• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "I need help with ___"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I tend to have a losing matchup against a Fox here, using Peach... his drill-shine combos rack percentage up fast, and pretty much any of Fox's moves involving the word "up" spells death for Peach at 100%.

So, two specific questions. First, I recently figured out SDI and found that it can be used to break out of a drill-shine. Should I SDI toward Fox, or away? Also, should I be SDIing the drill hits, or just the shine?

Second, what's to be done against Fox's uair? I think there's supposed to be a way to avoid the strong hit with SDI, but I haven't gotten the chance to figure out which direction that should be in.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
i have no clue for the drillshine, but for the uair, its better to DI behind fox when he does his uair, however, if ur really high percentage and that even with DI ur character will die, to SDI it, u smash it up for the first hit, so ur out of the range and the 2nd hit wont touch u. this only works if his feet are on u, if his body is pretty much in u, ur SDI wont get u up and away far enough to avoid the 2nd hit.

edit: some tips for trying to get out of drillshining could be:

1. if his drill is hitting u, i think u can crouch cancel and try to dsmash it, i never actually tried this technique, but it could work, otherwise u could just try and hold ur shield, or crouch cancel to grab, it only works if he misses his l-cancel.

2. if his drill is hitting ur shield, ur best option is to just roll away, if hes not very good at l-cancelling, u can attempt to shield grab, but its somewhat risky, especially for peach.

I

i8waffles612

Ok I have seen a lot of computers doing this... and i dont know how:

Whether it is with Link, Samus, Fox etc, they put up like a sheild that reflects stuff and sends whatever has been thrown at them back to the person who tried to attack them...

Do you know how to do this??

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
Ok I have seen a lot of computers doing this... and i dont know how:

Whether it is with Link, Samus, Fox etc, they put up like a sheild that reflects stuff and sends whatever has been thrown at them back to the person who tried to attack them...

Do you know how to do this??
Thats something computer can only do, players can do it but you will need to have the most perfect timing in the world to do this.

MuseLives

Smash Journeyman
Enjoying some leisurely chaos...in New Jersey
oh alright thanks.. so you just press L or R at the right moment??
Yeah, to powershield just hit l or r like RIGHT before a projectile or attack hits you and it'll be deflected. It needs good timing, but isn't THAT difficult if you focus all your concentration on it. It's still not going to be something you can rely on doing 100% in a match though.

I

i8waffles612

Thanks =). I can still use falco and fox though and do their Down B move lol

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I owned my friend when he reflected my charge blast [as Samus].

I shot at him and dashed into a jump, he reflected and lagged, then I dair-ed him, dropped a few bombs, grabbed him, bthrowed him off the stage and edgehogged.

Anyway, you have to shield at the exact frame the attack is going to hit, the AI does it a lot.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
No, you shield approx. five frames before you will be hit, because hat is generally how long it takes for a shield to come out.

Yoshi's shield is an exemption, it comes out slightly faster. With this, you can duck most projectile, then shield when the projectile is right above you.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
No, you shield approx. five frames before you will be hit, because hat is generally how long it takes for a shield to come out.

Yoshi's shield is an exemption, it comes out slightly faster. With this, you can duck most projectile, then shield when the projectile is right above you.
actually, it comes out the frame you press l or r, iirc. ill check for sure tommorow. action replay ftw!!!!

anyway, you have to press l or r the exact frame that the attack would have hit you had you not shielded.

tshahi10

Smash Ace
Thats something computer can only do, players can do it but you will need to have the most perfect timing in the world to do this.
i tried power shielding with falco lasers. after extreme concentration i can get one out of five. useless in a match though.

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
Sorry if this is asked but how the hell do you wall tech and what are the best ways to do it? I managed to accidentally do it on Ken today but that was it. I'm completely stumped

tshahi10

Smash Ace
Sorry if this is asked but how the hell do you wall tech and what are the best ways to do it? I managed to accidentally do it on Ken today but that was it. I'm completely stumped

wall tech is when you press l/r on a wall and you .......tech instead of getting knocked far away.
A similar version is the edge tech which is probably more common

Also if you tap up as you tech, you will do a jump that looks striking similar to a wall jump.
Try bombing a wall right next to you with link while jumping and wall tech

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Try the Marth forum, I kinda new to playing Smash this intensly and it's hard when I don't have a GC to play on anymore =(

I think I heard someone say watch out for Peaches chain throws as marth or something like that.

yugiah

Smash Rookie
hey, anyone wanna tell me how to use the Global data edit on the debug menu, and whats so good about it? cause i heard u can make it rain tingles with it O_o

P.S i searched this on almost every search engine possible so i joined s. boards to ask, please help me :"(

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Yes, but you must set the type to "DEVELOP." Then, when you begin play, you can scroll through a list of items with R + D-Pad Left or Right. Then spawn that item with D-Pad Down.

Note: Tingles will only work on the beta stage or where they originate from, Great Bay.

yugiah

Smash Rookie
dude, tht doesn't work, if u do tht it makes the characters into collision bubles, even if it is on "develop"

also, i think you meant to say L+d pad left or right chooses the item, is tingle one of them?

eclipse4227

Smash Rookie
i need some help with these end of level bonuses: all ground, all aerial, all on one, all variations, flying meteor, lethal weapon, meteor master, climatic clash, and twinkle toes. any help would be great. thanks.

I

i8waffles612

Roy and Marth help....

How do you do the crazy Smash-B combos with Marth and Roy?:confused: :confused:

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
@ i8waffles612:
You really can't button mash your heart out on this. I tried and got so frustrated countless times before I realized that theres rhythms to it. What you need to do is set a tempo, every button input should be spaced just about the same amount of time apart.
This is hard to explain through text but I'll try to show you:
...=1/2 second
x=1/4 second
i=a few frames (estimated about, oh say, 2?)

>B...B...B...B = that'll get you a slow and mostly accurate successful completion
>BxBxBxB= an average speed for getting the move you need to connect at the right time
>BiBiBiB= a quick attack for getting anything out at your opponent as soon as possible

Practice,Practice,Practice

I

i8waffles612

@ i8waffles612:
You really can't button mash your heart out on this. I tried and got so frustrated countless times before I realized that theres rhythms to it. What you need to do is set a tempo, every button input should be spaced just about the same amount of time apart.
This is hard to explain through text but I'll try to show you:
...=1/2 second
x=1/4 second
i=a few frames (estimated about, oh say, 2?)

>B...B...B...B = that'll get you a slow and mostly accurate successful completion
>BxBxBxB= an average speed for getting the move you need to connect at the right time
>BiBiBiB= a quick attack for getting anything out at your opponent as soon as possible

Practice,Practice,Practice
Alright, i think I pretty much understand. Thanks!. It seems hard but I will practice.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Yeah, it's possible to master it in under 10 minutes. The best use of the side B is to recover. Just use the first slash [NOT THE WHOLE COMBO, YOU WILL SD!] once or twice, maybe 3 times depending on how far you are from the stage.

Otherwise, the side B is pretty easy predict and dodge since yu can't change direction.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
The first slash of the side B is beneficial up to four times. After that you'll hurt your recovery by using it.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Pressing B fast will not do anything. You must time your B's so they occur at the end of the previous B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom