• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
What's up with different kind of roster being on 2channel that include other few stuffs (39 characters) and 35 characeters which confirmed by nyasa and neogaf, but still. I don't see if it will be 100% confirmed or not since they leak other characters that are not on Neogaf's character lists.

Hyper Luigi

Smash Ace
Congradulations people on not being able to read.

This a post made the 19th:

Compare this to

The order is correct and as you unlock characters, they'll slip into the character list.
You'll end up with something like this:

IT'S A MOCKUP PEOPLE! READ! This is our final roster. Nyasenya was right. 35 characters. Add the Random button missing from the picture and you have a perfect rectangle.
According to that list Lucario, Jigglypuff, Wolf, and Bowser are not lined-up with the other characters in their respective franchises. So that mock-up is wrong (but it would look better).

And it's ROB the NES robot. If the leaker said otherwise then they are just misinformed.

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
The guy has posted nothing more. He would have given us screen shots of him playing Lucas or Zelda. Those characters have only been shown through publicized sources and it would be very difficult to fake screen shots, since he would have to take his base photo from somewhere, and it would be obvious. The leaker is just getting a laugh out of all the people he or she is screwing with. Dont be fooled, at least not with two photos. If he uploads more stuff, I might start believing him.

KingDiDiDiddy

Smash Apprentice
People dont believe this because they dont want to... it is pretty pathetic that so many immatue gamers refuse to believe a logical roster such as this one which allready has been proven in so many way.... while they believe the final roster will have 45-50 characters ALL of them being ones they wanted in

seriously kids get ready to be upset and all of you SCREAMING fake right now better get ready to create a new account because you will be way too embarassed to come back here when you find out that the 35 roster is the real deal.

I am with you on this one short fuse THIS IS the final roster

I am VERY happy with it... I love Wolf... he is one of my favorite nintendo villians.

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
I don't believe anything until i get proof in picture form. Not that i'm being like some of the people who are so angry with the supposed roster that they refuse to believe it, there's just been so many leaks that why should i believe this one? Yes, i believe the screenshots, but until there's screens of the character select screen with unlocked characters, i don't believe.

It's not a bad roster, regardless. People are just angry because people are missing. I think ROB 64 is a cool addition, if it's true. He's been in Star Fox games longer than Krystal, anyway.

Let's just wait and see.

dr_awesome

Smash Apprentice
I mean if this is real I'll be honestly dissapointed for about 15 minutes and then I'll be enjoying the hours upon hours of work that has been put into it. true or not true this roster is not going to impact the replay value of this game. Famitsu may not be an incredibly reliable resource but a 40/40 isn't being pulled out of their a**. I'm sure we'll all be ecstatic by the time we get our hands on it.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I am so disappointed with stupid american who posted those kind of crap. I am so embrassed about it.

Anyway POst 445

Gino's work is finished and fought back to believe?

What do that meant?
Someone was saying they're getting off of work and want to go home and see that Geno is playable.

BoAKaN

Smash Apprentice
This makes no sense...you list links to 2chan that lists Krystal in the roster. Now you are giving a completely different roster...Pick something ffs.

Fawriel

Smash Master
There are some things I would like to point out.

First, anyone who thinks that nobody would bother wasting so much time mocking others on the internet... you are sorely mistaken and need a reality check, because people are idiots. And if you had the means to play with the feelings of a thousand people, and you enjoy such a thing, why wouldn't you do it? Hell, it's not even that hard to make. You can upload images to your TV, and how can anyone argue that having Zelda and Sheik both in their field makes this real? Even I could edit the images together like that!

Secondly, that roster is bull****. Falco and Wolf will not be in the roster at the same time. Sakurai likes original characters. Fox, Falco and Wolf together are the least original thing he could have come up with. Get real, this is bull****.

And finally, ShortFuse, you're putting your respect in jeopardy.

rubinmarshak

Smash Apprentice
I mean if this is real I'll be honestly dissapointed for about 15 minutes and then I'll be enjoying the hours upon hours of work that has been put into it. true or not true this roster is not going to impact the replay value of this game. Famitsu may not be an incredibly reliable resource but a 40/40 isn't being pulled out of their a**. I'm sure we'll all be ecstatic by the time we get our hands on it.
Cara fought several of the regular 21, a total of 18 persons hidden 39
・スネーク(メタルギア) Snake (Metal Gear)
・ソニック(ソニック) Sonic (Sonic)
・C.ファルコン(F-ZERO) C. Falcon (F-ZERO)
・ルイージ(ルイージマンション) Luigi (Luigi's Mansion)
・プリン(ポケモン) Purine (Pokemon)
・ガノンドロフ(ゼルダ) GANONDOROFU (Zelda)
・Mrゲーム&ウォッチ(ゲームウォッチ) Mr Game & Watch (GEMUUOTCHI)
・ファルコ(スターフォックス) FARUKO (Star Fox)
・ミュウツー(ポケモン) MYUUTSU (Pokemon)
・ネス(MOTHER) Ness (MOTHER)
・マルス(ファイアーエムブレム) Mars (Fire)
・クッパJr.(マリオ) Bowser Jr. (Mario)
・ブラックシャドー(F-ZERO) Black Shadow (F-ZERO)
・クルール(ドンキーコング) KURURU (Donkey Kong)
・クリスタル(スターフォックス) Crystal (Star Fox)
・ルカリオ(ポケモン) Rio Luke (Pokemon)
・ピクミン&オリマー(ピクミン) ORIMA & Pikmin (Pikmin)
・鷹丸(村雨城) Falcon round (Castle Murasame)
これにはミカヤもリドリーもミドナも、ジーノもいないねw It is also Ridley also MIDONA Mi harvest, it Gino no w

-Snake
-Sonic
-C. Falcon
-Luigi
-Jigglypuff
-Ganondorf
-Mr. Game & Watch
-Mewtwo
-Falco
-Ness
-Marth
-Bowser Jr.
-Black Shadow
-K. Rool
-Krystal
-Lucario
-Olimar
-Takamaru
-Ridley
-Midna

Not Geno

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
i won't believe any roster until it's confirmed by someone with the actual game not calling anyone a liar just don't want to sound dumb when i tell my friend wolf's in the game and turn out wrong or something like that

therealssjlink

Smash Apprentice
What's up with different kind of roster being on 2channel that include other few stuffs (39 characters) and 35 characeters which confirmed by nyasa and neogaf, but still. I don't see if it will be 100% confirmed or not since they leak other characters that are not on Neogaf's character lists.
Don't listen to them. You're talking about the one with Ridley, Krystal, Black Shadow, and Bowser Jr. right?

Well, they've been posting that one since Jump Festa >_>

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
This "prediction" is like the Dragoon update. You can only get so lucky. When you predict the placement of 25 characters, 21 of which are spot on IN ORDER with no mistakes, and when they're added, they series franchises align vertically and also it agrees with the 35 characters claims by Nyasenysa and I think as of yesterday 3 other prophets, yeah, this is pretty much the safest bet.

kamekasu

Smash Ace
WHY DOES EVERYBODY THINK IT"S REAL?

HUH? What possible "Real" evidence do you thick idiots have that this disaster of a ****ing roster is actually it?
You're an idiot. Learn how to read.

Where is GoateBoate from? How can we gain his trust?
Who cares if he's trustworthy? His roster matches up PERFECTLY with the current 2ch leak.

It isn't real. People believe anything....show some proof and maybe.
There is an overwhelming amount of evidence. Deal with it. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's not real.

Wait, I missed it... what's make this any more believable than any of the other "prophet" rosters?
READ THE FIRST POST. Use logic. It might help you.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@JohnKnight: Your "ROB is a common enemy" argument doesn't make sense.
The ROB from Starfox is only NAMED after NES ROB. They are NOT the same thing. That's why my expectation is that he will be named NUS, so as not to confuse people.
But still...why Wolf and No Krystal=??? Why 4 Star Fox characters when it's a minor series that made abouyt 3/4th's of it's sales off one game (Star Fox 64). Point is, wait it out. Where is the "real" evidence=??? Seriously, clones or no clones the smash community will be pissed. Wolf isn't that origianl, while Ridley is.

Star Fox is a minor franchise that will never be big, well-known, or very popular. Metroid is a huge franchise, with tons of popularity, especially with it's revival. Star Fox is at it's low point, Metroid at one of it's highest point. Stop jumping on the "zOMG! confumred1!1!1!" bandwaggon and think it over for ONE SECOND!

Point is, this isn't even that good of a roster. It's missing key characters. If this is Sakurai's final smash game, then why the hell did he waste his time with this crappily small roster=???

blayde_axel

Smash Master
People dont believe this because they dont want to... it is pretty pathetic that so many immatue gamers refuse to believe a logical roster such as this one which allready has been proven in so many way.... while they believe the final roster will have 45-50 characters ALL of them being ones they wanted in

seriously kids get ready to be upset and all of you SCREAMING fake right now better get ready to create a new account because you will be way too embarassed to come back here when you find out that the 35 roster is the real deal.

I am with you on this one short fuse THIS IS the final roster

I am VERY happy with it... I love Wolf... he is one of my favorite nintendo villians.
Anything with "ROB" in it is nowhere near "logical."

How in the world is anyone believing this, anyway? What makes this one different?

blayde_axel

Smash Master
You're an idiot. Learn how to read.

Who cares if he's trustworthy? His roster matches up PERFECTLY with the current 2ch leak.

There is an overwhelming amount of evidence. Deal with it. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's not real.

READ THE FIRST POST. Use logic. It might help you.
I still don't see any "real" evidence...

Chepe

Smash Lord
Oh dear, masses of people in denial... The Melee incident all over again, its beginning...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
LEt's see...it's a 37 character roster with ZSS and Shiek. We got 25 characters on the dojo. 23 are starters. We got 14 other spots. That means we have 11 more secret characters then Melee. Still adds up to Melee 2.0 and not Smash Brothers Brawl. >_>

Shuma

Smash Hero
About everyone saying why Wolf not Krystal, first than all, Wolf is more popular, yeah you got that right, the only diference is that Wolf fans are not screaming everywhere "Krystal" for brawl.

The only thing that so far could deconfirm this roster is the fact of so many Fox characters and no rep for some other franchise, but then again, Fox was way popular in Melee, i mean, he did get a special trailer when he was announced, while only Snake and Sonic had a special one after that.

lethminite

Smash Apprentice
According to that list Lucario, Jigglypuff, Wolf, and Bowser are not lined-up with the other characters in their respective franchises. So that mock-up is wrong (but it would look better).

And it's ROB the NES robot. If the leaker said otherwise then they are just misinformed.
they will all wrap around into place as each one is unlocked, look at the greyed out characters from the mock up, they are in the same order as the ones in the SS, just not lined up yet since the roster isn't full.

as for ROB, what is meant is that while the ROB on the mock up is NES rob, the roster ROB will be starfox rob, who makes more sense as a character, and his placement lines up with starfox.

the mock up is a mock up, not real, just made to show where they all will be.
the leakers would be right, not the pic.

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
This "prediction" is like the Dragoon update. You can only get so lucky. When you predict the placement of 25 characters, 21 of which are spot on IN ORDER with no mistakes, and when they're added, they series franchises align vertically and also it agrees with the 35 characters claims by Nyasenysa and I think as of yesterday 3 other prophets, yeah, this is pretty much the safest bet.
Its all speculation. If you choose to believe it thats fine. But not everyone has to agree with it. I personally wont, not until I see it myself. It has nothing to do with not wanting to be disappointed, but rather its a matter of waiting for a 100 percent official reliable source to confirm the facts.

kamekasu

Smash Ace
But still...why Wolf and No Krystal=??? Why 4 Star Fox characters when it's a minor series that made abouyt 3/4th's of it's sales off one game (Star Fox 64). Point is, wait it out. Where is the "real" evidence=??? Seriously, clones or no clones the smash community will be pissed. Wolf isn't that origianl, while Ridley is.

Star Fox is a minor franchise that will never be big, well-known, or very popular. Metroid is a huge franchise, with tons of popularity, especially with it's revival. Star Fox is at it's low point, Metroid at one of it's highest point. Stop jumping on the "zOMG! confumred1!1!1!" bandwaggon and think it over for ONE SECOND!

Point is, this isn't even that good of a roster. It's missing key characters. If this is Sakurai's final smash game, then why the hell did he waste his time with this crappily small roster=???
StarFox is one of Nintendo's four major franchises. Starfox has many more characters (that are viable for Smash Bros.) than Metroid does. Ridley would have been great! But there is a chance the developers felt it was too difficult to rescale him, and still have him as a usable, balanced character. Dark Samus? I think that it would be too much of a clone.

Why Wolf over Krystal? Simple. Wolf has been in every Star Fox game save the first one. Krystal has been in Star Fox Assault, and Star Fox Adventures, two of the LEAST successful games in the franchise. Wolf is simply more recognized, and more popular with the general population.

I'm not jumping on any bandwagon, I'm just preparing myself, and trying to convince others to prepare themselves, for the worst. Do you really want to believe there will be a 60 character roster, only to be immensely disappointed by what we have now?

Hyper Luigi

Smash Ace
・スネーク(メタルギア) Snake (Metal Gear)
・ソニック(ソニック) Sonic (Sonic)
・C.ファルコン(F-ZERO) C. Falcon (F-ZERO)
・ルイージ(ルイージマンション) Luigi (Luigi's Mansion)
・プリン(ポケモン) Purine (Pokemon)
・ガノンドロフ(ゼルダ) GANONDOROFU (Zelda)
・Mrゲーム&ウォッチ(ゲームウォッチ) Mr Game & Watch (GEMUUOTCHI)
・ファルコ(スターフォックス) FARUKO (Star Fox)
・ミュウツー(ポケモン) MYUUTSU (Pokemon)
・ネス(MOTHER) Ness (MOTHER)
・マルス(ファイアーエムブレム) Mars (Fire)
・クッパJr.(マリオ) Bowser Jr. (Mario)
・ブラックシャドー(F-ZERO) Black Shadow (F-ZERO)
・クルール(ドンキーコング) KURURU (Donkey Kong)
・クリスタル(スターフォックス) Crystal (Star Fox)
・ルカリオ(ポケモン) Rio Luke (Pokemon)
・ピクミン&オリマー(ピクミン) ORIMA & Pikmin (Pikmin)
・鷹丸(村雨城) Falcon round (Castle Murasame)
これにはミカヤもリドリーもミドナも、ジーノもいないねw It is also Ridley also MIDONA Mi harvest, it Gino no w

-Snake
-Sonic
-C. Falcon
-Luigi
-Jigglypuff
-Ganondorf
-Mr. Game & Watch
-Mewtwo
-Falco
-Ness
-Marth
-Bowser Jr.
-Black Shadow
-K. Rool
-Krystal
-Lucario
-Olimar
-Takamaru
-Ridley
-Midna

Not Geno
MUCH BETTER than the 35 one but if it doesn't have NES R.O.B. then it's not legit. Sigh... And judging by the supposed starters screen Olimar doesn't need to be unlocked.

dr_awesome

Smash Apprentice
?????(?????) Snake (Metal Gear)
?????(????) Sonic (Sonic)
?C.?????(F-ZERO) C. Falcon (F-ZERO)
?????(?????????) Luigi (Luigi's Mansion)
????(????) Purine (Pokemon)
???????(???) GANONDOROFU (Zelda)
?Mr???&????(???????) Mr Game & Watch (GEMUUOTCHI)
?????(????????) FARUKO (Star Fox)
??????(????) MYUUTSU (Pokemon)
???(MOTHER) Ness (MOTHER)
????(??????????) Mars (Fire)
????Jr.(???) Bowser Jr. (Mario)
?????????(F-ZERO) Black Shadow (F-ZERO)
?????(???????) KURURU (Donkey Kong)
??????(????????) Crystal (Star Fox)
?????(????) Rio Luke (Pokemon)
??????????(????) ORIMA & Pikmin (Pikmin)
???(???) Falcon round (Castle Murasame)
??????????????????????????? It is also Ridley also MIDONA Mi harvest, it Gino no w

-Snake
-Sonic
-C. Falcon
-Luigi
-Jigglypuff
-Ganondorf
-Mr. Game & Watch
-Mewtwo
-Falco
-Ness
-Marth
-Bowser Jr.
-Black Shadow
-K. Rool
-Krystal
-Lucario
-Olimar
-Takamaru
-Ridley
-Midna

Not Geno
lol, wut? What in mypost has anything to do with this?

CAPTAIN BUTTS

Smash Cadet
If this is the real roster, I think any disappointment I might be feeling is the lack of surprises over what we've already been shown on the Dojo. If I had just finished playing Melee and this fell in my lap, I may very well have **** my pants. I won't be unhappy, but there's so many more characters that just would have been so awesome that just aren't there. Needless to say, I could still certainly enjoy myself with this roster.

Shuma

Smash Hero
How in the world is anyone believing this, anyway? What makes this one different?
It fits. /House

Read the Thread, around 5 leakers agree with this of wich 3 or 2, have leaked real info in the past, another one was Nyaseya who was right about well... everything she said. And another one was Chaozero and the Dragoon.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Its all speculation. If you choose to believe it thats fine. But not everyone has to agree with it. I personally wont, not until I see it myself. It has nothing to do with not wanting to be disappointed, but rather its a matter of waiting for a 100 percent official reliable source to confirm the facts.
Exactly...

Jeez. Some people act like this is serious business...

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
I'm just confused. How is this proven? I keep seeing how if you put 'em in proper order it looks kosher, but what's to say this isn't an even bigger ruse?

I mean, we can wait like 10 days can't we? And also is it possible that such representatives could be replaced by other legitimate characters and still achieve alignment (For example say Wolf is wrong and it's Krystal, it still keeps that same shape) I don't know it just seems like one more thing.

HuskytheGeek

Smash Journeyman
I agree that 4 Starfox reps is a little strange in comparison to the number of Metroid reps. However, consider how many characters from Metroid would actually be logical playable characters. Ridley is the only other one that really deserves a spot and it is totally possible he is a boss.

Honestly, I think this last is quite a good one even though I am not totally satisfied by it. There are 9 characters that I would want to main. What more could I ask for?

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
Well the screenshot did have points on the bottom in it so maybe Olimar was an unlockable? =P

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
so if that roster is true theres only 2 3rd party chacaters not 3? unless r.o.b is third party? but ya that roster does suck only because theres no geno but meh, whatever

Top Bottom