• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

spindash

Smash Ace
The more I see logical points coming from both sides, the more scared I really am. Another speculated 39 Character Roster showed far more logic then I could ever hope for. And I sincerely wish for that one to be true.

Regardless of what happens though, I will only set myself up for potential disappointment, not a breakdown as this game will easily be able to retain it's glory as one of the greatest fighters to ever exist.

Frankly, I'm still gunning for Card and what he's said; however I'm not ready to jump on that bandwagon either and be all, "GO CARD! WOO!" I'd be jumping on a bandwagon. I'm going to play the savior game for myself and just stick to speculation rather then solid conclusions.

If it ends up being 35 with R.O.B. on it, so be it. If it's wrong, I will be quite happy with a more expected roster. I'll lean on Card for this one.

He's no 'prophet'. He's just a fellow member of a forum board looking at all the facts brought before us and expressing every route possible. And for that, I thank you.

Card

Smash Lord
Ok now stop bashing on Mast3r, its an innocent mistake;

ShortFuse I know you are reading, Have you come to your senses yet? I'm still waiting for you to edit out this ridiculous thread title you wrote claiming that we have the final roster.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
That fake roster image was made before the fake roster was posted up. The supposed roster leak of 35 was based off this image.

People said the screen was made to illustrated one of the "leaked rosters"...

If you are right I will laugh...

kamekasu

Smash Ace
If the guy loaded up a unique screen shot with nothing to base it on, its that simple. For example Lucas's victory pose. Its never been revealed, but it could be easily shown considering the guy has a copy of the game and Lucas is a starting character. And thats just one example. But the guy cant do it because he has nothing to base it off, nothing to manipulate.

Unless he gives us more, Ill never believe it.
Hehe, I posted that on 2ch... as usual nobody replies to posts.
On topic, though, I think Card's post should be appended to Short Fuse's original post, so people can see his point of view rather than just Short Fuse's declaration that the mock-up is real.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
Stop posting that fake screenshot as fact! Wait until we get a real screen before posting it as fact.

MAST3R

Smash Apprentice
Okay my bad on the roster thing.
I didn't see any type anything about the CD labeling thing from my post because that most likely what he did but we dont want to believe that cause we want some true leaks! >:D

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
does anyone know how the "japanese everything" thread turned into the "index of leaks" thread?

oh...and someone should make another comment about how that final roster pic looks fake, and then everyone reading this thread should take it upon themselves to make sure that there is at least one full page of comments telling them they're stupid and that they should read things more effectively.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
Ok now stop bashing on Mast3r, its an innocent mistake;

You're right... don't bash... but people REALLY need to stop jumping in and saying "this screen is sooooo fake you people are too gullible..."

ShortFuse I know you are reading, Have you come to your senses yet? I'm still waiting for you to edit out this ridiculous thread title you wrote claiming that we have the final roster.
I agree...

This is supposed to be a thread about Japanese CONFIRMATION of things...

not silly speculation about another roster...

we have several threads for that... in fact this "final roster" stuff belongs in its own thread... not here...

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
He WILL give us more, can't you just be patient? He's propably playing the game just now, or maybe mapping it in the PC.
C'mon the leak has what, 1 hour? Just wait and see.

dr_awesome

Smash Apprentice
A holographic one, dudes?

There are thousands of proofs that he's right, and everything you got was "well but it COULD be faked...". Well, nowadays even Earth could be faked by a photoshopper, so what, Earth don't exist?
eh hem. no. it can't. Because we are experiencing the earth 1st person not roughly 3rd person. And as it so happens conditional arguments are perfectly valid arguments. Possiblity lends itself to invalidity , conditional reasoning eliminates the probability aspect therefore reducing the comlications of a given argument into either valid or not valid. Now that the conditioning has been introduced it can only be either true or not true and the answer can only be obtained through 1st person interaction. thus "well but it COULD be faked..." is the only rebuttal we need. Have fun arguing that.

Shuma

Smash Hero
People said the screen was made to illustrated one of the "leaked rosters"...
It was, as far as i know, both the pic and the order of the characters are based on 6 diferent leaks(Nya, Chaos Zero, Shadow something, Reno Marksman Serebii and someone else), Chronobound compiled a list of the 35 characters, Marksman or Reno confirmed it(and added rob to it), and another guy on gamefaqs(i think) posted how they where positioned, then the fake roster was made.

After that, happened this "leak".

therealssjlink

Smash Apprentice
I wish that the Smash Series was released in the same vein as normal fighting series....updating characters, adding new features, balancing problems out, fixing glitches, and realsing a new one EVERY YEAR instead of on a one game per console basis.

spindash

Smash Ace
Insert Many Images
Ehehehe... >_>; It's been debunked a long time ago that it was the real roster. It's just a interpretation of what the supposed 'leaked' roster would LOOK like if they were all unlocked and displayed as such.

We all slip-up; don't sweat it. But that's just funny. XD! I particularly enjoyed the big font in an attempt to pwn people. Better luck next time~

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
The point is, the whole thing that the character order stays the same and new characters are inserted was never assumed by anyone. It was not in 64, it was not in Melee. No one is going to come here and say "the icons won't be moved around (like in Melee), they will stay in the same order and be new characters will be pushed into the same position, moving other characters"

The picture from WHobby08 to the Disc leak on 2CH shows that the character positions stay the same and new characters are "slid" into position. NO ONE ANTICIPATED THIS, NO ONE. The mockup of the 35 characters is before the 2chan leak. The 2chan leak shows Zelda slid into position before Pit, and Olimar and Lucas are the last two. We didn't know where Olimar and Lucas went. You could have easily put swapped Ness with Snake, Lucas with Sonic, and Game and Watch with Olimar. It would still work out align the franchises, as you put. But they didn't. Having done so wouldn't put Lucas or Olimar last which the 2CH puts them as. There are about a bunch of other mixes you can do. You can put Zelda between Yoshi and Ice climbers or between Wario and Caption Falcon. You can move around Young Link, Ganondorf and Zelda and it would still align franchises. The 2CH leaks shows Zelda goes between Diddy Kong and Pit. Another lucky guess?

I know what you're saying about how you can make it up, but you have to realize that Lucas, Olimar and Zelda really throw that out of wack and would make it ridiculously lucky.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I'd like to see the believers try and explain why, in over 4 or so hours, no more pictures have been posted by the "owner" of Brawl. It won't happen.
If you had the game you wouldn't be posting pics on the internet.... right?

kamekasu

Smash Ace
It was, as far as i know, both the pic and the order of the characters are based on 6 diferent leaks(Nya, Chaos Zero, Shadow something, Reno Marksman Serebii and someone else), Chronobound compiled a list of the 35 characters, Marksman or Reno confirmed it(and added rob to it), and another guy on gamefaqs(i think) posted how they where positioned, then the fake roster was made.

After that, happened this "leak".
I was under the impression that the 35 character list was based off a completely separate leak...
All these posts should be in a different thread. This no longer pertains directly to the translation of the 2ch thread.

Card

Smash Lord
The point is, the whole thing that the character order stays the same and new characters are inserted was never assumed by anyone. It was not in 64, it was not in Melee. No one is going to come here and say "the icons won't be moved around (like in Melee), they will stay in the same order and be new characters will be pushed into the same position, moving other characters"

The picture from WHobby08 to the Disc leak on 2CH shows that the character positions stay the same and new characters are "slid" into position. NO ONE ANTICIPATED THIS, NO ONE. The mockup of the 35 characters is before the 2chan leak. The 2chan leak shows Zelda slid into position before Pit, and Olimar and Lucas are the last two. We didn't know where Olimar and Lucas went. You could have easily put swapped Ness with Snake, Lucas with Sonic, and Game and Watch with Olimar. It would still work out align the franchises, as you put. But they didn't. Having done so wouldn't put Lucas or Olimar last which the 2CH puts them as. There are about a bunch of other mixes you can do. You can put Zelda between Yoshi and Ice climbers or between Wario and Caption Falcon. You can move around Young Link, Ganondorf and Zelda and it would still align franchises. The 2CH leaks shows Zelda goes between Diddy Kong and Pit. Another lucky guess?

I know what you're saying about how you can make it up, but you have to realize that Lucas, Olimar and Zelda really throw that out of wack and would make it ridiculously lucky.
Oh my gosh ShortFuse!!!

If I could, I would reach through my monitor, grab you by your shirt, and slap you around a couple of times.

Thats it, Hold on. I'm going to resort to Photoshop to make you see how much gullible you really are. Just hold on.

Sanji

Smash Apprentice
why do 20 different people need to tell master whats wrong with what he did? calm down why are u guys being so anal? oh i know why; because you are taking anything you can from a noobs post that says something that disproves your theory of the final roster bein correct. what other reason could there be after 5 people in a row tell him what he did wrong. even then, why should it even take more than 1 person? a stupid comment like that i just ignored because it was not even worth commenting on. i think you guys are so caught up on this """"""""""""leak"""""""""""" which is why alll you anal tards are on massive defense. but seriously, theres a big problem with induction which is everytime you make a prediction you are assuming that the future will resemble the past and as we all know we have all been tricked plenty of time by sakurai. I think the reason people are assuming this stuff to be true is because the leaked real Melee final roster was leaked well before the release of Melee, which is a bad thing to do!

BoAKaN

Smash Apprentice

You don't get it. Don't put up non-proven information on a thread that is supposed to be 100% facts.

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
eh hem. no. it can't. Because we are experiencing the earth 1st person not roughly 3rd person. And as it so happens conditional arguments are perfectly valid arguments. Possiblity lends itself to invalidity , conditional reasoning eliminates the probability aspect therefore reducing the comlications of a given argument into either valid or not valid. Now that the conditioning has been introduced it can only be either true or not true and the answer can only be obtained through 1st person interaction. thus "well but it COULD be faked..." is the only rebuttal we need. Have fun arguing that.
You are getting way too logical on us. Gives me a headache even trying to make sense of your post. Keep it simple dude. Simple is best.

FireCrack

Smash Journeyman
why do 20 different people need to tell master whats wrong with what he did? calm down why are u guys being so anal? oh i know why; because you are taking anything you can from a noobs post that says something that disproves your theory of the final roster bein correct. what other reason could there be after 5 people in a row tell him what he did wrong. even then, why should it even take more than 1 person? a stupid comment like that i just ignored because it was not even worth commenting on. i think you guys are so caught up on this """"""""""""leak"""""""""""" which is why alll you anal tards are on massive defense. but seriously, theres a big problem with induction which is everytime you make a prediction you are assuming that the future will resemble the past and as we all know we have all been tricked plenty of time by sakurai. I think the reason people are assuming this stuff to be true is because the leaked real Melee final roster was leaked well before the release of Melee, which is a bad thing to do!
wut?

tl;dr

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
Ehehehe... >_>; It's been debunked a long time ago that it was the real roster. It's just a interpretation of what the supposed 'leaked' roster would LOOK like if they were all unlocked and displayed as such.

We all slip-up; don't sweat it. But that's just funny. XD! I particularly enjoyed the big font in an attempt to pwn people. Better luck next time~
ty for the positive response...i just can be bothered reading all 200odd pages :)

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
So seriously what u all are going to give me when it is proven that I'm right and this roster is the REAL DEAL!?

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
Adelaide, Australia. Along with my Mad Duck.
Shuma said:
If you had the game you wouldn't be posting pics on the internet.... right?
I would. In fact I'd be taking many pictures and posting them all over Smashboards. This is my point, its not that hard to take a picture, connect your camera to your computer, upload the picture to Photobucket or something and post it on Smashboards, is it? In fact, you'd most likely enjoy the popularity in that YOU are the first public person to play Brawl. The fact that they've only posted 2 pictures, with information that we already know and an easily faked disc cover makes this so-called 35 character roster theory extremely shaky.

Arteen

Smash Lord
why do 20 different people need to tell master whats wrong with what he did? calm down why are u guys being so anal? oh i know why; because you are taking anything you can from a noobs post that says something that disproves your theory of the final roster bein correct. what other reason could there be after 5 people in a row tell him what he did wrong.
Or it could be because people are posting in this thread quickly and didn't see the responses. :urg:

Top Bottom