• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "I need help with ___"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
i believe combos come out naturally, but there might be a fixed some what accordingly way of combo-ing someone, but i dont use roy >.<

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
After resting Giga, I lured Ganondorf to commit suicide because he tried to Up+B me while I was out of the stage.

As for Roy, dtilt -> shffl fair/uair -> fsmash works to an extent. Basically, dtilt to begin a combo and then do as you see fit.

uremog

Smash Ace
for last event (51) just rest giga 3 times to get rid of him and wop the other 2 until dead. it's actually a lot easier to do 51 with jigs than 50 with anyone i think.

EclipseWebJS

Smash Journeyman
I am furious!!

I've been trying to play Event Match 49 but I can't win! I've played every stupid character and they still get their butts kicked. I was going to play with Luigi seeing how he got to Ganon before getting killed. Stupid opponent(s) are like @ lvl 9! I even had my A-game Ice Climbers (who helped clear event matches 44, 46, 47, and 48) going only to find that I don't even have enough TIME left to be able to clear the stupid event match!!

Frickin game!!! :mad:

SRMagus

Smash Apprentice
Is there a simple way to short hop that I'm unaware of? People seem to do it so easily, perhaps I just have too much of a habit of slamming my buttons.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
SRMagus said:
Is there a simple way to short hop that I'm unaware of? People seem to do it so easily, perhaps I just have too much of a habit of slamming my buttons.
Just keep in mind that it's not about how lightly you press the button. It's about how long you hold the button.

EclipseWebJS

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, I still need help with Event Match 49. I'm furious! I can't get Jigglypuff to Rest on top of some enemies because it gets beat up, and I get KO'd ...

[ And I have Video here to prove it! ]

I'm not a happy camper anymore. I want Final Destination ...
NOW!!!

Tyson651

Smash Lord
all the times u guys have to vs computers, whether its a line of them taking turns or some what not, just use marth and camping fsmash, they just walk into it, its easy.

EclipseWebJS

Smash Journeyman
OK, I completed event match 49. FINALLY! I completed 50 with Yoshi, even though it took me a couple of tries. Now I'm one event match away AND I NEED BIG HELP!!

Someome suggested to use Jigglypuff to kill off Giga Bowser, but they didn't know that you had three lives!!

Now there's no other way around it.:cry:

Soanevalck

Smash Ace
use jiggly to kill giga bowser with rest, then just keep floating around until items pop up and use them to kill ganny and mewtwo...unless you're good with jiggly

EclipseWebJS

Smash Journeyman
I DID IT!! I COMPLETED ALL EVENT MATCHES! Thanks guys, I owe you one! Now I can get Sound Test in the game menu.

Now my last thing is: How do you write-protect a memory card??

Tyson651

Smash Lord
no, cause the shield also delays u when u put it up and take it off.

ur either 1. holding L/R/Z too long therefore after it has been sucessfully l-cancelled u hold up ur shield.

or 2. pressing it too late, missing the l-cancel and just shielding after landing.

Tyson651 said:
no, cause the shield also delays u when u put it up and take it off.

ur either 1. holding L/R/Z too long therefore after it has been sucessfully l-cancelled u hold up ur shield.

or 2. pressing it too late, missing the l-cancel and just shielding after landing.

tanks......

Mr. Someone

Smash Rookie
I have a question that I can't seem to figure out.
I think all character have two attacks when hanging on the edge. (One fast and one slow)
So I was wondering if there ia a way to control which one of them you'll use when you press "A".
Thanks. ^__^

ajphctp46

Smash Apprentice
I've noticed the same for several characters, most notably Fox.

It seems to me that if you press B (or A) very shortly after catching the edge, you do the quicker attack. If you delay on the edge, you do the slower attack. I'll do some experimentation and post the results.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
ya thats true.

the higher the percentage a character has, the slower their attack or recovery from the ledge is.

Black Luigi

Smash Journeyman
I need help learning to l-cancel/SHFFL. I'm getting to that stage where I'm realizing that I'm just not fast enough to do what I want, so I KNOW I need to start l-canceling everything...especially since I'm playing a lot of Marth and Falco now. I can shffl Marth's neutral airs, and the occasional fair, but more often than not I don't get the fair.

Basically I want to know what's the best way to practice it. Do you guys practice your l-canceling in your matches, or is it something you can practice in training/against the computer?

I'd also like to know how to cancel the shine WITHOUT jumping. I know you can WD out of it (which I suck horribly at doing), but it seems in a lot a videos I've seen, people shine really fast, and then cancel it without moving. How do I do this? Thanks.

Okurama

Smash Journeyman
Tijuana, CA (yeah, i know i change my location, AG
first of all the only way to cancel the shin is only with a jump or WD (a WD if yourecall come from a jump, thats why is cancel went doing a WD) , maybe you confuse, seing how plp shine pretty fast because some dudes are just doing a standing (WD without moving), but waveshine is more better, just practice WD the trie shining then WD (its really dificult for dudes than are still learning, unfurtunaly its the only advice i can give about it).

l-canceling isn't really that hard, just do and air, went you touch the ground you notice they are some kind of smog in the ground went you land, justwent you seethe smog appear press L or R, itsthe simples way i can think, sorry if this isn't helpful, AHH! with a pic, it would be much more simpler to explaint. And shuffle well, whatcan i say is just do a short hop, then any air, then press the Dpad down, went you see the smog press L or R.
and dude don't prantice with computers, go in traning mode or battle a level 1, is much more simpler to learn this withno pressure to fight seriosly (after you learn this terms you can 4 stock PNWD!!!! lvl 9 any time you what)

smashjedi

Smash Rookie
ok. i know how to wavedash and L-cancel and all that wonderful stuff. my problem is that i dont know when to use them. like what's their purpose? im quite confused.

Legomaxx

Smash Journeyman
smashjedi said:
ok. i know how to wavedash and L-cancel and all that wonderful stuff. my problem is that i dont know when to use them. like what's their purpose? im quite confused.
Ok one common and very useful application of wavedashing is for example:

If someone is running to you, you wavedash back, and while they are still recovering from their attack you go in and grab/attack them.

Wavedashing is also good for mindgames, and going somewhere rapidly and other uses and i cant think of right now.

Black Luigi

Smash Journeyman
smashjedi said:
You'll learn. It was kind of a gradual process for me. As far as L-canceling (which I'm still trying to get down), as far as I know you should use that just about every time you do an aerial move, especially if you short hop and/or fast fall it.

Wavedashing is different for different characters. Playing Luigi, I pretty much use it every second. I have to if I don't want to get crushed. It's great for moving around and much better/faster than his dash. As far as other characters, it's usually to create a little space. Like if you're edguarding someone but you're a little closer to the edge than you want to be, a quick wavedash backwards will give you the space but still let you face forward to guard. Watch a couple videos and pay attention to when people wavedash. It'll help a lot.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
try just substituting rolling with wavedashing.

mainly, wavedashing is used for mobility and quick edgehogging and fakes.

mobility - way faster than rolling, has no lag time as u can easily do ANYTHING out of or even DURING a wavedash. as one of the guys above me pointed out, wavedashing back while someone is running after u can be a good tatic to retreat and counter attack as they could miss a dash attack or grab.

edgehog - not enough time to grab the ledge by short hopping and grabbing the edge? use wavedash! it easily puts u on the ledge since the momentum and traction of ur character allows u to slide along the ground and slip off to grab the ledge. however, beware that u could be too close to the edge and air dodge off.

fakes (mind games) - i like to dash forward and wavedash backwards as a quick fake. it allows u to quickly weave in and out of ur opponent's range of attack(s), and if ur lucky ur opponent would take the bait, and try to smash or dodge or somehow react to ur fake, u can counter him or take advantage of his mistake, or in other words, the lag.

l-cancelling u say?

you need to l-cancel EVERYTHING no matter what character u are using, it speeds everything up, and u wont get punished for missing, or be able to perform combos whereas without l-cancelling was impossible with.

Murphinator

Smash Rookie
Alright, I read the post above about using wavedash and short hopping to grab the ledge, I can short hop on to it no problem, but I can't wavedash on to it. When I wave dash I won't grab it, and sometimes I'll just dodge off the level. Any advice?

Tyson651

Smash Lord
thats cause u have to be well spaced from the ledge, not too close or else u will air dodge off and suicide, or not too far where u wont even fall off the ledge.

D.R.

Smash Apprentice
I noticed now that many people double stick DI.(that's when you move both the joystick and c stick a certain way before getting hit) All I know is that you have to use both sticks and using this type of DI is extremly better than regular DI which is pretty weak. Two questions.........

1. Exactly how does a person double stick DI?
2. Is there a way to IMPROVE mindgames or is that something you have to learn yourself? I pretty much think it's something you learn yourself, I just need to improve mine that's all(My mind games don't suck, I just want to improve). :smash: :sniper:

dragonsshadows

Smash Apprentice
I am trying to make a video and I need a code that allows me to move the coin under the trophies.
I have successfully made the coin's Y position change for 1 frame, but I can't get it to stay there.
Here is the RAM address for the coin's Y position (relitive to the actual trophy):
80c32e10. If you change that RAM value to c19662a4, the coin will be above the character for a frame.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
D.R. said:
I noticed now that many people double stick DI.(that's when you move both the joystick and c stick a certain way before getting hit) All I know is that you have to use both sticks and using this type of DI is extremly better than regular DI which is pretty weak. Two questions.........

1. Exactly how does a person double stick DI?
2. Is there a way to IMPROVE mindgames or is that something you have to learn yourself? I pretty much think it's something you learn yourself, I just need to improve mine that's all(My mind games don't suck, I just want to improve). :smash: :sniper:
a lot of the people i kno and played with only uses the control stick to DI, not double stick DI or c-stick DI.

for mindgames, i think u just develop it more through playing many different people, however, some things u can memorize a certain way of tricking.

for example, if u hit or throw someone from the center of the stage towards the ledge (but doesnt fall off), and ur opponent techs when he hits the ground, usually he will tech towards the center, which is to u so u can just charge down smash or something like that. and doesnt just go for 1 person, but many people do that.

Cra$hman

Smash Lord
Pipe said:
how do you turn around in the air without using an attack?
with jigglypuff or yoshi you just jump in the other direction, with sheik or dk you can start charging a reverse neutral b then immediately cancel it, peach and links can throw turnip or bombs respectively to turn around, everyone else has to use an attack to turn around.

Pipe

Smash Cadet
I saw a video where fox did it though. in that case was it fox using his laser to turn around but so low to the ground that it didn't even start the animation for it?

Schweppes

Smash Ace
You can either A) Do a reverse neutral B (works with all charactes, I believe), B) Use an over B move in whatever direction you want to face (again, should work with all characters), or C) Use Marth/Roy's Bair. I think those are the only ways.

Actually, if you get hit, you automatically face the direction you got hit from, so that's another way to turn around...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom