• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "I need help with ___"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Your just not releasing your shield early enough... I had the same problem...
(be careful you don't do it to early or you won't get it at all)

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:confused: By the way... does anyone know how to shffl lazer with Falco?(Having troubles with it...)
Also, does anyone know what and how to do the wobble IC?
Lastly how and what is a shine attack?(not sure if I know it or not)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Ok I'm going to answer your Falco questions because he is my main and I know a thing or two:

A) SHFFL= Short Hop Fast Fall L-cancel. Basically used for A aerials and quick recovery. (Not saying you don't know this already so please don't be offended if you do, I'm just using this to compare) You don't really need to do this for Falco's laser. You need to SHL= Short Hop Laser. It's the same principle except without the Lcancel since there's no need. What I like to do is get a rhythm down first. I take a short hop, immediately fire my laser, then quickly press down to fast fall. It takes a while to get the hang of it but once you learn how to do it it becomes second nature (much like wavedashing). Don't be discouraged if you're shooting over your target's head, just stop for a second, regroup, try again. That's getting your rhythm.

B) Shine is your reflector. Get right on top of your opponent and reflect. I'm pretty sure it's the fastest attack in the game. Once you master this, look up "pillaring". (Once again, don't be offended if you already know this stuff, just trying to explain things in the easiest way possible.)

Red Exodus

Smash Master
To get better assistance with wobbling go to the ICs forum, it's bett erthan ask people who don't play ICs.

Basically, wobbling is an infinite. It has little knockback, so you can do it a lot without stopping at the edge, actually you can probably wobble someone on 1 of yoshi story's platforms and get them high enough for an easy KO.

Anyway, you have to grab the person, beat 'em by pressing A, and when you think the person is gonna break the grab Dthrow them- but just before that make Nana do a shffled D-air by using X/Y and the C-stick. Rinse and repeat and you have wobbling.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I'm almost positive wobbling refers to the infinite grab using popo's jab and nana's ftilt, and not the down throw dair infinite.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
the wobble is a grab technique where you grab the oppoenent with the ics, then alternate the headbutt with popo and the f-tilt with nana. with good enough timing its impossible to escape.

edit: oops everyone beat me to it. anyway that one that red exodus mentioned is a chain grab, where the wobble is an infinite. (although im pretty sure the cg can go on forever too...)

Tyson651

Smash Lord
yes, wobbling is only for ice climbers, since theres two of them which makes the infinite.

during team battles u can do the same effect but it needs to be 2 vs 1 and having 1 grab the last opponent, and 1 doing a multi jab kind of attack, such as sheik, falcon, kirby etc. people like marth or mario cant do any multi jab so ya.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Opps, I swore that was wobbling, I saw it in a vid so I assumed it was wobbling because the person couldn't get out. It's insane that there's another infinite with ICs.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I think MLG bans the freeze infinite but not wobbling, even though they're both infinites. I think the freeze infinite is supposed to be 'more impossible' to get out of then wobbling, I don't know anything else about the freze infinite though...

petre

Smash Lord
you mean the freeze glitch? thats banned from all tourneys. simply because of how easy you can pull it off, and afterwards your opponent is completely frozen, cant do anything at all (except smash DI attacks to float around...), and you can go do whatever until you feel like getting them out.

the wobble is only impossible to escape if the grab is started correctly in the first place and then if the ic's have near perfect timing with the alternating attacks. otherwise you can break free from the grab. it was never banned before in tourneys because nobody used it, so it wasnt a problem. recently, however, someone won a tourney using alot of wobbling, so debates have been going on about wether or not to ban it permanently like the freeze glitch. some tourneys are beginning to ban it already.

the last one, the cg, i dont believe is banned from most tourneys, because it's considered a chain grab, and if they banned that then they would have to ban all cg's. im not positive on this one though.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Tournies sure do have a lot of problems, first items, then stages, then controller mods, now cging and wobbling. I wouldn't wanna be a tourny holder right now =/

petre

Smash Lord
haha, next up...ok, you can only be fox. we dont want to have the game unbalanced! oh, and only FD. the other levels arent balanced. and you will play 40 4-stock matches, to make sure you get accurate results. also, you must make sure at least 10 are in winter, 10 in spring, 10 in summer, and 10 in the fall, just to make sure youre not getting an advantage from the weather. oh, and dont forget, each player will eat lunch exactly 30 minutes before the start of each match. this is to keep players from complaining about being hungry during the match.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
a question about shuffling... do you ever get a rhythym with it... meaning a bad one. like im making falco a secondary. and im getting good at the shl and the pillar. but when i d-air i press l to quickly because of how a previous attempt went that didn't actually hit the opponent. so i ended up reaching the floor alot quicker.... if you press l more than once during a shffl can you still complete the l-cancel. like you press it to early but then press it right on time?

petre

Smash Lord
no, if you press it early then again timed correctly you wont l-cancel. try just watching your character, and press l right before you hit the ground, not worrying about timing in relation to other button presses (this is how i got good at l-cancelling). you just have to practice, until you have the timings memorized.

RICO SUAVE

Smash Rookie
Tournies sure do have a lot of problems, first items, then stages, then controller mods, now cging and wobbling. I wouldn't wanna be a tourny holder right now =/
What kind of controller modifications are you talking about? My old roommate "modded" his controller and all he did was replace the standard yellow C-Stick for a Control Stick and painted it, neither of which I could see being incredibly useful for competetive play.

As for a question, does L canceling work the same way teching does where if has 20 frames of opportunity to do it or is it more limited than that?

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe teching(not too knowledgable about it)has about little over half of 20 (example)to do it...It's a little different...

petre

Smash Lord
IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY:with teching, once you press l once to tech, you cant tech again for another 40 frames...any time you press l within that period it will do nothing. you have 20 frames before hitting a surface to press l to tech. hitlag will take up part of this 20 frames if they overlap, and if you press l during the hitlag it will not work. so if youre flying into the ground from a spike that has a 10 frame hitlag, and it takes 5 frames to reach the ground, then you can press l either in the 5 frames before the hit or in the 5 frames after the hitlag. otherwise you wont tech.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
You can actually press L during the hitlag but it has to be on the last frame of the hitlag to get the tech.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Basically to do a bomb jump you need to be holding the bomb for a few seconds BEFORE you get smashed off the course, so basically you need to know you're about to get your butt handed to you in advance. That's the way I know how, i've never been able to pull it off myself but that's what I know it as. If there's someone who knows another way to do it, I think I'd like to know as well.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
What kind of controller modifications are you talking about? My old roommate "modded" his controller and all he did was replace the standard yellow C-Stick for a Control Stick and painted it, neither of which I could see being incredibly useful for competetive play.
As in changing the triggers or buttons so moves come out easier, like in that thread about modifying triggers for easier wavedashing and powershielding.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Basically to do a bomb jump you need to be holding the bomb for a few seconds BEFORE you get smashed off the course, so basically you need to know you're about to get your butt handed to you in advance. That's the way I know how, i've never been able to pull it off myself but that's what I know it as. If there's someone who knows another way to do it, I think I'd like to know as well.
That's the only way I know as well... The only other way I could think of is already being smashed take it out(if your high up) jump, then UP B... It then will explode and you can do it again... Hard to pull off, but should work!

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I don't know if this was just implied in your original explanation, but bomb jumping with Link is where you pull out the bomb, throw it up, and do your up b into the bomb, making the bomb explode, and doing a second up b after being hit by the bomb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom