• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "I need help with ___"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
I play Fox as a main, Falcon and Yoshi as alts. I can wave dash with all 3, tech, and wall jump. (not Yoshi of course) I shine. But ssffling has gotten my attention. I can't do it. It's hard for me to combo or shffl. I can short hop, fast fall, and l-cancle (if I remember). So how should I work on these.

I can do very weak combos,
I can't shffl,
and I can't remember to l-cancle.

Help.
Same problem here...
dont expect to be able to shffl attacks fluently very easily, it takes a lot of time and practice in compared to wavedashing, or wall jumping.

just go step by step, since u kno how to short hop, fast fall, and l-cancel, it shouldnt be a problem though.

just go into training, and work on ur neutral air, preferbably not, fox, maybe falcon, but its cause fox is hard to short hop with, so it doesnt help very much, and falcons shffl nair has a different timing because u want both kicks to go in before u land. so i would advise to practice ur shffl nairs, then switch to dairs, then uairs, then go to fairs and bairs (the moving shffls) just do the stationary, on the spot shffls first.

Jujumasta

Smash Journeyman
As Tyson said, training mode is great for practicing these moves. you can also consider getting the feel for shffling down by using characters who can short hop more easily, such as ganon. if you use ganon, practice shffling his fairs or bairs first.
try to play with l-cancelling always in your mind. say it while you play! :laugh:
btw StarLord, when you mentioned weak combos, did you mean not enough hits or did you mean not enough damage racked up?

cHioNg_671

Smash Cadet
need help with Super Wave Dash with Samus....because i dont get the frames when to press left to righ t or vise versa....so plz help me!!!!

Tyson651

Smash Lord
need help with Super Wave Dash with Samus....because i dont get the frames when to press left to righ t or vise versa....so plz help me!!!!
i have answered this question previously in this SAME thread.

you people kno, ur suppose to use the search function or give a visit in character specifics before asking a question, its just if u cant find an answer, then u post here.

refer a few pages back to see my post.

Evan-(Harm)

Smash Cadet
HELP!!! i am a very expierenced samus player but i am having a miserable time playing peach, it seems like the only thing that works is double and triple missle canceling but that cant win me the game.......that miserable down smash of hers does like 50 damage even if i dont croutch cancel!!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
xD i enjoy my noob posts at the beginning at this thread. i got +repped for one of them ROFL.

to evan: yes, samus vs peach can potentially be a difficult matchup for samus. i can see why you're having trouble... that match is a complete matter of mindgames. keep up the spamming and use fast and high priority moves (such as dsmash, fsmash, ftilt) that keep her at bay. priority and mindgames are the key. peach doesn't have a good way to kill samus and vice versa, so learn to live long and maximize damage. make good use of bombs.

a fantastic desperado move for float cancel spammers is the screw attack. invincibility frames ftw :)

crazyboy1

Smash Rookie
can someone help me with event 31. For some reason i always fail everyy timeeeee even though i have a higher score than mario and luigi at the end... :confused:

God_Voice

Smash Apprentice
I've done this by accident but want to know how to do it on purpose...

Changing the direction you face in air without forward b.

Doing the move with samus where he puts his foot way in the air and slams it down. (I think its called up tilt but i don't know what that means.)

Please help.

Razed

Smash Ace
EDIT: @Harm:

Well this is what I do vs any player I'm having trouble with [(me being samus) on FD]:

Double Missiles, SWD (super wavedash) to other side of FD, spam more double missiles (more charged beam too) and repeat till my opponent is at a decent %. Then when they arent expecting it, run in and catch them with a Nair or Bair.

Cheap, but it works for me. I've never played a good peach though =S. Good luck!

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
crazyboy1 said:
can someone help me with event 31. For some reason i always fail everyy timeeeee even though i have a higher score than mario and luigi at the end...
cheap tactics: use pikachu, wait by one of the edges, and back throw them off. works wonderfully.

God Voice said:
I've done this by accident but want to know how to do it on purpose...

Changing the direction you face in air without forward b.

Doing the move with samus where he puts his foot way in the air and slams it down. (I think its called up tilt but i don't know what that means.)

Please help.
you can press one direction while falling, then let go of the control stick and do a neutral b (charge shot for samus). youll turn whichever direction you pressed and fire a shot.

up tilt simply means hold the control stick up slightly (if you jump you pressed it too fast/too much) and press a.

dudeeeeeeee said:
How do I l cancel.i want to learn how to shffl too but l canceling is first
press L, R or Z the instant you hit the ground during an arieal attack (or a split second before).

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Correct me if im wrong, but if you press up on the analog stick before you do a grab; doesnt that cut out some of the recovery lag after the throw?

Tyson651

Smash Lord
yes, thats jump cancelling a dash grab, what it does is it cancels ur dash, and pretty much makes u do a standing grab.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I tried to JC today, I got it done a few times but I need to practice, but I can't. Read my sig for the reason why I can't.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
i was sorta wondering about that too, but that's not what im talkin about; unless it has the same end result.

What im talkin about is like, isnt there a way to do that and it cuts the recovery time AFTER the throw, so that you can follow up faster?

What you're telling me is how to cut down the actual grab frames (which is pretty nifty, i've never figured out how to do it)

Tyson651

Smash Lord
i was sorta wondering about that too, but that's not what im talkin about; unless it has the same end result.

What im talkin about is like, isnt there a way to do that and it cuts the recovery time AFTER the throw, so that you can follow up faster?

What you're telling me is how to cut down the actual grab frames (which is pretty nifty, i've never figured out how to do it)
standing grabs are always faster and has less lag, for all chars, except i think link, young link, and samus (samus' dash grab is faster, but a smaller range than the standing grab)

frames, i think its around 5-15 frames faster, depending on the character, but thats just a rough estimate.

Hey. I want to know how you guys JC shine with Falco, because it seems like its essential to Falco players, like Pillaring, Dair spammage, the shine, and such
to JC a shine, u jump out of it as soon as it flashes up, if u do it too slow, ur character will have the shine lag, and it will stay in there for a period of time.

wavedashing also has jumping, so wavedashing and jumping can both JC a shine.

the things u listed is just pretty much shffl'ing a dair, with a shine at the end, and either wavedashing out of the shine or short hopping out again and shffl'ing a dair after, and so on.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Can you JC with any jump? As in second jump or normal jump off the ground. I can cancel my Fox's shine by using the second jump [I normlay shine in the air] but I can't seem to do it off the ground.

P.S. how do you guys short hop? I press the X button but I normally do a full jump even if I barely press it, maybe it's my controller..

Tyson651

Smash Lord
yes u can.

and no its not ur controller, its cause fox is very hard to short hop with, if u tried with ganon, or bowser, it would be a lot easier.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Wow thanks, I was starting to think that I was a doing something wrong, I guess I'll try the short hop with one of those characters then.

Razgriz

Smash Journeyman
How do you quote two people in a single post? I click on the multiquote, and it turns yellow... and nothing happens. I tried turning it yellow and clicking on quote... and nothing happens. I don't get it.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
multiquote the people u like, then click "add reply" on the bottom left, parallel across from the page number selection.

Razgriz

Smash Journeyman
Man I'm glad this thread exists. I was getting pissed off at people flaming me for making threads to ask questions. Anyway, how do you smash DI? Does it incorporate the c-stick? Is there a guide to smash DI somewhere? I ran a search on smashboards and nothing turned up... I'm wondering if it's just a novelty in action replay, or if it actualy has practical uses in competitive play.

petre

Smash Lord
I need help with avatars. I truelly hate the avatars, I want to make my own. How do I do it?
you get premium membership.

Man I'm glad this thread exists. I was getting pissed off at people flaming me for making threads to ask questions. Anyway, how do you smash DI? Does it incorporate the c-stick? Is there a guide to smash DI somewhere? I ran a search on smashboards and nothing turned up... I'm wondering if it's just a novelty in action replay, or if it actualy has practical uses in competitive play.
click me!<-do it!

I cant do the u-tilt without jumping accidentally.
press up softer, too fast and you will jump. try holding up before you land if you plan on doing a utilt right away.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
u cant add rep anymore since the moderators have taken it off, i think due to the great amount of abusing the system.

petre

Smash Lord
Thx Petre for being a generaly helpful guy. :)
I would add to ur rep... Except I don't know how. How do you add to somebody's rep?
thanks...i try. sometimes.

and yeah like ^he^ already said rep is no longer existent, except for in memory...i never got a chance to use it either, im wishfully hoping it will come back (probably close to the chance that mario isnt in brawl, but whatever...). oh well.

Razgriz

Smash Journeyman
Man this is a useful thread. I have yet another question. I keep seeing people put pictures in their posts. I tried copying and pasting.... and nothing happened. I clicked on "insert image" and it asked me for a url. I don't want to import a picture from the internet. I want to use pictures such as pictures of the character matchup chart or screenshots or modified controlers, etc. which I have saved to my documents. How do I put those pictures in my posts?

petre

Smash Lord
Man this is a useful thread. I have yet another question. I keep seeing people put pictures in their posts. I tried copying and pasting.... and nothing happened. I clicked on "insert image" and it asked me for a url. I don't want to import a picture from the internet. I want to use pictures such as pictures of the character matchup chart or screenshots or modified controlers, etc. which I have saved to my documents. How do I put those pictures in my posts?
go to this site. you can upload your own pics there, and it will give you the url to paste here.

i have a question too...when people ask the 'how do i wavedash' every 10 minutes or whatever, sometimes i notice the people's replies state 'short-hop then airdodge into the ground'...does it make a difference if you tap the button for a shorthop or hold it as if you were going to full jump, since you never leave the ground? i wouldnt think it would make a difference, but i just want to make sure...since thats what 90% of the replies look like...

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I think it doesn't matter, you skip the jump animation anyway so I doubt it would make adifference, unless, of course, you missed the airdodge.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
there is no difference in using full/sh jumps. when u air dodge, theres no difference between them anyway.

Razgriz

Smash Journeyman
Sooooooo.... Ya it's Razgriz once again. I've want to record matches of My friends and I on Melee and stick 'em on youtube. Some matches are just too incredible to fade away into obscurity. What do I have to do/buy to make this happen? (Note: I'm not incredibly computer savy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom