• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Brawl Tier Discussion (OP Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VulgarHandGestures

Smash Journeyman
this thread was made to contain all the noobs who join the boards and make a topic for their tier list as soon as they can.

it's, essentially, just to keep everyone busy until the real tier list comes out.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
this thread was made to contain all the noobs who join the boards and make a topic for their tier list as soon as they can.

it's, essentially, just to keep everyone busy until the real tier list comes out.
You joined last month. How is it that I'm a 'noob,' and you're not?
Yes, I've played as Pokemon Trainer before. I'm well aware of the way the fatigue system works; however, I stand by my statement that Zelda and Sheik could be tagged out in a manner quite similar to Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard. If you're going to butt in on a discussion I'm having with someone else about the tier list's possible rehashes, then at least make your comment useful as opposed to 'i highly doubt u no nething lol.'
You're the only person on this thread who seems to have a problem. Everyone else is just offering their two cents and all you ever do is whine. Try saying something intelligent for once. Maybe then people will listen to what you have to say. Until then, meet my ignore list. I'm sure you two will be good friends.

TehBo49

Smash Ace
In an alternate universe, where Brawl does not suc
@ da K.I.D.: The GC controller is better because it's a more practical control style & more familiar to smash fans. Why do you think they made it available for this game in the first place?

@ VHG: I think that PT should be separated because the pokemon have their own different movesets & are effectively separate characters. I understand that you must switch pokemon, but most PT players have preferences & won't use each pokemon equally. I think the required switching should still be represented though. PT as a whole should have his own place on the list as an average of each pokemon.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
The pokemon have to seperated. They have different match-ups each.

Of course some characters r@pe all 3 of them.

Like Marth for example.

hehe.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace

Like Marth for example.

hehe.
*shakes fist at you* Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarth! I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE!
<_<
>_>
I got my butt kicked by a Marth player yesterday. Played three matches and lost two of them. Then he switched to Snake and tore me a shiny new anus.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Well yeah. A blind man could see that it's so obvious.

Snake is far superior to Marth.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Undrdog made a case for Snake losing to Pit, but honestly I don't think it's true.

I think Snake has no bad match-ups.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero

Like Marth for example.

hehe.
The problem is that with fatigue they have to be switched.
The pokemon are also forced to be switched when they are KO'ed which is why making seperate tiers for them becomes problematic. Your opponent isn't exactly going to stay still and let you switch back to Squirtle either.
Thats the main reason for the argument that they be palced together. Not because they have different matchups but because they are FORCED into play unlike Zelda/Sheik.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Haha. I know. Sucks for PT cuz Ivysuar brings him dooooooooooooooooooown.

I'm thinking mid tier for PT.

Falco might be neutral. Rob is probably neutral. Maybe Marth. The Snake boards thinks Marth and Snake go even while I give Snake slight advantage.

Uhh other then that, Snake wins IMO.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Honestly I could debate right now that Snake has no bad match-ups but he just so ****ing ******** that it goes without saying IMO.

I firmly believe he has no bad match-ups.

VulgarHandGestures

Smash Journeyman
You joined last month. How is it that I'm a 'noob,' and you're not?
Yes, I've played as Pokemon Trainer before. I'm well aware of the way the fatigue system works; however, I stand by my statement that Zelda and Sheik could be tagged out in a manner quite similar to Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard. If you're going to butt in on a discussion I'm having with someone else about the tier list's possible rehashes, then at least make your comment useful as opposed to 'i highly doubt u no nething lol.'
You're the only person on this thread who seems to have a problem. Everyone else is just offering their two cents and all you ever do is whine. Try saying something intelligent for once. Maybe then people will listen to what you have to say. Until then, meet my ignore list. I'm sure you two will be good friends.
good riddance. you can barely read.

EDIT: and for future reference, i started playing smash competitively about 4-5 years ago. this is a new account because i took a break from smash and forgot the password to my old one. so yes, you are a noob. **** off.

@ da K.I.D.: The GC controller is better because it's a more practical control style & more familiar to smash fans. Why do you think they made it available for this game in the first place?

@ VHG: I think that PT should be separated because the pokemon have their own different movesets & are effectively separate characters. I understand that you must switch pokemon, but most PT players have preferences & won't use each pokemon equally. I think the required switching should still be represented though. PT as a whole should have his own place on the list as an average of each pokemon.
what some people feel like doing has no bearing on what can be done. besides that, pt must be played as one character; splitting him up on the tier list, in any fashion, does no good to the players because representing the pt in that way doesn't reflect how he must be played in the game.

Like Marth for example.

hehe.
you get each pokemon for about a minute each, assuming you don't die. good luck making your "matchups" mean anything. besides, matchups aren't the be-all-end-all. there's a few of you running around these boards whose only response to anything is to say something about matchups... pull your hand out your pants already. there are a ton of reasons why pt is only one character, and all your only real response is to say they have their own matchups... which is obvious. too bad the game doesn't allow you to pick the pokemon that's best for that match and only use them the whole time, huh?

pbody is a bad pt. or at least, he was. last video i saw of him playing was from awhile back. posting one video of a bad pt doesn't really prove much.

on that note, i agree that marth rips pt in half :( except charizard... charizard could make a decent showing, i think.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Snake is so much more then camping.

So much more.

Edit: Agreed. Marth only has slight advantage on Charizard. He eats Squirtle and Ivysaur for breakfast though.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
This PT separation issue has been around since day one, we're all tired of it, here's the main arguments. Note that I haven't said all of these, they're just things I've seen posted. So don't waste your time flaming me.

Separate PT
- Zelda/Sheik are different characters, why not PT?
- Each Pokemon has entirely different attacks.
- PT mains tend to have a preference of which Pokemon they use the most.
- Each Pokemon has a different set of matchups.
- The Pokemon can be selected separately on the character screen.

Combined PT Counter-Arguments
- Unlike Zelda/Sheik, no one Pokemon can be used throughout the fight without its abilities being diminished.
- They each have separate movesets but each moveset must be used in a certain scenario and they must work together as one character.
- PT mains have a preference, but they can't always be using that one Pokemon.
- Matchups are different but you can just change your character right away to counter that particular matchup instead of waiting until the end of a match. When you change your Pokemon, it doesn't count as a counterpick, which means that they are the same character.
- They can all be selected differently but each is found under the heading of PT while Zelda/Sheik actually says "Zelda/Sheik."

Any other arguments for each side? I really want to get this resolved.

VulgarHandGestures

Smash Journeyman
on the subject of snake/pit:

the worst beating i've ever taken, as a snake main, was at the hands of a pit player. that guy three stocked me in a four stock game. i'm not sure what it was about that match... but i got ****ed in every hole on my body.

i think i have some idea as to why that all happened, but i'll save it. knowing this board, somebody is going to throw a temper tantrum over my thoughts and throw me on ignore :ohwell:

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
pbody is a bad pt. or at least, he was. last video i saw of him playing was from awhile back. posting one video of a bad pt doesn't really prove much.
That video was only for dramatic effect. I specifically chose it because the PT player got ***** and was obviously worse than the Marth player.

It's called sarcasm buddy.

VulgarHandGestures

Smash Journeyman
That video was only for dramatic effect. I specifically chose it because the PT player got ***** and was obviously worse than the Marth player.

It's called sarcasm buddy.
SWEET USE OF SARCASM

BUDDY

ALSO GOOD USE OF DRAMATIC EFFECT

YOU SHOULD WRITE PLAYS

BECAUSE YOU'RE GOOD AT MAKING THINGS DRAMATIC

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Let's stop talking about PT.

Can we talk about a character that doesn't suck *** and can actually place in tourney.

^_^

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Yes. I mean we COULD talk about Squirtle but since he is a part of PT he is auto-lose.

But yes, we need to talk about the awesomeness that is Bowser.

Wtfwasthat

Smash Journeyman
END OF PT DISCUSSION

BEGIN LUIGI DISCUSSION

Luigi is awesome, great revovery, amazing no lag aerials, above average smashes, average tilts, B-Up kills at low percentages. I think atleast mid of high tier.

Discuss

Vash_15

Smash Journeyman
Yes. I mean we COULD talk about Squirtle but since he is a part of PT he is auto-lose.

But yes, we need to talk about the awesomeness that is Bowser.
Awesomeness =/= Bowser
Bowser=/= Awesomeness
Glad we cleared that up

So in your guys' opinin in the Space Furries would you agree with Falco>Wolf>Fox?
Also Pit>MetaKnight and Snake > Sonic

Wtfwasthat

Smash Journeyman
Awesomeness =/= Bowser
Bowser=/= Awesomeness
Glad we cleared that up

So in your guys' opinin in the Space Furries would you agree with Falco>Wolf>Fox?
Also Pit>MetaKnight and Snake > Sonic
Bowser isnt that bad, I agree with your spacies list thingy but I think MK is better than pit and Sonic is very bad IMO

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
Bowser isnt that bad, I agree with your spacies list thingy but I think MK is better than pit and Sonic is very bad IMO
He's not that good either. But he could definitely dominate mid tier.
Yes, MK is better than Pit and Snake > Nothing > Sonic

Wtfwasthat

Smash Journeyman
What do you guys think of Ganon, I always see him at the bottom of the tier lists but he has very quick and powerful Uair Bair and Dair(thunderstorming). I think he should be low mid but certainly not bottom.

The_Dyne

Smash Journeyman
Well I love Ganon, (see avatar), and he's my secondary. I don't feel he's bottom tier material, but someone has to be rock bottom. Maybe a good Ganon will rock some tourneys and prove he's good. :)

TehBo49

Smash Ace
In an alternate universe, where Brawl does not suc
What do you guys think of Ganon, I always see him at the bottom of the tier lists but he has very quick and powerful Uair Bair and Dair(thunderstorming). I think he should be low mid but certainly not bottom.
I've seen plenty of people say that their character isn't low/bottom & should be mid. The thing is, not everyone is mid or higher & someone has to be low/bottom. Ganon is one of those characters. It's not that he can't be good, it's just other characters are better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom