• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "I need help with ___"

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Marth has some good short hop techniques, Roy basically is the same but not as good (if that's what you mean). Both of their short hop Nair is good to get your opponents off the ground. And look into something called the Ken Combo. Marth is able to Fair twice in his short hop, imagine taking your opponent across the board, unable to move because you won't let them. It's a great combo and deadly to boot, ending it off with a B or a spike is the best way to clean up.

eclipse4227

Smash Rookie
o i have some more left as well: power shielder, celebi catcher, no-damage clear, very-hard clear, crazy hand KO, and giga Bowser KO. But i understand those. also havent put much time into them (crazy hand or giga lol)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
There's a way to get "Power Shielder" really easily. I think it went like this: Two human players, face the characters next to each other facing each other, hit the A button with one controller and start with the other, hold R with the controller that hit start and unpause the game. You should get it.

You can also do "All Air" and "All Ground" with 2 players. just set the lives to about 2, and then only do only ground moves to kill your opponent. Don't kill them without roughing them up a bit or it won't work. Then do the same thing and only use aerial moves. It's really not hard. You could also probably do this with a level 1 computer opponent. Just be sure to NOT use ANY aerials while going for "All Ground" and be sure NOT to use ANY ground attacks while going for "All Air".

Tyson651

Smash Lord
actually, the light shield lasts longer in terms of waiting in it.

u also get pushed farther i think, if ur using light shield. (not too sure about this)

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Yoshi slides [really far] in his light shield but I don't light shield too often so I don't know.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Lightshields are also more useful for mindgames. Plus they are a must against edge guarding Marth.

itsneverfair

Smash Cadet
so the parts of the char not covered by the regular shield can be directly attakced even when the shield is up?

itsneverfair

Smash Cadet
how does that work? like if the atk only hits the uncovered parts?
If the atk hits both the uncovered parts and the shield does the shielder still take the hit?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
If you hit someone's, say, foot, chances are you hit them.

What do you mean by "breaks through the shield?" You mean shield break or shield stab?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I think he means shield stab. I can't remember extactly what happenes but I think the shield still protects you.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
it depends, the longer or the more abuse ur shield is being used/taken, the smaller ur shield will become. as it gets smaller, more of ur character's body parts, preferbably head and feet, will be sticking out of the shield, if u happen to hit those areas, its pretty much hitting him as if he had no shield.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Unless you shield break your opponents move (turning the shield on as soon as they attack so it makes that "KWUH" sound) to stop their action, the move will carry on undistrubed. If at any point in the attack that contact is made with a opening in the shield, you will be hit.
You're referring to powershielding. Shield break is when you run out of shield and become dazed and red because you either held your shield too long or an opponent's hit completely destroyed your shield without shield poking you.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
I REALLY need help with this matchup. please help.

Please don't take me for a noob when i ask this, because i have played the game for a few years now ( although admittedly the year before it wasn't really as serious). But what i really need from you guys here is a help with my Marth against Captain Falcoln. I've went and saw the matchup guide and Carter12's marth guide, so i know that stuff already. I was hoping anyone can get into more detail with aproaches, defending, and countering the aerials of CF with Marth. That charater kills me more than the others. any help would be appreciated, and please go into as much detail as you think needed.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
N-airs and F-airs are Marths best aerial moves. You can f-air twice in a short hop so it's good for protecting yourself. I wouldn't adivse you to go aerial too long though, it's already easy enough a good Falcon player to knee you while you're on the ground. Try chain throwing Falcon too, he's a fastfaller so it's easier.

You best advantage over Falcon is your disjointed hitbox. When he's coming back to the stage he should be an easy target since Falcon's recovery sucks so take advantage of that. I haven't played a good Falcon player recently so this is just a theory.

Mindphazzer

Smash Apprentice
I need some help or advice on Jump Cancel Shining. I hear it's not really needed and has really no purpose but I think it's pretty cool. My problem is that I can do it only about twice then I like short hop shine. I need help on how to do it with both Fox and Falco.

Thanks!

Red Exodus

Smash Master
You have to jump out of the shine in the first couple of frames, if you try to jump too late it won't work.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Is there advice for S jumping with Fox. I use Falco as my main, but Fox is my second and I have troubles with his short jump, but not Falco's.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Same thing that Red Exodus said goes for both Falco and Fox equally. Just hit jump in the first few frames or it won't work. It's really not as hard as it sounds. And yes there is a pretty good purpose to it. If you just shine, you have to go through the whole lag of turning your reflector off, but if you shine jump cancel you don't have to wait and can be on the offensive immediately as opposed to hoping your opponent doesn't come back to catch your massive opening.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'm not sure what he means by S jumping. If he means shine jumping then Dyce sumed it up pretty well. If he means short hopping/jumping then I don't have any advice, Fox is hard to short hop with, you need lots of practice.

itsneverfair

Smash Cadet
Same thing that Red Exodus said goes for both Falco and Fox equally. Just hit jump in the first few frames or it won't work. It's really not as hard as it sounds. And yes there is a pretty good purpose to it. If you just shine, you have to go through the whole lag of turning your reflector off, but if you shine jump cancel you don't have to wait and can be on the offensive immediately as opposed to hoping your opponent doesn't come back to catch your massive opening.

do you mean in the air or on the ground? can you shine jump in teh first few frames on teh ground?

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
N-airs and F-airs are Marths best aerial moves. You can f-air twice in a short hop so it's good for protecting yourself. I wouldn't adivse you to go aerial too long though, it's already easy enough a good Falcon player to knee you while you're on the ground. Try chain throwing Falcon too, he's a fastfaller so it's easier.

You best advantage over Falcon is your disjointed hitbox. When he's coming back to the stage he should be an easy target since Falcon's recovery sucks so take advantage of that. I haven't played a good Falcon player recently so this is just a theory.

i need to disagree a bit on the throwing, or maybe i am doing it wrong. I toss him upwards, but it usually doesn't amount to anything, as he is sent high enough to escape, it seems to me. what is the best way to chainthrow a CF with Marth?

.and oh yeah this guys CF that im talking about in particular is really good, dashdancing maniac. so, i guess my next question is how to approach/defend against such a thing.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
As I said, I've never played a good Falcon, I assume one can be chain throwed at lower percentages because he's a fast faller.

As for dash dancing, my best advice would be to avoid extremely laggy moves, F-smashes, counters anything of that sort. Your fastest move is probably your f-air but you'd risk getting kneed. Check the Marth forum for more specific help.

jim0001

Smash Rookie
Action replay usage

Hey, i just got Action Replay (not max) and it has no code generator.. Anyone know what i'm doing wrong? Not sure if this is in the right thread, but i do need help with it...

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
question on l -cancelling. do you have to attack to l-cancel. if you full jump and land, the only option is wavelanding correct?

2nd question... if you do, lets say two full jobs, an air attack. and the attack animation is well over finished by the time you are landing.... can this be l-canceled or no? thanks.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
1st - to l-cancel, it is to reduce the lag frames of an "A" aerial.

when doing a full jump to land, there is no lag when u touch the ground, u can waveland, to make ur character move left or right, but otherwise it isnt l-cancelling.

2nd - if it is finished, then u its just like falling on the ground with no lag, if u were to press L before u touch the ground, it would result in air dodge, wavelanding, or shielding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom