• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Melee Texture Hack Thread

SongOfStormz

Smash Rookie
Could someone make a Rainbow FD? Or if they have the file, make a download? I have been searching everywhere... I know it is in the 20XX Hack Pack, but I just want the physical .dat or .usd file to replace it in the MeleeToolKit

CSTL!?

Smash Cadet

Ice Climber textures progress:
Gonna be making a whole batch of textures to release at one time instead of little by little.
Papa Bless

Last edited:

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
Could someone make a Rainbow FD? Or if they have the file, make a download? I have been searching everywhere... I know it is in the 20XX Hack Pack, but I just want the physical .dat or .usd file to replace it in the MeleeToolKit
I think it's a code

Godwin_Point

Smash Cadet
Wow, how do you do thoses special pokemon stadium stuff ? I thought the ground texture was just a 32x32 png that was repeated on the ground, but you manage to do some patterns, etc.
I downloaded the germany and USA stadium but I can't understand how it works. The usa one still shows the green grass texture when openned with dat texture wizzard

whims

Smash Apprentice
is there a guide for adding (not replacing/overwriting) custom stage textures to the new 20xx 4.05 update? in the debug menu there's a place to add several skins to certain stages, and i feel like it requires hex editing.

Thomas Johnson

Smash Cadet
Although I do like this design quite a bit as you are one of the few that put in the time to actually change Falco's color structs, I wish you hadn't removed the actual texture from his pants and shirt, as it now lacks any depth due to the flatness of the said clothing. Try making another one where you simply change his pants+shirt to black+white, then adjust contrast/brightness and see if it looks better (If you want, obviously).
I'm not great at Photoshop, but you have a good point. I'm sure I could get the lines and creases to stand out a little more!

Minerali

Smash Apprentice
So, I made some Captain Falcon skins

Name: Homer Simpson (Replaces Pink/White)
Made by: MINERALI
Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/afijzn3y9unxore/PlCaWh+homer.dat

Name: Louie, the Captain of Bugs [PIKMIN] (Replaces Blue)
Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hsflu4nj7alt988/PlCaBu+Louie.dat

Name: Captain Olimar [PIKMIN] (Replaces Neutral)
Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4s4w4kn8rau9ntx/PlCaNr+OLIMAR.dat

Name: Rock Lee [Naruto] (Replaces Green)
Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/xs7j9s6of51s6o2/PlCaGr+rocklee.dat

Name: Waluigi (Replaces Black)
Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/h4n3zbaj7uvx4g9/PlCaGy+Waluigi.dat

Name: Wario original attire (Replaces Pink/White)
Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ae439ohvwmglj55/PlCaWh+wario.dat

These are my first, so of course any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Goatlink

Smash Apprentice
So, I made some Captain Falcon skins

These are my first, so of course any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Those are pretty good. Olimar and Louie aren't very recognisable tbh. For all of the skins I think you should remove falcons shoulder pad.

Minerali

Smash Apprentice
Those are pretty good. Olimar and Louie aren't very recognisable tbh. For all of the skins I think you should remove falcons shoulder pad.
Yeah, I didn't like how those two turned out. I think it's a problem with the concept since you can't really identify them without their short height, helmets with that bright antenna and their big noses. I don't know if you can really change Falcon's nose and helmet structure.

How do you remove the shoulder pad?

Goatlink

Smash Apprentice

itsadair

Smash Rookie
REQUEST:

A stage texture (for any stage, probably easiest with FD?) where the entire stage, and background are all the same color; preferably something unique like all Green, Neon, or Black. Ideally when on the stage the character will just appear floating in the color. I want this so I can record a sequence and then use a Chroma Key to only capture the characters, you probably wouldn't be able to use the stage for actual play but I'm just trying to capture a sequence for so I can use it in a video overlay. If this is possible to make I imagine it would be pretty easy, thank you!

VikingSteeez

Smash Cadet
REQUEST:

A stage texture (for any stage, probably easiest with FD?) where the entire stage, and background are all the same color; preferably something unique like all Green, Neon, or Black. Ideally when on the stage the character will just appear floating in the color. I want this so I can record a sequence and then use a Chroma Key to only capture the characters, you probably wouldn't be able to use the stage for actual play but I'm just trying to capture a sequence for so I can use it in a video overlay. If this is possible to make I imagine it would be pretty easy, thank you!
You can do this with 20XX or gameshark (lol gameshark). With 20XX if you go to the debug menu and switch the debug level to "develop", youll get access to a bunch of in-game toggles that they used when developing the game. just go to any stage (yoshi story obviously) and press X and down on the D-Pad a few times. The HUD will disappear and then so will EVERYTHING except for the players and certain objects like shy guys or birdo or whatever.All that remains are the players and a flat, monochromatic backdrop, which you can switch between white or black. It should be noted that the lighting effects on the character won't change as you toggle; lighting still depends on the particular stage. Also know that pressing start freezes the game on the current frame, (it doesn't crash the game though, press start again to unfreeze) and if you want to pause normally to quit, you press X and up on the D-Pad.

k byyyy

7upjawa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
7upjawa
3DS FC
3823-8521-4588
Hey Vestboy, This has been a while, but I gave up on the version i was making of it due to Falco's Blue Shimmer, i Couldnt get rid of it and It Would look nice.

Bladeshard

Smash Rookie
Im using 20XX 4.05 and it seems that when I place some of the custom stage textures into my root and create the iso, they don't actually change the textures of the stage when I load it up. (Pink dreamland, matrix battlefield, awesome destination etc.) What am I doing wrong?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Im using 20XX 4.05 and it seems that when I place some of the custom stage textures into my root and create the iso, they don't actually change the textures of the stage when I load it up. (Pink dreamland, matrix battlefield, awesome destination etc.) What am I doing wrong?
GrOp.0at = default Dream Land
GrNBa.0at = default Battlefield (but Matrix Battlefield is already an option in the Debug Menu
GrNFg.0at = default FD

Top Bottom