• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official FL Power Rankings (top 10) as of 10/04/07!!!

Dop

Smash Journeyman
you guys could put me on if you want...

i mean..
i dont really think there are any objections.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
What Shiz said is exactly our view on it, we feel that you need more than ONE good placing at a big FL tourney before we can place you so high, of course I think you ****, it was **** impressive!!!

Compare this to when I got 2nd at MOMAID...I beat Speedn, XIF, and others and beat Shiz one set before losing and placing 2nd...did this mean I should have jump up so high cause I had ONE really good placing???

No, I needed more than just that one to say I'm so high...and from then on I only placed 5th everytime, so overtime it proved that other than that one tourney, I wasn't deserving of being higher ranked!!!

It's the same for you right now...other than this one tourney and winning local tourneys you don't have many high placings at big FL tourneys to back up you being placed as high as you wish!!!

It has nothing to do with SFL bias, there is an even division (actually not even counting fenrir) of SFL to the rest of FL, so don't go acting like this list is based around SFL bias!!!

:colorful:

skrach8

Smash Lord
im not so sure i four stocked you but hell if you said it happend im not gunna call you a liar. so is this proof enough that im no noob. am i accepted in the community.

RockCrock

Smash Champion
If you have a problem with the list, don't come bargining in here, making a mess of this thread, saying "do this," or "do that" and accusing people of making a ****ty list. If you have a suggestion or something you would like to say, you should either post it (without making yourself look like a fool), or pass it onto your regional representative for future discussion. Saying "remove me from this bias list!!!" tremendously disprespects the panelists who worked hard on the list.

Again I will say this is a DISCUSSION thread. Having a problem with the list is OK, but hot-headed posts are not. If you have an issue about the list you would like to discuss, I encourage you to post. Express your feelings so that others can understand them. Identify specific problems in the list, don't generalize. If you think Lamb has slid by with less than stellar preformance, say so, don't be ambiguous.

Also keep in mind, that no one is forcing you to post, or read this thread. The Florida Power Rankings will not prevent you from entering a tourney, or playing the character you want to, and it does not inhibit your ability to have fun.

:bigthumbu

Darkfalchion0813

BRoomer
BRoomer
hey rock, i already expressed my ideas about the pr, sorry if you disagree.
all i said was i want to be taken off the list, because yes, it IS *****y. lmao, i couldnt care less about the "hardwork" everyone put into this list (sorry, im an @******).

oh, and limpcock, i realize that i dont have to post here, and no ones making me post. But, I AM going to post when i dont want my name on this list. And i wont stop posting here until my name is taken off the $h1ttee list.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
1: just... shut up, honestly queen hasnt even been online and you wont be quiet about being taken off the list. THE ONE WHO CAN DO THAT IS NOT EVEN HERE.

2: you're reaction, however justified it may seem or is, is completely overboard. This is exactly how previous powerrankings have failed, because of the kind of objections thrown to it like this. If you have a problem post calmly and with a level head, not with all the subtlety of a caffeine pumped 4 year old.

3: it means nothing to call it biased and not state specifically why. its ridiculous to throw accusations out there without any backing.

I have not said you are wrong, that you need to keep your opinions to yourself, etc. I have said none of that. But have the maturity to post like a coherent rationalizing adult.

derf

Smash Ace
dude chill out josh. i understand where youre coming from but dont flame peoples

on josh's behalf, the one tourney thing doesnt really fit him as hes been around 3 years and been a topish player in fl for more than a year now. its his bad luck that he recently started a new job and couldnt request off for a few of these tournies

sfl guys: from dark falchions perspective, hes been dealing with the general perception throughout sfl that he was overrated ever since paws like 20 months ago. hes taken more **** than most fl smashers

XIF

Smash Master
the problem is that when you've gone to all of 2 tournaments in like 6 months (with other regions involved, we already agree locals dont mean ****) and you place 9th at one and 2nd at the other, there's very little evidence to show consistency befitting of a top player.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
*attempts to cross from GA to an FL thread*

Hmmm.... nicely put XIF. Though I'm glad to see a rankings thread for FL, I guess some kinks need to be worked out. But I think for the most part, you guys have a solid idea, and I certainly again agree with XIF on the matter of frequency in showing up to tournaments. I can use GA as an example. GA's best player is Mike G obviously, yet we have him in Tier 2 simply because of tourny attendance consistency. So I do not find it to be a biased list, but rather a list that had no choice but to be that way. If anyone wishes to change that, then they should do something about it by not whining on the boards, but instead actually trying to attend these tournies, kick some ***, and move on up. Simple (but not easy) as that.

