• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Gameplay Video Topic. NEW Brawl Commercial!! Olimar's End of Day!!

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman

WAAASSSUUUPP

Smash Apprentice
LOLOL I suck. Thought it was new because it only has like 100 views and I just skimmed through the list.........DOH =p

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Also, when she is singing everybody takes like 40-50% damage.
ooh, I noticed something else. After a match under 'KO's' and 'Falls' it says who killed you and who've you killed, and how many times
Great observation skills. Both of you. :)

Sorry if this has already been said, but I like the slow-mo effect at the end of the time battles.
It will make the end of battles quite interesting....

Imagine being knocked out through the top of a stage, becoming a star, as the final seconds of the match count down... and then even though time has run out, the few slow-mo frames just carry you to a loss of a point. It would be maddening! XD
That's gonna rock. Seriously. It's sooooooo f***ing cool. That just makes me more mad Brawl got delayed, because I have to wait to see it! :laugh:

And you forgot the best one...the one I made (combining all the IGN vids).

:grin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTkehzbjp3k

This thread=win. :)

K1T3

Smash Lord
on the 7 min vid, sonic vs link
sonic jumps back on the stage then rolls back towards the ledge and grabs it (not hit or anything) seems like a really fast way to edge hog
he might have also powershielded links upB so powershielding is there again then maybe

Also fox is much more floaty then in melee

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Lylat Cruise seems to rotate on a axis so it's like the stage is slanting sometimes, this could possibly affect how boxes and other items react on the stage, I think Sonic fell off at one point and grabbed the ledge.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Bowser´s TRIPLE JUMP?

I dont know if this has been pinted before but anyways ,

In this video http://youtube.com/watch?v=Zfxo4ThurUw

In the 1:10 seconds.... donkey kong and bowser are figthhing on the higher platform of the sky world.... DK hits bowser and sends him ooff the platform..... Bowsser then use his first jump and retaliates........ after that he goes on a free fall to his death,.... but almost before he died.... he performs what seems to be a second jump in the air..... (or maybe an up B?)....and the does ANOTHER jump which really seems like his up B... then he dies.

I thought at first that he was hitted while falling and regained a jump but this is not the case since his % meter didnt changed since the DK blow!.

Any opinions?

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529

In the 1:10 seconds.... donkey kong and bowser are figthhing on the higher platform of the sky world.... DK hits bowser and sends him ooff the platform..... Bowsser then use his first jump and retaliates........ after that he goes on a free fall to his death,.... but almost before he died.... he performs what seems to be a second jump in the air..... (or maybe an up B?)....and the does ANOTHER jump which really seems like his up B... then he dies.

I thought at first that he was hitted while falling and regained a jump but this is not the case since his % meter didnt changed since the DK blow!.

Any opinions?
There's a platform that moves back and forth below the stage, sorta like the barrel in DK Jungle. The video quality makes it kinda hard to see. Bowser landed on it, kinda slid off it and grabbed its edge, and then jumped off to his death for some reason. A few seconds after that you can clearly see the platform moving to the left side.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion

Any opinions?
"Hitted"??

That's Bowser's whirling fortress. His upB.

Was there a need for that paragraph?

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
There's a platform that moves back and forth below the stage, sorta like the barrel in DK Jungle. The video quality makes it kinda hard to see. Bowser landed on it, kinda slid off it and grabbed its edge, and then jumped off to his death for some reason. A few seconds after that you can clearly see the platform moving to the left side.
ah ok i didnt saw the platform there... altho is true that he is like hitting something before doing the jumps again!

"Hitted"??

That's Bowser's whirling fortress. His upB.

Was there a need for that paragraph?
lol what an awful typo. IM not enlgish speaker im sorry.

I know his up b is the fortress, i was not asking for that but for his consecutive jumps. No need to turn harsh on me.

Zarckoh

Smash Apprentice
DK seems really improved, Meta Knight seems to be cheap, I hope that when Brawl is out, he gets a little bit more balanced.

Also, I hope that Ike's final smash is revealed soon.

errtu

Smash Apprentice
looks like sonic is gonna replace fox. high tier. too soon to know but still...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The Fire Emblem music is epic!

it is freakin opera!!!
Fire Emblem Theme OPERA rocks! I wonder if Nobuo Uematsu (the guy who did Final Fantasy's, Chrono Trigger's, Super MArio RPG's [I think], and Brawl' theme song music) did it. Because that song is EPIC! :)

fox seems so slow in brawl. I hope he isn't really like that. But dk seems pretty good.
He'll probably be more power-based like he was in SSB64. He still looks like a God tier character from wat I can tell. Like the other 12 characters (as well). :)

Everyone is broken. Everyone has the shine. Brawl is broken. Brawl wins. :)

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Correct me if I'm wrong, but we still have yet to see a vB move from Pit, right?

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
lol @ Metaknights voice, not at all what i was expecting

Yeah i noticed that too, i think it was just his mid air jump the first time that looked very similar
OMG. Come on guys. Thats 3 times now. THERES A PLATFORM THERE.

Cojiro

Smash Journeyman
Might be off-topic, but does anyone have an alternative link to the gamespot 7 min footage demo? I can never get it to dl the whole way.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If this question has been asked, pardon for asking but is there a video where we can see the halberd?
It wasn't playable. Funny....just realized that as I responded to you! :laugh:

As for a alternate GameSpot vid link, just go to GameSpot, and click on the link. ;)

And that uB thing was discussed on the first page of this thread.

Cool things:

1.Everyone is a God tier character
2.Norfair
3.OPERA Fire Emblem theme is the one of the best musical scores YET! :)
4.Meta Knight's voice is almost as awsome as Darth Vader's. Almost.
5.Gameplay is very original, and very familiar. Good combination.
6.Link can actually run.
7.Those were just newer players playing. Imagine the best of our fellow smash boardians going to it. That my friends, will rock! :)

Bad Things:
1.WHO DO I F***ING MAIN! :mad:

Blindman

Smash Journeyman
The fake OC, because I'm nothing like them.
So at the 2007 Nintendo Summit Interview on Gamespot... how does Pit use his FS twice?

I'm guessing it's a demo thing?
Yes, they made the demo have 2 FS's per round, but the final will have this feature removed. It's actually the reason for the 2 month delay. They didn't want there to be a FS used more than once per match, but it "accidentally" got into the demo. Oops. <_<

ShadowUltima

Smash Apprentice
Top Bottom