• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Brawl Tier Discussion (OP Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshiman47

Smash Rookie
Can random noobs stop posting their arbitrary tier lists which make no sense and provide no rationale
Why dont you tell me why my list makes no sense and provides no rationale. Back up your statment and stop getting people mad... the question is can a random noob like you stop making useless posts telling people to stop posting their teir lists, its not gonna happen. I guess you didnt remember the title of the thread.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Here is my tier list which I don't outright claim to be the definitive hierarchy of Brawl, because that would be a little too self-important to be accepted by all the other pompous, misinformed tier makers who think they know anything about game-play mechanics or character potential because they pre-ordered the game and stood in line for twenty minutes, thus making them a die-hard fan and therefore somehow reputable, but which I'm pretty sure is fairly accurate and isn't just me jumping on the "let's make a potential tier list because anybody cares" bandwagon. By saying this the people who actually know what they're doing hopefully won't attack me for my lack of respectable opinions.

HIGH TIER
The characters which I play with and therefore must be good because I have an unbiased opinion of the handful of characters that I exclusively play with.

MIDDLE TIER
The characters which my friends use and sometimes beat me with (almost always flukes or I accidentally killed myself, so it doesn't count) who I must therefore begrudgingly acknowledge to have some degree of notability.

LOW TIER
The characters which me and my friends never use because they didn't immediately appeal to us, which means they suck. Nevermind the fact that many of the characters on this list often have moves or abilities that are generally regarded by the Smash community as very useful and powerful, or that other people with more than two neurons in their brains have made more coherent, and flexible tier lists which back up their claims with character analysis, the fact that I personally do not see anything special with these characters warrants their designation as horrible (because the people who spent years programming the game were inept enough to create a character that is outright bad).

By the way, I was being sarcastic.

Oh wow your right I take back some things I Said on my tier list. G&W and lucas are on my top because I think they are just about godly and you have just made me feel like a complete noob...I did try to do my fair share of playing EVERY character and might have missed some things some characters are cabaple of. but other than that I stand by it

PerpetualDusk

Smash Rookie
Can random noobs stop posting their arbitrary tier lists which make no sense and provide no rationale
Tell me why my list makes no sense and provides no rationale. Can people also stop making useless posts telling people to stop posting their teir lists, its not gonna happen. I guess you didn't remember the title of the thread. My list is not a joke.
I echo hoops' sentiments exactly. Your list makes no sense for many obvious reasons, the most blatant being that you've attempted to sort the characters into six different tiers. Six. When the game has barely been out for two months. Lists should have no more than three tiers at this point, because the game is far too fresh to make distinctions any more accurate than that even with regards to hypothesizing.
Second, the character placement is ridiculous. You placed Wolf as top, but Fox as Middle? There really shouldn't be that much of a deviation between two characters that play very similarly. Then you put Pikachu in the low middle tier, when it's pretty apparent to anyone's who's ever played as Pikachu a couple times that he's been buffed to huge degree, and at least deserving of a high or middle tier for the amount of power he now possesses. Olimar is another character that you are vastly underestimating. In the hands of a skilled player Olimar can rack up decent to high amounts of damage from a distance. From a distance. And I don't mean in the way of Samus or Link, I mean in the way that you can spam a move as easy and in the amount of time that Peach would pull and throw a single turnip. Plus, just for good measure, disjointed hitboxes! Yay! And maybe this doesn't deserve the OMFGZ GOD TIER but it definitely deserves a higher placement than the bottom.
As a whole your list seems on a whim and uninspired. It has holes clear to anyone who has done even the most minimal amount of research on the characters as a whole, which is what one would be expected to do if they're presenting the public with a freaking tier list.
And by the way, the title of the thread is "Official Brawl Tier Discussion" not "Post your simplistic Tier Lists without fear of reprisal". This a discussion, and discussions have two sides. Get over it.
My side has evidence; where's yours?

I've actually wrote several drafts of a tier list before the one I've posted here. Obviously, my list is wrong, considering the fact that I've the game for less than a month, but that is what feels right to me.

Oh, and Yoshiman47? There is no such thing as defense in Brawl. Defense is not an attribute in this game, so I cannot see how Snake could be high tier rather than top because "he doesn't have good enough defense". The closest thing to defense in Brawl is weight, and Snake is heavier than most of the characters you put above him.

Cinder

Smash Master
High
G&W(SO INCREDIBLY BUFFED)
His roll still sucks...he was buffed, but not enough to put him in High Tier...Middle tier at best...

Lucario(so INSANELY weak)
Ya see folks, this is why you never make a tier list based on how a Level 1 CPU fights...

As a Lucario main, I strongly disagree...until it takes about 50 or so damage, Lucario isn't that strong, but not only is it decent weighted, it has decent power after about 70 damage or so, and it has amazing combos...Middle tier at least...

Sonic(all he does is roll...)
I'm trying to find the logic in this argument, but for some reason, I can't seem to find it...

EDIT: When is the official tier list supposed to be released, again?

PensFan101

Smash Rookie
Might as well take a stab at it:

The following is just based on how I think things may turn out, and the characters in each tier are in no particular order.

High Tier

Fox- If nothing else, his popularity in Melee will lead to him getting a lot of playtime by the pros, and it would seem only logical that he may develop a metagame faster than others.
Falco- See Fox
Wolf-Basically Fox and Falco, I wouldn't be surprised to see him near the upper levels
Marth - For similar reasons as Fox, but also because many people's impresions of Marth have been nothing short of positive, and he has a lot of uses
Shiek - The few times I've played her she has seemed incredibly strong (fsmash ftw), with good speed, and I can see how she again suits the pro style. The only thing holding her back is her now mortal needles.
Lucas - Kind of a homer pick here (since I share his name), but he has some incredible options at his disposal. His usmash is slow but kills consitently at 50% (excpt the heavier characters), his PK Thunder is much more annoying than Ness', and if a player can learn not to get owned because of his floatiness he could be up here.
Diddy - His bananas make give him an excellent approach, and some of his smashes are just strong enough for him to be lethal. Love the way he moves.

Middle Tier

Everyone else not mentioned in High or Bottom Tier, although I do have some comments on a few of them:

Pokemon Trainer - A more complex tier list will have these three guys seperated. Squirtle with his amazing recovery and balanced moveset makes me think he will be the highest of the three. Next I like Ivysaur because he seems to have a great set of smashes. Of course, I think Charizard may be higher because he is a such a tank, and has a lot of strong attacks. That versatility will probably put Pokemon Trainer as a whole at the top of the middle tier.

Game and Watch - Going to be a real shocker, G&W is greatly improved in Brawl, and I really think he has a chance to go places.

Toon Link - a high tier candidate for sure IMO, Toon Link is what young Link could have been in Melee. His arenal feels more potent than Links, and his Up B is much more dangerous. The speed factor is what will put him over his counterpart IMO.

Ike - already one of the most popular characters online, Ike has a lot of kill move, an excellent Up B and his side B gives him a surpising amount of movement. Specific characters will probably eat him up for sure, but he could give guys like Fox a real challenge if you right.

Bottom Tier

Ganondorf- There will probably be a few really good Gannon players, but if Brawl speeds up much more, he could be left in the dust at the pro level. A good player will be able to compensate though, and one you get an opponent off the stage he has some excellent edge guard options
Bowser- For many of the same reasons as Ganondorf, but I just don't think Bowser has the arsenal or the attributes necessary to go big.
Samus- The lack of a sky launch attack is a little alarming. I don't know if Samus will be this low, but I don't believe she is improved or good enough to compete with the Brawl Crowd
Wario- Short range leaves me frustrated, and while he has some strong attacks, the fact that it feels like you're fighting as a man with mutilated limbs has me feeling he could be at the bottom.

Yoshiman47

Smash Rookie
I echo hoops' sentiments exactly. Your list makes no sense for many obvious reasons, the most blatant being that you've attempted to sort the characters into six different tiers. Six. When the game has barely been out for two months. Lists should have no more than three tiers at this point, because the game is far too fresh to make distinctions any more accurate than that even with regards to hypothesizing.
Second, the character placement is ridiculous. You placed Wolf as top, but Fox as Middle? There really shouldn't be that much of a deviation between two characters that play very similarly. Then you put Pikachu in the low middle tier, when it's pretty apparent to anyone's who's ever played as Pikachu a couple times that he's been buffed to huge degree, and at least deserving of a high or middle tier for the amount of power he now possesses. Olimar is another character that you are vastly underestimating. In the hands of a skilled player Olimar can rack up decent to high amounts of damage from a distance. From a distance. And I don't mean in the way of Samus or Link, I mean in the way that you can spam a move as easy and in the amount of time that Peach would pull and throw a single turnip. Plus, just for good measure, disjointed hitboxes! Yay! And maybe this doesn't deserve the OMFGZ GOD TIER but it definitely deserves a higher placement than the bottom.
As a whole your list seems on a whim and uninspired. It has holes clear to anyone who has done even the most minimal amount of research on the characters as a whole, which is what one would be expected to do if they're presenting the public with a freaking tier list.
And by the way, the title of the thread is "Official Brawl Tier Discussion" not "Post your simplistic Tier Lists without fear of reprisal". This a discussion, and discussions have two sides. Get over it.
My side has evidence; where's yours?
I have no clue how you would know that I didnt research very much, because I did. Just because you think that my list is very inaccurate in your own oppinion doesnt mean that its whim and uninspiring. Just from the information you just gave me by far means that your the one thats done the minamal amount of research. First off wolf is totally different then fox are you kidding me. Wolf is by far more surperior then fox, fox lacks a lot of the defensive abilities that wolf has. Wolfs fire special move is far more superior then fox,
Wolf has an anti air ability,he has a dair spike, hes heavier then fox and fox is in the low teir section when it comes to ko potential and weight. Hes only in mid tier because his speed partialy makes up for it. Olimar couldent fight his way out of a 4 player free for all no matter how good the olimar player is, thats why he is a low tier in my oppinion hes good when it comes to 1vs 1 but in tournaments most of your matches arent going to be 1vs 1. You write a tier list so I can talk crap about it ,hut your mouth and let the person that wrote what I responded to speak for themselves.

PerpetualDusk

Smash Rookie
I have no clue how you would know that I didnt research very much, because I did. Just because you think that my list is very inaccurate in your own oppinion doesnt mean that its whim and uninspiring. Just from the information you just gave me by far means that your the one thats done the minamal amount of research. First off wolf is totally different then fox are you kidding me. Wolf is by far more surperior then fox, fox lacks a lot of the defensive abilities that wolf has. Wolfs fire special move is far more superior then fox,
Wolf has an anti air ability,he has a dair spike, hes heavier then fox and fox is in the low teir section when it comes to ko potential and weight. Hes only in mid tier because his speed partialy makes up for it. Olimar couldent fight his way out of a 4 player free for all no matter how good the olimar player is, thats why he is a low tier in my oppinion hes good when it comes to 1vs 1 but in tournaments most of your matches arent going to be 1vs 1. You write a tier list so I can talk crap about it ,hut your mouth and let the person that wrote what I responded to speak for themselves.
I wasn't arguing that Wolf = Fox, I was arguing that their inherent similarities make it laughable to suggest that there would be three tier deviations between them. Besides, most people argue that both Fox and Wolf, and Falco will be on the higher end of the tier list, due their speed and all that they had going for them in Melee (obviously disregarding Wolf) which remains for the most part intact. As for Olimar I have personally have been more than proficient with him in four-player brawls, so I'm not sure what you're talking about. But even disregarding my own personal experience it's obvious that Olimar is still a far better contender than is worthy of bottom tier because even if you take away his Pikmin Throw spamming (which is all you really do in larger brawls) he still possesses his strength and ranged smashes, which are consistently highly regarded. I doubt that many knowledgeable persons would agree with your assertions on Olimar, mainly because they're wrong.
Also, this is an open debate, fool, I can speak when I wish, and don't you forget that.

Yoshiman47

Smash Rookie
I wasn't arguing that Wolf = Fox, I was arguing that their inherent similarities make it laughable to suggest that there would be three tier deviations between them. Besides, most people argue that both Fox and Wolf, and Falco will be on the higher end of the tier list, due their speed and all that they had going for them in Melee (obviously disregarding Wolf) which remains for the most part intact. As for Olimar I have personally have been more than proficient with him in four-player brawls, so I'm not sure what you're talking about. But even disregarding my own personal experience it's obvious that Olimar is still a far better contender than is worthy of bottom tier because even if you take away his Pikmin Throw spamming (which is all you really do in larger brawls) he still possesses his strength and ranged smashes, which are consistently highly regarded. I doubt that many knowledgeable persons would agree with your assertions on Olimar, mainly because they're wrong.
Also, this is an open debate, fool, I can speak when I wish, and don't you forget that.
You must have been playing with some bad people, anyone can steal your kill when your trying to kill people with olimar... Yes this is an open debate but you buting in just shows that your an annoying noob that needs to stop making people mad by stating how horrible there oppinions are.

TestRider

Smash Ace
Olimar couldent fight his way out of a 4 player free for all no matter how good the olimar player is, thats why he is a low tier in my oppinion hes good when it comes to 1vs 1 but in tournaments most of your matches arent going to be 1vs 1.
Nice job making a complete fool of yourself, go to a real tournament before you come posting your "tier list" in here, and while you're at it, go learn some freaking grammar.

Do you have any clue about what you're talking about? If you'd have researched your tier list, you would know why Luigi is so good and that there is no such thing as defense in Brawl.

Learn how to play before sounding like a scrub.

PerpetualDusk

Smash Rookie
You must have been playing with some bad people, anyone can steal your kill when your trying to kill people with olimar... Yes this is an open debate but you buting in just shows that your an annoying noob that needs to stop making people mad by stating how horrible there oppinions are.
Anyone can steal your kill when you're trying to kill people with anyone. Olimar is not especially susceptible to this at all, and you have no proof otherwise. If you do, I challenge you to present it. Conjecture is not a valid premise.

I'll stop making you mad by pointing out how horrible your opinions are as soon as you stop having horrible opinions.
This is a free discussion on a forum: there is no such thing as "butting in".
You should have learned how to debate before you attempted to, now you've made a fool of yourself in front of everyone.

I also find it funny that you call people who are clearly smarter than you noobs, even though your post count is six and you joined this month.

Like I said earlier, learn how to play, and learn how to type while you're at it.

BAND!T

Smash Cadet
most tournament matches arent 1v1? THEN DONT USE OLIMAR IN THOSE MATCHES. he can really hold his own in a 1v1. i suffered a great amount of losses against one. but whats the point in a tournament if its not 1v1 or 2v2. so much corruption and hate can come up in a free for all.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Ok let me set some things straight-

ON LUCARIO

I'm not dumb, I know he gets stronger when his damage rises. But have you actually seen how much stronger he gets? Me and a friend took fox against him and shot lucario up to high damages and he was still weak. Besides, hes fairly light and his recovery is mediocre and you can edgehogg it easily. Basically, Lucario does'nt last very long. A skilled Ike can wreck Lucario for example.

G&W

His roll does'nt suck, his animation just makes it look really bad. And yes, alot of his moves were changed and made better, and he has better recovery now because off his up b you have an automatic parachute that comes down that leads to other combos and such, just look through the game and watch forum and you'll know what I'm talking about.

SONIC

Try to tell me that he does'nt do much more than roll. And he is also really weak. Yeah hes the fastest character in the game but that does'nt matter when he has no way of killing anything and he can die soooooooooo easily. If your good at the game you will know how to dodge a simple attack of something that rolls at you. Or some small weak punches and kicks.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Yeah player skills matter, but Olimar just=bad in free for all. In 1v1's he has time to work up his opponents damage and eventually kill them without being touched uninteruppted. But when you throw in other characters running around and hitting him poor lil olimar cant really hold up. Other than that he is fairly godly in 1v1's and can definitely hold his own in tournaments which are usually 1v1 *******

Olimar is worse at handling pressure than a warm stick of butter.

EDIT: Wait, what did I just say?

F*ck it, never mind. OLIMAR IS CRAP IN FFAS.

Sorry, but his playstyle just doesn't suit anything but 1 on 1s.

Top:

Snake
Marth
Toon Link
Falco
Luigi

High:

Diddy Kong
Pit
Wolf
Fox
R.O.B.
King Dedede
Pikmin and Olimar

High-Middle:

Ike
Lucas
Meta Knight
Pokemon Trainer

Middle:

Pikachu
Mr. Game & Watch
Sonic
Lucario
Ness
Zelda
Mario
Samus
Kirby
Wario
Zero Suit Samus
Peach
Bowser
Link
Sheik

Middle-Low:
Yoshi
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Donkey Kong
Ice Climbers
Captain Falcon

Low:

Nobody.

Changed it up a bit.

Eddy01741

Smash Cadet
Well, I think one of the characters here that gets a lot of attention is Ike, and I enjoy hearing peoples' opinions about him and his tier list placement. So far, I have seen (since page like 45), him placed in low-top tier, mostly mid or high tier though. The biggest problem is that he is slow, and by melee standards, only fast characters can even make high tier. In brawl, that's more debatable. Also, his high pre and post lag on most of his attacks is another thing against him, he is easily punishable and his moves are easily interrupted. However, he has massive range and sheer power. If spaced properly, he can attack and be out of reach of the opponent, although that is challenging, and his power is undoubtedly the overall greatest in the game. All his moves have quite considerable knock back, and Ike can KO most characters below 100% in a real fight. With the current metagame, I would put him in high tier, simply because of his KOing potential and sheer power, however, only time will tell, he could turn out to be another roy.

hoopspr226

Smash Journeyman
You forgot Yoshi. But other than that, not a bad list. I agree with many of your choices. However, one of my main problems with your list (in addition to several other ones I have seen) is the fact that you gave Falcon his own, terrible tier. While it's clear that he was significantly nerfed, I really don't think he deserves his own garbage tier. He is not equivalent Melee's Pichu/Mewtwo, and even those two were placed along side quite a few others in a bottom tier.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
Re: Japanese Tier List

[SS Rank]
Snake, ROB, Metakknight- I think Snake will go down in time. As of now nobody is remotely used to fighting against this kind of character and it makes the few that have mastered him hard to deal with. I don't have extensive experience with Snake but it seems that he may have trouble with characters that could pressure him well such as MK and Shiek. I could see Rob being Top Tier with his awesome projectiles, great air game and decent power. I can't think of a particularly bad match up for him. MK seems like he may have trouble with characters who can exceed his reach and have better KO ability. Marth and Toon Link mainly. Also Ike maybe. Despite that he should definitely be high tier.
[S Rank]
Falco- Still seems pretty good. Even though I'm not really a Falco main I do well whenever I play as him (I mostly choose random.) I don't know him well enough to go in detail but he's another character that doesn't have any obvious bad matches. Still I think he could be brought down to the lower level, only because I don't think he's an entire tier above them.
[A Rank]
Toon, G&W, Marth, Diddy, Zamus, Fox, Mario, Pit- Pretty much right although I could see Marth and Toon Link being higher. I'm not sure if I agree with G&W's high placement. He's clearly waaaay better than his Melee counterpart but nothing about him blows me away.
[B Rank]
Pikachu, Sheik, Wolf, Wario, IC, Samus, Luigi, Lucario, Bowser, DK, Kirby- Wario seems out of place. I just haven't been able to use him effectively so I need some evidence to back this up. I'd personally place Kirby higher in this group (if it is in any particular order, but that may just be my fanboyism talking. They got DK right as he is in no way deserving of bottom Tier. He is pretty much better than all of the ones below him. I could see Sheik and Pika making it up a rank and possibly Luigi. Lucario is overrated. While his aura power up is a nice boost he never approaches the power of the heavyweights and doesn't have enough else going for him to make him top tier or even high tier material.
[C Rank]
Peach, Olimar, DDD, Lucas- I'm a bit confused why Lucas didn't make it to the above tier. But then I never really played that much as Lucas. All of his finishers are pretty slow, so maybe thats what that is about. DDD is another overrated character. He has some tremendously powerful smashes but those are slow and his tilts while quick aren't great finishers (save for his up tilt).
[D Rank]
Link, Ike, Ness, Pokemon Trainer, Falcon, Sonic- Ike is another one who is overrated. He could dominate mediocre players but he has trouble against skilled players with a lot of speed or strong projectile games. He matches up pretty poorly with most of the higher ranked characters. Ness doesn't seem that much better than his Melee counterpart. I could see Sonic (and possibly PT) going up in the rankings if some skilled players can learn how to use him better and teach us. His speed has to have some potential use, and his rolls seem to have some mindgame potential, If only he could KO.
[E Rank]
Zelda- Another vastly overrated character. Dins fire is better but it just isn't enough. Her lightning kicks are harder to land, and she lacks a really useful aerial. UP a is slow, down A is only useful sometimes, neutral is ok for defensive purposes, and the lightning kicks can only be used when you have a good clear shot. She has poor approach options and lacks quick attacks. Better than Melee but not by enough.
[F Rank]
Jigglypuff- I liked Jiggly in Melee but she's been nerfed very badly. She can't dominate the air like she used to. Quick characters with disjointed hitboxed are a problem. This means, Pit, Metaknight, Marth, and Toon Link (especially the two with multiple jumps). Heavyweights are now a bigger problem. She's still the lightest and with rest no longer balancing things out they can dominate. Her aerial ability is diminished and rest has been nerfed so whats left?
[G Rank]
Ganon, Yoshi- They got this right. These two just aren't very good. Ganondorf is far too slow to be very useful. Bowser, Dedede , and DK have a few quick attacks to build up damage and space. DK, Dedede, and Ike all have good range (Especially Ike). Ganondorf has nothing. He has power but its not enough. I haven't found a way to use Yoshi effectively yet. No double jump cancel really kills his game. Both of these characters can be used by skilled players but I can't think of a single character they have any notable advantage over.

Well anyway thats just my impressions so of course they're not infallible and I am by no means qualified to create a tier list. But speculating and arguing over these trivial things is half the fun of smash and why we come to these boards. If you disagree by all means explain what you disagree with.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Snake will definitely be in the top 4.

His hitboxes are ridiculous and he is very hard to fight with non-projectile characters and he can camp like a beast.

Zelda should be top tier.

Who cares about her approach, which is decent BTW. She can camp like a beast and has a reflector so you will be hard pressed to camp her back. She hit's hard and her d-tilt sets up for u-smash.

That u-smash of hers is ********.

SS rank to me is Snake, Toon Link, Wolf, and maybe Olimar.

S Rank to me is Marth, Metaknight, Pit, Falco, and probably Zelda too.

Manic_1

Smash Cadet
Call me crazy but I don't think anyone in this game is truely bottom tier (as in they completely suck). Ganondorf might be but I haven't played with him much so I could just really suck with him. There might be some low tier characters but I think that everyone could be playable.

-notic

Smash Cadet
Top:

Snake- no
Marth
Toon Link- maybe high
Falco- yes, he really does belong here
Luigi- high tier

High:

Diddy Kong
Pit- might be top material
Wolf- rofls no mid
Fox
R.O.B.
King Dedede
Pikmin and Olimar- more like top 4 buddy

High-Middle:

Ike- maybe mid
Lucas- could be high tier
Meta Knight- ROFL no more like smack in the middle tier
Pokemon Trainer- squirtle & ivysaur are high tier, charizard=midlow-bottom tier

Middle:

Pikachu
Mr. Game & Watch- possible high-middle
Sonic- NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOUUUU IDDDDDIOTTTT
Lucario
Ness
Zelda- NO: high-top tier
Mario
Samus
Kirby
Wario
Zero Suit Samus- high mid
Peach
Bowser
Link- possible high mid- he has the tools to stand against top tiers
Sheik

Middle-Low:
Yoshi- not sure tbh
Jigglypuff- not sure tbh
Ganondorf- bottom 2
Donkey Kong- mid tier:believe it
Ice Climbers- NO: definitely in the top 15
Captain Falcon

Low:

Nobody.- sonic, captain falcon, ganondorf belong here, dummy

Changed it up a bit.
Changed it up a bit.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
Zelda is definitely not top tier. Her approach options are basically hyphen smashing, and her dash attack, or a dash grab I guess... Those are the only really viable options. None of her aerials really work. The sweetspot kicks leave her vulnerable if they miss. I think down air also needs a sweet spot to work. If there are any other good approach options let me know about them because I actually like playing as Zelda and could use some strategies.

As for Din's fire its just not enough. It has a nice blast radius but it can be absorbed by three characters (Ness, Lucas, and Game and Watch). Its predictable enough to air dodge well enough. She also really doesn't have the speed to back up her camping game. Once you catch her as a quick character she's in trouble if you can apply decent pressure. Her spacing options aren't that great either. She can use her forward/up tilts. Both have decent power but aren't particularly quick. You can try F-smash but that can be DIed out of. Down Smash is her best option here. Its decent but not great. Nayru's love can also be used to get them away from you. I don't see her camping game holding up well at a tournament level match.

Speaking of Nayru's love it is a decent reflector but it takes too long and gives the opponent an oppurtunity to get closer.

Her Usmash is pretty good. (Although I think it can be DIed out of) But its that and Dins fire. Not much else.

Interestingly the early Melee tier lists had Zelda very high.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
It is stupid hard to DI out of U-smash.

Play a good Zelda and watch the **** commence.

billythegoat

Smash Journeyman
Broken tier: Ice Climbers, 44 dmg down-smash, nuff said..........
High tier: Pit, Pika, Squritle?
Mid to high:Marth, Meta-knight, Dedede

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Anyone who doesn't put Toon Link at the absolute top tier is a fool.

With a general shift towards camping/spaming, Toon Link is by far the best character in the game. Very few characters can compete with him as he has amazing speed combined with great projectiles, disjointed hitboxex and amazing grab range makes him THE BEST camper in a camp friendly game. I don't know why everyone's making such a fuss about Tink's Bair, he's got so many better options.

FlashGearz

Smash Apprentice
Reason I think toon lik is so good, is because his projectiles are all above average, in terms oof usfulness. Disjointed hitboxes are not as important for him, because of his small reach,but still important for aireals, and stopping projectiles. But what is really good about hm is his movement in the air. Its amost as good as jigglys, and thats why he can spam, or WoP when neeed

Marth117

Smash Cadet
top tier - (in no order)
olimar
marth
pit
toon link
diddy
falco
pikachu

thats just going to be my guesses... i could be way off but ehh who knows.
I'm going to have to agree with you there. But come on everyone there is no need for a tier list. If your best character is in the bottom use him. The tier list just shows everyone what people liike to use.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
There is always going to be a tier list in a competitive fighting game. Stfu and stop whining about it if you don't like it. It doesn't have to affect you, but it will be there, and you can't stop it. Get over it for ****'s sake.

D

Deleted member

SONIC

Try to tell me that he does'nt do much more than roll. And he is also really weak. Yeah hes the fastest character in the game but that does'nt matter when he has no way of killing anything and he can die soooooooooo easily. If your good at the game you will know how to dodge a simple attack of something that rolls at you. Or some small weak punches and kicks.
irn2chse

That philosophy is about Sonic's killing potential. And trust me, you can score some easy KO's with it. Try checking out the Sonic forum, will ya?

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
...With the current metagame, I would put him in high tier, simply because of his KOing potential and sheer power, however, only time will tell, he could turn out to be another roy.
I should shoot you for saying that....Roy was Roy because "his was the strength to Marth's speed". Roy was slow, and a little bit stronger than Marth. Except that both of them were the same strength when measured at their respective sweetspots. Ike is just a motha****in beast. There is no way in hell he'll turn out to be another Roy, because he's always stronger than Marth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom