• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MD/VA Power Rankings! Updated March 22nd.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Ya, but until you start actually uses sypher's system isn't it just your guys opinion anyway?

I'm sure you'd all agree chu should be up there, so couldn't you just change it before the 22nd?

It's not a big deal because the 22nd is so close, i just don't understand what's stopping you.
Cause we're trying to keep SOME integrity here, not like "oh lolz oopz messed up, lemme just change that real quick" imo it takes some credibility from the PR (though I'm sure someone will ***** that there's no cred. to start with)

And no, it's not completely opinion.

Mahone

Smash Champion
I understand what you are saying, i just think this is a special case where NO ONE would disagree with putting chu on there, since most people thought he should have been on there from the start....

but if you don't want to set a precedent of like "ok we all agree, lets just do it", i can respect that

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
I understand what you are saying, i just think this is a special case where NO ONE would disagree with putting chu on there, since most people thought he should have been on there from the start....

but if you don't want to set a precedent of like "ok we all agree, lets just do it", i can respect that
I just wanted to keep with what I see other PRs doing, I guess. And yeah, not having Chu on the first one was a mistake, but it was only because he had said he was quitting haha.

xMilkMan

Smash Cadet
I gotcha, not too bad i suppose.. about the same as here more or less.. (nova)
But Laijin was right, alot of us Md/Va have never / rarely get to play Sova people. I can say i've never played anyone. I think the only one i played was The Doug during pools at pound haha.
Oh and I always read your name as "ron" and not "ran", maybe it differs per person? =D

Again, I agree with you.
You've played me =D! I was in that R2 pool too!

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Also, savedge should not be on this list, im not saying hes bad, but hes definitely not active enough... i think we should put winston or laijin.
I would consider arguing for myself but I lost to both you and CK in recent tournaments.

Why not yourself? Who do you lose to in this region anyway?

w/e it's all a moot point because Boss should go on the PR before us anyway

@ Joe: It definitely isn't/shouldn't be that simple cause matchups are gay and stuff.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Aight if its the 22nd then I think we should consolidate the major arguing points

1. Chu should be on the list
2. Boss should be on the list
3. Thumbs needs to move up
4. Voodoo needs to move way down

Since we would add 2 more to the list, I am assuming this would eliminate the possibility of adding anyone else (Winston, Shaeman, Ether, Wenbo, FreeK, Mahone, Laijin, etc....well except maybe Ether cause I heard hes hella good lol)

rhan

Smash Hero
Shae beats Ether and Ether claims Shae is the best in SoVA.

Just an FYI.

Shae says they go even. Ether thinks he's gdlk.

Mahone

Smash Champion
I would consider arguing for myself but I lost to both you and CK in recent tournaments.

Why not yourself? Who do you lose to in this region anyway?

w/e it's all a moot point because Boss should go on the PR before us anyway

@ Joe: It definitely isn't/shouldn't be that simple cause matchups are gay and stuff.
Lol, I don't really give a **** about being on the list.... i would just have to hear more people john about jiggs.

Who do i lose to.... hmmmmmmm...

I use to always lose to Vist, Greg, like 4 tournies in a row (i think i'd beat greg now though)

then i started losing to Vist, Chillin like 3 times in a row (i feel like chillin plays like lozr so mabye, but idk, chillin got a lot better too)

now i lose to vist, and then play falco lol

God damn it vist.

Mahone

Smash Champion
Wow... just wow... the one person who hasn't made fun of me for that..... it's over.......

Oh wait, nvm, that was Gambler0

Also, do you want to mm? $20?

Laijin

Smash Hero
Did I say Kiera Knightley? idk I read it on wikipedia. Whoever played Padme in Episode 2. She was kinda hot.

Anyways. About your little challenges. Not a great idea. It won't work.

Instead of me typing a huge reason, Vist already said it several pages ago. This post covers my opinion:

IMO, having Richmond on the MD/VA PR is kinda dumb. I see the Richmond crew about as often as I do Tristate smashers. They pretty much never come to any local events... Tope/Cyrain came to like one of Sypher's events and Savage has done about the same. I can see Doll being included since he has been to at least 3 Syphers since the summer, but including the rest of Richmond is a bit of a stretch.

Also, how would any of the majority of MD/VA have a chance to get ranked above any of the Richmond players? By outplacing them at some huge national? Hoping to beat them / outplace them at the once in a blue moon chance they come to a local tournament? For me and probably a good amount of the MD/VA players, going down to Radford or w/e other SoVA events is just as far as going to Philly. Just doesn't seem to make much sense...

And for ****'s sake, don't make this into a discussion of "Why should they come up to NoVA? I mean they're so good guys lemme get back to s-ing on their d's". Yes, they are good and have their reasons for not coming up here, but the fact of the matter is that they don't go to any locals and pretty much never play most of us except the few that go to school relatively near them etc.

Anyway...Not sure how far back this list is supposed to go, but looking at the more recent events I would say Thumbs should be above Voodoo and possibly plank as well. Voodoo hasn't really been to much since he graduated and plank has come to like one or two events and didn't place all that high (although he did make brackets at p5).

hot$

Smash Ace
You've played me =D! I was in that R2 pool too!
ohhh, I had no idea. Well thank you for filling me in haha.
Well I've played 2 SOVA people, actually 3.. I played the Fear at a Syphers once..

HMMM, still a bunch to play still -____-

NOVA IS COOL.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Voodoo told me he is mia until May, so he should just be put on hiatus on the list until he comes back and starts entering again, and then we can just add him in at whatever placings he gets.

Seriously lulzing at the fact that these PRs are seriously going to try to include SoVA. I'm just gonna sit back and wait for an inevitable flame war about two players' position that can't be determined because they haven't been to the same tournament since Pound 5.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Until May? Thats a really small hiatus. 2 months. No one should count as retired until 4-5 months minimum. You guys gotta stop looking for reasons to take people off the list.

LOL.

Welllllll, there we have it. No Boss.
Um why does it matter what he says? Hes plenty active. Way more active than half the list. He was at APEX, Pound V, and the last Sypher's. He plays every week. And he sure as hell is good enough to be on the list so I don't see the problem.

Just because Boss is a humble guy doesnt mean we shouldnt include him. Its not just about him, but the region. His skill isn't only his pride but all of ours.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I was just joking. If you want to I'll $5 mm you. You seem like you need to learn the Peach matchup. I have a friend that plays the gayest Jiggs in the world so...

Does anybody here seriously think they are better than Tope or Cyrain? I can understand Doll and Savedge but... Besides it's only the Md players that don't play them. Redd and G-reg play the good players in Richmond fairly frequently.

I also really want a Md/Va crew battle to happen. Would be mad hype.

BigWenz

Smash Ace
I was just joking. If you want to I'll $5 mm you. You seem like you need to learn the Peach matchup. I have a friend that plays the gayest Jiggs in the world so...

Does anybody here seriously think they are better than Tope or Cyrain? I can understand Doll and Savedge but... Besides it's only the Md players that don't play them. Redd and G-reg play the good players in Richmond fairly frequently.

redd, chu, ck, boss, mahone vs thumbs, vist, winston, wenbo, laijin (off of usual syphers attendance)

yea this could be madd hype. However, any MD vs VA crew battle with tope and cyrain is gonna go to VA by default. at this present moment in time i dont think MD has a player that can beat cyrain and tope especially since two best MD players are a falcon and a luigi, in which both get countered hard by tope's sheik by default.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
just put me in vs. VA for a crew battle and i'll take 10 or 11 stock

for the 3RD TIME :troll:

thumbswayup

Smash Master
She was in the first one, wenbo is right. I literally had no clue until just now.. Unless you just mean "oh shes not in the 2nd film"

"Keira Knightley as Sabé: Queen Amidala's body double and decoy. "
HAHA omg she was like in 15 minutes of the movie

Also Clyde I lost mad respect for you. IT'S NATALIE PORTMAN YOU DUMB MOTHER ****ER

I'm seriously facepalming right now at your ignorance

But anyways, G-reg just posted saying he doesn't play much anymore, does that mean he isn't going to come to any tournies anymore? If so he should be taken off, but ignore this if he still enters stuff in the future.

I think the last couple of spots could be taken by a lot of potential players. Boss, Ck, Mahone, Winston, Wenbo, Chival etc (dunno about Chris, I know he has potential but he never enters so I have no idea) more people are getting better. Some are within realizing great potential, but aren't quite there yet. Specifically Mahone, Winston, Wenbo, Chival. These guys have MASSIVE potential, but they squander so mother ****ing hard when it counts. I watch them in tourny or hear about it later, and I'm like "really, you lost to __?". Everybody goes through that phase, it's like you guys are scared of beating good people are something. You just have to prove yourselves

I already know how good Boss and CK are. Why Vodoo is so high on the list and they aren't even on it is beyond me.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
lmao @ keira knightley

Seb, the lectures are getting kind of old ><

Who do I lose to that makes you go "really, you lost to ___?"

CK in an extremely close and ******** set after going months without any fox practice?
Vist and Plank a million times?
Mahone? (Didn't he beat you at that very same tournament?)

I squander a little, but so does almost everybody. People just play worse in tournament; it's not like I have it especially bad or anything.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
You guys squandering is getting kind of old.

I say this stuff cause it's depressing to know how good some of you are, but how tournament results don't reflect that. It's mainly at bigger tournies, not doing well in pools, losing to people who you should be beating. I'm not sure if it was anything recent.

Mahone

Smash Champion

Sure 5 bucks.... i wouldn't play jiggs :)

You guys squandering is getting kind of old.

I say this stuff cause it's depressing to know how good some of you are, but how tournament results don't reflect that. It's mainly at bigger tournies, not doing well in pools, losing to people who you should be beating. I'm not sure if it was anything recent.
I could say the same for you Mr. Double Knee....

also, Winston got in round 3 of pools, and I don't think I lost to anyone that I was better than.

Mahone

Smash Champion
lmao @ keira knightley

Seb, the lectures are getting kind of old ><

Who do I lose to that makes you go "really, you lost to ___?"

CK in an extremely close and ******** set after going months without any fox practice?
Vist and Plank a million times?
Mahone? (Didn't he beat you at that very same tournament?)

I squander a little, but so does almost everybody. People just play worse in tournament; it's not like I have it especially bad or anything.
Oh ya, i forgot, you might be the one person who loses to vist more than me

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Okay, so Boss is on the list anyways. <3 ****.

Ummm, yo Mahone I noticed your rate of improvement is mad impressive LOL ****.

Top Bottom