• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
The only thing this "leak" brought us was pain and animosity. It's not that I don't like the roster, I'm just hating how every single thread somehow turns into an argument.

Regardless of whether or not the "prophets" deem it correct, regardless of whether or not the character squares align perfectly, I'm not believing this roster until I see a completed picture posted.

If I'm being ignorant, well...whatever.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
>_< This roster is fantastic! Do you realise that the Soul Calibur and Guilty Gear games get around 5 new characters per installment at BEST?

I am so hyped for this game, and this roster is almost perfect! The only thing that could make it better in my eyes would be replacing ROB with an Animal Crossing rep.

All of you who are disappointed with Brawl, do you forget about the sheer amount of extra STUFF that's been packed into the game? SSE and Stage builder alone would leave me expecting a roster of about 30!

It's amazing how images can invoke several unnecessary emotions. Regaurdless if this is an assumption or not, you guys shouldn't attack one another, especially if this can be proven True/False over the course of a fortnight.

Does everything on these forums have to eventually evolve into a debate? *Sigh*

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I'm not arguing saying this is 100% confirmed. I'm saying that it's a low probability (% chance) that you can guess a 35 character list with the same character order revealed 12 hours later.

You can add a whole other line and have 40 characters.

Maben

Smash Journeyman
Card, if you look at the "leaked" list and insert characters into the 2ch picture, with the end of each row wrapping around to the next, the mock-up ends up being right I'm pretty sure. That's what's so suspicious about this whole thing, because it fits so perfectly with a prediction made before-hand if the characters logically move from left to right when characters are plopped in between them.

I'm not trying to take up either side here, just trying to clear things up.

Sanji

Smash Apprentice
Heres how its gonna go down in a couple of days....

One of the two groups of people will (obviously) have to be wrong. The winning side willl flame the losers. The losers will be silent.

As everyone can see, both sides have reasonable arguments as to why they think the way they do.

So my question is.... why the **** are we arguing about something we have no idea of knowing the answer to?

Cranky Kong

Smash Rookie
NyaseNya, MarkMan, Reno, PoR, CZ, they were all right.

PoR included the same exact arrangement earlier way before the 2ch guy posted the picture of the starting roster and she also included the "random select" in the bottom right corner.

Yay. I knew it all along, I just find it somewhat funny that there are still so many doubters :laugh:

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
I'm not arguing saying this is 100% confirmed. I'm saying that it's a low probability (% chance) that you can guess a 35 character list with the same character order revealed 12 hours later.
Much stranger things have happened.

spindash

Smash Ace
It's amazing how images can invoke several unnecessary emotions. Regaurdless if this is an assumption or not, you guys shouldn't attack one another, especially if this can be proven True/False over the course of a fortnight.

Does everything on these forums have to eventually evolve into a debate? *Sigh*
Actually, I enjoy this. No one is flaming one another (my true definition of flame tends to be going to insults that are too far such as calling others idiots and etc. in an attempt to be hurtful).

I haven't seen such a heated debate in a long time, and forums are meant to be used for the sharing of information/general discussion of whatever topic the forum pertains to/lively debates, correct?

Let the debates continue, if we see an unremarkable amount of trash talking, then it's not a debate. Until then, this ain't no flame war. This is one heated debate that I'm enjoying very much.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
>_< This roster is fantastic! Do you realise that the Soul Calibur and Guilty Gear games get around 5 new characters per installment at BEST?

I am so hyped for this game, and this roster is almost perfect! The only thing that could make it better in my eyes would be replacing ROB with an Animal Crossing rep.

All of you who are disappointed with Brawl, do you forget about the sheer amount of extra STUFF that's been packed into the game? SSE and Stage builder alone would leave me expecting a roster of about 30!
The ONLY thing I was hoping for in the **** game was one of the most voted for characters in the poll who is the second most important character from one of the most important franchises
-coughRidley-
I would have been fine if they would scrap ATs altogether if it meant Ridley being in.

You can play Geno in SMRPG, and I assume you can play Krystal in at least one of the Starfox games. But Ridley? This is basically my only opportunity to play as him.

BoAKaN

Smash Apprentice
NyaseNya, MarkMan, Reno, PoR, CZ, they were all right.

PoR included the same exact arrangement earlier way before the 2ch guy posted the picture of the starting roster and she also included the "random select" in the bottom right corner.

Yay. I knew it all along, I just find it somewhat funny that there are still so many doubters :laugh:
What makes you think they aren't working together to make sure people don't debunk them?

Maben

Smash Journeyman
Lol Limey has a green name, first time I've seen that :)

I guess he gets to be a special one.

I really wish we could just get some solid screenshots so this whole thing would be over.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace

You can add a whole other line and have 40 characters.
a) the person did not guess it entirely correct. the second half of the third row and the 4th row conflict with each other.

b) the 2chan leak COULD BE FAKE, based upon the "leaked" 35 mock-up.

c) the "leaked" 35 character mock-up could have been based on the original "leak" on 1/19/08

d) as we've said, characters can be jumbled like in Melee, so characters being in the correct order on a mockup/starting roster does not matter.

Cranky Kong

Smash Rookie
Am I the only one who wishes that someone would have took Reno's money bet on GAF that this whole thing was legitimate? It would have been interesting...

Card

Smash Lord
Demo does not Reflect the Actual Game...

Why are you even trying to point that out?

The only thing I pointed out about Whobby was how it was the Character Roster the faker had at his disposal when he made this huge list. He assumed based on that roster, that the first row would remain the same, and used that as his template for his vertical placement

Anyways I'm done with this. I've said my case, you've chosen to not accept it, I'll leave you be.

Maben

Smash Journeyman
I mean, I see where Card is coming from...but Card you are assuming this is a "faker" trying to scheme how to make this seem real. If you look at it from the "real" perspective, perhaps the first 6 characters just happen to be ones that are in the demo, and therefore don't move around when we discover the hidden characters.

mrbiz

Smash Rookie
I'm beginning to agree with Card - it seems most likely that all these "leaks" were based on previous "leaks" in order to appear credible. Since we are using cross-referencing to check them they hold up.

For example how easy would it be to say you are a prophet and then just quote a mixture of what PoR and others have said.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
no Krystal no Ridley....Im cooling off with losing Claus...but wtf....R.O.B64? and why the redundancy of the space animals with guns......since Clones are in (Ness.........omfg you took Claus' spot.......burn) 35 is too little...

they shouldve just left every character in (even ******** pplz like Pichu....)

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
I don't think someone would have a ****in hard work to produce a fake brawl disc and take pictures of it, to photoshop a perfect SS of the starting roster, to create a perfect-possible roster that agree with famous prophets of other country, and everything else, just for including ROB in his leak.

Think about it.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
wait wait wait WAAIIITTTT.

.....let me get this straight now.

The proof you guys have that the 35 character roster is correct is that it fits nicely of the character select screen? That's it?? If that IS is that's a bunch of crap. As seen with melee, the devs can do anything they want with that screen. Roster fits nicely = full true roster? I don't think so.

spindash

Smash Ace
I don't think someone would have a ****in hard work to produce a fake brawl disc and take pictures of it, to photoshop a perfect SS of the starting roster, to create a perfect-possible roster that agree with famous prophets of other country, and everything else, just for including ROB in his leak.

Think about it.
You'd be surprised.

HuskytheGeek

Smash Journeyman
I've finally had enough of this bullshi.t. I can't believe I stayed up this late just to watch a bunch of fanatics argue. Goodnight to all.

SiD

Smash Master
Wait though, didn't I hear that the roster was leaked or confirmed by NyaNyase? Because she said months ago that an animal crossing character would be in....

Bowling Pin

Smash Rookie
...who here can read Japanese?

http://game13.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/famicom/1200996887/
This is the latest Brawl thread on 2ch. Scroll down to the 234th post.

234 :なまえをいれてください:2008/01/22(火) 20:00:42 ID:V+Y3s83c
初期キャラ
歴戦:MA、KO、PE、YO、DK、LI、ZE(SE)、KIR、PIKA、FOX、SAM、ICE  12
新規:WA、META、DDD、PIT、(ZERO)、IKE、POKE、DY、LUCA、ORI  8

隠しキャラ
歴戦:LUI(?)、PU(?)、NE(?) Now3?
新規:SN、SO、LCRO(?) Now3?               Total26(Now)

あとは歴戦1、新規3くらいが丁度いいかな?
From the way this looks, it's as if it's the 2ch leaker describing his current roster with a few unlocked characters.

...uh, does this mean Zero Suit Samus have her own block now? If that's the case, wouldn't it throw the 35 roster into question?

Either that, or these are tiers. lol.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
wait wait wait WAAIIITTTT.

.....let me get this straight now.

The proof you guys have that the 35 character roster is correct is that it fits nicely of the character select screen? That's it?? If that IS is that's a bunch of crap. As seen with melee, the devs can do anything they want with that screen. Roster fits nicely = full true roster? I don't think so.
the point is, if the 2chan picture proves right, when you correlate it with the 35 character picture, there's no flaws. the probability of it being perfect is somewhere between 10-15% chance.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER

Think about it.
I've seen more effort placed on things made specifically to cause debate by not telling everyone beforehand that it was a fake.

Think about it.

miller483

Smash Ace

While I believe that this is the starting roster, I think that the actual game footage is fake. Someone on GameFAQS just pointed out that there are no question marks for secret characters. Now I'm starting to get skeptical...

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
the point is, if the 2chan picture proves right, when you correlate it with the 35 character picture, there's no flaws. the probability of it being perfect is somewhere between 10-15% chance.
you've ignored me twice now, so i'll ask one more time:

Who made the mock-up!?

IT IS NOT IN THE SAME ORDER AS THE 1ST LEAK, STOP SAYING IT IS!

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
why aren't there more pics yet? Why is the pic of the game disc cropped, quite conveniently, to not show the instruction booklet next to it? Why is the only screenshot pic one that could easily be photoshopped?

these leaks are so conveniently believable...and that's just what they want you to believe.

It also seems like someone read the script of the melee roster leak, and is copying it verbatim.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I posted this roster weeks ago, most of it well over a month ago. R.O.B. is most likely referring to the NES peripheal R.O.B., you know the one that was playable in Mario Kart DS. The ROB from Star Fox is called ROB 64, there is a 64 at the end of his name. He is also called NUS in Japan. Lastly, although I hate her, do you actually think ROB 64 would get in over Krystal.

Card

Smash Lord
I mean, I see where Card is coming from...but Card you are assuming this is a "faker" trying to scheme how to make this seem real. If you look at it from the "real" perspective, perhaps the first 6 characters just happen to be ones that are in the demo, and therefore don't move around when we discover the hidden characters.
That's exactly my point...

If everything can move around except the first 6 characters, what makes this guys list so correct? All he did after all was put all the franchises in order vertically (based off the fixed "6"), keep "retro" franchises together, 3rd parties together.

As long as he knows that the first 6 cannot move, he can make the roster however he likes based off of previous Demos, and then plug in anything he wants anywhere he wants because he can slide anything anywhere.

Maben

Smash Journeyman
why aren't there more pics yet? Why is the pic of the game disc cropped, quite conveniently, to not show the instruction booklet next to it? Why is the only screenshot pic one that could easily be photoshopped?

these leaks are so conveniently believable...and that's just what they want you to believe.

It also seems like someone read the script of the melee roster leak, and is copying it verbatim.
Curious indeed...strange that someone also would skip taking pictures of any other screens (many of which could be taken very quickly) and skip right to taking a picture of the roster screen when you go to play Classic mode.

Siegfried

Smash Cadet
...who here can read Japanese?

http://game13.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/famicom/1200996887/
This is the latest Brawl thread on 2ch. Scroll down to the 234th post.

From the way this looks, it's as if it's the 2ch leaker describing his current roster with a few unlocked characters.

...uh, does this mean Zero Suit Samus have her own block now? If that's the case, wouldn't it throw the 35 roster into question?

Either that, or these are tiers. lol.
Its just a prediction.

あとは歴戦1、新規3くらいが丁度いいかな?
Translation

So another veteran and about three more newcomers would be just about right wouldn't it?

Top Bottom