• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "I need help with ___"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

i8waffles612

so correct me if i am wrong: wavedashing only works with people who slide. so like u run and when you jump u quickly airblock back to the ground and u continue running? am i right?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
so correct me if i am wrong: wavedashing only works with people who slide. so like u run and when you jump u quickly airblock back to the ground and u continue running? am i right?
Basically any character can wavedash, some better than other. I believe there's a list gives you a ranking from most distance to least distance gained from each individual character's wavedash. What you do is do a shorthop, but right when you leave the ground, airdodge diagonally towards the ground. You should notice your character will slide a bit and a cloud will puff up under their feet. It takes a bit of practice. If you want to perfect it, take Luigi, the best wavedasher, to training mode on a course with a long and flat platform. Final Destination would be the best. If I didn't help you can easily find some instructional vidoes on youtube.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Wavedashing is hard until you learn how to do it right. I had problems, but learned in about 3 days of practice. Start by just holding down, and timing the jump with the dodge so you basically end up seeing your character crouch. continuously do that until you can get the timing down.

Then, go to something like Corneria or Temple, go to a level with a slope. Try to wavedash up the slope, it basically gives you a perfect wavedash. After you've gotten the quick jolt of the direction, try doing it on a flat slope like Final Destination or Battlefield. Once you've got those down you can continue on with the nifty tricks

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Thanks Dyce and Tyson, I was wondering how to do that for a while now, I just never got around to figuring it out. You helped me out a lot :)

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Wavedashing, unlike rolling, allows you to face the same direction while moving forward or backward, and it has less lag than rolling. Wavedashing can be done into and out of moves with little lag to create space between your opponent.

Watch a few vids to see how useful it is.Better yet, watch one of Phanna's vids on youtube to see what wonders wavedashing does for his samus [I'll try to get a link].

Here's a vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X0IZyDCKxQ

LiQViD

Smash Cadet
Thanks for your responces to my previous qusetion. Now I have another.

In many videos of really good Falco players that I've seen, if the falco player is hanging on the ledge, they often will drop down, jump up and shoot two lasers at near ground level (both shots are at the same height and would hit a standing jigglypuff in the forehead). It looks to be like a really useful way to get up from a ledge since it does damage to your opponent and stuns them. Anyway, I've tried to be able to do it but I always either get only one shot off, or I get two, but one of them is way to high.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to be able to do this? Is there a specific distance that falco needs to fall before jumping to be able to get the right height/timing? Should I be pressing back instead of down while on the ledge? Etc. or is it just a matter of pressing b quicker?
Thanks in advance.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
l canceling. i understand it with young link. i even watch a vid to make sure im l canceling with fox. problem is im using peach. i know how to float cancel. but say i do two full jumps dont float neutral a. and i have to land. this can be l - canceled? you press l right before or as you hit the ground. any more tips on it? i try but its hard to tell the difference. i barely see peaches lag iono.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Well it depends on who your best is. I use Falco and Marth and beat any hard 1p mode (excluding Allstar) with 5 lives and no continues. I use Falco because he is my best and Marth because I like him but he's not one of my best but he has a very long reach and he's fairly fast. Oh, and because computers fall for counters about 95% of the time.

Kyo

Smash Cadet
l canceling. i understand it with young link. i even watch a vid to make sure im l canceling with fox. problem is im using peach. i know how to float cancel. but say i do two full jumps dont float neutral a. and i have to land. this can be l - canceled? you press l right before or as you hit the ground. any more tips on it? i try but its hard to tell the difference. i barely see peaches lag iono.
No, L-canceled is using L, R, or Z to reduce your frame in a landing animation from an air move. It is pretty hard to tell if you are L-cancelling because your not ending all of your landing animation, but reducing by half. Some landing animation without L-cancelling is not that long, so you would sometime have go to training mode, and observe carefully testing both air moves with and without L-cancelling, and try to combo to see the results.

Samael_78

Smash Journeyman
i have trouble dropping through platforms while still maintaining an offense, like attacking after falling through a platform. it might be that im not the best at coordinating my fingers around on the controller but i would like a second opinion.

LiQViD

Smash Cadet
Can anyone comment on my previous question please?

In many videos of really good Falco players that I've seen, if the falco player is hanging on the ledge, they often will drop down, jump up and shoot two lasers at near ground level (both shots are at the same height and would hit a standing jigglypuff in the forehead). It looks to be like a really useful way to get up from a ledge since it does damage to your opponent and stuns them. Anyway, I've tried to be able to do it but I always either get only one shot off, or I get two, but one of them is way to high.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to be able to do this? Is there a specific distance that falco needs to fall before jumping to be able to get the right height/timing? Should I be pressing back instead of down while on the ledge? Etc. or is it just a matter of pressing b quicker?
Thanks in advance.

phamuraix

Smash Rookie
Is wavelanding just wavedashing once you get to the ground after jumping? I'm not entirely sure how to do it after seeing it.

Also, is there anyway to chaingrab Fox or Falco?

A5modeu5

Smash Cadet
@LiQViD:
Big R wrote :
just tap down, tap up and press bb right after u get your hand out of the up position on the control stick. if you up b u need to move your thumb off the control stick faster, if you only get 1 laser out, you need to press b faster. i used to get 2 lasers out uneven, so i would practice just getting lasers out, then try and make them both low and even. but that's just me.

@phamuraix:
first: wavelanding is only the airdodge into the ground at the end of the jump before you hit the ground

second: upthrow with marth or doc......but tell me what character u use

@samael 78:
press down to fall trough the platform and use the c-stick to use arial attacks.
It is much easier with the c-stick.

hope that helped

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I was wondering if anyone knows if you could L-cancel with fox or falco to make a
continuous reflector shield...

if you could, how do you do it?

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
on very hard adventure, I can beat it, but any advice for the pokemon team (I die at least 1 time on it all the time)
By the way, I use Falco.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
on very hard adventure, I can beat it, but any advice for the pokemon team (I die at least 1 time on it all the time)
By the way, I use Falco.
you can run away and spam lasers. remember, theyre computers, theyll walk into your smashes.

also how do i get to change from being a smash n00b?
when you are deemed worthy of upgrading. dont triple post.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Your rank is based on how many posts you have....but like petre said don't go about doing it by triple posting.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
If think if you wavedash downwards [spot waedashing] you can probably get shines to come out faster since it's like JCing the shine without leaving the ground.

I

i8waffles612

Wavedashing is kinda cool... but i barely use it....

its fun to wavedash on the spaceship in Fourside =)

I

i8waffles612

I agree.(Do it with Luigi)
By the way, how do you get those pic's under your message..?
You edit your signature... but i resize the pictures.... there are more in my profile

I

i8waffles612

lol. click User CP, then click edit signature on the left. U have to put
again some pictures are too big so try resizing them....

I get pictures of the interent, save them, go to resize2mail.com and put 75% smaller, then i save that image, then go to tinypic.com, and upload that 2nd image you saved, and then copy and paste the image code.

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
Oh jeez, I'm a nubcake.... x)

I've recently been trying to implement WDing into my game, but there's been a problem. I think I know why, but after I do a WD, I see my shield for a couple of frames. Now I know that I need to work on how fast I do it, but is the shield thing a matter of speed, or am I pressing something wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom