• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

Novus

Smash Apprentice
What argument? I'm a huge Ridley fan and I don't want him reduced to a playable character. That's all.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
What argument? I'm a huge Ridley fan and I don't want him reduced to a playable character. That's all.
That was pretty much a contradictory statement.

"I'm a big fan of 'X', but I don't want him playable".

Yeah, off the topic of Ridley now (not that there's much to talk about now).

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Yeah, I think he could be a good boss. A stage appearance or at would work too.
Ridley as attack trophy. Ridley swoops down and grabs somebody with his claws and carries them off for a KO.

Actually that would be better suited for the red pterodactyl in Ice Climbers.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ridley is Everything!

ShortFuse, here is the WHOBBY stage select screen:

http://www.imgup.org/iup537751.jpg
Thanks a ton! Very intresting-it just shrinks the character pictures and the stage pictures before you select them. Also, have you seen the item select screen thing=???? (if it's possible)

>>So far there is no way of using Zamus from the start<<

of course, this is another demo
Watch us get the A button Shiek secret thing with ZSS.

Will you ridley fanboys sthu, the worst that could happen to ridley is being a Boss and you know it.. he will never be an AT.

but what if :o lol
LOL, all you are retarted! Acccept it! Ridley IS A AT. He's also a boss. And a stage. A song (CONFIRMED1!1!). He's also a Pokéball Pokémon. A basic item. A technique (like onscreen appearances are techniques). He's a game mode. He's a online feature. He's a game mode. He's a notice, for his awsomeness. O, and most importantly-he's a playable character! :grin:

RIDLEY IS BRAWL! :) :cool: ;)

Seriously though, ChronoBound...2chan is not a reliable source. Unless everyone is saying it, it's probably not true. Plusseeing as how Sakurai jumped the gun on Captain Olimar, he wouldn't forget Ridley-the 2nd Metroid character and 2nd most important Metroid character, and the uniqueness he holds. His attack methods (teeth, head, claws, arms, legs, tail, fire breath and beams and whatnot) would be too unique to pass up, rivalring the Pokémon Trainer's uniqueness (but probably not Olimar's).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah that's really the only thing that makes ridley look fierce and powerful...

Just like Bowser...

****in' idiotic arguements...Ridley would still be big...Not gigantic, but he'd be fierce enough and look awesome still as a playable character

Sputnikk8156

Smash Journeyman
And this thread is about Japan Brawl events, and Translations from Japanese Brawl sites..not ridley...go to the ridley thread if you want to fight about it.

Please and Thank You.

Hallowed Storm

Smash Journeyman
Jesus said:
12:50 CST. The event ends in 10 minutes. Expect an overflow of news and media to come rolling in within an hour or so. This was the case with previous events.
That will be absolutely crazy. SWF and other sites will probably go crazy and load slow. I'm just going to wait until I go to bed and wake up to see how everything turns out. I think we'll get a lot of information from this Whobby thing.

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
>>It seems most or all stages start out with 4 songs to choose from, then you get more via the CDs you collect.<<

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
And now the reading of forums begin. I'm getting tired though. Wii-ds.com should update later.
Let's see, ends at 2AM, takes 20 minutes to get to train station and 1 hour and a half to get back home. 2 4AM he can start comfortably updating the blog and that's not including if he wants to get a bite to eat. yeah... I think I can leave this for tomorrow morning. the problem is going through 2ch posts.

it's all unorganized. you have to filter so many junk posts.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
>>It seems most or all stages start out with 4 songs to choose from, then you get more via the CDs you collect.<<
Well, there is undoubtedly a ****load of music, but I think some stages have a limited selection (like the Halberd's).
Edit: there is no Ridley thread. They aren't allowed.

SmashALLSTAR

Smash Cadet
Well, I may just go to bed now.
I'll probably wake up to a flood of news and footage, which will be sweet.
I guess an explosion of new stuff is quite exciting.
Anyways, night all.

...oh and...RIDLEY (PLAYABLE) 4 BRAWL!!!

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Jesus christ, Brawl Central is being dropped from it's host because the owner "can't support a website bringing in 15gb-20gb on a daily basis". What are they gonna say when they see 60gb from tonight alone?

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I think I'm done guys. I'm too tired right now. I gotta pack anyway. I go back home tomorr.w

I'll leave this to Aeris and .Yoshi for now. I entrust you two with this thread. I just hope not to come back to this thread tomorrow and find it locked. :p

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ridley would be too broken if he was a playable character....they just need to keep him as boss if anything....lol
Are you f***ing joking me? You must be mentally retarted, because Ridley is not too big. Ridley in Melee's opening, TOP THAT! SMALLER THEN SAMUS! In fact, judging by the graphic quality, I say if Melee had 6 more months under development, we'd have Ridley as a Playable Character. How is he broken=??? Meta Knight's attack speed is broken, and Sonic's speed is broken. Please, just stop posting if you're going to be a idiot. No one cares how you imagine it because of your lack of imagination. That is one of the most overused phrases of all-time with smash. I heard people say that with EVERYONE, and every confirmed character. Ya, so that point FAILS!

Top Bottom