• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Ganon/Ganondorf for Brawl (updated)

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
I like both and comment in each depending on what sort of discussion is going on at the time... so hey. Whatever.

I like this thread because it was here first. The other user fully well knew that this one already existed but still went ahead and made another one. GRADE A DOUCHE.
With his wall of text and constant updating of it, I can understand. That sort of thing would merely get lost in any thread unless it was the initial post. However, the two do seem to be merging in intention now, what with his intention to showcase all movesets, sword-based or not. So who knows what'll happen?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Exactly! I took this same frame of mind when I made my OFFICIAL Ganondorf THREAD:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=114365

His moveset is great, it just needed improvement. If you take a look at mine, I think you'll both agree that it is just what you two had in mind.
His moveset is NOT great...It's Captain Falcons but slower and more powerful...

He needs his OWN unique move set with his own moves...

ALSO, Ganon as a final smash would be good you hater of old school...

Also THIS is the official Ganondorf thread...just because you put Official doesn't make yours

Blackadder

Smash Master
His moveset is NOT great...It's Captain Falcons but slower and more powerful...

He needs his OWN unique move set with his own moves...

ALSO, Ganon as a final smash would be good you hater of old school...

Also THIS is the official Ganondorf thread...just because you put Official doesn't make yours
I like his moveset.
It suites him perfectly, but his BACON should be a Ganon transformation, and I'm betting you it will be in the end.

Also, as I said before, that thread will take over. It looks smarter.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like his moveset.
It suites him perfectly, but his BACON should be a Ganon transformation, and I'm betting you it will be in the end.

Also, as I said before, that thread will take over. It looks smarter.
Smarter is debatable...He seems to hate Old school Ganon and supports unoriginal Clone Ganon

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
There, fixed now. As for Sakurai? I'd say most characters are in final touch-up stages by now at the very least, so don't hold out too much hope.

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
I must admit, I'm divided about Ganon. I can understand reasoning from both sides. He's pretty classic and theoretically should be repped, but I can see that he'd probably be rather similar to Bowser's fighting style, and unless he has a very limited moveset, it seems like too much effort for another Final Smash transformation. Unless it's like Zamus instead of Giga Bowser... but then that takes away the uniqueness.

EDIT: I do wonder though...had Falcon never shown up in SSB at all, and Ganondorf had shown up in Melee with the same moveset as he did, would so many people be begging for him to be changed to a new, more "Ganon-ish" moveset. Cause I have to admit, I think the overall mode of play with Melee Ganondorf fit the character to a tee. So I'm thinking people are just being anti-clone, despite him playing quite differently to me.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Smarter is debatable...He seems to hate Old school Ganon and supports unoriginal Clone Ganon
I said looks smarter. To the average reader, just skimming over these two, most would think on automatic "So, this is the real one, right?" as his thread.

For the "unoriginal Clone Ganon" I would disagree.
While it's hardly creative, it really does suite the big ol' guy.

I was talking with Buzz on it, all he really needs done is a slight tweaking with his crappy up tilt, and Warlock Punch. After some fiddling, he could become great out of those changes.

Alternativly, he could use the sword for a few moves, and his "old"moveset for others.

MeLeo

Smash Cadet
OK thanks for removing the quote boxes, I added your moveset to the first post.

BTW, it seems some people in the other Ganondorf thread despise/want to kill me.... Why? :confused:

I wouldn't even know the new movesets people proposed for Ganondorf there due to the fact that they're buried in that thread. If it ever reaches post counts in the 1000s (which I hope this does), then no one would ever know such movesets existed. So if you want me to append your proposed movesets (like I said, ANY movesets) then just ask me and I will.

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace
I never udnerstood why they made him so slow. In ocarina he freaking floated and quite fast. In wind waker he is fat and in TP he is kinda slow but he can jump really high

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
I was always a supporter of the pick'n'mix style of sword/melee combat. I definitely don't want him to be exclusively sword, especially not if he ended up playing somewhat like Marth or Roy. Never could stand them.

However, I love his Melee moveset, and I use him all the time. I do think though that transformations could get messy.

I never udnerstood why they made him so slow. In ocarina he freaking floated and quite fast. In wind waker he is fat and in TP he is kinda slow but he can jump really high
But even in WW as a larda$$ he still jumped really high and could haul himself around like a nimble deer during most of the sword fight. So the slow thing is not a real representation but balance.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
o...k...

Tp and WW were made AFTER Melee...

Tp is good but I didn't like WW...

MeLeo

Smash Cadet
Well while I hope for a Melee-based Ganondorf, I know many of you don't. I picked up Ganondorf in Melee because I liked his moves/style, most especially his Dair and DownThrow. I did not pick Marth or Bowser, I picked Ganondorf!

I don't outright hate Ganon, I just thing the whole pig idea is sort of dumb, why do you think Miyamoto brought us Ganondorf's true form in the latest games? He even stated that OoT is first cronologically in the Legend of Zelda storyline. I do think sword Ganondorf is cool in TP, WW, etc., but I;m still hoping that his moveset won't change dramatically.

That's why I asked in my update that if any of you want YOUR Ganon/Melee Ganondorf/Sword Ganondorf movesets to appear in the first post, just ask me, and I'll quote and pste it into the first post.

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
In honesty? Siome of them probably feel that you're trying to muscle in and take control of an operation that was already running relatively well, and that you were attempting to undermine their thread. And also that you hate Ganon, and as such hate old school, and as such are a n00b. And that you're a clone-lover or some such. Or perhaps some of them merely hate clones for being clones, and anyone who supports clones is therefore stupid and not worth niceties? I dunno, throwing out some ideas. I just visit both threads, so it's not a big issue to me.

Oh, and you're probably gonna have to give up on the quoting movesets thing and simply link to individual posts soon enough, because I'm pretty sure there's a word limit on posts. Although that might be turned off on Smashboards...

MeLeo

Smash Cadet
Oh snap, there's a word limit? I didn't know. Anyway, how do you link a specific post?

And back to the "Why do they want to kill me" thing, I see your point. I didn't mean to sound anti-Ganon or anti-sword with this thread, I love versing Ganondorf in every Zelda game he's in.

I am just worried that there are no more people left who want Ganondorf to retain at least part of his Melee moveset. Falco users don't seem to complain about his Fox-based moveset.

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
See how in the upper right hand of each post there's a number? Like, for instance, your last post says #45. If you click that it opens the post as a single post, with no other posts above or below, and no ability to reply. Just copy the URL from that page and link as you would any other webpage in a post.

EDIT: As for the comparison to Falco and Fox? Here's the key thing. Falco's high tier. Big G is not. So people naturally assume that a slow Falcon clone is bad and bray for a new moveset. I'm an equal supporter of both a new moveset or a modified moveset, since as long as he maintains all the awesome of Melee I'm happy.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh snap, there's a word limit? I didn't know. Anyway, how do you link a specific post?

And back to the "Why do they want to kill me" thing, I see your point. I didn't mean to sound anti-Ganon or anti-sword with this thread, I love versing Ganondorf in every Zelda game he's in.

I am just worried that there are no more people left who want Ganondorf to retain at least part of his Melee moveset. Falco users don't seem to complain about his Fox-based moveset.
Falco is most likely being changed if he is added...but I doubt Falco fans are as dedicated as Star Fox is a series that isn't as popular and hasn't been around as long...

Fond memories of those NES days...

MeLeo

Smash Cadet
I see what your saying PsychoIncarnate, but I feel if Falco is changed enough that he can't SHL, pillar, or Dair combo, then I assume Falco users will be pissed. Not necessarily because they are dedicated Star Fox fans, but because they loved his character/moveset in Melee.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
Hey, just throwing this out there, but about Ganon...
Why does he have to be a Bowser clone? Because he's a big monster? I don't think so, because Ganon can have something that Bowser doesn't have: Range.

Remember fighting Ganon in the 2D Zelda games? How did he fight? He teleported around and threw all sorts of projectiles at you, like firebats, energy orbs, lightning, and his trident. So why couldn't he do this in Brawl? I say make Ganon into an extremely rare character combination: the heavy ranged character.
He'd still be big and slow, but unlike Bowser, Ganon's attacks could be focused on damage at a distance, leaving him most vulnerable when his opponent is near.

Well? Would you still be against Ganon even if he didn't interfere with Ganondorf or Bowser?

MeLeo

Smash Cadet
Hey, just throwing this out there, but about Ganon...
Why does he have to be a Bowser clone? Because he's a big monster? I don't think so, because Ganon can have something that Bowser doesn't have: Range.

Remember fighting Ganon in the 2D Zelda games? How did he fight? He teleported around and threw all sorts of projectiles at you, like firebats, energy orbs, lightning, and his trident. So why couldn't he do this in Brawl? I say make Ganon into an extremely rare character combination: the heavy ranged character.
He'd still be big and slow, but unlike Bowser, Ganon's attacks could be focused on damage at a distance, leaving him most vulnerable when his opponent is near.

Well? Would you still be against Ganon even if he didn't interfere with Ganondorf or Bowser?
Well if Ganon didn't interfere with Ganondorf or Bowser, then yea, I'd like for him to be added. And I see what you mean about Ganon's unique moveset, but I'd also like for it to be effective as well. Hell, I'd love to see Melee Ganondorf, Sword Ganondorf, and Ganon all in Brawl, but with limited character slots, I don't know if that could happen. If not, I want Melee Ganondorf in before all.

T-major

Smash Champion
Out of interest, what didn't you like about The Wind Waker? I'm curious, since I'm soon to start playing it for the first time.
I dont why people wouldn't like it... it had a great story, great gameplay, incredable graphics (no matter what anyone says...). the only reason I've heard as to why people don't like it is the way it looks. which as we all know is a stupid reason.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I dont why people wouldn't like it... it had a great story, great gameplay, incredable graphics (no matter what anyone says...). the only reason I've heard as to why people don't like it is the way it looks. which as we all know is a stupid reason.
It didn't feel like a Zelda game...

It felt like a kid's version of a Zelda game...

I HATE cell shaded as well, but I wouldn't mind that if I liked the other aspects of the game

(I have played REALLY good cell shaded games)

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so why'd it feel like a kid's version of a Zelda game? Other than cel-shading? I'm intrigued, cause I'm not that big on overly kiddy stuff, but ****it, this is Zelda.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Really, to truly understand the awesomeness of the game, you should play it. It might be a bit of a kiddy style, but WW has its moments. Don't miss out on one of the greatest games ever. At least for me, it played like a Zelda game

As for the debate going on in this thread: D*** it, give me Ganon and I'll be fine. He could even be a clone of Pikachu, I wouldn't care. xD (well, I'm pretty sure he won't be but you get the point ^^)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It didn't give me the same feel as anything special like OoT or Majora's mask did...

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Well yeah, I understand what you're saying and it's true. But face it, it's hard to do another Zelda like OoT as it is still the best LoZ game ever. I personally think WW and TP get pretty close to it, but hey, that's just my opinion. WW is also a totally different game, what with the cel-shading and the overall feel, but it's still Zelda, so if someone likes Zelda, he/she should go for it and play WW to see a whole different edge to Zelda like in the previous titles you mentioned such as Oot and MM.

But what am I ranting here? Ganon for Brawl! xD

Blackadder

Smash Master
Well this thread shows us that Bowser is a lot bigger then what he was in melee
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=113486

And i started thinking that if they use the Ganon from TP he too may end up being huge.
Kirby is all of 8 inches tall in the "real" games of his.
Size is pretty irrealivent in Smash, Sakurai can change it to suite him.

Ganon will stay the same size as he is in Melee, methinks.

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace
Kirby is all of 8 inches tall in the "real" games of his.
Size is pretty irrealivent in Smash, Sakurai can change it to suite him.

Ganon will stay the same size as he is in Melee, methinks.
We can't guarantee that he will stay the same size. It could go both ways. Both DK and Bowser have gotten bigger in brawl so Ganon has a chance of getting huge too.

Blackadder

Smash Master
We can't guarantee that he will stay the same size. It could go both ways. Both DK and Bowser have gotten bigger in brawl so Ganon has a chance of getting huge too.
True, but it seems like a silly move to me.
Bowser was downsized (Obviously) and Kirby was upsized.

This kinda says "Small fries go up, fatties go down"

I think we can expect that from Ganon to.
At least, I HOPE we do...

MeLeo

Smash Cadet
I think he will get bigger in Brawl. One of the new features Sakurai is adding is a "no flinching" ability for some special moves of heavy characters. Since Ganon is a heavy character, he will get bigger. Did you see Yoshi's Brawl size? He's so much bigger now! And guess what, he was one of Melee's heavy characters. Bowser, DK, and Ike are all "heavy" characters and much bigger than everyone else. In TP, Ganon is like twice as tall as Link. So if he's twice as tall as Link in Brawl, he'll be a little taller than Bowser is now.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
I think he will get bigger in Brawl. One of the new features Sakurai is adding is a "no flinching" ability for some special moves of heavy characters. Since Ganon is a heavy character, he will get bigger. Did you see Yoshi's Brawl size? He's so much bigger now! And guess what, he was one of Melee's heavy characters. Bowser, DK, and Ike are all "heavy" characters and much bigger than everyone else. In TP, Ganon is like twice as tall as Link. So if he's twice as tall as Link in Brawl, he'll be a little taller than Bowser is now.

welll if what u sai is true about ganondorf in comparison with link... then im very sure that he will be resized now xXD

i canrt imagine being SO big in Brawl

Jakatsu

Smash Apprentice
I can't see him being much taller in Brawl, maybe a head or three taller than Link, but not much more.

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
I want him to be tall and tall. But not so much bulky, which he can't be anyway, since Bowser is the biggest playable character in Brawl, apparently.

Tau

Smash Apprentice
I want him to be tall and tall. But not so much bulky, which he can't be anyway, since Bowser is the biggest playable character in Brawl, apparently.
even if he is bulky, bowser will always be the heaviest character in smash.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
tallest=/=biggest

Anyway, I'm still hoping they keep his Meteor Smash. That shouldn't change. Sure Falcon had it, but so did Ness and DK as well.

MeLeo

Smash Cadet
After a couple of weeks, it seems that Ganondorf's support for Brawl has died...

Come on people! Show your support for Ganondorf!

BTW, to those of you who noticed, I asked Admin Mic_128 to merge my Ganondorf thread with chaos_Leader's original one, so now there is only ONE Ganondorf Thread. I asked for the threads to be merged because not only did I NOT want to cause a rift between Ganondorf supporters, but because I wanted there to be ONE Ganondorf thread and for this ONE thread to become noticed again.

OK, the thread is up to ONLY 195 posts (not including this one). Meanwhile threads for other characters that are no where near as great as Ganondorf are in the 1000s.

Again I repeat... Come on people! Show your support for Ganondorf!

And for those new Ganondorf supporters who would like to see the very detailed post I made for my proposed moveset for Ganondorf, click here (included in my post is Vagrant Lustoid's proposed moveset):
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=2785337&postcount=105

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
After a couple of weeks, it seems that Ganondorf's support for Brawl has died...

Come on people! Show your support for Ganondorf!

BTW, to those of you who noticed, I asked Admin Mic_128 to merge my Ganondorf thread with chaos_Leader's original one, so now there is only ONE Ganondorf Thread. I asked for the threads to be merged because not only did I NOT want to cause a rift between Ganondorf supporters, but because I wanted there to be ONE Ganondorf thread and for this ONE thread to become noticed again.

OK, the thread is up to ONLY 195 posts (not including this one). Meanwhile threads for other characters that are no where near as great as Ganondorf are in the 1000s.

Again I repeat... Come on people! Show your support for Ganondorf!

And for those new Ganondorf supporters who would like to see the very detailed post I made for my proposed moveset for Ganondorf, click here (included in my post is Vagrant Lustoid's proposed moveset):
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=2785337&postcount=105
post count is most likely low due to the fact that people already consider the G-man to be in. hence, spamming this thread is unnecessary.

Having said that, Ganondorf rocks my socks off!

Top Bottom