*runs back to GA using a full flame armored tank*

XIF

Smash Master
nicely put elam.

we're already planning on switching it up after SUPS, assuming other regions of FL do come as promised.

i also really wanted to respond to this specifically:

to shiz: lmao!!!! man, that wouldnt prove anything, im 100% sure that unless i drive to every sfl tourney and own for a whole year, ill never get top spot. its always been like this. sfl has always been biased vs cfl. oh, and this ahs nothing to do with you shiz, im just mad at most of the other sfl smashers who didnt do so well at the last tourney, and need something they can look at and make them feel like theyre still the best.

to queen: well, i DONT give a **** about the list, y do u think i wanna drop out? cuz i care about the list? no, what gets me, is the fact that most of sfl could never admit that theres possibly a few cfl players that are better than them. They have to resort to making a powerrankings list to show that theyre still the best in there own little world. So i dont wanna be part of this biased crap anymore.

besides the fact that there was an even amount of CFL and SFL panelists (and really, SWFL and SEFL are worlds apart), how can you come to any conclusion about what your placing would be if you NEVER GO TO TOURNAMENTS. Its really, really simple. Play in more tournaments. At LTEC, the dec. giga, and the feb. giga, SFL almost completely took top 5 placings. at March giga it was half CFL and half SWFL. You act as if SFL is big bad wolf here to keep CFL down, which is simply ABSURD. CFL needs to come to more tournaments and place well if they want to be higher in the PR's. And stop using low tiers =P

I have one question for you though.

Would you have skrach8 in top 5 as well in the PR's? You both have about the same credentials for out of region tournaments. He got 2nd at one as well. I think the more accurate question is if in february he would have been top 5? perhaps number 4 since he beat me but still under lambchops since lamb beat him?

and if you really didnt care about the list, you wouldnt be acting so childish over it.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
BLah blah blah blah blah blah blah

And stop using low tiers =P

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
Psshht......nevar!!!!!!

People who don't take Smash as a fun game...and simply that...should quit. Seriously. If it becomes so serious, what's the point?

vericz

Smash Champion
No one could have ever guessed this was going to happen.
DF-stay on the list, you're too pro. You're 7th on the list but that doesn't mean you can't take out anyone above you. Come on, you beat shiz in one set. Your absence does hurt you but we all know you are too good and own tourneys even when SFL is there.

I'm surprised rice made it on there, good job :)
I would have thought colbol would take that spot, oh well. Top 10 is too small to show all the great players.

:laugh: this list WILL change after SUPS because I don't think everyone will be there (NFL and CFL)

RAM

Smash Lord
*approves Top Ten list* I would love to see a Honorable Mention/ Legend list cause just like my lil Brother Smashmac mentioned I play characters I like and I try really hard to place as high as possible, when I started playing competitively I had only one goal and that was to Become one of the best Luigi players, and I think I'm coming pretty close to that goal. the best I ever did was get 9th place at INN 4 going Luigi the whole time and they had over 80 Smashers there. but I have only been to one FL tourney and did'nt do as well as I hoped. but me and the rest of NFL plan to make it to more FL tourneys ( we have our sights on Gigabits on the 21st of April ) and hopefully I'll gain some respect from my own state instead of OOS by playing my absolute best. BEWARE OF THE ULTIMATE UNDERDOG ******

On a side note I'm digging XIF's new sig :)

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Well, in all honesty, if you look at my placings in the five tourney, and don't count the latest gigs, I do really well generally...top ten in all. so yeah...I might should be on the list....

....if I was still playing Fox...

Without that, though, no way. I don't deserve it.

And I'm won't play Fox...so until Link takes over the power rankings, I won't be on it.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
DooDah lolz at your "then fight me". You always have something in your posts that make me have a better day.

Top Bottom