• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Gameplay Video Topic. NEW Brawl Commercial!! Olimar's End of Day!!

MAST3R

Smash Apprentice
I think that it sucks that IGN etc. gets to play SSBB before any of us and then show it off to our faces in these vids. The videos are great but us having a demo would be better =)
I really hope that we get to at least play the demo outside of E4all...

Kadian

Smash Apprentice
Suprise, suprise! No one SDed in the new match! Are they getting better?

Meta Knight's Final Smash was kind of weak... Roy's charged B could also KO if someone walked up next to him too. Compare to Samus', who blows 3/4ths of the screen away, inducing possible multiple KOs.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
I hope it is something better then an instant kill, I was thinking that I would Main Him, He better get a better FS then that, after all he looks good hence he should have a good FS

BentoBox

Smash Master
Instant kill isn't good enough? MetaKnight's FS doesn't require you to stay still for 5seconds before delivering a deadly blow, which is the case for Roy.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
why do you even care about FS's so much? do you think they are going to be left on in tourneys? i don't, so whats the big deal whether or not MK has a FS? i'd rather he have a killer spike or something.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
why do you even care about FS's so much? do you think they are going to be left on in tourneys? i don't, so whats the big deal whether or not MK has a FS? i'd rather he have a killer spike or something.
FS's are a new factor in Brawl... not only is it new, but it's an amazing factor. Actually, there are people who want Final Smashes IN tourneys, and I'm sure they may be disappointed to hear that Meta's is basically a watered-down version of Akuma's uber-move. Then again, this is the price to be paid for being, as the IGN/Gamespot/1UP press calls him, the best character in the game.

BentoBox

Smash Master
There's actually a 25 pages thread discussing this very thing.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
Me and a handfull of other smashers are going to E For All this weekend, so we can play the demo. But in all honesty, I rather have a demo at home. The vids are great, smashballs don't seem as rare as I thought they would be, which is a good thing because I want to main Samus/Zamus. I want to see more videos of Sonic, at least videos where people remotely know how to play as him. And did anyone else notice in the Link Vs. Sonic match, Link does his up B really close to the edge, and sweet spots it? I hope moves don't auto-sweet spot now.

MAST3R

Smash Apprentice
These videos are great! Aside from the fact that I dont get to play the demo that is..
Expect way more videos from e4all =)

Patchi

Smash Rookie
In a house, in a state, in a country, on a plantet
October 14th:

IGN: Halberd (2 videos)
http://media.wii.ign.com/media/748/748545/vids_1.html
Youtube for Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O3Wy5UECAk
Youtube for Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c9Ls4uprEE (Thanks to cyberdemon for both)
Woah! 0o0 I'm probably sure many of you noticed this, but in the second part of the vid, shotly after Meta does his FS and Bowser gets killed (not by the FS, though), that when he returns, he grabs Meta Knight, and does some somersault, but then Mario(?) attacks them and stops it? Does anyone think that's a new grabbing feature?

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Woah! 0o0 I'm probably sure many of you noticed this, but in the second part of the vid, shotly after Meta does his FS and Bowser gets killed (not by the FS, though), that when he returns, he grabs Meta Knight, and does some somersault, but then Mario(?) attacks them and stops it? Does anyone think that's a new grabbing feature?
Remember that side-B move that Bowser uses to grab people with? That's what it is.

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it looks like Bowser has some new grab moves. He also got owned by the laser on the Halberd. :p

EDIT: @ takeshi245: Really? I'll have to take another look at the video.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Yeah, it looks like Bowser has some new grab moves. He also got owned by the laser on the Halberd. :p

EDIT: @ takeshi245: Really? I'll have to take another look at the video.
You can use Bowser's side-B move in the air in Melee. It's no different in Brawl. I guarantee it. :)

CHUK

Smash Ace
Best...thread....ever.....
Looks tooo good. I can't wait to see some competitive smashers play this.

Nowfist

Smash Apprentice
Its not like everyone on this forum will be part of the tourneys... >.>

Zindura

Smash Cadet
I haven't been keeping up with this thread too much, but I imagine that if anyone else saw this, I would have heard about it by now.

We know from the Dojo that Sonic's up-special is a spring jump, right?

Well, at about 0:10 in the Sudden Death video, Sonic uses the spring jump to return to the stage, and then does his diagonal downward kick immediately after!

Maybe it's not only air-dodges that don't rob you of your aerial actions, but up+B attacks may allow for follow-ups too.

Crazy, eh?

Edit: Sonic actually does it a few times throughout the video.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
I haven't been keeping up with this thread too much, but I imagine that if anyone else saw this, I would have heard about it by now.

We know from the Dojo that Sonic's up-special is a spring jump, right?

Well, at about 0:10 in the Sudden Death video, Sonic uses the spring jump to return to the stage, and then does his diagonal downward kick immediately after!

Maybe it's not only air-dodges that don't rob you of your aerial actions, but up+B attacks may allow for follow-ups too.

Crazy, eh?

Edit: Sonic actually does it a few times throughout the video.
It's already been brought up. There are a few threads about it too.

And there are no vids of Metaknight's Final Smash yet.

Zindura

Smash Cadet
It's already been brought up. There are a few threads about it too.

And there are no vids of Metaknight's Final Smash yet.
Tsk, I suck.

I thought I saw his final smash in one of the Halberd videos. I guess you mean that there are no videos of his Final Smash actually connecting.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I think that's >B cause he uses it in the air. And he grabs so fast with it WOOT WOOT!!
And DK has the new wobbling :laugh:
Nah, I but you can thech roll out of it or something.

Can't wait to see Zeldas massive priority boost. Uber kills on 4 days worth of videos (if she's in) *crosses fingers*

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
I think that's >B cause he uses it in the air. And he grabs so fast with it WOOT WOOT!!
And DK has the new wobbling :laugh:
Nah, I but you can thech roll out of it or something.

Can't wait to see Zeldas massive priority boost. Uber kills on 4 days worth of videos (if she's in) *crosses fingers*
Zeldas not going to be in the Demo... sorry.

Top Bottom