• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "I need help with ___"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itakio

Smash Journeyman
Link Superjump

I can't seem to pull off link's superjump... Can someone explain it step by step?

iToXic

Smash Rookie
how to beat the 100 man melee.
I just started playing again, and cant manage to do this.
and tips/ways to make it easier would help

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
Marth and Roy will beat 100-man-melee with little difficulty. Just spam B and forward smash. If they get on a platform above you, upsmash. DK's ground pound also works well. Ness's PK Thunder is a one-hit-KO and if you prioritize which wireframes to hit so none get to you, then it's easy. Link/Young Link have their spin attacks. I've been able to beat 100-man-melee with every character except for Pichu and Ice Climbers, so they all have ways to do it.

What's the most total KO's you guys have on Cruel Melee? Mine is 1.

Itakio

Smash Journeyman
Cruel melee

Well, using Ylink, you can gather them up, make them jump on a lower platform, roll towards the edge, then do a spin attack. They will all drop into it sending them off the stage, leaving one about to grab the edge, which you can dtilt spike. Using this strategy, I only managed to get 5, but some guy got 50+.

I still need some help on my Link Superjump question.

Edit - Also, how do you do a grounded spin attack off the ledge with link?

Double edit - Nevermind, got the ledge thing. That was simple, still need the superjump info though.

Itakio

Smash Journeyman
Well, I think I know my problem. I don't have the right version. now my question is, Is there a way to check what version you have?

DocJay25

Smash Rookie
Sooooooo I've seen videos of Samus doing this extend-o/homing grapple beam thing which I'm sure many of you have seen. I'm just wondering how to do that and I would really appreciate the help. Thanks guys !!!

Doc Jay

King Axel

Smash Apprentice
Is there any easy way to wavedash with Fox? I haven't really tried it yet, but it looks slightly complicated. (Also, if possible, can I find out where to get Smash Bros. Character sprite sheets?)

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Well, I think I know my problem. I don't have the right version. now my question is, Is there a way to check what version you have?
im pretty sure u can check ur disk, around the middle ring on the bottom or something like that, i think it should say the version.

Sooooooo I've seen videos of Samus doing this extend-o/homing grapple beam thing which I'm sure many of you have seen. I'm just wondering how to do that and I would really appreciate the help. Thanks guys !!!

Doc Jay
do a standing grab, then while samus' grab is happening, rotate ur d-pad (the one u use for taunting) i forgot either counter or clockwise, im pretty sure it wont really matter, and press Z repeatedly while the grab is still in motion. u gotta do this about 3 times and it will extend while ur doing it.

Is there any easy way to wavedash with Fox? I haven't really tried it yet, but it looks slightly complicated. (Also, if possible, can I find out where to get Smash Bros. Character sprite sheets?)
not really, everybody's wavedash is the same, except different timings. i believe fox is one of the hardest timings, since he jumps really fast, therefore u have to airdodge towards the ground faster than how u would with any other character.

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord

Doc Jay
This is a very quick combination, so you'll have to do it really fast but it goes:

Z Up Down Up Z, that activates the extended grapple. The extended grapple will be activated for that stock only however, and you'll need to reactivate it when you respawn.
In addition, to grab people, you must now press Z at the moment the beam's tip is on them.

And yes that's UpDownUp on the D-pad.

"How do I wavedash easily with fox?"

Use the X button and the R button. Angle your control stick at, lets say...East by Southeast. Squeeze the grip on your controller to where you press X and immediately after, press R. If you pressed X first, you'll wavedash (or triangle jump if you were too slow). If you press R first, you'll roll. Try it out in training mode on FD or another flat stage.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
"How do I wavedash easily with fox?"

Use the X button and the R button. Angle your control stick at, lets say...East by Southeast. Squeeze the grip on your controller to where you press X and immediately after, press R. If you pressed X first, you'll wavedash (or triangle jump if you were too slow). If you press R first, you'll roll. Try it out in training mode on FD or another flat stage.
im pretty sure he knos already how to wavedash, hes just wondering if there are techniques to make it easier.

DocJay25

Smash Rookie
How do you do the waveshine with Samus and her down + B attack where you skeet across the level ????? i would appreciate the help , thanks guys

Doc Jay

Kyo

Smash Cadet
Do anybody know how to decrease your air stun or how to get out of certain ones.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
How do you do the waveshine with Samus and her down + B attack where you skeet across the level ????? i would appreciate the help , thanks guys

Doc Jay
u do downB then holding 1 direction, u have to flick ur control stick to the other direction in 1 frame, and it has to be when shes transforming from her ball back to her normal form. and btw, its called super wavedash.

Do anybody know how to decrease your air stun or how to get out of certain ones.
its called wiggling, u tap left and right on ur control stick repeatedly, and ur character should recover in the air from the tumbling phase to a upright phase, otherwise u can just use a quick aerial attack to regain ur upright phase.

kgosser

Smash Rookie
I have 3 quick Fox SSB64 questions:

1) Does anyone know the best way to z-cancel in ssb64?

I'm fox, and I try to z-cancel, but I'm really bad at it. I know I should practice more, but I'm to the point now where I bet I'm doing it the wrong way.

2) How can I get better accuracy on my throw-grabs w/Fox? It seems like I go right the people I fight when I dash-grab. Any advice would be sweet.

3) How can I combat Kirby's forward smash effectively with fox? My roommate has been destroying me the past couple months with that move alone.

InFlux

Smash Rookie
Sorry for this basic question, but I've been searching the forums and haven't found any information on chaingrabbing.

How does chaingrabbing work? It's obvious that your target will fly further after a grab at high percentages, but I'm wondering about pulling off a chaingrab at low percents. I'm not really clear on how to do since there are those frames of invincibility after you let them go from a grab. Does the next grab have to come at a certain point? Is it immediately after the previous grab but before the invincibility frames?

I have been able to do it a few times but I'm not seeing any consistency. For example, as Peach I will D-Throw and then try to dash to the side that my target went and grab again, but it just won't land, even if I'm right on top of them. Is there any trick to this?

Tyson651

Smash Lord
i never heard of peach chaingrabbing with dthrow, but peach can with uthrow but its during mid percentages around 50% or so, by estimating.

u can try to chain grab with ganon with dthrow against link or marth, which is easier to do and see.

chaingrabbing is grabbing an opponent, usually along 0% till about 40% with a lot of characters, (marth, fox, ganon, mario, etc.) without the opponent able to get out, its a series of continuation of grabs keeping the opponent airborne and stunned from the grab, which DI is the only way out, until a certain percentage is reached and can be double jumped out of or attacked.

however, even though these characters can do it, it only works on certain characters as well, such as, marth cannot chaingrab mario with uthrow, because mario flies too high and can easily escape it. but marth can chaingrab falco and fox with uthrow, due to their velocity, being a fast faller, which u can re-grab them in mid air, while their stun is still in effect.

if u check some vids of bombsoldier(falco) vs ken(marth), u can see how ken, using marth can make use of chaingrabbing against falco.

i also have never heard of invincibility frames coming in play during chaingrabbing.

InFlux

Smash Rookie
i also have never heard of invincibility frames coming in play during chaingrabbing.
After you throw someone, when they are stunned and flashing aren't they invincible? I can't hit them and I can't grab them again while they're flashing....

Captain Smashie

Smash Apprentice
i think you're letting them hit the ground, then get up.

peah can d-thow foalties like marth at mid percents.
you have to use JC'd (jump-cancelled) grabs.
There is a thread on chaingrabs somewhere. search for it.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
After you throw someone, when they are stunned and flashing aren't they invincible? I can't hit them and I can't grab them again while they're flashing....
ya but when your chaingrabbing, your not suppose to let them touch the ground, so if they hit the ground and are doing the invincible wake up animation, you missed your chaingrab.

Cy Yunga

Smash Cadet
Anyone have tips on how to beat cruel melee? I always die there within the first ten seconds. Is there a good character to use, some strategy...

Tyson651

Smash Lord
How do you Marth's dancing blade techniques?With different variations
first to start the dancing blade move, u use forward B, or backwards B it doesnt matter cause it will turn u around if u do the other way.

then following up with any variation of choice, with either up B, down B or forward B again.

u can follow up with this with 3 moves after the first one, but remember, when u do the dancing blade moves, u have to do it in a rythmatic sequence, so it has to press every 3/4 second or something, not too fast, cause it wont input through, or too slow that it wont continue the dancing blade technique.

Jujumasta

Smash Journeyman
any tips on landing aerials while edgehogging with ganon? also, help on edgeguarding grapplers (i.e. link) with ganon please.

Kyo

Smash Cadet
You can use Gannon 's spike move to sent someone down by jumping off the edge and pushing down A, but is easier to use the C-stick on that situtation.

Kyo

Smash Cadet
Have you ever played with or against a Marth or Roy and use the counter move against a very powerful attack. When the charater is hit, he is sent in the air diagonally across the screen, but instead of moving diagonally whole way you suddenly hit a ceiling which is invisible and you are knock downard.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
i think its just a glitch that happens sometimes when being hit, but happens more often with counters.

i dunno, i got hit by a smash attack (forgot what it was, but it wasnt counter) on FoD and i got knocked down at 90 degree angle from the invisible ceiling.

StarLord

Smash Rookie
I play Fox as a main, Falcon and Yoshi as alts. I can wave dash with all 3, tech, and wall jump. (not Yoshi of course) I shine. But ssffling has gotten my attention. I can't do it. It's hard for me to combo or shffl. I can short hop, fast fall, and l-cancle (if I remember). So how should I work on these.

I can do very weak combos,
I can't shffl,
and I can't remember to l-cancle.

Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom