• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

FireCrack

Smash Journeyman
This so called "Prophet" is a Heretic that must be cleansed in the fires of his holy inquisition!

Seriously though, this evidence is so tenuous i'm suprised anyone believes it...

GnooroopoftheGerudo

Smash Rookie
Wow, I stray away from the Smash Boards for just a while because of the immense bandwidth issues, and I come back to a bunch of people totally going crazy over an incredibly easy to fake roster, claiming it to be 100% Real and telling everyone who denies it that they are insane?

Seriously? What the heck is going on here?

ShortFuse especially from you, I seriously didn't expect you to give in to a "prophets" propaganda that he spewed out. Please re-word the OP, because you are seriously going to give tons of people the wrong impression when in reality NOTHING is confirmed, and you are all just choosing to believe in since it would be nice to have something to believe in nowadays.

Have you guys not noticed HOW MANY Icons you shifted around in order to make this guys prophecy seem logical?

You know what everyones problem is? You need to think about this from a LIARS perspective point of view. Now, picture yourself in his shoes. What information do you have available to you;

First; You have this from Whobby http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/8730/characterselectscreenny0.jpg

This is how he started his lie. He had a positioning of the characters.
It goes;
Mario, DK, Link, Samus, Kirby, Fox.

Then he took his fake list which he concocted, and created a character select screen that would abide by the "Series Icons stay together" rule. He noticed how Diddy Kong was below DK, and he just went with that. Starting from the Left he moved Peach, added Luigi, and moved Bowser. Then with Link he did the same, and so forth. Where am I going to put Captain Falcon? Oh I know... I'll put him beside the other Captain. We've got Fox, Falco, and Wolf, but who am I gonna put below them? Oh I know, I'll put another Star Fox Rep and put R.O.B, that way it follows nicely with the 4-series of Zelda, Mario, and Pokemon.

Then when I post my List, I'll write it all down in Row Format, so NOBODY notices that they are actually all aligned properly.

They'll all buy into it! I'm sure of it!

and here you all are... You've bought into this, so easily. Quite frankly its disgusting. I cannot wait to see your faces when you've been proven wrong.

I'll say this once, I especially want ShortFuse to read this, IT IS NOT A COINCIDENCE. It is extremely easy to create his list exactly how I mentioned above.
I...

love you...

::weeps::

CapnJack

Smash Cadet
This is a sad day for Brawl.....I, along with thousands of other people, am extremely pissed at that roster and have lost all faith in Nintendo.

Oh well, looks like I save 50 bucks after all....I sure as hell won't be giving them my money
You're an idiot. Not because you're already assuming this game is not going to be worth your money (it will be), but because you believe this roster so easily.

Wow, I stray away from the Smash Boards for just a while because of the immense bandwidth issues, and I come back to a bunch of people totally going crazy over an incredibly easy to fake roster, claiming it to be 100% Real and telling everyone who denies it that they are insane?

ShortFuse especially from you, I seriously didn't expect you to give in to a "prophets" propaganda that he spewed out. Please re-word the OP, because you are seriously going to give tons of people the wrong impression when in reality NOTHING is confirmed, and you are all just choosing to believe in since it would be nice to have something to believe in nowadays.

Have you guys not noticed HOW MANY Icons you shifted around in order to make this guys prophecy seem logical?

You know what everyones problem is? You need to think about this from a LIARS perspective point of view. Now, picture yourself in his shoes. What information do you have available to you;

First; You have this from Whobby http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/8730/characterselectscreenny0.jpg

It goes;

Then he took his fake list which he concocted, and created a character select screen that would abide by the "Series Icons stay together" rule. He noticed how Diddy Kong was below DK, and he just went with that. Starting from the Left he moved Peach, added Luigi, and moved Bowser. Then with Link he did the same, and so forth. Where am I going to put Captain Falcon? Oh I know... I'll put him beside the other Captain. We've got Fox, Falco, and Wolf, but who am I gonna put below them? Oh I know, I'll put another Star Fox Rep and put R.O.B, that way it follows nicely with the 4-series of Zelda, Mario, and Pokemon.

Then when I post my List, I'll write it all down in Row Format, so NOBODY notices that they are actually all aligned properly.

and here you all are... You've bought into this, so easily. Quite frankly its disgusting. I cannot wait to see your faces when you've been proven wrong.

I'll say this once, I especially want ShortFuse to read this, IT IS NOT A COINCIDENCE. It is extremely easy to create his list exactly how I mentioned above.
QFMFT

If only the rest of you were this reasonable.

As for the "starting roster", someone could have easily photoshopped that picture, connected their TV to a laptop and taken a picture.

Any list with ROB on it is not credible. Period.

kamekasu

Smash Ace

It goes;

Hmm... Very well put. I can buy that.
Hehe, I'm still forcing myself to believe the "leaked" final roster is true though.
I'm not going to set myself up for a big disappointment.
Well, we'll find out the truth a few hours anyways, if we're lucky.

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
As real as that character select screen looks, doesn't ANYONE find it interesting that the supposed guy with the game has yet to post a single new screenshot that would prove him right in FOUR HOURS?!

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
I totally agree with Card and even made a similar post as he posted his...

The only thing I said though was that it would be so easy to make that final roster mock-up... all the characters are in logical order so it makes sense it would match the starting roster... which it doesn't even do totally...

Who wouldn't put Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser in that order?
Or Kirby, Meta, DeDeDe?

I'm beginning to lean away from my neutral position on this final roster...

Fawriel

Smash Master
You realise how stereotypical and misinformed you are here, right? Starfox is an anthropomorphic design game. A very good example of how anthropomorphism can be used effectively as a character design tool. "Furries" are a subculture of the larger anthropomorphic fandom and known for giving the rest of this otherwise interesting art form a very bad name. So Sakurai choosing to add more Starfox reps automatically classes him in with these people who soil the reputation of the rest of the fandom by flaunting their fetish-based subcommunity, making it difficult for the undeserving anthro, furitan and kemono communities to avoid persecution by those who judge based on what they don't know? huh!
Ahahahaha. Sir, I AM a furry. Not the perverted sort, but I am one.
All I wanted to say that Sakurai would have to be completely stupid to go with that roster. I'm sorry if this offends you, but it's dumb, it's stupid, asinine, lousy, abominable and a variety of other terms. IF there are going to be 3 Starfox reps, the third one would have to be Krystal, because Wolf IS unoriginal, and any moveset he would have would have just as much basis in reality as a moveset based on flamenco-style dancing.

Bah, this is depressing me, and I should be studying for an important exam... if you want to continue this argument, please PM me. I think I'll stay away from this thread, or maybe the whole message board, until we have clarification on this issue.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
@blayde_axel

Oh, i don't fully believe it, i don't whant to, however... you know... prepare for the worst and brace for impact 'n all that.
Oh, no, I didn't mean you. I meant this entire thread. lol.

I wouldn't mind this roster. I'm just miffed that people will actually believe something with hardly any "concrete evidence." OMG COINCIDENCE! Please.

I'll just wait a few days, thanks.

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
**** So Answer How Do You Explain The ****ing Brawl Disc?

/edit: label marker? so the guy even had it and produced a fake brawl disc? okay guys i'll not say anything more, you could debunk humanity's existence if that was a proof for the roster

Card

Smash Lord
He would have to put Zelda, Olimar and Ness in the perfectly exact positions. If they go in the wrong position it messes up the credibility completely. How did he know Zelda was going to be right there, instead of any of other 29 positions? Also, you would ahve to stick to 35 characters. On top of that you have to include Lucario, Ness and Jigglypuff, and on top of that you have to the characters that Nyasenya confirmed were in (Falco).
He put Zelda BELOW Link, IN THE MOST OBVIOUS POSITION TO PUT HER.
Ness is above Lucas
Olimar is Below the 3-Rep'd Franchise, since Olimar is for sure a 1-Rep'd Franchise.

I also want you to notice Shortfuse, Every single Icon except the 6 Shown at Whobby have been MOVED in his Roster! EVERY SINGLE ONE.

Why is it so hard for him to stick to 35 characters? He is bluffing the roster anyways. Heck even I made a Roster of 35 characters.

Please ShortFuse, wake up and smell the flaming liar that he is.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I don't really think that's the roster.

To the people saying they're not buying Brawl now: Shut up. I bet you're the same morons who were saying "I'm not buying Brawl is wavedashing isn't it." You're just trying to have an over dramatic hissy fit because something isn't to your exact specifications.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Ness is above Lucas
Olimar is Below the 3-Rep'd Franchise, since Olimar is for sure a 1-Rep'd Franchise.

I also want you to notice Shortfuse, Every single Icon except the 6 Shown at Whobby have been MOVED in his Roster! EVERY SINGLE ONE.

Why is it so hard for him to stick to 35 characters? He is bluffing the roster anyways. Heck even I made a Roster of 35 characters.

Yep.

BTW, Shuma, love your avatar. How in the world did you change the same time I did? lol.

Croco

Smash Lord
No. Nintendo's biggest franchises are:

1. Mario: 200 million units sold
2. Pokémon: 160 million units sold
3. the Legend of Zelda: 53 million units sold.
4. Donkey Kong: 45 million units sold
5. Game and Watch: 45 million units sold
6. Kirby: 30 million units sold
7. Wii series: 15 million units sold.
8. Nintendogs: 15 million units sold.
9. Metroid: 13 million units sold.
10. Animal Crossing: 8 million units sold.

Fire Emblem even outsells Star Fox. EarthBound/MOTHER could possibly outsell Star Fox, even! XD Star Fox hasn't even sold 5 million units yet. >_< If that doesn't spell "fraud", I don't know what does.

Viable characters for smash, WTF? ANY AND ALL CHARACTERS THAT ORIGINATE IN VIDEO GAMES ARE VIABLE FOR SMASH! It's smash bros! Ridley unbalanced? Try that with Charizard. Meta Knight. Pit. the Pokémon Trainer. CAPTAIN OLIMAR! That's unbalanced. Seriously though, this is fake, and I know it!

Sakurai asks people if they want to play as Krystal, mentions he like Krystal, and emphazises female characters more then villians. Krystal is the only logcial choice. FAce it-Krystal alone PWNS this theory, not to mention Ridley. I PREDICTED DRAGOON! I predicted Lucario. I once predicted Ness (I didn't after a week after "up until now." :laugh:). I predicted Jiggs. I'm no prophet, but all evidence I have points at this as a fake.

Don't expect 60 characters, don't expect 35. This is Brawl, not Melee 2.0. I leave you all with that. C'ya when I'm right! :chuckle: :lick: :p
I pray you are.
Even if I dont want Ridley AT ALL or Krystal that badly.. I would accept them before this "35 characters" BS.

dr_awesome

Smash Apprentice
Awww u are all blind!!
then please elaborate. What is it that we're missing? Even if the 2chan leak is the real deal it doesn't say anything about 35 character leak. If we are to truly believe that we are blind prove to us what we're not seeing otherwise you're just using common falacy as a basis of argument. On that topic this entire thread is based on inductive reasoning and falacy. I keep hearing that we're somehow missing the point but you've yet to care to elaborate on what we're fu**ing missing. Card has elaborated a fully supportable argument and yet we're all blind. Pot, Kettle, Black. Cheers.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Actually Blayde i changed it before you did, you stol my idea, but then again, great minds think alike.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
If this flame war continues this thread should be locked...its getting pathetic in here.
It's called debating not flaming. So far, I don't belive the final rouster but belive the begining one though. But it's hard to say it's the real thing due to the game being out next week.

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
A holographic one, dudes?

There are thousands of proofs that he's right, and everything you got was "well but it COULD be faked...". Well, nowadays even Earth could be faked by a photoshopper, so what, Earth don't exist?

kamekasu

Smash Ace
Ness is above Lucas

Again, well put. I didn't even notice how many had been shifted until you pointed them out.

MAST3R

Smash Apprentice
Ok im about to prove that the full roster is a fake:
Check out this image:

Now dose that pose look similar to the luigi pose in the roster?

