• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Life

Smash Hero
<3 PS2 and Norfair and Japes and really most of the stages in this game that don't involve circles or walkoffs

Meh about Picto, but it's a really good Sonic stage so I keep quiet ;)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Actually, they probably just didn't want to leave the puzzle giant Panel de Pon (Tetris Attack, etc.) out of the game, and then decided it gave them an excuse to put the old Melee track in (Pictochat stage is for puzzle games).

jigglover

Smash Lord
I don't care what other other people say, but this is what's worked for me. I will justify afterwards:
S: meta-knight, pikachu.
A: ice climbers, falco, yoshi, ike.
B: diddy kong, lucario, jigglypuff, pokemon trainer, toon link, peach, king dedede.
C: mr. game and watch, wolf, luigi.
D: fox, ROB, sonic, zero suit samus, pit, snake.
E: olimar, ness, lucas, kirby, mario, sheik.
F: Bowser, DK, samus, link, zelda/sheik
Z: marth, wario, zelda, captain falcon, ganondorf.

Jigglypuff: It can OHKO all three people at once if you time sing well. It has awsome charging moves including down+A to provide monumental knock-back on either sides of it. Rollout is especially good since unlike yoshi, you can hold down B for the power suited to you so it can be easier to control but less power, or harder to control, but more powerful.

Yoshi: 2nd highest jumper in the game marginally behind ganondorf on jump height. Can only be KO'd with a side-smash or edge-guard. For some reason it's classified as a heavy-weight - but it is just as fast (if not faster) as the light-weights, so all it does is provide less knock-back. Egg roll does major damage, and I don't care if the easy CPU in classic mode (seen on youtube) can't use it. Emphasis on EASY CPU! Can kill any advanced player in the game.

Pikachu: Putting pikachu in the S section is a border-line decision, but if your opponents get near you, l_l+B=+3 KO! It's final smash may be a little difficult to control, but if you practice on training, you will be as formidable as any meta-knight.

Meta-knight: I've never personally seen meta-knight's true potential, to be honest, but all media other than my brain says he's the best, so I'm going with the floe on that one.

Olimar: "Wait a minute while I pull this pikmin out of this cloud!" Pikachu says: " l_l+B." Olimar says: "Good star smash! NOT ON MNE THOUGH!" 'nough said.

Peach: I put peach higher for two reasons. 1: FRYING PANS F****** HURT. 2: Her side+B attack is formidable. Although her final smash and toad attack have a lot to be desired, I think the first two attacks are justifiable enough for a minor increase.

Ike: To be honest, Ike wouldn't be my character to pick, for the sole reason that he is not fast, and I like fast, but, if I get him when I do random, I make it work, since every one of his blows are OHKO right there.

Pokemon trainer: He has the best range of attacks in the game, period. My only concern is changing between the different pokemon. Say if your ivysaur and you need to change to squirtle to damage this fast pikachu, you need to go through charizard (get dealt at least 20% right there) and then wait for the lag from charizard to squirtle. For some reason it lags about 3x the amount from charizard to squirtle than the others, I don't know if that's the game relaying the three scripts or what. Final smash is brilliant - one of the best in the game, after all 'it's super effective.'

All pokemon have different specialities, squirtle is brilliant on the slower foes since, to put it simply, captain falcon says falcon punch, the quick squirtle jumps over it, then uses his l_l+B aerial to damge him. Ivysaur is brilliant at star KO's, namely it's bullet seed kills. Bullet seed grabs the foe then hurls it in the air and shoots it with seed-like bullets (or bullet-like seeds.) This isn't enough to get rid of him there, but then as he comes down, position yourself while he's helpless and use bullet seed again, boom! Star KO. Also has the best recovery with vine whip I think, it latches onto the edge rather than getting back on over the ledge for once, rendering edge-guarders useless. Honestly, Charizard I don't really use, i's too slow for my liking, but it's one of the strongest slow characters, so it can KO the likes of ganondorf and captain falcon a little better than squirtle, but squirtle is also good on the quick one's a comfort charizard does not have.

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
Seriously Zano, how ignorant?

I was like you, immediately thought troll, but then outta NOWHERE he gave us explanations to the placements. After that it all made sense, especially the parts with Pikachu's and PT's Final Smashes -> total justification for his list. I agree with jigglover.

S: meta-knight, pikachu.
A: ice climbers, falco, yoshi, ike.
B: diddy kong, lucario, jigglypuff, pokemon trainer, toon link, peach, king dedede.
C: mr. game and watch, wolf, luigi.
D: fox, ROB, sonic, zero suit samus, pit, snake.
E: olimar, ness, lucas, kirby, mario, sheik.
F: Bowser, DK, samus, link, zelda/sheik
Z: marth, wario, zelda, captain falcon, ganondorf.
JIGGLOVER FOR PRES
almost as good as dat Sethlon tier list
Also you said we can ask for other placements too right? Why is Sonic so high? :awesome:

jigglover

Smash Lord
Sonic might not have the best attacks, but he is the fastest on the game with a comfortable lead. I put him in the bottom half (#19) since none of his moves are good enough for a OHKO, but in a long-winded fight where everyone is getting dealt lots of damage, he can keep on dodging all of the attacks with his brilliant speed, then finish off his vulnerable 100% health competition with a quick charged punch. If somebody does manage to hit him and send him off though, he has a really good emergency recovery, a downside to it is that it leaves him helpless quite high up asking for a star KO. I'd personally want him higher but there are several downfalls that people higher on this tier can combat and kill him with, that's why he's quite high, but only #19.

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
Haha funny that those are your reasons for Sonic, same reasons for him being where he is now on the actual tier list :awesome: bahahaha

Egg roll does major damage, and I don't care if the easy CPU in classic mode (seen on youtube) can't use it. Emphasis on EASY CPU! Can kill any advanced player in the game.
He even knows about the advanced Yoshi tech (OHKO Egg Roll on Frigate). Clearly jigglover has done his research.

Luigi player

Smash Master
the tierlist is not what you think it is.
it's not "what char one person is good with/has the most success with"

it's looking at a 1vs1 perspective with no items, and not really looking into specific people- it tries to rate the characters compared to all other characters and how well they can theoretically/practically (tournament results) do.

not saying your list is wrong, but it is something completely different than what is really discussed here

jigglover

Smash Lord
the tierlist is not what you think it is.
it's not "what char one person is good with/has the most success with"

it's looking at a 1vs1 perspective with no items, and not really looking into specific people- it tries to rate the characters compared to all other characters and how well they can theoretically/practically (tournament results) do.

not saying your list is wrong, but it is something completely different than what is really discussed here
It's not completely my opinion, as I said earlier, I'd personally like meta-knight, but he's still #1. I also based it on use online and how effective other people use it also. It's just that I include these things in my past experience.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
You guys are seriously ******** to even to reply to such an obvious troll probably copy+pasted from some old 08 post.

jigglover

Smash Lord
You guys are seriously ******** to even to reply to such an obvious troll probably copy+pasted from some old 08 post.
It's not a troll! Why does everyone keep saying that. I just wanted to say my opinion and say why the v7 one is incorrect in many aspects. I'm not somebody that trolls. I don't like trollers!:(:scared::c

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Yoshi: Highest jumper in the game. Can only be KO'd with a side-smash or edge-guard. For some reason it's classified as a heavy-weight - but it is just as fast (if not faster) as the light-weights, so all it does is provide less knock-back. Egg roll does major damage, and I don't care if the easy CPU in classic mode (seen on youtube) can't use it. Emphasis on EASY CPU! Can kill any advanced player in the game.
actually,Yoshi is the 2nd highest jumper in the game.

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
You're seriously ******** to even think that I'm responding with any seriousness.
And obvious troll, orlynow. Thank you oh great LzR for informing me of that, I guess all my :awesome: faces didn't give away I knew it. Jigglover seems smarter than you based on your post, sigh.

jigglover

Smash Lord
actually,Yoshi is the 2nd highest jumper in the game.
Pretty much the highest jumper in the game then. That doesn't make any sense though, he can recover back on stage from getting damage off screen from the bottom. Also, he jumpy freaking high in mario too! Who's the highest, (don't say anyone from the star fox series, yoshi jumps higher than them with in the peak of it's first jump not including recovery moves.)

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
Pretty much the highest jumper in the game then. That doesn't make any sense though, he can recover back on stage from getting damage off screen from the bottom. Also, he jumpy freaking high in mario too! Who's the highest, (don't say anyone from the star fox series, yoshi jumps higher than them with in the peak of it's first jump not including recovery moves.)
I think it would be Ganon who Lukinhass is thinking of for the first highest jump. At his peak of first jump Ganon is indeed above Yoshi in height :cool:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Mario the highest jumper??

jigglover

Smash Lord
Also another reason to justify jigglypuff, I know there hasn't been any criticism in that area but I just want to avoid it altogether. Pretty much guaranteed 3 KO's if you use puff up.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Can you just edit your post?

you triple posted lol

-LzR-

Smash Hero
You're seriously ******** to even think that I'm responding with any seriousness.
And obvious troll, orlynow. Thank you oh great LzR for informing me of that, I guess all my :awesome: faces didn't give away I knew it. Jigglover seems smarter than you based on your post, sigh.
You are seriously ******** to think I seriously thought you were ********. Sup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom