• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Ganon/Ganondorf for Brawl (updated)

MeLeo

Smash Cadet
GANONDORF FOR BRAWL!!1!!!11!!!!111!!!!!

Well we all know that Ganon IS going to return, but the question is, what will happen to his moveset?

I think that while he will probably get a sword, he will still retain much of his current moveset. Luigi is the perfect example to prove this. In SSB64, he had the same exact moves as Mario except for his UpB and Fireball. In Melee, however, Luigi is completely different. Even though many of his moves still have similar animations to Mario, he has a completely different fighting style. From his Dair to his traction to his unique SideB, Luigi was transformed from nothing but a Mario clone to his own character.

With Ganondorf, I feel that many of the CF-originated moves suit him pefectly, especially all of his specials, his Dair, and Uair. How could Ganondorf be Ganondorf in Brawl without his Dair!? What I would want done is to offer more choices with moves and to improve his existing moves.
For example: like with Fox's SideB, I want Ganon to have two different SideB attacks (depending on whether or not you press B once or twice), I want him to be able to sweetspot the edge with it, and I want the endlag to be much less.

Another possibility is that he will have both a melee and a sword moveset. This can be done via a "sword unsheathe" move, like Zelda/Shiek's DownB. Since such a move would be one of his specials, I would get rid of his Warlock Punch before his other specials. Sakurai and his team are fully capable of giving Ganondorf both sword and melee based movesets. Okay, I mean, they wasted their time by making those stupid stickers, they better have time to develop two movesets for Ganondorf. Not only would a "sword sheathe/unsheathe" move make every Ganon supporter happy, but it would make Ganondorf a much better character.

[CAPS] LET'S KEEP THIS SUPPORT FOR GANON GOING! w00t!
GANONDORF FOR BRAWL!!1!!!11!!!!111!!!!! [/CAPS]

Spiz'ike

Smash Rookie
I think he'll probably come back... I mean 'cmon, if they made Bowser then they have to put Ganon in.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
ya. i think the reason there isnt so many posts is because everyone knows he is going to return...

anyways. as link and zelda have had their models updated to fit their TP look i belive ganon will have his TP look as well. most belive this as well, it just makes sence.

however the arguement that ganon will not be just another two-handed sword user becaues of Ike should be considered.

i belive they were going to do that with him in melee, but didnt have the time and didnt want to make another marth type.

anyways. as far as his moevset goes here should be a combonation many of his types.

right now i would love to see a ganon who floated around and moved like mewtoo) sorta like what we saw in ooc), used his trident in a hard hitting bashing way(because that would be completely unique and badass), and was able to shoot powerful beams of light (being able to combo into them.)

his trident and blasts of energy would retain his brutal feel while making him unique as the heavy ranged charcter. (ikes sword doesnt look that big) think the oppisite of ZSS with abit of peach thrown in.

further his floatyness would remind us he is a wizard whose power can put him above the competion.

i think it is most likely that ganondorf will turn into ganon during hin final smash. i think the people at nintendo would love seeing giga bowser and ganon brawling it out while mear mortals are squished underfoot

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
i think it is most likely that ganondorf will turn into ganon during hin final smash. i think the people at nintendo would love seeing giga bowser and ganon brawling it out while mear mortals are squished underfoot
Hell yeah! Can you imagine an Event Match between these two Giants ! ! ! That would be INSANE. Ya know, if Event Match is Brawl. I'd SO choose Mario and BLAST those bazderds into oblivion!

Cyberbot5000

Smash Apprentice
Ganondorf is the man, I mean he always comes back in Zelda even from death and his Magic and swordplay would make for great combos

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
ya. i think the reason there isnt so many posts is because everyone knows he is going to return...

anyways. as link and zelda have had their s updated to fit their TP look i belive ganon will have his TP look as well. most belive this as well, it just makes sence.

however the arguement that gannon will not be just another two-handed sword user becaues of Ike should be considered.

i belive they were going to do that with him in melee, but didnt have the time and didnt want to make another marth type.

anyways. as far as his moevset goes here should be a combonation many of his types.

right now i would love to see a ganon who floated around and moved like mewtoo) sorta like what we saw in ooc), used his trident in a hard hitting bashing way(because that would be completely unique and badass), and was able to shoot powerful beams of light (being able to combo into them.)

his trident and blasts of energy would retain his brutal feel while making him unique as the heavy ranged charcter. (ikes sword doesnt look that big) think the oppisite of ZSS with abit of peach thrown in.

further his floatyness would remind us he is a wizard whose power can put him above the competion.

Ahem...

GANNON-BANNED!!!!

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
/gasp

**gets on knees, head bowed to the dirt**

i am soo sorry. i never do this. i dont know what came over me.

**edits post**

forgive me?

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I feel Ganondorf's moveset would be like Link and Zelda's. All of Link's b moves are item attacks, While all his A moves are Sword attacks. Same goes for Zelda. All her B moves are magic attacks and all her A moves are physical for the most part.
I think all of Ganondorf's B moves would focus on magic, while all his A moves would focus on his Sword/ Brawling.
Also Ganondorf is from the Gerudo Valley. I wouldn't be surprised if his fighting style was based around that. His smash attacks should be focused on the fact that he is a evil man and would take whatever advantage to cause massive harm to his foe. Just like all of Bowser's smashes are based of his beast-like nature. All of Mewtwo's smashes are based off his psychic power (even though it looks more like ghost/ dark attacks..).
I always liked the Warlock punch. Keeping some form of a chargeable B attack would be cool. I was thinking perhaps the lighting ball that he uses at the End of OoT, and when you fight his Phantom form in the Forest Temple. It could either be like Mewtwo's Shadow Ball/ Samus' Charge Shot or more like Falcon/Warlock punch and charge for two seconds or so and then fire straight ahead. It would also be kinda cool if it could be reflected like how Link Reflects them in those boss battles. But that would be more of a disadvantage.

I would of course expect his Twilight Princess form.

For a Final Smash I think Gannon would be cool. Or maybe a crazy Dark Spell that causes massive damage. Whatever it is it has to be big and evil looking.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
/gasp

**gets on knees, head bowed to the dirt**

i am soo sorry. i never do this. i dont know what came over me.

**edits post**

forgive me?
: pats head:

The Great King of Evil forgives you... this time...

I feel Ganondorf's moveset would be like Link and Zelda's. All of Link's b moves are item attacks, While all his A moves are Sword attacks. Same goes for Zelda. All her B moves are magic attacks and all her A moves are physical for the most part.
I think all of Ganondorf's B moves would focus on magic, while all his A moves would focus on his Sword/ Brawling.
Also Ganondorf is from the Gerudo Valley. I wouldn't be surprised if his fighting style was based around that. His smash attacks should be focused on the fact that he is a evil man and would take whatever advantage to cause massive harm to his foe. Just like all of Bowser's smashes are based of his beast-like nature. All of Mewtwo's smashes are based off his psychic power (even though it looks more like ghost/ dark attacks..).
I always liked the Warlock punch. Keeping some form of a chargeable B attack would be cool. I was thinking perhaps the lighting ball that he uses at the End of OoT, and when you fight his Phantom form in the Forest Temple. It could either be like Mewtwo's Shadow Ball/ Samus' Charge Shot or more like Falcon/Warlock punch and charge for two seconds or so and then fire straight ahead. It would also be kinda cool if it could be reflected like how Link Reflects them in those boss battles. But that would be more of a disadvantage.

I would of course expect his Twilight Princess form.

For a Final Smash I think Gannon would be cool. Or maybe a crazy Dark Spell that causes massive damage. Whatever it is it has to be big and evil looking.

For you however... the Great King of Evil is not so forgiving...

GANNON-BANNED!!!!

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
hey, i never noticed this thread.

hey i hope the big evil guy returns. he was my 5th main cause of how uber powerful he was.

i hope for a moveset change so he'll wield more magic/sword stuff (i will pick either the sword he had in melee or the one in TP, which i think will be the most likely)

however, his aerial game was great, so i hope that doesn't get changed too much

Ganondorf for Brawl!

Ganon for Final Smash!

Akiak

Smash Ace
I personally HATE ganondorf. He looks weird, ugly and freaky. I don't like his moves either (I hate magic)
But since many other people, like you guys, like him a lot and since he is pretty famous and deserving, the only thing I can say is

GANONDORF 4 BRAWL!

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
We need Ganondorf for brawl. He, and Game & watch are the only african american reps as of yet and Game & watch isn't looking too well.

But seriously, Ganondorf is a must for brawl. I wouldn't worry about him

KingBulbinX

Smash Apprentice
Q:Whats wrong with this pic?
A:Wheres his ****ING SWORD!!!!! seriously he needs his sword
GANON FOR BRAWL!!!!

Mandalore

Smash Apprentice
We need Ganondorf for brawl. He, and Game & watch are the only african american reps as of yet and Game & watch isn't looking too well.

But seriously, Ganondorf is a must for brawl. I wouldn't worry about him
coughDKcoughDiddycough

Just kidding. The only black guy is Mr. Game and Watch; Ganondorf is not an African-American. He is a Gerudo and doesn't live in America, it's somewhere in Hyrule/Gerudo Desert/Twilight Realm. His culture is more based off of the Middle East, not Africa.

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace
coughDKcoughDiddycough

Just kidding. The only black guy is Mr. Game and Watch; Ganondorf is not an African-American. He is a Gerudo and doesn't live in America, it's somewhere in Hyrule/Gerudo Desert/Twilight Realm. His culture is more based off of the Middle East, not Africa.
Well first of all they liked to be called ******S and G&W is from japan so no neither is he.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Quoted for truth. And for Awesome.
With his bad-arse Twilight Princess look... this is going to be an epic "Heck yes, he's gonna be in." I'm going to so love my component cables...

BTW, we all know that Zant has no chance of being in seeing that
he's not even the main boss
. So Ganondorf for Brawl!

Withouthatred

Smash Cadet
He needs to do something with that massive sword we see in the first game, but never get to use, that'd be great, or the dual swords from ww or single from tp, all good choices.

Top Bottom