• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Thanks Shorefuse. U are the best! Wow now I can take a look at the Krystal sticker everyone's talking about.

YSM

Smash Apprentice
In reference to my previous trophy comment, I'm not saying it COMPLETELY rules them out because they appeared as a trophy or a sticker. That being said, "Mario and Sonic are trophies too!1!1!" is NOT a valid argument. I realize that playable characters will have their own trophies, what I'm saying is that it's very unlikely for Sakurai to show the trophies before showing the characters themselves. You didn't see any Sonic trophies appearing before he was confirmed, did you?

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
Wind waker link and tom nook SEEMS deconfirmed... but you can remember the All-stars trophies, these were diferent like the normal throphies.

Something i have just noticed from the videos.

Now when you play 2players, your % counters are just in the middle, not at the bottom left corner.

I think that's great (i get a little lost when i have to see THERE, and not in the middle)

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
I think that showing "WW" Link does harm the chances. Raccoon Mario, Vaccum Luigi and Fighter/Ball Kirby weren't exactly playable in Melee.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It wasn't even Wind Waker Link. It was Wind Waker Link in his island clothing, NOT HIS ACTUAL OUTFIT! EXPLAIN WHY HE WASN'T IN HIS ACTUAL OUTFIT! See, there ya go. Samus had her Fusion Suit as a trophy, so this seems suspicious. XD

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Actually, I think this does more to CONFIRM WW Link as playable, since it proves the style can work in Brawl (since people seem to say that you need a complete cel-shaded engine to have a cel-shaded character). Also, WW Link is OBVIOUSLY in his island clothing. Like Raccoon Mario & Fire/Ball/Fighter Kirby were in Melee, characters CAN have alt. costumes as trophies.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
For those curious, the "rocking out Assist" is Barbara Bat from Daigassou! Band Brothers DS!

I slowed it down and zoomed in. This is awesome because I wanted her playable but this is the next best thing. Horribly massive bat boobs for Brawl! XD

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace

Devastlian

Smash Lord
The name of the move says "Sheik Change." Wasn't it just called "Transform" in Melee?

Also, don't say it's fake since it looks "exactly the same," since this Sheik now has bandages around his/her/its/potatoes thighs.
I remember people mentioning during the whole "Twilight Change" thing that the Japanese name for it was "Sheik Change".

What does it say here?:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/1106/index.html

Actually, from comparing the characters, I can tell it says "Sheik [something]"...so yeah.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
I like it how Brawlcentral didn't even credit ShortFuse, and instead are like "We found the videos".

>_>

amost

Smash Apprentice
From some of those 2chan posts, it seems that if you have melee save data, the game gives you a trophy, stickers, music and a golden hammer for breaking those challenge blocks

AnusNinja

Smash Cadet
653: to keep its long-please: 2008/01/16 (water) 15:18:08 ID: kXywzDVK
For USA For USA
465 :なまえをいれてください :2008/01/16(水) 12:54:40 ID:4wsu9+qR 465: to keep its long-please: 2008/01/16 (water) 12:54:40 ID: + 4wsu9 qR
・特定の一部のフィギュアは手に入れるとアシストフィギュアやMBで出現するようになる。 Some specific figures are figures and get MB and assist in the emergence become.
・亜空のボス、魔封じの者。 Boss nitrous empty, sealed the Magic. ファイアーエムブレムからの登場。 Fire coming from. 本人は一切戦わず、敵の召喚だけを行う不気味な存在。戦わずhe is not the only enemy of conduct summons eerie presence.
・亜空の使者を一通りクリアするとボスと戦えるボスアタックモードが出現する。 As a messenger of nitrous sky cleared Boss and Boss Attack and the emergence of a fight.
・亜空の使者はすべてのキャラですべてのストーリーを見るには240時間以上は必要になるボリューム。 All empty nitrous emissary character in the story all the time to see more than is required to provide 240 volumes.
・亜空の使者の敵勢力、亜空軍はフィギュアに対する憎しみによって生み出された影虫に操られている。 Empty nitrous emissary of the enemy forces, the Air Force nitrous figures produced by the shadow of hate being manipulated insect.
・クッパ、デデデ、ワリオらは影虫によって亜空軍の手駒として操られて悪事をしている。 Bowser, DEDEDE, Wario said手駒shadow of the Air Force as a sub-worm manipulated by the evil.
・DXのセーブデータがあればちょっとだけおトクな特典、記念フィギュアとシール、音楽、ゴールデンハンマープレゼント。 DX save the data if Tock Just privilege, and the figure commemorative seal, music, GORUDENHANMAPUREZENTO.
・更に特定のゲームのセーブデータがあれば音楽やフィギュアが追加されることも。 More specific data if you save the game and music can also be added to that figure. マリオギャラクシーの曲などがある。 MARIOGYARAKUSHI and songs.
・ゼルダの下必殺技はシークチェンジ。 Zelda killer technique is under Seek change. トワプリスタッフによるこのゲームだけの特別仕様シークとなっている。 The game TOWAPURISUTAFFU only by special Seek said.

From the 2chan thread. Some of this is obviously confusing. >_>

The original text:

653 :なまえをいれてください:2008/01/16(水) 15:18:08 ID:kXywzDVK
For USA
465 :なまえをいれてください :2008/01/16(水) 12:54:40 ID:4wsu9+qR
・特定の一部のフィギュアは手に入れるとアシストフィギュアやMBで出現するようになる。
・亜空のボス、魔封じの者。ファイアーエムブレムからの登場。本人は一切戦わず、敵の召喚だけを行う不気味な存在。
・亜空の使者を一通りクリアするとボスと戦えるボスアタックモードが出現する。
・亜空の使者はすべてのキャラですべてのストーリーを見るには240時間以上は必要になるボリューム。
・亜空の使者の敵勢力、亜空軍はフィギュアに対する憎しみによって生み出された影虫に操られている。
・クッパ、デデデ、ワリオらは影虫によって亜空軍の手駒として操られて悪事をしている。
・DXのセーブデータがあればちょっとだけおトクな特典、記念フィギュアとシール、音楽、ゴールデンハンマープレゼント。
・更に特定のゲームのセーブデータがあれば音楽やフィギュアが追加されることも。マリオギャラクシーの曲などがある。
・ゼルダの下必殺技はシークチェンジ。トワプリスタッフによるこのゲームだけの特別仕様シークとなっている。

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I know it's legit. I talked about the Famitsu Booklet this morning. I didn't think they'd get it so soon.

Top Bottom