• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Florida 2013 PR~ #ohgodwhyisthatourtheme

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Dude... U won a tourney in JAX(No offense to JAX players... You guys get the same treatment that we do in Tally lol)

Who did you PLAY??? Thats the real question

If you won in CFL or SFL then it would be worth bragging.

:sonic:

B_AWAL

Smash Master
FL doesn't really have tourneys w/ MK being legal.

However its not a problem for most of our players because we have HELLA variety.

We've got the BEST(In North America and probably the world)

Pikachu, Ness, Snake, Ike, Sheik/Zelda & ZSS

Top 5(In North America and Maybe the world???)

IC's, Fox, MK, Diddy & DDD

& then we have a majority of the Characters in the cast represented well Monthly.

On another note... Seibrik & Shaky apparently made Salem look like a fraud. ESAM & MVD embarrass ppl who switch 2 MK & FL is becoming a better region as a whole.

Ereth

Murda Bidness
Mink is the only TO who consistently bans MK. MK is not normally banned. IC''s are beatable, learn the MU

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
IC''s are beatable, learn the MU
Oh yeah it certainly is; All you need to do is just stay away and not get near his grabs by using projectiles.

The rest is approaching and pray that they don't grab and beat you to a pulp.

Certainly fair by my book, isn't it?

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Oh yeah it certainly is; All you need to do is just stay away and not get near his grabs by using projectiles.

The rest is approaching and pray that they don't grab and beat you to a pulp.

Certainly fair by my book, isn't it?
uh yea compared to mk yea. you dont really have to pray if you know what your doing

Ereth

Murda Bidness
I don't see any IC mains over centralizing the meta, do you? When's the last time an IC player won a national?

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I wanna learn ICs but Nana always let's me down by suiciding or gimping me by not wanting to recover :l

I played them a lot in Melee and challenged myself by eliminating her and going solo with Popo.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
People just need to learn how to play. There's more aspects in matchups than just mindlessly going in. You would think players have learned by now not to attack ICs recklessly with negative attacks. You should get punished for that.

Master Raven

Smash Master
you can beat ICs by unplugging the controller and repeatedly bashing the controller against the player's head for even thinking of playing that character

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Noif Cloimers :laugh:

j/k don't care I actually know the matchup even though I'm not perfect at it

Mampam

Smash Ace
ill mak
If any Diddy I've ever played demonstrated how easy it was to infinite my character I would have been more cautious about it.
The fact that I have 0 experience in how that set-up works because it has never happened to me, or anybody else around me IRL, is something that I cannot adjust to when it kills you after seeing it once.
If any Diddy I've ever played demonstrated how easy it was to infinite my character I would have been more cautious about it.
The fact that I have 0 experience in how that set-up works because it has never happened to me, or anybody else around me IRL, is something that I cannot adjust to when it kills you after seeing it once.

ill make sure that if i ever learn to continue the infinite, not to use it on you, so you're never ready, ass hole -____-

as long as (tampa, especially my brother is never losing to diddys) because of me, im fine, especially with him beating both gnes and felix twice each

And no johns, half of FL only does well because nobody knows how to fight your characters ;)

YEP >__>

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I'm surprised some people have trouble against ICs :l

It's like losing to predictable bosses in the Kirby games consistently.

Tesh

Smash Hero
FL doesn't really have tourneys w/ MK being legal.

However its not a problem for most of our players because we have HELLA variety.

We've got the BEST(In North America and probably the world)

Pikachu, Ness, Snake, Ike, Sheik/Zelda & ZSS

Top 5(In North America and Maybe the world???)

IC's, Fox, MK, Diddy & DDD

& then we have a majority of the Characters in the cast represented well Monthly.

On another note... Seibrik & Shaky apparently made Salem look like a fraud. ESAM & MVD embarrass ppl who switch 2 MK & FL is becoming a better region as a whole.

FOW, Ally, Razer, Salem

Florida is good (definitely top 4 region in the country), but you know damn well yall dont have a top 5 MK (in the world are you kidding me?). Top 5-10 MKs in the world are in New England and Japan. Florida, TX and WC's MKs would follow somewhere after that.

No one plays Fox, Diddy or DDD...

With that said, I wasn't aware Florida had MK banned tournaments. Link me?

Exdeath

Smash Master
I didn't watch the set so I don't really know what happened. Isn't that very situational though for that to be pulled off? Its rarely pulled off, if perhaps you kept falling for that situation then I guess. After it happend to you once though you should be able to adjust and prevent it happening again although I do realize that a 0 to death makes it harder to come back.
IC's grab is easier to avoid than the SNL.

When's the last time an IC player won a national?
Which nation?

B_AWAL

Smash Master
FOW, Ally, Razer, Salem

Florida is good (definitely top 4 region in the country), but you know damn well yall dont have a top 5 MK (in the world are you kidding me?). Top 5-10 MKs in the world are in New England and Japan. Florida, TX and WC's MKs would follow somewhere after that.

No one plays Fox, Diddy or DDD...

With that said, I wasn't aware Florida had MK banned tournaments. Link me?
Lol if no1 played DDD and 1 person started playing him would that 1 person NOT b the best DDD?

Nakat, Trevonte, TKD, Yui? Trumps had some legit exp & results w/ Fox

We already discussed Diddy

Shaky has better results with JUST NESS. Fow is an MK player

MVD is better than Razer... Whens the last time Razer has done something relevant? MVD has grown to become better as a SNAKE main. I'm sorry?

Salem isn't consistent anymore. While NickR didn't win Apex...(1 tourney) he has a lot more experience and results to back them up. Plus Salem didnt play any1 that knew how to gimp ZSS.

Seibrik is def top 5 MK in USA(Only M2K, Nairo, Tyrant & Anti could possibly be better)

Continue the FL hate dude... We'd love as many haters as we can get.

//JaZz\\

Smash Journeyman
NAKAT is all about winning now which I have noproblem with. NAKAT is all IC's now and TKD quit playing almost 2years ago now. Trevonte is like in only 1-2 tourneys a year an I'm not counting any national either. Zeton is still around in KC. Yui still doing wut he do in JAPAN. I so hoping that Yui this time will be at Apex 2014

Tesh

Smash Hero
Lol if no1 played DDD and 1 person started playing him would that 1 person NOT b the best DDD?

Nakat, Trevonte, TKD, Yui? Trumps had some legit exp & results w/ Fox

We already discussed Diddy

Shaky has better results with JUST NESS. Fow is an MK player

MVD is better than Razer... Whens the last time Razer has done something relevant? MVD has grown to become better as a SNAKE main. I'm sorry?

Salem isn't consistent anymore. While NickR didn't win Apex...(1 tourney) he has a lot more experience and results to back them up. Plus Salem didnt play any1 that knew how to gimp ZSS.

Seibrik is def top 5 MK in USA(Only M2K, Nairo, Tyrant & Anti could possibly be better)

Continue the FL hate dude... We'd love as many haters as we can get.

I don't hate FL, just telling what I believe to be the truth. So don't take any of this personally. I held the opinion that Junebug might be better than Trela and Ally being a better Snake than Razer, when everyone else in my region had dismissed it.

Nick Riddle admits Salem is better vs MK, which is half of what you will run into at a tournament. He also only has a better record because he has been offline longer. Salem "slipping" is at WORST slightly below whatever Nick has been putting in for the past year. Salem narrowly lost to the MK thats supposed to be best against ZSS and still does great vs the best MKs in the country. He must have more going for him than "oh people just keep messing up the gimps".

MVD better than Razer? Where you getting that from man? Razer has been proving himself to be a top player all the way until he quit. He STILL made bracket at Apex even though he was only there because he had to be.

Even last WHOBO where Florida was bodying Texas at every event, Razer still outplaced MVD. Thats probably the closest MVD has come to being on Razer's level. Just this saturday he got wrecked by M2K, a metaknight Razer always beat (in the old days and the new).

I think you are being pretty generous with Seibrik's MK. Seibrik and Atomsk are good, but I think you are missing how many other MKs are that good and BETTER. NY/NJ alone has top 5 on lockdown I think. Just in the Americas I think M2K, Ally, Nairo, Zero, Anti, Pwii, Dojo, Tyrant, Tearbear, TO Joe (hey he won the ditto right?) are or at least could be better. Then in Japan you have Otori, Kakera, Rain, Nietono and a bunch of other really good MKs.

Iono what Diddy Kongs you got but I know Gnes, ADHD, Zinoto, P1, Jebus, Vato Break, Fliphop are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.

When FOW used Ness, he had alot better wins WITH NESS, even though he also used MK.

@DDD, I was just pointing out that its like having a top 5 Jigglypuff (which i think florida does?).

Do you pop into AiB chat, Tesh?
i have it bookmarked as my way to get to aib, but i never linger there.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I knew I've seen you before. Awhile ago...

btw, I really like your avatar. Looking forward to W101 :3

Tesh

Smash Hero
haha, I'm downloading the demo right now. I'm pretty sold, there is a preorder on newegg.com for 53.99 tax free with free shipping that i might jump on after i play the demo and confirm its good. I'm big on supporting nintendo and platinum so this and bayo 2 are big for me.

you should get the demo if u havent already

Master Raven

Smash Master
Does Razer still play? If he hasn't been playing then currently MVD certainly holds the title for best Snake in the world (key word: currently).

Tesh

Smash Hero
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe. The players that went to Japan said Ally/Razer are better than the Japanese Snakes, but they didn't say anything about MVD, Havok or Bizkit.

Then again those Japanese Snakes be losing to Peach so I don't know what to say about that.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I got the demo and I'm 100% sold on it. Love the action, music and chaotic gameplay. I was afraid of it being on the short side but clearly it pushes for replaying and getting high scores in missions.

And it's the closest we'll get to see something like Viewtiful Joe :3

Top Bottom