• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
*Warning Metriod Prime 2/3 Spoilers*

Dark Samus can't be in because smash takes place after the events of super metroid (kinda obvious from adventure mode in melee) so Dark Samus is dead.

dr_awesome

Smash Apprentice
**** you. All I'm saying (Yelling. Whatever) is that this roster seems too ******** to be the real thing, and you all are idiots who believe it. Do you know how much I will laugh when a character not on that list is revealed on the DOJO tomorrow?
agreed. Let's stop the flame wars guys this is a really silly thingfor people to be insulting others about.

BoAKaN

Smash Apprentice
StarFox is one of Nintendo's four major franchises. Starfox has many more characters (that are viable for Smash Bros.) than Metroid does. Ridley would have been great! But there is a chance the developers felt it was too difficult to rescale him, and still have him as a usable, balanced character. Dark Samus? I think that it would be too much of a clone.

Why Wolf over Krystal? Simple. Wolf has been in every Star Fox game save the first one. Krystal has been in Star Fox Assault, and Star Fox Adventures, two of the LEAST successful games in the franchise. Wolf is simply more recognized, and more popular with the general population.

I'm not jumping on any bandwagon, I'm just preparing myself, and trying to convince others to prepare themselves, for the worst. Do you really want to believe there will be a 60 character roster, only to be immensely disappointed by what we have now?
How in the world will Falco,Wolf and R.O.B not be clones of Fox...How? Seems unreal.

Nasir

Smash Apprentice
If that is ROB from Star Fox does even the icon theory work? I mean wasn't there supposed to be two new franchises left, one of them was Game and Watch, but the other one should still be unknown to us, or am I missing something?

shogun

Smash Journeyman
Who even said it has to be a perfect shape, there's many games where the boxes are irregular shaped, who knows if there will be some super character at the top with a box over laying like there is in some fighting games.

Who said it has to be a perfect rectangle?

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528

Dark Samus can't be in because smash takes place after the events of super metroid (kinda obvious from adventure mode in melee) so Dark Samus is dead.
Smash is not canonical. Thinking so is hilarious.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I'm realizing that the GoateBoate list and the 35 character mock up are lists from two different people with the same characters. Goateboate's order was kinda off but the same characters.

i think.

Crispy Fries

Smash Cadet
Some people have said Ness wasn't on the original list and was added after his confirmation. Don't know if that's true or not, just putting it out there >_>

1ofMany_ppl

Smash Apprentice
People dont believe this because they dont want to... it is pretty pathetic that so many immatue gamers refuse to believe a logical roster such as this one which allready has been proven in so many way.... while they believe the final roster will have 45-50 characters ALL of them being ones they wanted in

seriously kids get ready to be upset and all of you SCREAMING fake right now better get ready to create a new account because you will be way too embarassed to come back here when you find out that the 35 roster is the real deal.

I am with you on this one short fuse THIS IS the final roster

I am VERY happy with it... I love Wolf... he is one of my favorite nintendo villians.
Umm... Out of the 2 pictures am I the only one to notice Olimar looks different in the second pic ( one w/ 35 characters) than the first?......Also Dedede's is different aswell.....

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
If they give wolf a beam stick i'll be happy. I have no idea where R.O.B. came from but i won't take my chances and get my hopes up...

thetoastinator

Smash Apprentice
So......there are more Star Fox characters, a series that is pratically dead, and only one Metroid rep which has been getting quite popular since the release of Melee?

WTF!!!!

blayde_axel

Smash Master
If that is ROB from Star Fox does even the icon theory work? I mean wasn't there supposed to be two new franchises left, one of them was Game and Watch, but the other one should still be unknown to us, or am I missing something?
Hmm... why didn't I think of that...

Sorry if this double-posted.

kamekasu

Smash Ace
Well the screenshot did have points on the bottom in it so maybe Olimar was an unlockable? =P
I didn't see any points...

so if that roster is true theres only 2 3rd party chacaters not 3? unless r.o.b is third party? but ya that roster does suck only because theres no geno but meh, whatever
The ROB they are referring to is ROB64 (known as NUS in Japan), a robot pilot on the Star Fox team NAMED AFTER the ROB from NES.

The roster sucks. I agree.

Well, we could assume Ganon is dead after Twilight Princess, or after the last game in the other half of the time split. And Young Link technically isn't ALIVE... I dunno. Still, Dark Samus wasn't a likely choice to begin with. I mean, why not just have a dark color swap for normal Samus?

CapnJack

Smash Cadet
THIS SENTENCE HAS THIRTY-FIVE CHARACTERS.

Also, there's no way we're getting two new StarFox reps, no F-Zero, no Metroid, while replacing on FE characters. Yeah, right. In my opinion, the leak of the starting roster isn't trust-worthy in the first place (PHOTOSHOP CAN DO WONDERS).

Until I get a confirmation from Nintendo, I say that someone may have doctored the starting roster, and even if it is entirely real, the "35 character list" was thought of by a "leaker" after seeing the alleged starting roster.

CreamPuffDoom

Smash Apprentice
**** you. All I'm saying (Yelling. Whatever) is that this roster seems too ******** to be the real thing, and you all are idiots who believe it. Do you know how much I will laugh when a character not on that list is revealed on the DOJO tomorrow?
Yeah, but when it is the real roster and its revealed and so fourth, what would your reaction be then?

Not saying this is bogus or real. Healthy skepticism is okay. But you can't really deny someone has the game now. As for this roster, I am happy with it. Nothing is out there or shocks me, you know. At the same time though, I reckon 100+ hours will have me enjoying the game and these characters are most familiar to control (or sound like it). Even the fact the franchises line up is pretty neat.

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
Well the 35 character roster's big fail point is the fact that it only adds 1 female character to the series who isn't even playable w/o final smash (assumed). Didn't Sakurai's journal say he wanted to add more female characters? =O

Boofer

Smash Ace
So all this time I've believed Chaos Zero, Serebii's rumors and NyaseNya. I NEVER would have thought that their info revealed all but 1 of the newcomers. I can't believe I've known VERY close to the entire roster for almost a month now.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
The starting roster leak is totally believable...

But I'm still unsure of the final roster... yes it could very well be true... but it also couldn't at the same time...

The final roster mock up doesn't really prove anything... as most of the characters were moved around A LOT in order to make it work:

look at this...

characters were spaced apart with other reps thrown in... you can make any roster work when you throw in reps to disrupt the order of the starting roster...

I don't disbelieve this roster... I just don't believe it yet

this final roster mock-up just isnt evidence enough... any roster could be made to work this way...

Dry Bones

Smash Ace
should be interesting to see how this pans out. ive got a real problem with four starfox characters, but hey, this is brawl... they'll find a way to make them cool =)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
StarFox is one of Nintendo's four major franchises. Starfox has many more characters (that are viable for Smash Bros.) than Metroid does. Ridley would have been great! But there is a chance the developers felt it was too difficult to rescale him, and still have him as a usable, balanced character. Dark Samus? I think that it would be too much of a clone.

I'm not jumping on any bandwagon, I'm just preparing myself, and trying to convince others to prepare themselves, for the worst. Do you really want to believe there will be a 60 character roster, only to be immensely disappointed by what we have now?
No. Nintendo's biggest franchises are:

1. Mario: 200 million units sold
2. Pokémon: 160 million units sold
3. the Legend of Zelda: 53 million units sold.
4. Donkey Kong: 45 million units sold
5. Game and Watch: 45 million units sold
6. Kirby: 30 million units sold
7. Wii series: 15 million units sold.
8. Nintendogs: 15 million units sold.
9. Metroid: 13 million units sold.
10. Animal Crossing: 8 million units sold.

