• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Code Q&A + Requests

Sterowent

Smash Ace
Is there a way to adjust the dash canceling to allow the cancel during initial dashes?

I believe this could help standing grabs, varying up the grab games a bit more, among other things.

Edit: found probably

alright, is there a way to fix this then? Is that possible?

Xer0mega

Smash Rookie
I have 2 code requests for non-competitive play.

1. Well actually I was wondering if this one was even possible. Is it possible to teleport to a location that is RELATIVE to your opponent's position? If so, I'd like to also ask that a code be made for this.

2. Again, another question; is it possible to create the timer effect (just the effect), and assign it to a button or something similar? If so, I'd like to request a code for this as well.

If either one or both are not possible, please at least let me know. Thank you.

KAN

Smash Cadet
I have a problem with Luigi's Mansion. The stage won't load. The game freezes in the stage select screen (without the usual noise, the game ust stops there).
The flatlands code does not seem to cause this. It freezes even without the code on.

Also every piece of music in Luigi's Mansion is turned off: In My Music all bars are empty and they can only be moved once by one little bit. If one scrolls up or down or exits and reenters the Luigi's Mansion My Music Screen the changes are gone, each bar is again empty.

The code for resetting Luigi's Mansion My Music resets the songs (I swapped them before hand to test that) but not the probability of playing them.

So, help! How do I get Luigi's Mansion back? :(

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I'm willing to bet with the wide variety of people with broken Luigi's Mansion experience out there, there's someone who's had your exact problem and knows what to do. But in case they don't, I'd say the first thing I'd do is turn the Music Reset code on, then turn all codes off and go try setting the music probability. Without codes constantly making forcible changes to the musics playing, you should be able to modify them successfully.

KAN

Smash Cadet
Thank you very much. It worked. :D
I should have come up with that myself. -.-
Thanks for the quick and helpful response. ^^

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm new to Brawl+. I'm asking about the handicap- not really the code, but this is a Q&A so... (I know it sets the buffer window) What exactly is it used for? Are players allowed to set it however they choose? I know some prefer not to have it, so that could be the reason...

Almas

Smash Lord
Yes, players use it to choose their own buffer values. Different characters and players benefit from different values. For example, a Ganondorf player might want a high buffering so that they can Thunderstomp easily, whilst an Ike player may want a low buffering to prevent risk of SDs from being pushed off the edge.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
while some people might like 10F because they're used to normal brawl, while others may like 0F because they're used to Melee/64

edit: on second thought, NEVER invent a game "Melee 64"; All the awesome of Melee + all the awesome of 64 would make the most stupid broken game i've ever seen. There's a reason their awesomes are disjoint. 64 has a **** ton of hitstun and no DI to make up for the lack of movement, while Melee has low hitstun and DI to make up for it's really open ended movement system.

edit 2: it just occoured to me that brawl has the balancing mechanic in the previously described section of both games, overwriting each of the strong points (i.e. Melee's low hitstun + better DI to make up for-- a worse than-- 64 style lack of movement). HA

Coney

Smash Master
This is where I make requests for codes, right? Right.

Well I have a tiny eensy-teensy request. In Melee, you could pick your character as fast as you wanted, effectively making the announcer talk over himself. As a Jigglypuff main, I'd make it a point to start each match with "JIGGLYJIGGLYJIGGLYJIGGLY," talking over my opponent's character choice. It was obnoxious and it was hilarious.

In Brawl, you can only do this with a few characters--luckily DDD, my main, gets the treatment, as does G&W, but that's it (i think), and it's not NEARLY as annoying as I'd like.

Is there absolutely any way that you can eliminate the delay between selecting a character over and over? It sounds difficult, but you guys have done some amazing things thus far, so...

Here's a video for reference. Basically, what I want to do is exactly at 0:00 - 0:10 in this video.

smasher32

Smash Journeyman
This is where I make requests for codes, right? Right.

Well I have a tiny eensy-teensy request. In Melee, you could pick your character as fast as you wanted, effectively making the announcer talk over himself. As a Jigglypuff main, I'd make it a point to start each match with "JIGGLYJIGGLYJIGGLYJIGGLY," talking over my opponent's character choice. It was obnoxious and it was hilarious.

In Brawl, you can only do this with a few characters--luckily DDD, my main, gets the treatment, as does G&W, but that's it (i think), and it's not NEARLY as annoying as I'd like.

Is there absolutely any way that you can eliminate the delay between selecting a character over and over? It sounds difficult, but you guys have done some amazing things thus far, so...

Here's a video for reference. Basically, what I want to do is exactly at 0:00 - 0:10 in this video.
This.

In the mean time, you still have the seizure cancel.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Can you guys make a code that makes it so that score display is on by default? I rarely play time mode but I don't see why you would ever want it off. It seems like it would be an easy thing to do.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Is it possible to have a code that replaces the stocks shown in-game above the percent meter to be the small character heads like in Melee rather than the colored balls like they currently are? It is sometimes hard to see 3 stocks, and this small adjustment would be rather nice.

Coney

Smash Master
This.

In the mean time, you still have the seizure cancel.
If that's anything other than pressing B and A really fast, I need to know what it is.

Though it'd be nice if you guys started working on it! Just think of it:

"MISTERMISTERMISTMISTMISMISMISMISTERGAYMISTERGAYMISTERGAYMISTERGA*PLINK*"

Sterowent

Smash Ace
Is it possible to have a code that replaces the stocks shown in-game above the percent meter to be the small character heads like in Melee rather than the colored balls like they currently are? It is sometimes hard to see 3 stocks, and this small adjustment would be rather nice.
Quoted because it's Panda. I know it's possible, but i have no idea how to do this.

Could someone go into detail here?

Edit: comboking, i don't believe geckoOS works with bannerbomb yet.

yes...yes, it sucks. it sucks so bad, but, uh...a lot of people are at least able to install homebrew now!
that's pretty nice.

Zodiac

Smash Master
What I need is to find out how get the new code set to work, I looked at the faqs but didnt find my answer. It says theres to many codes, with gct file.

Kain6th

Smash Ace
I was thinking of making a topic about this, but figured asking here would be better.

1. Can you/have you made textures similar to past stages like N64 Hyrule Castle or Fountain of dreams to add to a custom stage creation so that they look much similar to them?
2. can you create things in the background such as the big tower with platforms you can jump on in Hyrule Castle n64 or things in the foreground like the pyramid shaped roof on the same level? Here's a pic to help you see: http://zelda.gry-online.pl/gry/ssb/plansze/zamek hyrule.JPG
3. Can you change certain properties of platforms in custom stages so that they are grabbable such as a slanted block like the left side of Hyrule Castle?

If these three things are possible that would be so awesome, you could maybe bring back all of the past stages and make them look almost exactly like them too.

Diddyknight

Smash Lord
i tried to put the infinite replay, tags in replay in codes and the texture hack in the codes folder. the infinite replay and the tags in replay codes in \pf\ but it doesnt work. It does loades..and loades...and never loads....

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Requesting a Code (If there IS one)

I'm looking for a code that can swap Dedede's Final Smash Music with a Particular kind of Song that I like, is there such a code?
It can be a code that can be loaded from SD

or...

if anyone here can tell me the directory on the Disc where I can find and replace it.

Something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJNPfqE1EUE

Rudra

Smash Ace
You could have used the code request thread, but stuff does get lost there.
Anyways, I dont know if the music swap hack works on D3's FS music.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Music cannot be loaded from the SD, they are trying to find a hook to allow streaming loading but its gonna be difficult. Post in the Q&A next time and mods lock this thread. Learn to iso hack.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yes, players use it to choose their own buffer values. Different characters and players benefit from different values. For example, a Ganondorf player might want a high buffering so that they can Thunderstomp easily, whilst an Ike player may want a low buffering to prevent risk of SDs from being pushed off the edge.
while some people might like 10F because they're used to normal brawl, while others may like 0F because they're used to Melee/64

edit: on second thought, NEVER invent a game "Melee 64"; All the awesome of Melee + all the awesome of 64 would make the most stupid broken game i've ever seen. There's a reason their awesomes are disjoint. 64 has a **** ton of hitstun and no DI to make up for the lack of movement, while Melee has low hitstun and DI to make up for it's really open ended movement system.

edit 2: it just occoured to me that brawl has the balancing mechanic in the previously described section of both games, overwriting each of the strong points (i.e. Melee's low hitstun + better DI to make up for-- a worse than-- 64 style lack of movement). HA
Thanks for the thorough responses. Helps me know that at least the Brawl+ community cares about keeping new players a part of the scene. After reading this I set my buffer window to whatever the 300% was (30 frame buffer window I suppose?) and I moved much, much more fluidly and faster. Melee-esk even. Cool stuff.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
30F buffer window!?!??!?!?! Jesus Christ how do you control that??!?! I can't even stand the brawl defualt 10F, and prefer the Melee 0F

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't know if 300% is 30 frames, lol. It was just a guess. In regular Brawl I rely on buffering my movements and in any sort of lag, (like on LCDs) I feel like my fingers are broken and I literally can't do anything. I can't even land on the ground and jump up again unless I voluntarily and repeatedly hit the jump button. It's quite sad. The 300% option feels like it reverses the lag, lol. You can imagine what it's like for me transitioning from Brawl to Melee. >_>

Almas

Smash Lord
The buffering window caps at 10 frames. Anything above 100% reads as 100% for this purpose.

~CPU~

Smash Apprentice
how do i put two .gct files in the codes folder if they all have to be RSBE01.gct

lmdst

Smash Rookie
how do i put two .gct files in the codes folder if they all have to be RSBE01.gct
Don't think you can. If you want to load all codes at the same time, they have to be in the same file. If they're for two separate sets of codes, you'll have to rename them as needed.

~CPU~

Smash Apprentice
Don't think you can. If you want to load all codes at the same time, they have to be in the same file. If they're for two separate sets of codes, you'll have to rename them as needed.
is there a way to look at the codes in the .gct files?

Top Bottom