• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Even a spaced grab lags for 2 years so Snake can easily punish if he spotdodges it which isn't rare because spotdodges are ridiculous.
Also are you saying that Dedede spaces with grab? You cannot afford to whiff a grab so why would you do that? You go for a grab when you can, not because it just might works, especially against Snake who kills you if you whiff.
You can't just walk into max range of your grab and then go and grab and expect it to work. Grab is a punisher.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Well, I was about to type a post actually relevant, then I pressed a button and everything deleted, so i'm gonna say the other thing I wanted to say:

I started reading the approx. 100 posts or so on this subject at 7:30 and it is now 9:30.

I'm going to bed soon and i feel no smarter regarding this MU at all.

And i'm the NICE GUY.

Like, can't we wait for more results to see what truly works and what doesn't? is it really just one of those 'well if you do this, i can do this but then you can do that but then I can do that...' MUs?

Or just test more stuff because there's more than a few things i'm seeing here that seem to my tired brain to be in conflict with one another? Ehhh... :/

Like literally, I know i'm tired but the conversation to me so far has been something like:

'Okay, DDD can CG snake but oh Snake can CG DDD but it's ok DDD can gimp Snake offstage from the CG but wait a moment no he can't but Snake can gimp DDD offstage but hang on DDD can recover here but oh look Snake wins at neutral game but hang on what if DDD gets him in the air and punishes his landings but can he actually do that? Wait wait wait how about if they get in mid range but wait DDD excels at mid range but no wait you can't perfectly space grabs but oh hey how about what beats grenades but hang on this move doesn't beat it and we get punished? Oh no but I think we can actually but hey who knows and now look we're back to grabs?'

Like... wat? Can't we come to a consensus on.... something? Please? =C

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
I posted this 3 pages ago but everyone ignored it

At low level Snake beats D3 because massive damage output

At Mid level D3 beats Snake because lol CG and the D3 players actually know how to gimp and the Snake players aren't quite as adept at recovering

At High level the MU is even because all the above stuff balances out

At Top level it doesn't matter because Ally will just go MK
Perfect consensus imo

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
If we started doing 1 stock ZSS would be so much better, therefore we should never let ZSS mains be a part of discussions on stock count

pft, that scrub can't help anyone do anything.

I, on the other hand, am fairly amazing.

And why does it seem like you consider that a bad thing?
Salem got like 3rd in the last 1-stock tourney NYNJ had but it was a looong time ago. ZSS is broken in one-stock, with suit pieces on the field she beats every character in the game. MK, Falco, whatever.

In two-stock (the best way to go IMO) she's better than she is now but balanced.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
What do you think of PT in 1 stock?
Squirtle would be the only one to ever see any use and Squirtle is allright as long as you don't get grab released and you beat your opponent before fatigue kicks in.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Squirtle is a bit overrated IMO, but he'd be a solid high tier.

ZSS has a whatever-to-death on squirtle if she can grab him, Marth does too (I think), list goes on a bit. You'd need a secondary, probably. :/

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Pretty much yeah. Squirtle and Peach are both characters with great pros but they just don't have enough to be worth anything.

B0NK

Smash Lord
To clarify, are we discussing theoretical Squirtle without stamina and isn't forced to switch out pokemon after being KO'd?

If so, why? That character doesn't exist in Brawl

B0NK

Smash Lord
No, we are talking about Squirtle on 1 stock Brawl where he doesn't have to switch.
Okay, so we're talking about a completely different tier list, for a completely different ruleset, in a thread not really about either. Cool, I guess. I still don't see the point, and will stay out of this discussion now that I know what it is about.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Because this thread has run its course. We have run out of things to talk about because it has been way too long between tier lists. lol

So guys when did we all stop thinking falco was godlike? :denzel:
Falco is strong, high tier for sure. He is not solo viable.
1. ICs bodies him and is literally everywhere.
2. Falco has some of the most talented players in the world and barely manages to do anything.
3. Hypothetical non-ESAM Pikachu card.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Because this thread has run its course. We have run out of things to talk about because it has been way too long between tier lists. lol

Falco is strong, high tier for sure. He is not solo viable.
1. ICs bodies him and is literally everywhere.
2. Falco has some of the most talented players in the world and barely manages to do anything.
3. Hypothetical non-ESAM Pikachu card.
He was solo viable. Whether he still is now remains to be seen, IMO. I hope he is. IMO any character above a character that has won a national like Apex should be able to do it too. Falco has won stuff in the past but his tournament success is lower now: Do you think it's possible for someone to overcome the current obstacles he has? -2 isn't impossible, right?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I was looking at the community tier list votes, and some of you have weird ideas.

Also you all are extremely passive aggressive when discussing matchups.

Also does anyone else feel sad when they hear that a top/high tier character isn't solo viable?

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
If a large majority of people do feel sad at the prospects of the non-existence of solo viable characters, it probably explains a large majority of the anti-ban preference as well if followed to its extreme logical conclusion.

Tesh

Smash Hero
In 1 stock, squirtle would still be pretty bad. You can camp him for fatigue to set in and he still loses to ALOT of characters because he is so fragile.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I was looking at the community tier list votes, and some of you have weird ideas.

Also you all are extremely passive aggressive when discussing matchups.

Also does anyone else feel sad when they hear that a top/high tier character isn't solo viable?
Yeah I do. :/

And I noticed it as well. Though I find it more odd when people post tier lists with like 1 or 2 changes. I suppose my own wasn't incredibly different but... like, I see ones where literally like 3 or 4 characters have moved and that's it... @.@

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Even a spaced grab lags for 2 years so Snake can easily punish if he spotdodges it which isn't rare because spotdodges are ridiculous.
Also are you saying that Dedede spaces with grab? You cannot afford to whiff a grab so why would you do that? You go for a grab when you can, not because it just might works, especially against Snake who kills you if you whiff.
You can't just walk into max range of your grab and then go and grab and expect it to work. Grab is a punisher.
And if DDD reads the spot-dodge (which we do ALL the time), then yay, free CG. Sure, if you read everything, you can avoid/punish everything, but don't ignore the fact that the other player can also 'counter-read' you. It's a big RPS battle. This is the bane of trying to theorycraft the entire MU. Practice and repeated experiences says that, over time, if DDD is that close, he will land the grab because the RPS game is in his favor at mid-to-close range. Our tilts and bair also help to cover spot-dodges in that area (which is part of the reason why we win the RPS war at mid-range).

I think you are misinterpreting my usage of the word "space". We don't space with grab as in, 'Here's a good defensive option; let me use it at max range to protect myself,' no, we don't. We space with grab as in, 'Here's a GOOD OPTION; let me use it at max range so that it is used as effectively as possible.' At max range, DDD can grab Snake before Snake can grab him and it's harder for Snake to punish it if it misses. Snake doesn't kill you off of a whiff. Wth? We're not Jiggs or G&W, dude. :smash:

Yes, grab is a great punishment option. I never said it wasn't, but if you are only using it as a punishment option, then you are one of the worst DDDs I've ever seen/heard of and you really shouldn't be commenting on his MUs or on how he's played.

Like, can't we wait for more results to see what truly works and what doesn't? is it really just one of those 'well if you do this, i can do this but then you can do that but then I can do that...' MUs?

Why the heck do we need to wait for results? This MU has been one of the most played MUs everywhere since this game's launch. It was one of the major reasons DDD enjoyed a brief stint at #3 in the really old tier lists. According to more recent results, this MU is either even or it favors DDD. What we are arguing about is the theory of it all, which is where it's even. Right now, this thread is full of people saying "Snake wins. Want proof? Well, I ALMOST beat these notable DDDs, but I messed up here, so clearly in Snake's.....................flavor." :smash:

If a large majority of people do feel sad at the prospects of the non-existence of solo viable characters, it probably explains a large majority of the anti-ban preference as well if followed to its extreme logical conclusion.
English, please! (>.<) Are you saying that if most people are saddened that solo-viable characters 'don't exist', then it explains why most people are against char bans, because without them, MK is the only solo-viable character? :confused:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
The thing about dodging the grab and ****, both characters have comparably ridiculous ways to punish each other so it balances it out, but you are calling even so I guess it's nothing you disagree with.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
That's one of the reasons why I'm calling it +1. On anything except higher levels of play though the simplicity of Dededes stuff in the MU makes it in their favor.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
That's one of the reasons why I'm calling it +1. On anything except higher levels of play though the simplicity of Dededes stuff in the MU makes it in their favor.
I don't think you should use "simplicity" as a defining factor when determining MU numbers.

Prime example: character X vs character Y is 90:10 in character X's favor. However, this is only so when performing a ridiculously difficult trick with character X which only its best player has been able to achieve consistently. Every other character X player fails constantly at performing this trick; on every other situation, the MU actually shifts over to 40:60, in favor of character Y. What ratio would you call the MU?

If I was Snake vs a DDD, the amount of button inputs DDD has to do in contrast with mine for both of us to be playing at our best has no bearing in how tough the MU is for me as Snake. I'll still do the same things I do and it won't affect me in any way. As long as whatever we're talking about is able to be done consistently by a human, there's no difference between mashing A and whatever anyone tries to bring up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom