• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Gameplay Video Topic. NEW Brawl Commercial!! Olimar's End of Day!!

Nowfist

Smash Apprentice
How come no one in this video's use Ike, from what i've seen, he looks really good, meh, if a demo comes out, we can show the noobs at IGN what real players are like.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Someone used Ike in Delfino's~ He seemed really strong o,o

Am I the only one watching every video 4 times, each time watching one different specific character :p? And to all those stating that MK is OP, just look at how up in the air he's being sent at 85% by Bowser's down+b [0:19]. Either Bowser got a MAJOR boost, or MK is surprisingly light.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
Hey, can MP4's be downloaded to Itunes and put on an Ipod?
Yes they can.

However, my video now no longer has ALL the gameplay videos released, as today IGN released moar gameplay videos. lol .-.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I had to watch the vid 4 times before I realized the IC's were actually Dk.

Also, I too watch each vid 4 times, focussing on a single character.
I'm obsessed =[.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I had to watch the vid 4 times before I realized the IC's were actually Dk.

Also, I too watch each vid 4 times, focussing on a single character.
I'm obsessed =[.
Well, in that case... I am, too.

There's a lot to watch in one sitting... so it's understandable why you had to watch it four times.

I'm like on my tenth watching the Mario/Samus Sonic/Link vid. Just cause Sonic looks so **** sexy!

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
lol, I like that new body slam thing what is that his forward b?
I think so. That destructoid article, while filled with idiocy, mentioned that this was a new feature of Bowser's forward special.

Me likely. I just hope the actual grab is easier to perform than it was in Melee. Am I the only one that only had that hit like, 2% of the time?

Ryuujiin

Smash Apprentice
I wanted to see who won :(. Anybody know what that thing was in the second half that created that circle? Didn't see it have much effect on the players and it just walked around.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Gardevoir, and it protects from items, i think

but at least Metaknight's Final was PARTIALLY shown this time. i guess he had to grab someone or someone had to be in the vicinity for it to work, but i wish he did grab someone. whoever is going to E for All, definetely get Metaknight's Final (along with Ike, Peach, Sonic, etc.)

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
i loved the fight soniv vs link on smashville.... is more dynamic than the other ones... they seem to play slightly better.

Link is overall better.. i loved his range. his speed and his bommerang...he will surely get up on tiers.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I think so. That destructoid article, while filled with idiocy, mentioned that this was a new feature of Bowser's forward special.

Me likely. I just hope the actual grab is easier to perform than it was in Melee. Am I the only one that only had that hit like, 2% of the time?

Yeah i heard that somewhere too.

@ Ryuujiin: I pretty sure from the looks of the battle that bowser one

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
i think thats a toss, similar to kirby's up grab. his foward b is same as melee

No i think it is the forward b because at :26 in the second vid he slashes Mario to get a hold of him and then spins then slams. unless you can grab in the air now in brawl

Shuma

Smash Hero
Bowser moving up in the tier list... Awesome! i always whanted to main him.

BentoBox

Smash Master
What a stupid claim to make. MewTwo would be way up there tier-wise if all we ever based our opinions on were videos of noobs duking it out.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
What a stupid claim to make. MewTwo would be way up there tier-wise if all we ever based our opinions on were videos of noobs duking it out.
Not really a claim. Just a thought really. I don't think anyone on the boards can really "claim" anything until having a hands-on experience with the game. Its just speculation based on how the character is moving, whatever subtle changes u notice, and how u think they will affect the character's overall performance.

AT best, they're just ideas for discussion.

I seriously believe I am going to be using Link and Sonic a lot in this game tho.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Bowser has longer range, looks more heavy and seems even ore powerfull... yeah he moves up in the tier list.

kinghippo99

Smash Lord
n00bs can always play equelly. the tier list is for pros. a n00b can kill another n00b whose playing as fox with mew2.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Bowser has longer range, looks more heavy and seems even ore powerfull... yeah he moves up in the tier list.
A character doesn't simply have to look better to move up in the tier list... >_> It has to be better compared to the rest of the cast. If bowser goes up, someone goes down. Up till now, everyone thinks that everyone's going up, tell me who's going down then?

And frankly, to say that you're going to main bowser because he looks better is just wishful thinking. How many of you guys decided that you'd main the top tier characters before the tier list was even established? That's what I thought. If, say, Lucas is as bad as Mewtwo, he -won't- get much attention in the competitive scene. I don't have that much faith in people.

Cojiro

Smash Journeyman
Anyone got the 1280x720 version of the 3 new videos that went up today on IGN?
Don't know about that resolution, but a link to download the hi-res halberd fights would be way cool. One brave soul managed it for the first 5 (not sure if he was an insider or not), can he do so again? :)

Baiten

Smash Rookie
Did anyone notice MK's final smash?
He flapped his cape, but nothing happened.
Can anyone explain?

Top Bottom