• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Brawl Tier Discussion (OP Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Ok ok, let me get this straight. You are saying that I'm getting mad over you making fun of video game characters. That's exactly what you said, right? And all I said was an insult to your man-hod, which is exactly what you were attempting on the people you quoted.

So, I have to ask, why are you getting mad at people who think hot looking people are hot? I love SWF, but hate hypocrites.
Ha, cool it, buddy! I'm just a forum monkey. Don't blaim me if I try to yuck it up in the Brawl rooms, blaim the ******* in the new, lame PRoom. Jeez, these Brawl Roomers don't know sarcasm. Oh, and I wasn't mad, btw. And I'm not trying to start anything.

@dark_Illusion_hokage: Sonic the Edgehog?

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
Bowser for high tier? I dont know, I just think that he has way too much lag on most of his attacks. It makes things difficult even if you make contact.
Bowser has one of the best ground games in the game, with a great, quick, ranged jab, a relatively quick, long-ranged ftilt, a quick dtilt, a quick, strong utilt, a strong dsmash, an usmash with deceptive range which can't be spot dodged or shielded easily due to its multiple hits, an fsmash with deceptively good range, a very quick, well-ranged fair, an uair which also has deceptive range and is strong, a situational but powerful bair, and a half-decent dair. He's very strong and his great strength plays well into his ground game, which is fast and ranged. His B is a decent approach and a damaging (although not killing) edgeguard. His only downsides are his size and his poor horizontal recovery. His speed is just fine. High tier is pushing it a bit, but I wouldn't be surprised.

DK is high tier for many of the same reasons, except he is stronger and faster for the most part.

PhantomBrawler

Smash Apprentice
Im not so sure i agree. Even though the attacks are coming out "deceptively" fast, that doesnt mean there isnt gonna be any lag on the other end. I really think high tier is pushing it MAYBE mid-mid tier at best.

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
Ike, Fox, & Sonic are too high IMO & the ICs should be high tier. Their chaingrabs are really good. They've got good aerials, good KO attacks, & a good projectile too. Also, Bowser isn't bottom tier. Probably mid or low.

@ BDawgPHD: You shouldn't bother looking at the matchup chart because it fails so hard. For example, they say Charizard has an advantage against Pikachu & Yoshi has an advantage on Olimar. I agree that PT should be ranked as a whole & individually.
Just because Charizard is a flying type doesn't mean he doesn't have an advantage against Pikachu :3

lol.....I could see Charizard doing well against Pika, he's got the range to do it, anyway.

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
Im not so sure i agree. Even though the attacks are coming out "deceptively" fast, that doesnt mean there isnt gonna be any lag on the other end. I really think high tier is pushing it MAYBE mid-mid tier at best.
High tier IS pushing it, but it's possible. And he has windup lag on a fair bit of his attacks, but because of the range (especially his tilts) the lag isn't so significant.

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
oh, yeah mine is just so obvious i move on to my second most manly item
My second most manly item is my sunglasses. It's too dark to see in here with these sunglasses on, but I refuse to take them off because I'm an American, and Americans ALWAYS wear sunglasses.....IN AMERICA!

PhantomBrawler

Smash Apprentice
My second most manly item is my sunglasses. It's too dark to see in here with these sunglasses on, but I refuse to take them off because I'm an American, and Americans ALWAYS wear sunglasses.....IN AMERICA!
dude, heck ya!!! YOU'RE A GREAT AMERICAN! MY OAKLEYS FTW!!!!

salaboB

Smash Champion
Yoshi has an advantage on Olimar
If Yoshi lands an egg lay on Olimar, a down smash will clear out most of his Pikmin. The egg lay has pretty decent reach and can be used aerially, so this isn't unimaginable -- he really might not have a bad matchup, here.

Disclaimer: I don't know for certain, as my Yoshi is far from the best and I have no good Olimar opponents to test on. I'm simply saying Yoshi does have some specific abilities that can work effectively against Olimar.

TehBo49

Smash Ace
In an alternate universe, where Brawl does not suc
I guess we will!!!

...so uh, you guys wana see my *****?
Random. lol

But Charizard just doesn't have anything amazing against Pikachu. He's got a range advantage, but so does about half the roster. Pikachu's got a chaingrab, better edgeguarding, better projectile (if flamethrower counts), & he's a lot faster. The same chart says he's got an advantage on Bowser & Donkey Kong, so why they think Charizard wins, I have no idea.

@salaboB: Olimar outranges him, has a much better projectile, & KOs much better. Eggs are actually pretty easy to avoid (personal experience). I just think a good Olimar who knows what he's doing would win. I don't have much experience on this matchup, so you might be right.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
oh please, bulge>>>chest hair, now you're just being silly.
You know what beats out both bulge and chest hair?
Breasts.
When I get bored, I just play with my boobs. So much fun!

On a more Brawl tier-related note, I think that Wario is getting mad underestimated. He isn't a bad character. I'd put him at mid-tier to be honest.

Ills

Smash Apprentice
I want to make a tier list.

Don't bite my head off I'm gonna explain what I think okay?
In a sorta particular order, I have

High Tier
Marth
Toon Link
Snake
Wolf
Falco
Fox
Snake
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch
MK
Pit
Pikachu
Zelda

Mid Tier
Olimar
Diddy Kong
Wario
Lucario
King DeDeDe
Kirby
ZSS
Pokemon Trainer
Luigi
Sonic
Ness
Ike
Lucas
ZSS
Mario
Peach
Donkey Kong
Sheik
Yoshi
Captain Falcon
Ganondorf
Bowsah
Jigglypuff

I put MK so low because all the **** he has is nice and all but right now no legitimate kill moves, the kind that are used like even in the 80% range or something reliable, he just can't finish people off the right way imo. The same problem I think occurs with Pit, Diddy Kong and a lot of the characters that in other terms are good

I don't think Olimar should be up so high but right now I don't have the Wii in immediate reach so pretty much, yeah. Olimar is okay, but I don't feel like I should put him up all the way up in high tier.

I'm sorry that my list lacks a bottom tier but I don't think anyone sucks enough to have zero chance against one another, also because of this I'm sorry mid tier is so huge. :(

Pokemon Trainer is a special kind of character, I didn't want to split his pokemon up because in the end you're not playing as just Squirtle, or just Ivysaur, or just Charizard but at the same time he is still, sorta one character.

If you still don't agree with me... Don't hurt me I'm new at this D:

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
You know what beats out both bulge and chest hair?
Breasts.
When I get bored, I just play with my boobs. So much fun!

On a more Brawl tier-related note, I think that Wario is getting mad underestimated. He isn't a bad character. I'd put him at mid-tier to be honest.
Boobs aren't manly. I mean playing with boobs is.......nipples are manly (presents Captain Falcon)

Wario has amazing aerial speed, which compensates a bit for his ****ty range, and makes him play like Jiggs a bit.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
Boobs aren't manly. I mean playing with boobs is.......nipples are manly (presents Captain Falcon)

Wario has amazing aerial speed, which compensates a bit for his ****ty range, and makes him play like Jiggs a bit.
Oh, you were talking about manliness?
Never mind. I thought you were comparing sex appeal, in which case breasts > all.
But yeah, they aren't manly. Neither am I. Girls tend not to be manly. Boyish, perhaps, but not manly. The manliest woman ever is probably Chyna and even she has huge rocking gazongas.

Yeah, I think that Wario is sort of the new Jiggernaut. I tend to be in the air with Samus a lot too, but that's just because all of her air normals are just so good......

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
Oh, you were talking about manliness?
Never mind. I thought you were comparing sex appeal, in which case breasts > all.
But yeah, they aren't manly. Neither am I. Girls tend not to be manly. Boyish, perhaps, but not manly.
You're a girl!!?!?

Somehow pink, girly font doesn't quite sell gender like it used to :lick:

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
Way to to be helpful. :)

On topic of the current discussion tho, Boobs are manly, depending on who they're on.

My case in point being manboobs.
Manboobs aren't manly, they're sad -___-

MK has plenty of moves that are reliable killers, and he has plenty of options to kill with, along with tight edgeguarding. People that say he has trouble killing/lacks killing moves doesn't know MK well enough.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Ok, seriously wtf?

Who gives a **** about sexual orientation or whether you are male or female?

This is a fighting game forum people.

Back on topic: Samus has boobs. ^_^

VulgarHandGestures

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm a girl. Before anyone asks for pictures of my boobs, I'm also a lesbian. Hence my obsession with Samus.
just because you're a lesbian doesn't mean you can't show us your boobs. as a matter of fact, it means you SHOULD show us your boobs to prove that you have nothing to hide from guys. kind of like how straight women let gay guys grope them, get it?

and on that note... jesus gave us pm boxes for a reason. i, personally, expect to find a link to some **** in my pm box sometime within the next few days.

TehBo49

Smash Ace
In an alternate universe, where Brawl does not suc
@Lobelia Mk. IV: Agreed, boobs > all. So, when are you gonna post some pictures?

@Illis: People used to say MK couldn't kill because they were used to Melee where kills under 120% was normal. Now, it's obvious that MK has no problem killing. And why do you only have two tiers?

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
just because you're a lesbian doesn't mean you can't show us your boobs. as a matter of fact, it means you SHOULD show us your boobs to prove that you have nothing to hide from guys. kind of like how straight women let gay guys grope them, get it?

and on that note... jesus gave us pm boxes for a reason. i, personally, expect to find a link to some **** in my pm box sometime within the next few days.
quote for so much glorious undeniable truth. Of course, I didn't want to act like a total perv and start asking for pics, but that's what I have you guys for :3

D

Deleted member

Bowser gets camped pretty badly. Sure he has good range and priority, but he can't rly take on the higher tier characters. Not high imo.

Ills

Smash Apprentice
MY POST said:
I'm sorry that my list lacks a bottom tier but I don't think anyone sucks enough to have zero chance against one another, also because of this I'm sorry mid tier is so huge.
Also, I put snake below marth because although his moves are flashy and counter so and so and so and so but he just seems to lack that extra something. It's sorta predictable. His tempo is weird and tough and sometimes easy to counter, but maybe that's a good ting. I dunno, call me an idiot. I'm a lover not a fighter.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm a girl. Before anyone asks for pictures of my boobs, I'm also a lesbian. Hence my obsession with Samus.
Rules of the internet, people. Rules of the internet.

Ills: I don't quite get your list. I don't really know why you have two tiers - High and Mid. The Low tier really HAS to be there. It needs to categorize in a "Good better best" sort of way.

salaboB

Smash Champion
Rules of the internet, people. Rules of the internet.
Besides the rules that shouldn't be forgotten, I fail entirely to see what sexual orientation (Or given the rules, whether the picture is actually accurate or not) has to do with other people lusting about someone.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Melee?

Hell yeah it's better than Brawl.

Sakurai and Nintendo are video game Nazis.

I hope them and all these Brawl scrubs burn in hell.

Also, Snake and Falco are top.

Falco may be debatable, but Snake is undeniably the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom