• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

Sapere Aude!

Smash Rookie
That was some interesting stuff from ITP, thanks for that. I'm glad to see that it's more equal between characters, instead of tiers and whatnot.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
YESS!!! My main is "TOO POWERFUL!" How sweet is that?
Not so sweet when you consider that nailing someone with his "TOO POWERFUL," fully charged Eruption will be a rare occurrence. Like nailing someone with a charged Roy-B or Gannondorf tilt-up in Melee.

kad15

Smash Cadet
I have a question about the PT. What if Ivysaur is badly hurt, like with 112 damage? Can he transform into Charizard and gain full health back? Or do they all share the same damage meter?
no cause that would be too cheap

Maricalistaro

Smash Journeyman
Not so sweet when you consider that nailing someone with his "TOO POWERFUL," fully charged Eruption will be a rare occurrence. Like nailing someone with a charged Roy-B or Gannondorf tilt-up in Melee.
There was nobody that was "TOO POWERFULL" in regards to his/her speed in melee.

WeeklyJumpman

Smash Journeyman

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Awesome info. I can't wait to try out Pokémon Trainer. I am so glad Charizard is strong. Even if Ivysaur seems to fit my Play style more. I will be using all of them..so it doesn't matter.
Anyone figure out what Shaymin does? Does it use Seed Flare/ Or another Attack or does it just drop a CD? I know a way to find out if this is the final version.. Did anyone see any CDs? Those would only be in the final version, or I would imagine so. I like this roster. Seems good for a starting roster. Also would mean that Lucas, Snake, Sonic, Olimar, Zelda and Ice Climbers would be secret characters. Which also means that they have been revealing secret characters on the Dojo, which means they will reveal more.

Anyway..awesome job gathering all this info. I am now off to find out some more..

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
Man, why do people ask stupid questions like this?
Why do you have to be stupid and ask questions like that? Hm??

At least mine was a valid one. PT has not been playable until VERY RECENTLY. I was curious, and wanted to know. So, quit being such a jerk.

eugoogalizer

Smash Rookie
Why do you have to be stupid and ask questions like that? Hm??

At least mine was a valid one. PT has not been playable until VERY RECENTLY. I was curious, and wanted to know. So, quit being such a jerk.
Perhaps because that bit of info was released the day of the announcement of PT.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Well, it seems like there's nothing really new in the last few hours. We probably sholdn't expect anything new from the other Whobby events either.

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
Perhaps because that bit of info was released the day of the announcement of PT.
Yeah, sorry, forgot okay? Sometimes people forget things, that was one of those times. I am sorry, I didn't realize I had forgotten til after I had asked the question. Sorry.

Uchiharakiri

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, sorry, forgot okay? Sometimes people forget things, that was one of those times. I am sorry, I didn't realize I had forgotten til after I had asked the question. Sorry.
I don't know dude it seems that even with that information "forgotten" you'd think one would know that being able to switch Ivysaur to Charizard when the percentage gets too high, and then back to Ivysaur with 0 percent again would be a little game breaking wouldn't it? I mean that's just common sense dude, kind of like knowing the sun is hot, that's just obvious.

Kimosabae

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't taking a shot. Just saying, you don't ask if touching fire will burn you, because clearly it will.

That analogy doesn't work, because only those experienced with the concept of fire will know it burns. You didn't climb out of the womb knowing fire was a danger to you, you had to be educated.

So yeah, that doesn't further your argument any.

-SynikaL

Areyigo

Smash Cadet
So......were are the videos of matches with Pokemon trainer, King DeDeDe and the new stages?

Sputnikk8156

Smash Journeyman
Awesome info. I can't wait to try out Pokémon Trainer. I am so glad Charizard is strong. Even if Ivysaur seems to fit my Play style more. I will be using all of them..so it doesn't matter.
Anyone figure out what Shaymin does? Does it use Seed Flare/ Or another Attack or does it just drop a CD? I know a way to find out if this is the final version.. Did anyone see any CDs? Those would only be in the final version, or I would imagine so. I like this roster. Seems good for a starting roster. Also would mean that Lucas, Snake, Sonic, Olimar, Zelda and Ice Climbers would be secret characters. Which also means that they have been revealing secret characters on the Dojo, which means they will reveal more.

Anyway..awesome job gathering all this info. I am now off to find out some more..
its not the final version...or else they'd be unlocking secret characters from all the versus. matches.

Uchiharakiri

Smash Journeyman
That analogy doesn't work, because only those experienced with the concept of fire will know it burns. You didn't climb out of the womb knowing fire was a danger to you, you had to be educated.

So yeah, that doesn't further your argument any.

-SynikaL
There is a more than likely high probability that the person we are talking about here as of today exactly is not entirely completely and utterly new and foreign to the concept of Smash Brothers. Thusly we must be confident in assuming that the person has indeed played Smash Brothers Melee and or Super Smash Brothers 64 in the past and is aware of the damage system used in these said games. It is with this knowledge that we can safely assume that within my analogy, the person has not "just climbed out of the womb" and indeed knows what "fire" is.

So yeah, it -did- further my argument.

P.S.

Here's your sign.

Soft3x

Smash Apprentice
I'm confused:
"Charazird has multiple jumps, I didn't count them. his Up B is monsterous, he flies straight up and burns anything that touches him while doing so, I didn't try his Forward B, but his neutral B is like Bowsers."

Wasn't Charizards Up B some kind of Claw Slash?

Areyigo

Smash Cadet
So......were are the videos of matches with Pokemon trainer, King DeDeDe and the new stages?

MysticKenji

Smash Master
I'm confused:
"Charazird has multiple jumps, I didn't count them. his Up B is monsterous, he flies straight up and burns anything that touches him while doing so, I didn't try his Forward B, but his neutral B is like Bowsers."

Wasn't Charizards Up B some kind of Claw Slash?
No.
Char's ^B is Fly.

Nowhere.

Kimosabae

Smash Journeyman
There is a more than likely high probability that the person we are talking about here as of today exactly is not entirely completely and utterly new and foreign to the concept of Smash Brothers. Thusly we must be confident in assuming that the person has indeed played Smash Brothers Melee and or Super Smash Brothers 64 in the past and is aware of the damage system used in these said games. It is with this knowledge that we can safely assume that within my analogy, the person has not "just climbed out of the womb" and indeed knows what "fire" is.

So yeah, it -did- further my argument.

P.S.

Here's your sign.

Not looking to muddy up this thread with semiotics. Your reliance on probability has undeniably perforated the quality of your premise. Not to mention the fluctuating factor of intimate knowledge of the subject (Brawl). If it furthers the argument in your own eyes, so be it.

-SynikaL

Areyigo

Smash Cadet
Nowhere??? WTF? I was waiting some videos. If there are no videos that means I have to wait until 25 (a day later) to see new gameplay videos

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
A lot of those claims of being too pwerful came after they were discussing Ike's ability to KO Kirby and MK at 35%. I'm not sure, but perhaps they were just talking about that move. (Charged Side Special)
Actually I think they just meant Ike's strength in general considering the "other characters kill at 150-200%, Ike kills at 75-100%" statement made.

Top Bottom