• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Matchup Chart v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSP

Smash Legend
This.

If luigi does get the read the reward is well.... amazing usually
The problem is that the reward isn't seen most of the time because he's kept out most of the time :(.

But once he gets in...He can wreck people pretty badly. He just can't get in consistently, like Matador said. You've really got to screw up or be predictable for Luigi to get that good read in.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
I don't see how peach or IC's can catch TL. Luigi maybe. Still how do they wreck him that hard?
the same way every char in this game ccatches someone who runs away they run and catch them.

ics will grab you 0 to death

peach will dair you and wrack up massive dmg.

luigi will...do luigi ****.

y'all act like tl is some uncatchable char

Alphicans

Smash Hero
But those 3 characters do it to everyone. The reason anyone beats them is because they are good at avoiding their combos and can camp them hard. Toon link does this.

Well yeah they'll catch us, but it isn't some unbearable **** that we're getting. TL doesn't get shut down up close. We have the tools to keep each of those characters out for quite a while since we have the projectiles + mobility to do so, which gives us an advantage. When up close, we aren't ****ed. We can hold our own, perhaps swat them out or just keep on fighting them with short hopped aerials.

Anyways, point is that we gain an advantage while camping, and those characters in specific can have a really difficult time approaching if we camp right. When they get in, they can do work, but so can TL. We aren't shut down, but at the same time, we don't have the same advantage as we do when we camp. It's loosely about even when they're close up. The matchup is much harder for them since TL, so it's +1, slight advantage.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
grab him when he's not holding a bomb

technically it's not a one liner when you add in a second
Why would he land near me without a bomb? Awful decision lol.

Obviously they won't always be able to do this, but it's very easy to do it the far greater portion of the time

You could just CG them until the bomb starts flashing and throw them right when it is gonna explode like Hylian does.
And then it isn't an infinite

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You can actually chaingrab through a bomb explosion. It's not always safe to just hold a bomb. Not to mention just holding a bomb isn't going to help you with their amazing uair and things like nair to grab or nair from platform to IB reset to grab etc etc many ways to make TL drop the bomb.

I think TL is IC's worst match-up but I've never really had a problem with TL's that just hold bombs lol. Example: I 3 stocked Hyro in tournament at MLG dallas ,2 of the stocks I grabbed him on he was holding a bomb.

MJG I just can't grab. Ever. Has nothing to do with him holding a bomb.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
tl is ics worst mu but you 3 stocked hyro?
I have a TON of TL experience. I also beat Kingtoon at pound 2-1 by timing him out with a 4% lead lol. I've played Jerm and MJG a ton. I haven't played Jerm recently but MJG just demolishes me. I played him yesterday in the winners finals of a tournament and he 3 stocked me game 1 when I went IC's. I took him to game 5 using other characters but I just can't play Ic's against him and do nearly as well even though my IC's are way better than my other characters and I know the TL match-up very well.

Hyro doesn't play the match-up correctly at all lol he's too aggressive and just let me grab him.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Pretty much. I'm uploading my set with MJG now actually so you can watch lol.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
You can actually chaingrab through a bomb explosion. It's not always safe to just hold a bomb. Not to mention just holding a bomb isn't going to help you with their amazing uair and things like nair to grab or nair from platform to IB reset to grab etc etc many ways to make TL drop the bomb.

I think TL is IC's worst match-up but I've never really had a problem with TL's that just hold bombs lol. Example: I 3 stocked Hyro in tournament at MLG dallas ,2 of the stocks I grabbed him on he was holding a bomb.

MJG I just can't grab. Ever. Has nothing to do with him holding a bomb.
Sucks for Link.

I wanna see this set, cause ICs vs TL sounds hard if played correctly.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Why is Samus -3 with Ics? Her Zair and other aerials should more then compensate to make this matchup -2.

The other characters -3 and worst are: :dedede::kirby2::bowser2::ganondorf: :fox::sheik::falcon: who all have no ability to camp on Samus's level without getting grabbed. Dedede's waddle dees ain't exactly lagless and easy to camp with.

If Link is -2 then why can't Samus be -2?

Cheese vs Noid

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I dunno I always find Samus to be really easy with IC's. Last time I played Xyro I 3 stocked him in tournament. If you watch that match cheese would have won easily if he had just not dropped his grabs. Samus can't really camp IC's well, she is slow and big and doesn't have good ways of separating them.

Also for the TL vs IC's discussion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZxJh_vXLSs

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Yeah but it's pretty easy for him to play safe and avoid the grab, which makes getting their small little hands on TL a bit harder.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ok i see your point hylian but i still say its an even mu.

WHY YOU ASK? Due to the fact that tl can put in all that camping work and still die first due to one little bitty grab.
..You could say that for every character and that means IC's beat or go even with every character lol. TL has pretty much the best tools in the game to shut down IC's uair game and IC's grab game.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
They don't go even with or beat every character in the game.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
It's not, i just think they go even with tl.

but thanks for the input.

edit: THANK GOD FOR THE INPUT ACTUALLY if not for you i would of just had a bunch of people who main neither char nor play the mu telling me a bunch of stuff.

BSP

Smash Legend
Seriously, that's all I see with Tinks. They just dance around and camp, successfully, and the opponent can't really touch them. And then his CQC isn't half bad either...argh, such a frustrating character

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
toon links would be winning tournaments all over the place if there were 4 metaknights beating him like a red headed step child every time he gets more the 2 rounds into a tourney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom