• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meccs

@Meccs_
I havent really payed attention to the current metagame, why is Wolf that high, and better than Fox? Also dissapointed to see Kirby with so little love. Still not sure if I should just be happy Ness is out of low tier or disappionted hes not higher than Sheik and Yoshi yet :p

:phone:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Actually,this is the first time that Yoshi is higher than Ness in a Tier List.

M@v

Subarashii!
The problem with fox is he sdoesn't have a lot of representation. There could be a lot of reasons for this, but one of my theories is that Falco offers a similar mu spread, but is considered a better character overall, although Fox does some things better than him. Its basically a less severe case of why Marth isnt super popular. MK exists, which is an upgrade to marth in almost every conceivable way. At least Fox has several things to offer Falco can't.

Still though, a majority of the fox players out there have been able to perform well with him in tournaments, not just TKD/Trev/NAKAT.

Player-1

Smash Legend
The problem with fox is he's bad. The reasons he doesn't have a lot of representation is because he's bad. Fox has a lot of bad qualities to offer because he's bad.

ViperGold42

Smash Lord
The problem with fox is he sdoesn't have a lot of representation. There could be a lot of reasons for this, but one of my theories is that Falco offers a similar mu spread, but is considered a better character overall, although Fox does some things better than him. Its basically a less severe case of why Marth isnt super popular. MK exists, which is an upgrade to marth in almost every conceivable way. At least Fox has several things to offer Falco can't.

Still though, a majority of the fox players out there have been able to perform well with him in tournaments, not just TKD/Trev/NAKAT.
yeah when Melee came out, Marth was really really popular, then when all the years passed after Brawl's release Marth became little less popular, his move set might be the same but it just sucks, I can't believe how much his metagame changed, from aerial **** too sideB spamming.

Cassio

Smash Master
Anyone who says Marth isnt popular needs to visit Cali, lol. If your main isnt Marth then hes a primary second.

Cassio

Smash Master
Well I meant notable and the less than notable ones too (many of whom are still very good). Notable ones have been Mike, Tyrant, Havok, Zex, Boa, Bardull.

Actually theres a chance all 6 could be at E4U. A smaller chance on those last 3...but maybe Ill do some prodding.

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
The problem with fox is he's bad. The reasons he doesn't have a lot of representation is because he's bad. Fox has a lot of bad qualities to offer because he's bad.
EXCUSE ME! :mad:

Please Explain With More Detail :urg:

M@v

Subarashii!
Well I meant notable and the less than notable ones too (many of whom are still very good). Notable ones have been Mike, Tyrant, Havok, Zex, Boa, Bardull.

Actually theres a chance all 6 could be at E4U. A smaller chance on those last 3...but maybe Ill do some prodding.

So a Marth, a MK, a Snake, a MK, and 2 people I don't know so I'll give the benefit of the doubt as all marth.

So thats 3 out of 6 that rely on marth as their main character by far, with 2 of the 3 seconding marth maining guess who.

inb4 Zex mains marth, but thats not what we all saw from Genesis2 :awesome:

P.S. Not saying any of their marths are bad; this is purely about character usage here.

Cassio

Smash Master
Yup! I was just listing players with notable Marths.

No one ever knows WC's players :(

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
That's your fault though. If tournaments got reported then there'd be no confusion.
At least as far as your higher placing players were concerned. :applejack:

Cassio

Smash Master
lol, Norcals even worse. At least SoCal uploads results to AiB. NorCal and PNW I have to ask their players.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Did you lose to Samboner on wifi a long time ago or something?
You act like you hate Fox with a fiery passion.

Player-1

Smash Legend
lol wut no. I beat samboner every time we played, 2 stocked him most of the time. Fox is BAD.

Ally, I'm sorry you're not ready for me yet. Train up some more and then we can have a hyped one instead of one that's completely one sided

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
lol wut no. I beat samboner every time we played, 2 stocked him most of the time. Fox is BAD.

Ally, I'm sorry you're not ready for me yet. Train up some more and then we can have a hyped one instead of one that's completely one sided
I am ready, I picked up Brawl for 5 secs, GR uair and my training is done.

so 50$ MM at SKTAR, if you say no, I > you obviously.

;)

told you he was gonn be mad :awesome:
Not at all, this is an opportunity for me to demand a MM :p

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
Did you and Stroum ever do the Falcon ditto in a MM, I know you wanted to? If so did you take the title of "best" C. Falc away?

Orion*

Smash Researcher
That's your fault though. If tournaments got reported then there'd be no confusion.
At least as far as your higher placing players were concerned. :applejack:
it's not his fault LMAO

if anything it's the players who make assumptions about the regions results and players faults for doing anything without checking the data/results. Obviously they are not ideally reported so I can't blame people if they choose not to, but I also don't think that gives an excuse to just make **** up either.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Ally I'll $5.00 mm your Falcon in dittos at PS4, Dissention, or SKTAR. I won a Falcon ditto tourney with players such as Yes!, Eazy, Jbandrew, and Deltacod present. No joke. You stand no chance.

Flayl

Smash Hero
it's not his fault LMAO
English language doesn't distinguish the 2nd singular person from the 2nd plural person

Cuz u guys r dum

See I had to add "guys" in there or else it would look like I'm specifically calling Orion dum

Anyway yeah if WC doesn't show data and no assumptions can be made, then they would have to be pretty much dismissed. I don't think either party wants that. Cassio, just get some volunteers to make threads once in a while, even if it's just with power rankings

Also do you have anything to do with End of Nations? There's a Cassio there.

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
Don't you (cassio), Ripple, and John#s go around asking for data after tournaments? Or is that solely money related, b/c I've seen both Ripple and John post in after tournament threads asking about various information, so does anyone do that for WC too or no...

Cassio

Smash Master
Nah sometimes I do data stuff but thats all their work. Im not sure how deep john digs but Im sure he at least gets the bigger events that happen here.

I feel awkward posting results for events that arent mine, although given the circumstances it may be a good idea. However to a large extent I understand its just gonna be one of those things thats hard to judge because the players rarely interact, so my gripes are more tongue in cheek.

Itll be interesting to see how things go in two weeks though. Ramin, Vinnie, Shaya, Xzax, hinkage and a few others are going to be at a west coast event drawing people from Western Canada to Arizona and likely New Mexico. It should be pretty interesting.

And no, not on End of Nations ;; someone has good taste in monikers though :bee:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I think Diddy deserves 2nd and Olimar 3rd,but ok,these 2 characters are amazing after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom