Thank you sir. And Cleveland Heights eh? We should get some practice in bro!
Yeah, pretty sure EDDIE MONEY RIGHT HURRR used to main Marth and second Falco. Which I'd be down to play. I'm only 30-40 minutes away from the Heights, and we usually play often. So I'd be down to play this Saturday to anyone who may be interested. I'll post in our FB group to since I know most of you other kids go there more.

@ Goast - If it's on Saturday, I'm totally down. Willing to start this **** up whenever.

Goast

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, pretty sure EDDIE MONEY RIGHT HURRR used to main Marth and second Falco. Which I'd be down to play. I'm only 30-40 minutes away from the Heights, and we usually play often. So I'd be down to play this Saturday to anyone who may be interested. I'll post in our FB group to since I know most of you other kids go there more.

@ Goast - If it's on Saturday, I'm totally down. Willing to start this **** up whenever.
Let's shoot for a September 15th start. I'll try to reserve the venue tomorrow. Also I'm down to play this saturday. I don't even know the facebook group though lol

S1 The God

Feeding the streets since 1885
Let's shoot for a September 15th start. I'll try to reserve the venue tomorrow. Also I'm down to play this saturday. I don't even know the facebook group though lol
What?!

Add Shane McTrusty on facebook, and I'll add you to the group dog!

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Posting this in both threads.

Melee at my place Saturday (tomorrow/today).

List of people 100% confirmed:

~ Me
~ Flip
~ Slarts
~ Kitty
~ Pat
~ Z-Axis
~ X
~ Sweet

People who are interested but not confirmed:

~ Skyson
~ ShroudedOne
~ Ralis
~ Vanir
~ Jailbot
~ Double Rocky
~ Goast
~ Soap

PA (Taki and Vudujin) are also possibly attending.
If you plan on attending, text me @ 216-630-2200. Just so I can get a headcount.

Address

2671 East Pioneer Trail
Aurora, OH 44202

PLEASE BRING SETUPS. We plan on hosting a mini-house tournament, so the more setups, the better.

Doors open @ noon. If you don't want to be there right at noon, that's fine, it's just a smashfest. But I just want everyone to be aware of when they can start coming.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Well, today was a good day for smash. Lots of people in attendance. I'd post the bracket up in the results thread, but I think S1 deleted it.

S1 The God

yeah that's not even my laptop, and I left before the tourney ended.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Yooo... Goast whats the deal with the monthlies or w/e?
What time should we be there?
When does it end?
How much does it cost?
Etc.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
All I have is literally top 5. I have no idea who else placed what elsewise.

1) Vudujin
2) Taki
3) .Dempt
4) Z-Axis
5) FlipX

Goast

Smash Journeyman
Sorry guys. Things have been going crazy on my end. I still need to reserve the location which I should be able to do tomorrow. (Getting my car back)

I just found out we're on summer hours which is 6pm -2:30 am for Saturday lol. If you guys are down to still have this a go then by all means I'll reserve the room.

Fee is $8. $3 to freeplay $5 to tourney. Let me know what you guys think. If I can get help/advice from those who ran tourneys before, that would be sweet. Honestly, I have little idea how to do these lol

Goast

Smash Journeyman
I'll know for sure tomorrow but 99.9% sure the room is ours for september 15th. 11am- 2:30 am. With that said I'm thinking starting at 1:30 I'll probably open up the venue around 11:30. For those wanting to come and bowl. The ally won't be officially open till 6pm

S1 The God

if I end up running these ill make the thread. MADD hasn't contacted me doe

Goast

Smash Journeyman
Our estimate for the room was off. I didn't hear back from them so I went in and spoke with the manager who said he would call me back (which I'm still waiting to hear from)

Basically he told me roughly for like 5/6 hours our rates would be around 120-150 on weekends. For the whole day they're closer to $300. I think he was being generous on those numbers as well. I don't think this is really gonna work out. I asked for their rates on weekdays which they're "going to call me back". Sorry guys.

We can still do something like 5-10/11pm this saturday

I'm gonna get my car back and grill them out for solid info tuesday.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Woah... I dunno if we would even need it for an entire day for monthlies lol...
Assuming we get like... 15 people, 5-6 hours is more than enough.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
We should definitely do this in the future for a few hours...
These are going to be monthlies...
So if we get 15 people, $10 a person, we're good.
Don't expect all that many for monthlies anyway...
You'll definitely get bidwell.
Probs the canton crew.
Whats left of bula.
Probably some of PA.
At least part of cleveland (definitely me, peter, and jaiye)
And proly gunpunch.

So its pretty managable.

Goast

Smash Journeyman
Crash and *** money will b there this weekend...
I guess I'll show up lol

In all seriousness I'm still jumping through hoops with the staff making sure this is really gonna happen. I'm sure I'll be able to get everything resolved tomorrow and let you guys know. But what we have sounds good.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
$7

2 to show 5 to play
No.

It should be $10, no matter who does what. Everyone who will be there is going to enter the tourney anyways, so just charge the amount you need. Otherwise, you're going to end up eating the rest of the costs, which is entirely unfair to you, especially since you're doing all the work reserving the place (and finding it to begin with even).

DTR

Smash Journeyman
This is Chris. Eating costs can sometimes happen when you host stuff ive done it before so i can host stuff for you guys, but hey **** happens. That being said the costs on this place sounds absolutely outrageous considering well probably be buying food and drink from them as well as a few people bowling im sure. You can't always make it sound like you are asking make it sound like they want us there because they are gonna profit. $300 for a day? that seems a bit ridiculous we better be getting at least half the bowling alley to ourselves for that price considering.

S1 The God

um, if he says it's only going to cost 7 I'm assuming 7 covers the price. why would he even say that if it didn't lol?

Goast

Smash Journeyman
well excuse me... $10 then

we won't be renting the whole day. Like vanir said, a few hours should suffice. 5/6hrs will drop the price down significantly. **cough which is why I would like to do weeknights

BTW steak N shake afterwards

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Cleveland won't be able to attend weeknights though...
we in school son...
Over the summer, weeknights would be fine.

anyway, what time is this whole shindig starting and stuff?

once we get stuff worked out, make sure a topic is posted in the midwest tournaments thing...

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
um, if he says it's only going to cost 7 I'm assuming 7 covers the price. why would he even say that if it didn't lol?
Do the ****ing math. You really think $7 from everyone is going to cover the expenses of $120-$150? ****ing WRONG.

Be honest, how many kids can we even have show up to this?

~ Me
~ vanir
~ Solace One
~ Sweet
~ ShroudedOne
~ Ralis
~ Paturnips
~ FlipX
~ Slarti
~ Goast

These are the only people that would come for the most part. That's even being optimistic. Not all of you kids have jobs, and/or for some reason or another, won't show up 100% of the time. We have plenty of others, but they'd even come less. So think about that for a second. How much do you think the host then is going to cough up out of his own wallet? A good chunk of money. Enough money to where we as a crew should of been helping him out, since he is doing this for us. Had I known that **** happened to Kitty I woulda helped his *** out. That's pretty much bull****.

S1 The God

Do the ****ing math. You really think $7 from everyone is going to cover the expenses of $120-$150? ****ing WRONG.

Be honest, how many kids can we even have show up to this?

~ Me
~ vanir
~ Solace One
~ Sweet
~ ShroudedOne
~ Ralis
~ Paturnips
~ FlipX
~ Slarti
~ Goast

These are the only people that would come for the most part. That's even being optimistic. Not all of you kids have jobs, and/or for some reason or another, won't show up 100% of the time. We have plenty of others, but they'd even come less. So think about that for a second. How much do you think the host then is going to cough up out of his own wallet? A good chunk of money. Enough money to where we as a crew should of been helping him out, since he is doing this for us. Had I known that **** happened to Kitty I woulda helped his *** out. That's pretty much bull****.
i would think that if he said it was $7 that he had already planned out the cost and felt comfortable with the risk. why would he say that if he was going to have to pay some ridiculous amount of money?

like you said, a lot of us don't have jobs and a price of 7 would be a lot better for us babies and would probably bring in more people.

also, marco, eli, pat and kitty both expressed interest in THIS THREAD, also dokz, jwnz, get low, soap has been looking to play for months, plus a slew of other random heights/bula scrubs. your list isnt anywhere near accurate

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
i would think that if he said it was $7 that he had already planned out the cost and felt comfortable with the risk. why would he say that if he was going to have to pay some ridiculous amount of money?

like you said, a lot of us don't have jobs and a price of 7 would be a lot better for us babies and would probably bring in more people.

also, marco, eli, pat and kitty both expressed interest in THIS THREAD, also dokz, jwnz, get low, soap has been looking to play for months, plus a slew of other random heights/bula scrubs. your list isnt anywhere near accurate
This is the part where you piss me off with your ****ing ignorance.

"i would think that if he said it was $7 that he had already planned out the cost and felt comfortable with the risk. why would he say that if he was going to have to pay some ridiculous amount of money?"

Maybe if you did the math yourself and quit relying on others' judgement, you'd clearly see it's WAY off. They teach you how to do math in Ashtabula, right? The reason he said $7 is because he was throwing a number out just for the sake of getting a response. Clearly he didn't think about the additional costs, and that he's rushing into this entire idea, which makes me extremely hesitant.

"like you said, a lot of us don't have jobs and a price of 7 would be a lot better for us babies and would probably bring in more people."

And how should that be his problem? The babies can borrow money from mommy and daddy if they want to play so bad. Otherwise, each and every one of them is capable of getting a job, and if not, well then they shouldn't be playing, simple. Believe me, I'd LOVE the idea of $7 for complete entry. But I also have these things called "morals", and they're telling me that stiffing the host out of money isn't right, just so that I can walk in with a discount. And for what, $3 extra bucks? If you're really that broke, and I should be the LAST person saying this, but if you really can't afford three more dollars, then that's pathetic.

"also, marco, eli, pat and kitty both expressed interest in THIS THREAD, also dokz, jwnz, get low, soap has been looking to play for months, plus a slew of other random heights/bula scrubs. your list isnt anywhere near accurate"

Let me start by posting this little bit:

I went ahead and even color coded it for you too.

How many smashfests/tournies have happened and how many of those people listed attended? Spoilers: A very seldom amount. Expressing interest is one thing, but actually stepping up and doing **** is another. The people you listed are either new or they've got more important **** to do than drive out to Cleveland to play smash once a month. You really need to get that aspect of life through your head, and once again, I should be the LAST person to say that.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
It's just late o' clock. You know, after a certain hour of the day/night, you just get pissed off and just have to rant at someone?

That was you tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom