• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
What to people think about ICs vs Sheik nowadays?

I remember people used to think Sheik gets *****, then people said it's kinda even if Sheik is gay enough, but now I don't even see the matchup happen anymore.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Still basically even match-up. They're both really gay for each other.
Sheik brickwalls IC really easily and splits them up pretty good. but that kinda sheik also stays in the air, which isn't a good spot to be against IC. IF IC can somehow get under her, They'll shut her down which Uairs. The sheik that I play against spams needles and bairs at mid range though, making it tough to get through. That, plus her lagless tilts gives her good shield pressure against a character whose shield you shouldn't touch. Against sheiks that are obnoxiously gay, I honestly believe it's sheik's advantage. But maybe that's because I suck at this game. >_<

I remember back when everyone used to think IC ***** sheik just because of Dthrow Dsmash chaingrabs. lololol

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Lol honestly in today's day and age it's pretty useless to argue about melee tier list because everyone knows everything about each character's strengths and weaknesses now. Just play in tournament and have fun!

Top 7 are too good in melee, all viable

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Thats a valid point.

But these so called pointless arguments lead to individuals learning new stuff. So its really not pointless, just tedious and possible to no avail, but still a viable discussion.

Im down with saying well for this reason fox should be higher than marth etc.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
But these so called pointless arguments lead to individuals learning new stuff. So its really not pointless, just tedious and possible to no avail, but still a viable discussion.
VERY TRUE. This is why I'm also glad that mods usually seem to let bs question threads go for at least 24 hours before they get closed (after the question has been answered). I feel that the main purpose of this sight should be for people to learn (and let's face it, the search function is good, but sometimes pretty tedious when you want to find something specific).

lexington

Smash Cadet
Wow I just realized Samus is above Doc in tier list! Whats wrong with this stuff?! My B on the bad post from before then (that was a fail). I hope Dr Mario surpasses that tomboy though!
hey hey she is not a tomboy ¬¬ you dont mess with samus (:

and i think her position is good, im a little sad she went down but still the ones above her have their stuff xD and she can own dr =)

and another thing, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE???? SAMUS >>>>>>>>>>>>ganon

i love ganon but even i know samus can kick his ***....

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
and another thing, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE???? SAMUS >>>>>>>>>>>>ganon

i love ganon but even i know samus can kick his ***....

Not really. Last time I heard samus even has a bad match-up ganon. Ganon players do better in tournys also. I'm not sure about Doc. Doc might be better than Samus and Ganon, but i don't know because not many people play Doc.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Ganon would definitely place higher, without a doubt. Ganon has better tourney placings, matchups, and is just an overall better character.

tbh, this is something that I would expect from a new tier list:

Fox
Marth
Sheik / Falco
Falco / Sheik

Jiggs
Peach
Falcon

ICs / Ganon
Ganon / ICs
Doc
Samus
Luigi
Mario
DK

the rest, I don't really care about lol, though I wouldn't be surprised if Mewtwo rose a bit and if Pika took Link's spot and / or Link was right under DK in middle tier.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
When I was talking to M2K a few days before HERB2, he told me that he thought Falco was the best character, then Fox, then Sheik, then Marth/Jiggz, and the rest didn't really matter. I'm not sure if his opinion has changed since then.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
You must have heard wrong. I've heard M2K say over and over again that he believes Sheik to be the best character in Melee
....you must have read wrong. This was a about a month ago, a few days before HERB2. M2K came to NC early. I was playing a lot of friendlies with him and we were just talking about Melee. He literally told me these things. I'm pretty sure I didn't hear him wrong.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Falco has been placing very well across both smaller tourneys and bigger scale tourneys like Genesis and SCSAs. Sheik hasn't as much.

That being said, Sheik also has better matchups and is more stable (doesn't get gimped as easily and isn't as predictable). IMO Sheik should be above Falco, but I really wouldn't be surprised if Falco was at 3rd in a new tier list.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
....you must have read wrong. This was a about a month ago, a few days before HERB2. M2K came to NC early. I was playing a lot of friendlies with him and we were just talking about Melee. He literally told me these things. I'm pretty sure I didn't hear him wrong.
Even up to a month ago he was saying sheik was the best character in the game. Not saying it didnt happen but m2k has stood behind sheik for awhile.

Falco does **** so maybe he is the best in the game, either way-jiggs and peachs are placing these days.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Um even recently, M2K has said Sheik > Fox > Marth > the rest. I don't think he's ever seriously said Falco is the best, unless he was joking / lying or he's using that as an excuse for losing to Zhu lol

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
guys... I'm just saying what M2K told me...
lol They know what you heard obviously. :laugh:

M2K must have changed his opinion though. He made a post pretty recently IIRC that said otherwise. Something like Fox Falco/Sheik then Marth or something. I just remember reading "marth is overrated."

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
When I was talking to M2K a few days before HERB2, he told me that he thought Falco was the best character, then Fox, then Sheik, then Marth/Jiggz, and the rest didn't really matter. I'm not sure if his opinion has changed since then.
You must have heard wrong. I've heard M2K say over and over again that he believes Sheik to be the best character in Melee
Why are we just blindly following what M2K says?

M2K is a great player, but he's not omniscent.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
IMO if someone's educated opinion can change constantly like that, it just shows that the top characters of this game are balanced

the best doesnt really matter much lol

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One

Nobody is blindly following what m2k says. Nobody is even taking what he says as fact. m2k isnt omnicient but for a debater ur not being very smart. Take a look at what ur really saying, also note you included yourself by saying "we".

In fact nobody is even arguing that sheik or falco is the best. All we are saying is that m2k has made his opinion known and this is what he said. He just posted somewhere, and said marth was not the best and that falco fox and sheik were better. iir. And hes been saying that sheik is the best character in the game for awhile.

The tier list of the collected community of respected smashers doesnt reflect what he says, nor do the recent tournament winners.

But considering how m2k is better than all of us posting right now, he must know something about the game. So it would be dumb not to at least consider his opinion. I think hes earned at least that much.

LSDX

Wah!
But considering how m2k is better than all of us posting right now, he must know something about the game. So it would be dumb not to at least consider his opinion. I think hes earned at least that much.
That still doesn't justify the fact that it's just his opinion, just as all tiers are. I'm not disproving the existent of tiers, but all it is are multiple opinions tossed into one pot and a roulette was played out. Somehow, Mewtwo was below Pichu for seven years.

See, I made some proofs.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Ganon and Doc are both >>> Samus. As for whether or not it's Ganon > Doc or Doc > Ganon in the tiers is really up for debate, although I'm sure most people would claim Ganon > Doc.
Thank you otg! Doc is better against high tier matchups than Samus. Plus, I know Doc can **** Samus all night long, especially since caping nullifies alot of her projectile approaches!

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
M2K also argued that DK is a Fox counter on FD cus he beat Cactuar in a friendly there.

Mango says Jiggs/Marth is 80-20 in Marths favor(unless he's playing of course)

Dogysamich says Falcon is one of if not Doc's hardest match ups. HMW and Shroomed say he's not that bad.

Every player, good and bad has opinions. Just because someone is better than someone else doesn't automatically make them right. M2K has been known to blow stuff out of proportion, don't automatically assume he knows exactly what he's talking about. The fact that HE can beat many players with random characters is mostly due to the fact that he's just that much better than them, so just because he can do it doesn't mean it's 100% what's going to happen if two equally skilled players go at it.

Mango's a troll and he can't pass math.

Dogy, HMW and Shroomed are all extremely talented Doc players, but each has their own specific play style, so what may be difficult for one may not be for another.

I think what everyone needs to remember here is that in truth, the tier list shouldn't be a specific "This character is better than this character so they go here" list but rather a list of characters that have proven themselves capable of specific levels of play.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua

I personally disagree with what M2K told me, even when he explained it to me. No one here is blindly following M2K, I just thought it would be a good thing to mention in this thread. When someone of M2K's knowledge, experience, and caliber of the game (being that he's one of the best) says something about tiers, it's just a good idea to listen and take it into consideration since they really know what they're talking about, especially M2K.

LSDX

Wah!
I personally disagree with what M2K told me, even when he explained it to me. No one here is blindly following M2K, I just thought it would be a good thing to mention in this thread. When someone of M2K's knowledge, experience, and caliber of the game (being that he's one of the best) says something about tiers, it's just a good idea to listen and take it into consideration since they really know what they're talking about, especially M2K.
It's always possible that M2K could just be messin' with people due to his high stature in the Smash community, so that others wouldn't doubt his word. Just an assumption, but w/e.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Dark Hart is right, the latest word from M2K is that Fox/Falco are the best, then Sheik, then Marth. But who knows, maybe he'll change his mind again

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
It's always possible that M2K could just be messin' with people due to his high stature in the Smash community, so that others wouldn't doubt his word. Just an assumption, but w/e.

Dark Hart is right, the latest word from M2K is that Fox/Falco are the best, then Sheik, then Marth. But who knows, maybe he'll change his mind again
See!!!!????!??!?!? I was telling the truth. But there is a good chance he will change his mind, as well as the rest of us, because Melee is an ever-changing game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom