• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
It's awesome people are talking about me. I used to main Puff yes, but I started to play Melee so my Puff is there now. I am not sure if MK or ICs is my main now but nobody cares
/ontopic

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
So basically DK was ur trololol casual character and you only got into competitive when Brawl started? Correct me if I'm wrong.

And yeah definitely invest time into icies LzR, actually practice spacing and CGs are it's a better payoff. I mean you even see the top icies messing up CGs on some of the more common characters, i.e) snake (although they just start to use the footstool iceblock cuz it's easier).

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I hope Yoshi rises more and gets above Sheik,or maybe Ike too.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
not so sure he'll top Ike, he has that long *** sword and good range which Yoshi can't compete without throwing eggs.
*See that coment*

*realizes that the person who have done this coment is right*

*But also realizes that Yoshi´s eggs are too good and they are already a good reason for the rise of Yoshi above Ike*

ViperGold42

Smash Lord
*See that coment*

*realizes that the person who have done this coment is right*

*But also realizes that Yoshi´s eggs are too good and they are already a good reason for the rise of Yoshi above Ike*
maybe if you spammed the hell out of them, and I'm right.....holy ****, usually people yell at me and tell me I don't know brawl thank you brother, but anyways I'm not so sure about the eggs I don't main Ike I second him on occasions and I would maybe counter or crouch and go for down tilts.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Well,any good Yoshi will really spam eggs ALL the match,it´s very punishable.

But if you are curious about the MU Ike vs Yoshi,it´s probably a even.

Jimmy?

Smash Apprentice
Whether or not Ike beats Yoshi or Yoshi beats Ike has little bearing over which one is tiered higher....

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
So basically DK was ur trololol casual character and you only got into competitive when Brawl started? Correct me if I'm wrong.
I mained G&W when I played with my friends (tried Wolf, ROB, Dedede, Snake and MK beforehand) but I used Puff to humiliate my noob friends.

I started competitive Melee but also entered Brawl for the lols with G&W and Puff. Later I tried to take Brawl seriously and used DK, Mario, Samus, Yoshi, Sheik/Zelda, ZSS, etc... You get the idea.

I picked up MK to abuse the lack of a LGL in my state, and just stuck with him while I improved my Puff on the side.

After MK was banned I tried to learn ICs, Pit Wario, Martha and ROB. Eventually I fell back on Puff and I'm using her completely seriously for the first time.

There are a lot of characters I am good enough with to use competitively now: Most of the characters above, Bowser, Sonic and Zelda.

:phone:

ViperGold42

Smash Lord
I mained G&W when I played with my friends (tried Wolf, ROB, Dedede, Snake and MK beforehand) but I used Puff to humiliate my noob friends.

I started competitive Melee but also entered Brawl for the lols with G&W and Puff. Later I tried to take Brawl seriously and used DK, Mario, Samus, Yoshi, Sheik/Zelda, ZSS, etc... You get the idea.

I picked up MK to abuse the lack of a LGL in my state, and just stuck with him while I improved my Puff on the side.

After MK was banned I tried to learn ICs, Pit Wario, Martha and ROB. Eventually I fell back on Puff and I'm using her completely seriously for the first time.

There are a lot of characters I am good enough with to use competitively now: Most of the characters above, Bowser, Sonic and Zelda.

I wouldn't have tried Pit brother, I did and it got me no where, and harashment from Admiral PIt till this day (true story) but anyways its good to see you use the potential of low tier characters and take it seriously, like I do with Falcon.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
My phone corrected Marth as Martha lol

It just goes to show; MK is amazing. I sucked with everyone, picked up MK and ***** everyone, now I can challenge the best players in my area with the fourth worst character and could get power ranked with almost anyone.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Idk I would consider them even but since Ike has better mu's, he still remains higher, but not by much.
MUs aren´t the only factors on this tier list,also, Ike´s MUs aren´t better than Yoshi´s.

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
Indeed.

They underrate his MUs.
What MUs do you personally as an Ike player have a problem with? And as a second question (if you know the answer) what MUs do the Ike boards have a problem with? Because I just looked at the chart and it doesn't look to bad imo...:confused:

Also not that I give a ****, but there's a MU thread while this is Tier List discussion:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=316173&page=176
just saying, but I'd rather continue the conversation here for sake of ease

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
To do the Lucas´ MUs,they thought:

¨Lucas sucks,let´s give to him a -2 in almost of his MUs and everyone will be happy forever.¨

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
Grim what happens normally with b-air versus Ike jab 1 and 2? I assume for jab 1 you'll trade and jab 2 Ike will win?

How's edgeguarding Ike, because I imagine get 2 bairs off and his horizontal recovery isn't enough to get back.

Not to mention Ike HUGELY benefits off of airdodge landings that characters, the spacies come to mind, use often and he can just read it w/ a charge usmash while jiggs with multiple jumps can avoid that situation (although her air-dodge is nothing special).

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
With jab 1, it can go either way. Puff should be aiming for Ike's head, and if her spacing is good then bair will win. If her spacing is a little off it will trade, and if she tries to do a lower bair then jab 1 will beat it. Jab 2 will always lose to bair unless, once again, Puff tries to use it too low. Jab 3 will always beat bair.

Edge-guarding is just about the angle, a string of two-aerials off-stage will KO Ike, but I think most if not all of these follow-ups can be avoided by DI'ing down and recovering with Aether. Of course, Puff can always grab the ledge/shield SDI off-stage and punish Aether so it isn't full-proof.

The only reason I think Ike has a small advantage is the coverage he gets from Jab 1, Jab 3, Ftilt (angled sidewards or upwards), Utilt and Nair. While they can be waited out, baited and punished with relative ease, it forces Puff to think about her approach a lot more than Ike has to think about his punish.

Ike's bair is pretty good too, can disuade Puff from pressuring in the air in a lot of situations, and it also forces her to be cautious of it at all times due to speed + hitbox size.

All in all, it is really similar to the DK match-up. Puff dances around trying to bait Ike into missing something and then punishes. DK just does the job a lot better, doesn't get punished as hard or as frequently and has Giant Punch which shuts Jigglypuff down completely.

tl;dr +1 Ike's favour.

This is all imo, I'd like to hear San's take on the MU as he has a pocket Puff, I think.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I really can't see Yoshi above Ike unless some significant change in the metagame happens.

Personally, I think Yoshi belongs below Ike, although they should both move above DK.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I think not.

He has powerful smashes, a donkey punch, 2 air attacks that can spike opponents, DownB and SideB, and bair. He's pretty damn good on ground. He has a quick ledge attack too.

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
Ganondorf has powerful smashes, a WARLOCK punch, 2 air attacks that can spike opponents, DownB and SideB, and BAir. He's pretty damn good on the ground. He has a quick ledge attack too. :troll:

:ganondorf: for god tier~

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Except that ganon's bair has a lesser chance at racking damages. His sideB does not give a chance to do a warlock punch, but a dtilt or a neutral A. His only spike is dair and downB (when close to the opponent) and his legde attack is less quicker than DK's (when at minor damage percentage).

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You do know that DK at <100% can get IKE FSMASHED if his get up attack from the ledge is blocked on shield, right? :applejack:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
My point is that the move is fast, but it has the worst cool down ever. If DK can get punished by something as slow as an Ike fsmash OoS, then ANYTHING viable can punish it. The only thing it has going for it is the range and speed. :applejack:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom