• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Gameplay Video Topic. NEW Brawl Commercial!! Olimar's End of Day!!

Rodriguezjr

Smash Apprentice
Does anybody know what music is playing in Halberd? I can't really notice which Kirby music is there.

CronoMaster

Smash Apprentice
ive read a lot about Little Mac being an AT, but i havent seen it in any video, maybe i missed it, can anyone tell me in which video he is?? all i keep finding is that a website said he was an AT but i wanna see it!

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Bowser's new bodyslam/powerbomb move is awesome. He looks like a blast to play now... he's shooting to the top of my "must give a second chance in Brawl" list with Yoshi.

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
The first video of the battle at Metaknight's ship, towards the end of the video, it shows Metaknight dissappearing and then reappearing and attacking somewhere else. Perhaps that's his Dspecial attack.

To comment on the 2 new videos, most action packed IMO. Enjoyed watching although they're newbs. Also it's shows Diddy charging his recovery attack, not sure if that's mentioned on the Dojo site.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
Bowser's new bodyslam/powerbomb move is awesome. He looks like a blast to play now... he's shooting to the top of my "must give a second chance in Brawl" list with Yoshi.
Yeah... yoshi is buffed literaly (xD) and bowser looks a lot more quicker and interesting than before O_O

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
I put together all of the Brawl gameplay videos ever released (I'm pretty sure ALL of them-I think) into one, 45 minute or so, super video. Featuring gameplay from October 10th, and 11th, for example, as well.

It's in .mp4 format

Download:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/0nd6lx

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
It's so funny that the people showing off the game are complete noobs...:p
Maybe it has to do with the fact that they're all busy people with jobs that require playing games other than Smash Bros. and might not have picked the game up in a few years, and don't have night and day to practice like a run-of-the-mill basement dwelling Smash Bros. professional? :p

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
It's so funny that the people showing off the game are complete noobs...:p
zomg Grim :O

Remember, these guys are just media people, and I'm guessing few of them play Smash hardcore. Also they were limited to the Wiimote and classic controller, which probably feel a lot different then the gamecube controller.

A couple of them weren't all that bad XD

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
The guy playing Bowser on the Halberd wasn't completely aweful. Zomg, Bowser is huge in this game. I swear he looks bigger.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Puts everyone to sleep and Peaches appear on the ground that she can eat to restore health. Kinda broken if you ask me...
How so? The other fighters wake up the second she attacks them, and if she has little to no damage, then those peaches aren't going to do much good. Not exactly the equivalent of Zero Laser. . . .

I actually think it's kind of lame. :ohwell:

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
How so? The other fighters wake up the second she attacks them, and if she has little to know damage, then those peaches aren't going to do much good. Not exactly the equivalent of Zero Laser. . . .

I'd actually think it's kind of lame. :ohwell:
Well if a character does have high damage she can go in and steal the kill. Also, recovering health? How is that lame? I guess it's a little situational, but overall it gives her quite an advantage.

T-major

Smash Champion
hey, watch the first Halberd video. right at the start (about 4 seconds in) Mario sends Bowser flying into Meta Knight, and when Bowser hit's him, Meta Knight gets hurt... do you think this could be something new? or am I missing something in the video?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Well if a character does have high damage she can go in and steal the kill. Also, recovering health? How is that lame? I guess it's a little situational, but overall it gives her quite an advantage.
I suppose. But it only really works out if everyone has high amounts of damage. If Peach has high damage, she can recover, and if everyone else has high damage, she can smash them off the stage. But if everyone's pretty healthy, then it's pretty useless.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Did I see Bowser fly up, do a backflip and hit the ground?

Is that an attack of his, or did someone grab him and do a piledrive?

EDIT: So it's a new attack...

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
The physics are definately different from Melee.

A box appears in the air, and Bowser hits it mid air, causing it to fly way off the stage.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
From what weve seen, characters like Pit, Metaknight and Kirby can all easily avoid Peach's Final Smash by staying in the air.

Smashybashy

Smash Apprentice
I doubt any new ones would surface now that it's been a few days after the media summit, but hopefully we can get an influx of them starting Thursday with the E for All public demo.

Question: The video that's on Pokemon Stadium 2 is kinda crappy, so I only noticed Electabuzz in the stage. Did anybody else notice any other electric Pokemon?

I think I saw some Magtimite floating around Electabuzz or Electavire.

Griffard

Smash Ace
in the second vid of halberd, i'm sure i'm not the only one who noticed that gardevoir is a pokeball... meaning she's definitely not a pc. if this has been said already then sorry... but i felt it was worth mentioning

T-major

Smash Champion
in the second vid of halberd, i'm sure i'm not the only one who noticed that gardevoir is a pokeball... meaning she's definitely not a pc. if this has been said already then sorry... but i felt it was worth mentioning
how is this surprising? there really wasn't an chance of her being Playable...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
tournament purist...and this guy is the one translating the stuff. I just lost respect for the Smash Dojo. Ahh well, at least he isn't that bad! XD The new vids are great from IGN. Any new ones=??? :) (even if it's old ones from GameSpot! :laugh:)

Top Bottom