• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Florida 2013 PR~ #ohgodwhyisthatourtheme

Master Raven

Smash Master
Here's my thing though: my personal opinion is that only the current metagame (past 6+ months) is relevant to these discussions. For instance I'm not sure what you're implying by saying FOW had better wins with Ness; are you implying he was, or is, better than Shaky's Ness? FOW has always been impressive but if he's not doing anything with Ness within the past 6+ months while Shaky is, then I don't think it's really fair to make comparisons to results that are relatively very old.

I will agree that FL is top 4, and I will agree that we have good players but many of them (especially myself I have a lot of **** to work on after playing OOS for the first time) are not of the same national calibur as players from ATL North and Japan. That being said I think it's at least fair to say that MVD has shown some monumental achievements with his Snake that we haven't seen from any other Snake player in a while. Razer has had his accomplishments and he'll always be known as one of the top Snakes in the US, but right now MVD is proving that he stands with the likes of Razer and Ally as far as top Snake players are concerned.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I don't hate FL, just telling what I believe to be the truth. So don't take any of this personally. I held the opinion that Junebug might be better than Trela and Ally being a better Snake than Razer, when everyone else in my region had dismissed it.

Nick Riddle admits Salem is better vs MK, which is half of what you will run into at a tournament. He also only has a better record because he has been offline longer. Salem "slipping" is at WORST slightly below whatever Nick has been putting in for the past year. Salem narrowly lost to the MK thats supposed to be best against ZSS and still does great vs the best MKs in the country. He must have more going for him than "oh people just keep messing up the gimps".

MVD better than Razer? Where you getting that from man? Razer has been proving himself to be a top player all the way until he quit. He STILL made bracket at Apex even though he was only there because he had to be.

Even last WHOBO where Florida was bodying Texas at every event, Razer still outplaced MVD. Thats probably the closest MVD has come to being on Razer's level. Just this saturday he got wrecked by M2K, a metaknight Razer always beat (in the old days and the new).

I think you are being pretty generous with Seibrik's MK. Seibrik and Atomsk are good, but I think you are missing how many other MKs are that good and BETTER. NY/NJ alone has top 5 on lockdown I think. Just in the Americas I think M2K, Ally, Nairo, Zero, Anti, Pwii, Dojo, Tyrant, Tearbear, TO Joe (hey he won the ditto right?) are or at least could be better. Then in Japan you have Otori, Kakera, Rain, Nietono and a bunch of other really good MKs.

Iono what Diddy Kongs you got but I know Gnes, ADHD, Zinoto, P1, Jebus, Vato Break, Fliphop are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.

When FOW used Ness, he had alot better wins WITH NESS, even though he also used MK.

@DDD, I was just pointing out that its like having a top 5 Jigglypuff (which i think florida does?).

i have it bookmarked as my way to get to aib, but i never linger there.

1st off... Dang I wanna get W101 that bih looks FUN!!!

2nd off While your opinion is welcomed(WHICH WILL ALWAYS BE THE CASE WITH ME) I was simply informing the greatness of FL. Fact of the matter is that FL the state is Top 5 regions in the world.

3rd I didnt want to get into any debates but eff it... You came to the place I call home on the boards and started this.

NickR has been placing well for years and just outplaced Salem at Sktar2 in his own region while beating Keitaro badly. Salem is better at fighting MK's... congrats if that makes him a better player????? But what about the other 34 characters on the roster?

Razer is retired... & not like Espy retired(Which is why Espy is still the BEST Sonic outside of the fact that none of us do anything :( ) MVD just mollywhopped ppl at Sktar2. MVD has been working his way up for a while and if he was 3rd behind Razer and Ally punch through by now. I can accept him being 2nd 2 Ally.... but theres no way in a blue hell that Razer is STILL BETTER than MVD. When Razer still can't beat ESAM nor does he really even play. Wait... didnt Razer get whooped by RYO who MVD was even with at the time?

FOW... lets not get into this. He uses MK. There is no longer even a debate that Shaky is currently better.

about the MK's.... notice I was talking about the US.... Pay attention lol however I can admit that Seibrik vs Atomsk is iffy. Atomsk is pretty legit.

GDX 4 some ungodly reason is amazing with Diddy. He is possibly right behind Zinoto. Granted the gap between then is the same as Espy/X 2 the rest of us Sonic players.(Not to mention we also have DFear & Mampham)

& Regardless of HOW MANY DDD's or FOX's there are. What I said is still true. Lol theres no need to shoot down that fact.(Hell Jazz is here 2)

U can't use what happened at 1 tourney as a reason for your logic. Nor can you allow yourself to belittle the length of time that a player has been the best yet you cant hold on to glory days forever. All of the things I said are valid as of TODAY... this very moment.... like... right now as your reading this. Not last year.... not at Apex2013... not 3 years ago... not during MLG but RIGHT NOW.

All in all it seems like you just came in here to **** on a gud day as FL players were discussing on a FL thread how great their state as a whole is. U stated what you "believe" is true. There was no need for that as I was sharing positive information about our state 2 someone I think is a new player. Sir no offense... but what you have been doing is what haters do. So continue to have your beliefs as I remind everyone how great our state is. I'm not trying to sound conceited... I'm just proud of the players in my "community". Even tho I dont see these guys as much as I want to you damn sure better believe I'm not going to allow you to come belittle their accomplishments and rightfully deserved "Titles".

:sonic:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Delusion does not equal positivity. I wasn't trying to be mean, I just stumbled upon your post and found it absurd. I just had to chime in and figure out in what world you could believe some of these things.

Top 5 MK in the country and maybe WORLD is a BIG BIG title to throw around. The tournament you are using to crown Nick Riddle better than Salem based on placement is the same tournament your MK got outplaced by TEN other metaknights. Considering there are maybe 5 MKs that can win tournaments in that region, what would make you think that.

U can't use what happened at 1 tourney as a reason for your logic. Nor can you allow yourself to belittle the length of time that a player has been the best yet you cant hold on to glory days forever.

^I feel like I should be saying this to you... Salem has been consistently the best ZSS ever since he popped up offline. Just as Nick Riddle became better than Snakee and some MKs have surpasses M2K, you can't hold on to Nick being the best forever. MK is half the game, toss in Salem's record vs other top level players he beat like all the marths, nick riddle, mvd (you said he was the best so i guess this is better than nick beating razer) etc. and it means in the current metagame Salem is better.

I know I might seem hostile, but I'm not talking about anyone's mama or anything. I'm just speculating that your region might not be as awesome at this party game as you think they are (or perhaps you are underestimating the rest of the country/world)

When call something the best, you are also saying everything else isn't quite as good. The main thing that stuck out to me is MK. I just wanna know what 4 MKs you think are better than Seibrik and how you could possibly rank the other dozen or so top MKs solidly below him. I'm not trashing your region here, these other guys are just THAT good. Just imagine if the country had like 20 Sonics on Espy/X level and people were hyping me as a top 5 Sonic. Wouldn't you think thats kind of crazy?

Mampam

Smash Ace
btw Riddle, i KNOW u aint talkin' when you CLEARLY aren't good enough practice, even as a national player

with Seibrik being forced to come back THREE games vs Salem, really only winning the set cause it was a 4/7 mm and not tourney

and then losing in tourney to like the #5 ZSS -___-

and MVD still losing to Salem, and i quote you "at least i can beat snake"

at least due to my diddy my brother was beating gnes and felix, two national threat diddys (when they play/played)

and adhd in a mm

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Having an discussion where you disagree with me is like having a discussion where Xaltis disagrees with me.
It's impossible to say anything because of all the salt.

OverLade

Smash Hero
So much ignorance in this thread.

Florida is ass. Except MVD that guy went in. But everyone else got bodied and should hold that accordingly.

And Orange Fox I will take your money with DK/character X.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
*preordered*

Thing I don't like about newegg, is that they package things poorly. My Wii U and 3DS for example came with barely any padding except for what looked like brown paper towels from my middle school. Working for a UPS Store, I wasn't impressed :l

@Jazz Don't you mean a dysfunctional family?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Razer has not played in over 8 months.

at this point MVD>Razer.

even I can admit that.

Master Raven

Smash Master
btw Riddle, i KNOW u aint talkin' when you CLEARLY aren't good enough practice, even as a national player

with Seibrik being forced to come back THREE games vs Salem, really only winning the set cause it was a 4/7 mm and not tourney

and then losing in tourney to like the #5 ZSS -___-

and MVD still losing to Salem, and i quote you "at least i can beat snake"

at least due to my diddy my brother was beating gnes and felix, two national threat diddys (when they play/played)

and adhd in a mm

I'll give you Seibrik beating Salem because it was a 4/7 and Seibrik's style gives him room to maneuver around a set that long, but don't say that NR isn't good ZSS practice. Did you not watch MVD's set vs Salem? That went down to last game last hit. Plus it's an even MU that can go anywhere when you have two players of that level of skill play against each-other. Good for you that you were good enough practice to Lade for him to beat national level Diddies... but that was a long time ago. If you really want to show us that we have national level Diddies, then start playing him full time again and stop maining random.

Tesh

Smash Hero
*preordered*

Thing I don't like about newegg, is that they package things poorly. My Wii U and 3DS for example came with barely any padding except for what looked like brown paper towels from my middle school. Working for a UPS Store, I wasn't impressed :l

The free shipping is 4-7 days, I'm actually wondering if I'm willing to wait an extra week for 10 dollars.

At least there wasn't a dispute for Sheik/Zelda

OHHHOHOHOHOHOHO!

*dip*
Yea, as much of a hater as I am, its too much of a stretch to say there are other sheiks on your level right now. I'm big on results (wins, not placings) and you seem to be the only sheik on the radar for the entire planet right now.

//JaZz\\

Smash Journeyman
*preordered*

You kno wut I've ment

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
CALLING OUT RED HALBERD FOR A REMATCH

I'm the guy you played at Come to Papa in a MM with your Kirby. I want a rematch, same stakes, winner-take-all (memory serves correctly, it was $1 match?).

Kirby versus Ike. I know last time I was playing Pikachu, but I have gone back to Ike and want to test my skills against your Kirby. If you're up for it, let me know and I'll see you at the next tournament I go to.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I'll give you Seibrik beating Salem because it was a 4/7 and Seibrik's style gives him room to maneuver around a set that long, but don't say that NR isn't good ZSS practice. Did you not watch MVD's set vs Salem? That went down to last game last hit. Plus it's an even MU that can go anywhere when you have two players of that level of skill play against each-other. Good for you that you were good enough practice to Lade for him to beat national level Diddies... but that was a long time ago. If you really want to show us that we have national level Diddies, then start playing him full time again and stop maining random.

YOOOOOOOOOOOO UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

I respect this post so much.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
So much ham in this thread, I didn't know the Injustice pig paid a visit

OverLade

Smash Hero
I'm $1 money matching people in Gainesville September 7th, so be there bruh bruh
Cmon son. You think I'd drive out to Gainesville for a free $1? I'm RedHalberd. The original King Ego. The original have seen your vids and I'm not impressed. Best in the midwest. Honorary top 3 in Texas. People drive to Tampa just to get a whiff of the colonge I'm rocking. However, if you decide to come out to Tampa like the rest of CFL people who actually wanna get good, maybe we can play. Or you can just come to a tourney and get free'd up ;)

CALLING OUT RED HALBERD FOR A REMATCH

I'm the guy you played at Come to Papa in a MM with your Kirby. I want a rematch, same stakes, winner-take-all (memory serves correctly, it was $1 match?).

Kirby versus Ike. I know last time I was playing Pikachu, but I have gone back to Ike and want to test my skills against your Kirby. If you're up for it, let me know and I'll see you at the next tournament I go to.
Haha sounds good. Look forward to it :)

Orange Fox

Smash Cadet
What type of unoriginal name is RedHalberd. It's a color then a brawl stage hah! So unoriginal
Come to Gainesville and I'll show you just how "free" I am ;)

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Delusional?

Top 5 MK in the country and maybe WORLD is a BIG BIG title to throw around. The tournament you are using to crown Nick Riddle better than Salem based on placement is the same tournament your MK got outplaced by TEN other metaknights. Considering there are maybe 5 MKs that can win tournaments in that region, what would make you think that.

U can't use what happened at 1 tourney as a reason for your logic. Nor can you allow yourself to belittle the length of time that a player has been the best yet you cant hold on to glory days forever.

^I feel like I should be saying this to you... Salem has been consistently the best ZSS ever since he popped up offline. Just as Nick Riddle became better than Snakee and some MKs have surpasses M2K, you can't hold on to Nick being the best forever. MK is half the game, toss in Salem's record vs other top level players he beat like all the marths, nick riddle, mvd (you said he was the best so i guess this is better than nick beating razer) etc. and it means in the current metagame Salem is better.

I know I might seem hostile, but I'm not talking about anyone's mama or anything. I'm just speculating that your region might not be as awesome at this party game as you think they are (or perhaps you are underestimating the rest of the country/world)

I get where your coming from. & U can have the MK argument.

& Either way that means that either ur admitting MVD is the best Snake now by the logic or NickR is the best ZSS. Either way its still a win.

I said

"Top 5(In North America and Maybe the world???)

IC's, Fox, MK, Diddy & DDD"

I mentioned 5 characters. & I can promise you that I can back up every1 of them besides MK. I even ADMITTED that I made a mistake with this. Move on. & 4 no reason you try to tear down our players by saying "O no1 plays Fox or DDD". Who give s a ****? Lol You trashing my region for no reason. Not my fault FL is great.
The Salem vs NickR arguement will run over this thread. & like I said... its like your coming into my house and insulting my family. Do I go to any Texas thread and call your opinions delusional? Do I go to a Melee thread adn say that Brawl is better? What your doing is rude and like I said... makes you a hater.
So out of the 11 characters that we argued about you could be right about 2(& probably are right about 1). You happy? You done stroking ur own EGO because you have a case against 2 out of the 11 characters?
Like I said... ur post was rude unnecessary and my opinion wasn't necessarily nonviable enough for you 2 call it delusional.
So congrats... We still have 9 players who are at the top of the mountain(weather 1st or 10th in the world) with their characters.
Hell my entire post STILL got the point across EVEN IF all of the characters I mentioned had players who were only 6th-10th. Hell any region with Top 5 players for 11 characters is excellent. & I'm damned proud of it. So you can take your arguement about MK & ZSS elsewhere because regardless of if its a top 2 ZSS or top 10 MK they both are STILL in the top 1% for their character. You see the glass half empty I simply see it half FULL.
& yeah.... FL is TOP 4 in the World...
Hopefully I'll be able to help keep it that was personally...

Having an discussion where you disagree with me is like having a discussion where Xaltis disagrees with me.
It's impossible to say anything because of all the salt.
So... Much.... Godlike in this post lol
& Orange Fox... No...

Tesh

Smash Hero
^we are talking about wii u and dollar money matches now...

B_AWAL

Smash Master
W101 & Sonic Lost world... 2 reasons I'm getting a Wii U in October

& that Xenoblade game...

Just paid 4 Sonic 2day

Tesh

Smash Hero
cloudberry kingdom is good too, its an experience i think is best on wii u, I've been curled up every night trying to beat tough levels before bed and thats where the gamepad shines imo.

Sonic so far they said 3ds has exclusive content and wii u doesnt, so it looks like ill get the 3ds version. + i have a dozen wii u games to get and only 1 3ds game so far.

Nintendo has ALOT to look forward to starting now.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Cmon son. You think I'd drive out to Gainesville for a free $1? I'm RedHalberd. The original King Ego. The original have seen your vids and I'm not impressed. Best in the midwest. Honorary top 3 in Texas. People drive to Tampa just to get a whiff of the colonge I'm rocking. However, if you decide to come out to Tampa like the rest of CFL people who actually wanna get good, maybe we can play. Or you can just come to a tourney and get free'd up ;)

Haha sounds good. Look forward to it :)
What are you tryin to cut a promo now? Lol

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Don't forget the indie games too. So many of them on kickstarter have reached stretchgoals for Wii U. Looking forward to Shovel Knight the most. And Mighty Switch Force 2 was recently confirmed to come to Wi U (thank god I held off on the 3DS version).

And far into the future, there will be a Kirby game... at the end of the Wii U's lifecycle. Like every console generation -_-;

Back to Smash Bros, I'm looking more forward to the 3DS version over the Wii U...

trumptight

Smash Journeyman
What type of unoriginal name is RedHalberd. It's a color then a brawl stage hah! So unoriginal
Come to Gainesville and I'll show you just how "free" I am ;)
First of all. I've already given Redhalberd the best fox practice he can possibly get. We go back n forth, him winning most of the time. I would love to put a side bet on this. I'll also put a side bet that you are a random and will stay a random. This is Fl bro, you cant come in here claiming you can beat one of the best. Also, if you're gonna talk the talk, please walk the walk. Bet more than 1$ stop being a lil girl.... Just saiyan

Top Bottom