Fire Emblem even outsells Star Fox. EarthBound/MOTHER could possibly outsell Star Fox, even! XD Star Fox hasn't even sold 5 million units yet. >_< If that doesn't spell "fraud", I don't know what does.

Viable characters for smash, WTF? ANY AND ALL CHARACTERS THAT ORIGINATE IN VIDEO GAMES ARE VIABLE FOR SMASH! It's smash bros! Ridley unbalanced? Try that with Charizard. Meta Knight. Pit. the Pokémon Trainer. CAPTAIN OLIMAR! That's unbalanced. Seriously though, this is fake, and I know it!

Sakurai asks people if they want to play as Krystal, mentions he like Krystal, and emphazises female characters more then villians. Krystal is the only logcial choice. FAce it-Krystal alone PWNS this theory, not to mention Ridley. I PREDICTED DRAGOON! I predicted Lucario. I once predicted Ness (I didn't after a week after "up until now." :laugh:). I predicted Jiggs. I'm no prophet, but all evidence I have points at this as a fake.

Don't expect 60 characters, don't expect 35. This is Brawl, not Melee 2.0. I leave you all with that. C'ya when I'm right! :chuckle: :lick: :p

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Whatever guys, you don't have to believe it. We'll get 100% confirmation in 2-3 days. It's too alarming "coincidence" for me to pass up.

I updated the first post for a little more clarification.

kamekasu

Smash Ace
No. Nintendo's biggest franchises are:

1. Mario: 200 million units sold
2. Pokémon: 160 million units sold
3. the Legend of Zelda: 53 million units sold.
4. Donkey Kong: 45 million units sold
5. Game and Watch: 45 million units sold
6. Kirby: 30 million units sold
7. Wii series: 15 million units sold.
8. Nintendogs: 15 million units sold.
9. Metroid: 13 million units sold.
10. Animal Crossing: 8 million units sold.

Fire Emblem even outsells Star Fox. EarthBound/MOTHER could possibly outsell Star Fox, even! XD Star Fox hasn't even sold 5 million units yet. >_< If that doesn't spell "fraud", I don't know what does.

Viable characters for smash, WTF? ANY AND ALL CHARACTERS THAT ORIGINATE IN VIDEO GAMES ARE VIABLE FOR SMASH! It's smash bros! Ridley unbalanced? Try that with Charizard. Meta Knight. Pit. the Pokémon Trainer. CAPTAIN OLIMAR! That's unbalanced. Seriously though, this is fake, and I know it!

Sakurai asks people if they want to play as Krystal, mentions he like Krystal, and emphazises female characters more then villians. Krystal is the only logcial choice. FAce it-Krystal alone PWNS this theory, not to mention Ridley. I PREDICTED DRAGOON! I predicted Lucario. I once predicted Ness (I didn't after a week after "up until now." :laugh:). I predicted Jiggs. I'm no prophet, but all evidence I have points at this as a fake.

Don't expect 60 characters, don't expect 35. This is Brawl, not Melee 2.0. I leave you all with that. C'ya when I'm right! :chuckle: :lick: :p
Yes, in terms of units sold. I should have clarified. I mean Star Fox is one of Nintendo's four major CONSOLE franchises. The others being Zelda, Mario, and Metroid. Although I'm not sure that still holds true for this generation, it certainly WAS once true.

bastula

Smash Apprentice
NNID
secretanchitman
3DS FC
0130-1885-4238
Switch FC
SW-2373-3239-8999
wow!!! i hope that picture is the real deal!

why cant that guy take anymore pictures??????????

Hyper Luigi

Smash Ace

Star Fox isn't personally a favorite of mine however I'd be fine with 4 Star Fox reps in general but one of them had to be Krystal. Falco and Wolf are fine additions but not when Krystal doesn't make it.

IMO Mario doesn't need more than 4 (3 confirmed + Luigi) but Geno would be nice. Pokemon could get away with 5 but 4 is more fair to the rest of the franchises. Star Fox would be fine with 2 to 3 and Zelda doesn't need more than Link, Zelda and Ganondorf but WW Link is alright. DK could have K. Rool besides Diddy but Diddy joining was enough. If Mother gets two characters then Metroid definently should and F-Zero probably should... and Fire Emblem only needs Marth and Ike but Macaiah, Roy or Eliwood, Hector or Sigurd would be awesome.

Here's my biggest problems with this list of 35. The only added franchises besides the two third parties are Kid Icarus, Pikimin and R.O.B. the NES robot (and Animal Crossing and DS which don't get playable reps). Seriously... there should be more new franchises than that (yes I'm aware Melee only added 3 so 5 ain't bad but plenty of other franchises deserve a playable rep). On top of that several of the AT's would have been MUCH BETTER characters. Little Mac, Samurai Goroh, Lyn, Saki and even Stafy. Also... only 2 third parties is a shame but that's a minor problem compared to the other glaring issues I have with this roster. I'm thankful to have Luigi back (I didn't expect he'd be gone) along with the Ice Climbers and Marth and the additions of Pit, Meta Knight, Lucario, Pokemon Trainer, Sonic and Snake. But I just can't believe Sakurai would leave out Krystal and Ridley when they were so highly requested. Ridley is probably a boss but what about Krystal... just an AT? Lame.

thetoastinator

Smash Apprentice
Yes, in terms of units sold. I should have clarified. I mean Star Fox is one of Nintendo's four major CONSOLE franchises. The others being Zelda, Mario, and Metroid. Although I'm not sure that still holds true for this generation, it certainly WAS once true.
If this is true, why are there more Star Fox reps then Metroid Reps? O_o

Shuma

Smash Hero
Actually the Final Roster mock-up is incredibly old, i think i have it saved in my images.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
Hmm... I suppose it's plausible, but not if it's the R.O.B. from Starfox. That's just ridiculous.

No, sorry, but I really don't think this roster is even plausible.

Fawriel

Smash Master
THIS SENTENCE HAS THIRTY-FIVE CHARACTERS.
That's so awesome.

So, yeah. The only way that roster can be real is if Sakurai is a gay furry who reads fanfiction.
Otherwise, gee tea eff oh.

I'm anticipating a newcomer update tomorrow that disproves this whole theory.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Gee, am I the only one who really really likes this list? It has all my most wanted characters on it. -_-

As for the Starfox thing...have you considered that the reason Starfox may be getting more reps is because Nintendo wants it to have more popularity? A character getting into Smash Bros Brawl pretty much means a boost of popularity for their series. It happened to Ness in SSB and to Marth and Roy in SSBM. Now that Lucario is in (a Pokemon that Nintendo has been trying to make popular ever since the release of D/P) I think it'd be safe to say that they're going to use Brawl as a way to boost the popularity of certain franchises. Metroid is already very popular, but perhaps there's a Starfox game planned for the Wii in the future or something?

All that aside, I also don't see how people think that Wolf is not "original" when Krystal is. For one thing, the thought of Wolf's playstyle already has me very interested. He'd be a hard hitting medium-speed character, probably with lots of fast attacks that hit very hard but follow up with deep lag. He could use heavy weaponery compared to Fox and fight using a much more feral approach involving his claws, fangs, grapples and crushing attacks. It's not in any other Starfox character's nature to fight this way. Krystal would be more like Fox than Wolf...same species, and a light, quick character who will use combos and may support some ranged magical attacks. Basically a cross between Fox and Marth.

I'd like to think this roster is REAL!!

Dry Bones

Smash Ace
This is a sad day for Brawl.....I, along with thousands of other people, am extremely pissed at that roster and have lost all faith in Nintendo.

Oh well, looks like I save 50 bucks after all....I sure as hell won't be giving them my money
for real, dude? the roster isnt what i would have chosen either, but this game is still gonna rock some socks =)

Top Bottom