• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Have you played Lees lucario? lmao I don't think either of them are as good as trela, much less lee.

TRELA! I knew I was missing one of them.

Personally I think all three of them are beyond lees level with the character at this point, but I admit that I may be wrong.

all 3 of them have different strengths and weaknesses tho.

@ niddo,
actually it kind of is = to be honest with you.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Trela, Junebug, and Zucco are better Lucarios.
Lee's just an incredibly smart player.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Best Snake more or less rage quitting Snake =/= Best Fox relying on MK every tournament.
What, you mean the two US tournaments the best Fox has been too in the last year LMAO.
oh and pretty sure he went full Fox the ChuDat tourney, except for CPs against Tyrant (which he lost).
So
Yea

etecoon

Smash Hero
Best Snake more or less rage quitting Snake =/= Best Fox relying on MK every tournament.
ally uses MK a lot and has for a long time, he didn't just randomly start using him because one set went badly or anything like that

pit for #2!

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
He relies on MK in the vast majority of tournaments he goes to. Wanna make him switch off of Fox? CP a certain stage, or use a certain character. BAM: he's no longer using Fox.

Ally on the other hand, from what I could tell from his posts, is more or less tired of Snake.

First person relies on MK in situations, the second person is just tired of this character and has largely rage quit'd when it comes to using Snake.

Not the same situation. One uses MK out of necessity, the other uses MK for enjoyment.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Wait, Reflex, I'm confused. If you don't think Yoshi doesn't own Squirtle (which I personally think he does, but that's besides the point), then why do you think that Yoshi is still such a bad match-up overall? I think that Yoshi's easiest match-up of the 3 is Squirtle and the hardest is Ivysaur, but he still has an advantage over all of them. How would you rate Yoshi's match-ups with the individual Pokemon?

:069:
It's about even with Squirtle--Perhaps a slight disadvantage for Squirtle, but nothing big.

I'm not sure whether Ivysaur or Charizard is the worst, but they both have their own strengths and weaknesses.

Ivysaur can't really avoid the U-Air once she's in that position, but it's harder to get her there than Charizard, certainly. Yoshi's speed in the air does a lot to hurt Ivysaur, especially since Yoshi's dash attack and grab both do a lot in this matchup, but Ivysaur can stand to trade or outrange; B-Air beats out standard Yoshi fare (though it doesn't do much damage on its own). Yoshi's short-hop pokes are slow, so Ivysaur's worst place to defend can't be abused much. Coming down on Ivysaur could very well get you Up-B'd (probably sour, but an extra 10% is always nice). Yoshi is also a prime target for Bullet Seed, and has trouble recovering against Ivysaur (B-Air screws up jumps, N-Air eats super armor, D-Air is huge, and F-Air hits a Yoshi camping the ledge with eggs). Overall, I'd say it's a slight disadvantage again; I don't think Yoshi does particularly mean things here.

Charizard finds it difficult to outright wall Yoshi, and he gets juggled all day, but smart use of Charizard's standbys works fairly well. Short bursts of Flamethrower, Rock Smash as a counter, N-Air to beat spotdodges, and there isn't a lot that Yoshi can do to safely get past short-hop aerials (though eggs do a number on Charizard, too). Regardless, Charizard is probably the worst of the three here, but...I dunno.

Chuee

Smash Hero
He relies on MK in the vast majority of tournaments he goes to. Wanna make him switch off of Fox? CP a certain stage, or use a certain character. BAM: he's no longer using Fox.
1. AKA Brinstar and RC, because he goes Fox on everything else.
2. Vast majority?
lmao lrn2read. He's been to like two US tourney's in the last year lol. He used MK in ONE set, against Atomsk in the most recent one. He went full Fox the other one except on Brinstar/RC.
The only other tourney's that I know he goes to is Tijuana locals which he uses Fox on everyone except MogX's Kirby. So I guess Kirby must hard counter Fox now.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
TKD has yet to face any of Fox's bad CP's. Just saying you guys are dumb assuming he would do just as good in another region. WC barely plays Fox CP's. Fox is balls, TKD is just beast. Learn how to differentiate between the 2

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I'm going to teach everyone how to beat Peach right now.

Everyone knows Peach has insane shield pressure strings that make shielding unsafe, because you either wait out the pressure string and punish when you expect her to stop attacking (usually after jab 1 you spot dodge, or wait out jab 2 and punish it, or roll after the aerial on shield). If she reads your roll, you eat a strong hit or another aerial, and if she reads your wait, you take a lot of shield damage and you're still in a bad position. Thus, usually, it's suggested that you avoid shielding vs Peach.

Here's an easy way that is actually pretty obvious to avoid the pressure string and reset to neutral: when you expect a dair and have to shield, shield the first few hits. Near the end of the attack, release your shield and eat the last hit or two. At high enough percents, you take very little damage and dair's hit doesn't really set you up for anything that's very difficult to avoid.

If you want to be really cool (this is how I usually do it, or how I was doing it the other night anyway lol) shield for the first couple hits, release, and SDI UP and perform your fastest aerial (for me it's uair so it's very easy).

Peach is bad.
$420 Money Match Please.

Your anything vs my Peach.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
@Chuee: Not my fault he has to switch to MK at some point in most of the tournaments he goes to. It doesn't matter if the number of tournaments is low: he still does. Apparently, Fox is one of the worse characters in the game when it comes to stages he can use against his opponent. *shrugs*

@Kain: There we go: a nice, simpler way to state things.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
It's about even with Squirtle--Perhaps a slight disadvantage for Squirtle, but nothing big.

I'm not sure whether Ivysaur or Charizard is the worst, but they both have their own strengths and weaknesses.

Ivysaur can't really avoid the U-Air once she's in that position, but it's harder to get her there than Charizard, certainly. Yoshi's speed in the air does a lot to hurt Ivysaur, especially since Yoshi's dash attack and grab both do a lot in this matchup, but Ivysaur can stand to trade or outrange; B-Air beats out standard Yoshi fare (though it doesn't do much damage on its own). Yoshi's short-hop pokes are slow, so Ivysaur's worst place to defend can't be abused much. Coming down on Ivysaur could very well get you Up-B'd (probably sour, but an extra 10% is always nice). Yoshi is also a prime target for Bullet Seed, and has trouble recovering against Ivysaur (B-Air screws up jumps, N-Air eats super armor, D-Air is huge, and F-Air hits a Yoshi camping the ledge with eggs). Overall, I'd say it's a slight disadvantage again; I don't think Yoshi does particularly mean things here.

Charizard finds it difficult to outright wall Yoshi, and he gets juggled all day, but smart use of Charizard's standbys works fairly well. Short bursts of Flamethrower, Rock Smash as a counter, N-Air to beat spotdodges, and there isn't a lot that Yoshi can do to safely get past short-hop aerials (though eggs do a number on Charizard, too). Regardless, Charizard is probably the worst of the three here, but...I dunno.
Well, I'm not sure how to respond to that. I really don't have much PT experience, and I can't make any sound judgments until I've played against you (we haven't even done a single match).

:069:

Chuee

Smash Hero
TKD has yet to face any of Fox's bad CP's. Just saying you guys are dumb assuming he would do just as good in another region. WC barely plays Fox CP's. Fox is balls, TKD is just beast. Learn how to differentiate between the 2
There are Fox's that do good in regions with his hard counters.................

@Chuee: Not my fault he has to switch to MK at some point in most of the tournaments he goes to. It doesn't matter if the number of tournaments is low: he still does. Apparently, Fox is one of the worse characters in the game when it comes to stages he can use against his opponent. *shrugs*
LOL
Dude if seen top players of nearly half the cast switch characters when a character good on Brinstar/RC CPs them there.
lmao

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Which is why there are so few people who go solo with a character...

Oh wait, most top level people go solo with one character? That kinda kills that argument. Most people put all of their focus into one character. Name another top level player who switched for specific stages. Not for specific MUs, just for some specific stages.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Oh yea? Tell me a Fox that has beaten a hard counter in tourny. If your talking about Nakat, hasn't it been decided that MK is pretty even with Fox, therefore not a hard counter?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
There are Fox's that do good in regions with his hard counters.................
Like who? Also do they stay Fox or switch off him?

Have you played Lees lucario? lmao I don't think either of them are as good as trela, much less lee.
I dunno, I can understand people saying any of the four being better than the others.

It's debatable.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
For the last time Zeton beat Lains Ice Climbers.
Ahem

Lain losing to Zeton would only be because of match-up experience. The most recent time lain played Zeton was at HD:R and lain destroyed Zeton.

I played Zeton recently in the losers finals of a tournament as well and beat him 3-1. I won all my matches against him, even on his counterpicks with IC's. He beat my GW on rainbow cruise which is where the 1 loss came from.

Fox pretty much gets destroyed by IC's. Zeton does well in a region full of IC's only if he doesn't have to play any of the IC's.

Look at some of the recent tournament results he's been to:

KMYM2:
1: MJG :toonlink:
2: Hylian :popo:
3: Zeton :fox: Lost to MJG and myself.
4: Domo :metaknight:
5: Mr. Doom :ike:
5: Clel :metaknight:
7: Joker :snake:
7: Legan :zerosuitsamus: :marth: :metaknight:

BRAINSHOCK ALPHA:
1: Kain :wolf:
2: Hylian :popo:
2: MJG :toonlink:
4: Future :popo:
5: Mr. Doom :ike:
5: Fino :olimar:
7: yoshq :luigi2:
7: Zeton :fox: - Lost to Mr. Doom and myself.

HOT ****INGS: REMIX:
1: Atomsk :dedede::snake:
2: MJG :toonlink:
3: Hylian :popo::gw:
4: Lain :popo::metaknight:
5: Clel :metaknight:
5: Kain :wolf:
7: Domo :metaknight:
7: Joker :snake:
9: Nicole :peach:
9: Holms :wolf::zerosuitsamus:
9: Teh_Future :popo:
9: yoshQ :luigi2::metaknight:
13: vVvFino
13: FAE
13: Moe
13: Mr. Doom
17: Zeton - Lost to Clel and Lain
17: TripleR
17: MegaRobMan
17: Jordan
17: Trent
17: Legan
17: Tmacc
17: Surjan
People forget about this don't they?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
K. it's like an 80-20 MU.

Whens the last time a Wolf ever beat a good DDD?

Edit: yea ive seen all that. Calling matchup inexperience in an 80-20 MU is laughable.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
K. it's like an 80-20 MU.

Whens the last time a Wolf ever beat a good DDD?
Were not arguing Wolf? Idk why people have a tendency to attack my main whenever I debate another character LOOOOOOOOOL. I've never said DDD isn't bad for Wolf. I'll admit it's more doable then Fox vs IC's. I was doing pretty good against Coney til I SD first match then CPed lylat cause I doubt I would be able to Flash cancel consistently and failed and SD again. I mean he would of beat me regardless but at least it would of been much closer. Wolf just has to camp the hell out of DDD and pick good stages with good platforms.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Name another top level player who switched for specific stages. Not for specific MUs, just for some specific stages.
Rain switched to MK on just about every CP stage at Apex.
I've seen Lain, Meep, and Hylian switch against non-MK characters.
@Kain: Zeton has beaten Lain and KID has beaten PikaPika. Don't know of any others, but honestly I doubt those MU's outside of ICs have been played more than a few times in tourney.
Oh, and this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIDngpBkRYc
EDIT: Ryu, he beat Lain before that, and Lain switched game 2 to MK.
Game 1 was actually really close.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Ok so by your logic Wolf is balls?
Point is nobody wins hard matchups usually....so bringing that up whenever we talk about Fox is pointless.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Ok so by your logic Wolf is balls?
Point is nobody wins hard matchups usually....so bringing that up whenever we talk about Fox is pointless.
Anyone below C tier isn't really that good cause they have flaws. Their still capable of being able to do well, it's just that much harder for them and the player since the amount of error they can make is slim to none in certain MU's. I'm just saying people are acting like Fox doesn't have those bad MU's LOOOOOOL which is really laughable

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
And yet Ripple, Dr. Grandpa, and Will do great in a lot of big tournaments.
I'd like to stop having my name in with these good players. I am terrible and am only getting worse. my performance at SIIS has only re-enforced this( got dead last. didn't make it out of pools) . I have not done any thing worth mentioning at a tournament in over a year.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
I'd like to stop having my name in with these good players. I am terrible and am only getting worse. my performance at SIIS has only re-enforced this( got dead last. didn't make it out of pools) . I have not done any thing worth mentioning at a tournament in over a year.
Quit playing melee all day son

