• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@TwistedLullaby89 ^ He isn't. Case in point, Super Metroid! No one is too big for Brawl...not even Godzilla. Bowser is over 100 feet tall in Super Mario Sunshine, and Bowser obviously isn't in Smash! :laugh:

Edit: But Kraid isn't important enough to his franchise to be in Brawl...unless as a Assist Trophy, or something.

TwistedLullaby89

Smash Cadet
^ He isn't. Case in point, Super Metroid! No one is too big for Brawl...not even Godzilla. Bowser is over 100 feet tall in Super Mario Sunshine, and Bowser obviously isn't in Smash! :laugh:
...Just imagine a Bowser-sized Kraid on Brinstar Depths.

Well, at least he'd get a taste of his own medicine, getting trapped on that little round platform half the time.

TwistedLullaby89

Smash Cadet
Hold on, I'm gonna call my Ridley homies from da west side.

And I see you guys hitting it upw ith lulz, so stfu toilet seats
LMAO.

But honestly, at this point, is there any way we can get a wordfilter for... the R-word? Because that seems like it might do the trick.

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
Ok so someone is writing about what he found after playing Brawl,

He starts to talk about Samus, though all the things he says are what we already know about Brawl Samus, including that you can't turn into Zamus at the start of a match

TwistedLullaby89

Smash Cadet
Ok so someone is writing about what he found after playing Brawl,

He starts to talk about Samus, though all the things he says are what we already know about Brawl Samus, including that you can't turn into Zamus at the start of a match
I was expecting that she wouldn't be able to, it's not a Zelda-type situation where she can just transform whenever, she has to get a Smash ball.

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
also, a few people "may" have seen Blaziken come out of a Pokeball, but others rebut this as being a mistake when in fact it was just Torchic....not 100%

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
It's nice to see Shaymin in the game. All we need is Darkrai and or Arceus and we will have the best secret hard to get Legendary Pokemon in the game. Or are they only in Japan; gawd I hope not. >_>

bastula

Smash Apprentice
NNID
secretanchitman
3DS FC
0130-1885-4238
Switch FC
SW-2373-3239-8999
going to bed...hopefully there will be more info in like 10 hours or something!

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Okay guys, I'm out. I'll be back tomorrow to start investigating.
To be honest I'm getting tired of these demos. The game comes out in Japan in 10days. I'm hoping for an internet leak within the next 3 days.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
...Just imagine a Bowser-sized Kraid on Brinstar Depths.

Well, at least he'd get a taste of his own medicine, getting trapped on that little round platform half the time.
LOL! Kill him with his stage that never existed. Brinstar Depths never existed, because of it's suckiness (new word! :laugh:)...that never existed! :grin:

also, a few people "may" have seen Blaziken come out of a Pokeball, but others rebut this as being a mistake when in fact it was just Torchic....not 100%
Torchic is a Pokéball Pokémon. But if Blazekein gets Pokéball'd, there is no Pokémon Newcomer possibiliity, except Lucario.

Kraid for assist trophy!

I still kinda dislike the Zamus thing, since she's basically unmainable.
The only problem I have with ZSS is that she doesn't have a Negative Suit Final Smash! :laugh: Seriously though, one Metroid character in two forms doesn't cut it. So..let us not get Kraid! TAKE THAT FOR YOUR GOD-FORSAKEN SUCKY STAGE...that never existed! :laugh:

@ TwistedLullaby89
Chi's Finest = Chirs on Brawlcentral. ;)

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
If Zamus isn't selectable at the beginning of a match and there really is no Female PT: Biggest mistake Nintendo's made about a big game.

OK, probably not, but pretty bad.
She might be unlockable as an alternate costume at some point. I don't know about Smash Balls in SSE. You might have to beat her section or do something to unlock the ability to use her Zero Suit.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Lol. So what's the story on the servers?
My hosting company and I have been exchanging emails the past few days. First, I needed a custom plan because I needed 2-3x more bandwidth a month than what they offer on their most expensive plan. They were going to try to work something out, but suggested I get a dedicated server all to myself, which would be very expensive. They now need to drop Brawl Central because the owner says they can continue to host a website that is racking in 15GB-20GB of bandwidth a day. I don't have the reports yet, but I think I just hit 60GB tonight alone :/

So basically I have about one more day to pay the high fee of getting my own server, or find some kind of shared one that can fit my traffic needs at a lower price. The thing is, they quoted me a price for a dedicated server for 300GB a month, and I think I'll need even more than that, so the price would be even higher...

I just gotta decide what I'm doing in the next day or so. Right now there's too much stuff going on for me to look into my server options.

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
A lot of these "reports" people are mentioning in 2ch are pretty much stuff we already know about brawl characters. The only good ones to note are Wario, PT, Kirby, and Dedede since we have yet to try them.

TwistedLullaby89

Smash Cadet
She might be unlockable as an alternate costume at some point. I don't know about Smash Balls in SSE. You might have to beat her section or do something to unlock the ability to use her Zero Suit.
She was one of the more popular points of discussion when the game was first announced, I'd figure Sakurai would want her included in the most-talked-about game mode, so either way, I imagine there'll be something enabling an SSE appearance.

TwistedLullaby89

Smash Cadet
My hosting company and I have been exchanging emails the past few days. First, I needed a custom plan because I needed 2-3x more bandwidth a month than what they offer on their most expensive plan. They were going to try to work something out, but suggested I get a dedicated server all to myself, which would be very expensive. They now need to drop Brawl Central because the owner says they can continue to host a website that is racking in 15GB-20GB of bandwidth a day. I don't have the reports yet, but I think I just hit 60GB tonight alone :/

So basically I have about one more day to pay the high fee of getting my own server, or find some kind of shared one that can fit my traffic needs at a lower price. The thing is, they quoted me a price for a dedicated server for 300GB a month, and I think I'll need even more than that, so the price would be even higher...

I just gotta decide what I'm doing in the next day or so. Right now there's too much stuff going on for me to look into my server options.
I'd hate to see BC go down, the only places I go before you are here and the Dojo itself.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
>> Seems like Pokemon Change takes about 3-4 seconds, from what one poster says. PT's Pokemon do not have accessories. <<

Soft3x

Smash Apprentice
Oh god, I found A very intresting thing! Newcomers! (from the link: http://game13.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/famicom/1200191136/) :)

Hiding キャラ = Hiding Characters?
Captain ファルコン = Captain Olimar
Crystal = Krystal
Sonic = Sonic (Duh...)
Seeking = Don't know
ガノンドロフ = Ganondorf
Snake = Snake (Duh...)
Mars = Don't know
リドリー = Ridley
ミƒ…ウツー = Some kind of Pokémon
Mr. Game & watch = Mr. Game & watch (Duh...)
The model changing (it enters into the hand other than the sub- sky) = Alternate costumes?
Ness = Ness (Duh...)
ルイージ = Luigi
Luke Rio = Don't know
Black shadow = Black Shadow (Duh...)

When hiding キャラ of the model changing is put out, with the sub- sky like the extra compilation the surface is added = They have REAL alternate costumes because they wanted to make SE bigger?

(I don't know if this is exactly, I had some help from a translator.)

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
Oh god, I found A very intresting thing! Newcomers! (from the link: http://game13.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/famicom/1200191136/) :)

Crystal = Krystal
Sonic = Sonic (Duh...)
Seeking = Don't know
ガノンドロフ = Ganondorf
Snake = Snake (Duh...)
Mars = Don't know
リドリー = Ridley
The model changing (it enters into the hand other than the sub- sky) = Alternate costumes?
Ness = Ness (Duh...)
ルイージ = Luigi
Luke Rio = Don't know

When hiding キャラ of the model changing is put out, with the sub- sky like the extra compilation the surface is added = They have REAL alternate costumes because they wanted to make SE bigger?

This was probably a "hope" post, people hoping for their character to appear or whether they think it will or not...

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace

Crystal = Krystal
Sonic = Sonic (Duh...)
Seeking = Don't know
ガノンドロフ = Ganondorf
Snake = Snake (Duh...)
Mars = Don't know
リドリー = Ridley
Ness = Ness (Duh...)
ルイージ = Luigi
Luke Rio = Don't know

Yeah...this roster was proven fake a while ago. Ganondorf is referred to as a "Great King" on 2Chan.

Luke Rio = Lucario :D

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Crystal = Krystal
Sonic = Sonic (Duh...)
Seeking = Don't know
ガノンドロフ = Ganondorf
Snake = Snake (Duh...)
Mars = Don't know
リドリー = Ridley
Ness = Ness (Duh...)
ルイージ = Luigi
Luke Rio = Don't know

Old rumor from 3 days ago. As for Chi's Finest, you run a hell of a thing with Brawl Central. Here's for hoping for the best! :)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Crystal = Krystal
Sonic = Sonic (Duh...)
Seeking = Don't know
ガノンドロフ = Ganondorf
Snake = Snake (Duh...)
Mars = Don't know
リドリー = Ridley
Ness = Ness (Duh...)
ルイージ = Luigi
Luke Rio = Don't know

Sorry, it's old and fake :ohwell:
Here's the translations, just so you know..

Cara hidden
キャプテン・ファルコン -Captain Falcon
クリスタル -Krystal
ソニック -Sonic
シーク -Seek (to my knowledge, that's Sheik)
ガノンドロフ -Great King of Evil (Ganon)
スネーク -Snake
マルス -Mars (Marth)
リドリー -Ridley (Rid lee :p)
ミュウツー -Mewtwo
Mr.ゲーム&ウォッチ -Mr. Game & Watch
モデル換え(亜空以外で手に入る (supposedly to be Primid)
ネス -Ness
ルイージ -Luigi
ルカリオ -Lucario
ブラックシャドー -Black Shadow

Cara model changeover hidden out in the sky and nitrous out size edition was added to the surface

That's what it said..

Top Bottom