I notice he has his other hand sticking out like mario's all you need to do is Photoshop mario's arm from this render:

color it green flip it around stick it on the luigi render an there you have it!
FAKE

Same with the disc:
This would actually be real easy to fake..
1. get a blank CD
2. Make a convincing CD lable on your comp.
3. Print it out
4. Stick it on your blank CD
5. Put it in a wii box
6. Take pics
7. Upload to internet

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
The starting roster is totally believable... what do we gain from knowing it...?

NOTHING....

That's why I choose to believe it (plus the zelda/sheik thing is really cool and creative)

The final roster pic should really be taken off the first post... as it is just silly speculation... and this is the japanese CONFIRMATION thread...

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Actually Blayde i changed it before you did, you stol my idea, but then again, great minds think alike.
Ok... I'll give you that one... lol.

But anyway... maybe you shouldn't exactly "enforce" your idea on the first page, dude (ShortFuse.) Nearly every speculation these days have been driven to the ground. And this is most likely going to follow.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
Check out this image:

Now dose that pose look similar to the luigi pose in the roster?

I notice he has his other hand sticking out like mario's all you need to do is Photoshop mario's arm from this render:

color it green flip it around stick it on the luigi render an there you have it!
FAKE

Same with the disc:
This would actually be real easy to fake..
1. get a blank CD
2. Make a convincing CD lable on your comp.
3. Print it out
4. Stick it on your blank CD
5. Put it in a wii box
6. Take pics
7. Upload to internet

OMFG stop posting things like this people!

WE KNOW THIS ROSTER SCREEN IS FAKE! IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE REAL!
IT'S A SCREEN SHOWING HOW ONE OF THE LEAKED ROSTERS MIGHT HAVE LOOKED...

sorry you went through all that trouble to disprove this picture...

Arteen

Smash Lord
Check out this image: <snip>
That's a mockup someone made. Nobody is claim that that specific image is real. It's a mockup of the supposed order of all the characters once they're fully unlocked.

Maben

Smash Journeyman
MAST3R you are dumb, the roster is a MOCK-UP. It is a screenshot to represent the placement of the characters, it is most obviously not what the finished character screen will look like, most of those icons are obviously not the right ones for the game. The icons are intentionally fake, being used only as placeholders.

Edit: Looks like page 264 just owned you man.

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
... LOL rofl ahhahahahah!

Okay, so we should solve this the way every honored man would do it!

LETS MAKE A DEAL!

Seriously if I just lived in USA i would be making SO MUCH money dealing with you scepticals... ohhhhhhhhhh the horror!

BoAKaN

Smash Apprentice
That fake roster image was made before the fake roster was posted up. The supposed roster leak of 35 was based off this image.

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
A holographic one, dudes?

There are thousands of proofs that he's right, and everything you got was "well but it COULD be faked...". Well, nowadays even Earth could be faked by a photoshopper, so what, Earth don't exist?
If the guy loaded up a unique screen shot with nothing to base it on, its that simple. For example Lucas's victory pose. Its never been revealed, but it could be easily shown considering the guy has a copy of the game and Lucas is a starting character. And thats just one example. But the guy cant do it because he has nothing to base it off, nothing to manipulate.

Unless he gives us more, Ill never believe it.

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
As real as that character select screen looks, doesn't ANYONE find it interesting that the supposed guy with the game has yet to post a single new screenshot that would prove him right in FOUR HOURS?!
Quoted so people would see it again.

Edit: and lol at MAST3R

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
dude even my computer can print labels onto CDs
Examine the disc again. Look at the smashbros logo. To do that you would have to CUT out each of the letters perfectly because inside of the letters the actual CD is showing. (look at the edge of the cd for an example of what im talking about)

Which is pretty much impossible seeing as the size of the japanese letters are ridiculously small. Even an exacto knife would have a hard time replicating that precision.

The you have to explain the multicolored wii logo, which looks like its one of those pokemon hologram type logos. (just think about the data side of a cd and thats kinda what you have in between the wii logo)

If you are so certain its a fake, replicate it yourself. You said you have a CD labeler so go ahead and show us.

Im not saying its real but its a very elaborate hoax if its not. That could not be made by an EVERYDAY CD labeler.

Top Bottom