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
if characters could win their bad matchups consistently, they wouldnt be bad matchups.

niddo. ally uses more and more mk every tourney because everyone on the planet and their mothers know how to abuse the hell out of snakes recovery. ive seen ally say on multiple occasions that he plays mk because ~ 30 of the characters in this game, can throw him offstage at like 30 and have him not comeback until like 180, if at all. He plays mk to win, not for fun. so as ete said, apparently pit is second best in this game now.

also, I main sonic, and I pretty much go fox and falco SPECIFICALLY when people cp me to brinstar now.
foxs flaws really arent as bad as people are making them out to be. similarly to sonic, this is why his performance is pretty much blowing peoples prior preceptions of him out of the water...

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
if characters could win their bad matchups consistently, they wouldnt be bad matchups.

niddo. ally uses more and more mk every tourney because everyone on the planet and their mothers know how to abuse the hell out of snakes recovery. ive seen ally say on multiple occasions that he plays mk because ~ 30 of the characters in this game, can throw him offstage at like 30 and have him not comeback until like 180, if at all. He plays mk to win, not for fun. so as ete said, apparently pit is second best in this game now.

also, I main sonic, and I pretty much go fox and falco SPECIFICALLY when people cp me to brinstar now.
foxs flaws really arent as bad as people are making them out to be. similarly to sonic, this is why his performance is pretty much blowing peoples prior preceptions of him out of the water...
First section: ...So he's rage quitting Snake like I've been saying several times now. >_>

Second section: Bluntly: I asked for top level players. Not low/mid/high/w/e range you fit into.

His flaws are as bad as people make them out to be, they are simply trying to cover them up with massive overhyping. Like PT. Or Pit.

Savon

Smash Ace
I agree with you about Fox and Sonic K.I.D., but people refuse to update their previous opinions about Sonic and Fox because they are in denial. They are still stuck in that 08-09 mindset when nobody knew what they were capable of. Any achievements that the characters make will be belittled. Sonic could have WON MLG Dallas and people would still be trying to say he is a bad character.

etecoon

Smash Hero
pit on his way up! better than snake today, better than MK tomorrow? YES. WE. CAN.

but seriously this is nothing new, if you've payed attention at all you'd know how much he's complained about this. he went MK because he was frustrated at how easily snake gets abused, he doesn't play MK because it's more fun, he does it because snake has been rapidly becoming less viable at the top level for a while now. the fact that some people still consider snake #2 honestly blows my mind, I really can't comprehend it at all

_Kain_

Smash Champion
pit on his way up! better than snake today, better than MK tomorrow? YES. WE. CAN.

but seriously this is nothing new, if you've payed attention at all you'd know how much he's complained about this. he went MK because he was frustrated at how easily snake gets abused, he doesn't play MK because it's more fun, he does it because snake has been rapidly becoming less viable at the top level for a while now.
Ehhhh...you speak as if you know his thoughts. Pretty sure he is still capable of doing just as well with Snake still, he just doesn't want to deal with it and taking the easy way out.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Ehhhh...you speak as if you know his thoughts. Pretty sure he is still capable of doing just as well with Snake still, he just doesn't want to deal with it and taking the easy way out.
just what I've inferred from his words, obviously no one is a mind reader and I don't know him personally but that's what he's made public anyway, what else could I think?

yes of course it's still possible, just like TKD can win a tournament using a character like fox

Browny

Smash Hater
I agree with you about Fox and Sonic K.I.D., but people refuse to update their previous opinions about Sonic and Fox because they are in denial. They are still stuck in that 08-09 mindset when nobody knew what they were capable of. Any achievements that the characters make will be belittled. Sonic could have WON MLG Dallas and people would still be trying to say he is a bad character.
but... but... their tools are bad!

Ask anyone who says that to actually explain what their tools actually are and how they are bad. Most everything they say is either a lie, or applies to almost all characters.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Hey people guess what?

Falco gets ***** by Ice Climbers and Pikachu and *gasp* he also does terrible on Brinstar and RC.
Wait isn't he like 4th on the tierlist or something?

Wow thats odd....the way people think around here you would think Falco sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom