• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Matchup Chart v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Lots of people are not realizing that there are two sides to every match-up... We had to compensate for TONS of match-ups to best reflect the opinion from both sides.

SpliziT

Smash Cadet
I disagree with a lot, but I'll wait a day or two to see how this topic turns out.

Why isn't MK +2/+3 vs everyone?
My best guess is that a lot of people figured out MK. Game has been out for a while now ..

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Guys, almost every character had at least 3-4 representatives talking. Ones that lacked were Lucario, Luigi, and Pikachu. If you don't have issues with one of those characters, then you just have different opinions than the people in the BBR, and that is to be expected since nearly EVERYBODY has different opinions on MUs.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Guys, almost every character had at least 3-4 representatives talking. Ones that lacked were Lucario, Luigi, and Pikachu. If you don't have issues with one of those characters, then you just have different opinions than the people in the BBR, and that is to be expected since nearly EVERYBODY has different opinions on MUs.
Who's the third bowser representative?

Chuee

Smash Hero
really?
I know Lucas has nobody in the BBR in the only ones listed are PF and FAE.
Same with Ness except Shaky's the only one listed.
And I'm sure theres probably more.

Steam

Smash Hero
Lucario had like 10 people wut.

unless you're just talking about BBR...

also I don't understand how D3 does better against MK than RoB does....

Nike.

Smash Hero
I have a question. If the Pikas were lacking representatives, then why was K Prime not contacted about this? He pretty much invented Pikachu and knows more about the game almost every person on smashboards.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
If anyone has a problem with some numbers, go ahead and ask why we have the number we have and I'm sure that the people who worked on that match-up will be happy to explain it to you. Simply saying "this chart sucks!" is not helping anyone.

Steam

Smash Hero
If anyone has a problem with some numbers, go ahead and ask why we have the number we have and I'm sure that the people who worked on that match-up will be happy to explain it to you. Simply saying "this chart sucks!" is not helping anyone.

why is RoB/MK -3 but D3/MK only -2?

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
really?
I know Lucas has nobody in the BBR in the only ones listed are PF and FAE.
Same with Ness except Shaky's the only one listed.
And I'm sure theres probably more.
I helped out with Ness as well. I dunno, I think this was ironed out very well and it was a ton of work. It IS v1.0...

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Why is Metaknight even with Pikachu, Falco, and Diddy?

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Thank you.

EDIT: Unless you are not actually talking to me but to the BBR as a whole. In that case, sorry for being a jerk. XD

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Wolf does NOT lose to Rob.
o_O

lol anyways...I disagree here and there with some of ROBs matchups but I won't go into it here. Overall it looks great. Good work guys =]

also my name shouldn't be on that list really >.> Chibo asked me about like the Samus matchup and thats it lol

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
IC panel was:

Hylian
swordgard
God-is-my-Rock
Tsukasa Kasrani
Orion

I PM'ed both lain and atomsk as well but only atomsk gave feedback. Ic's were one of the hardest panels because everyone had vastly different match-up ratings for every match-up, both ic mains and mains of other characters. Was really frustrating :/ but eventually got done with a lot of compromising.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Probably good as far as compromises, though. I hope no groups were overpowered as far as arguments go.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Why is Peach vs Samus in Peach's favor?

No Peach back there has sufficient Samus matchup experience.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
The only thing I'm curious about are the even match-ups that MK has. I can understand Diddy, Falco seems a bit iffy, and Pikachu vastly surprises me.

Could someone explain?

Coney

Smash Master
i don't know. i said mk/ddd was -3 for ddd, as did all the other ddds, but the mks overruled us i guess.

same with diddy/ddd--it's definitely worse than -1 for ddd but the diddys wouldn't budge

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
IC panel was:

Hylian
swordgard
God-is-my-Rock
Tsukasa Kasrani
Orion

I PM'ed both lain and atomsk as well but only atomsk gave feedback. Ic's were one of the hardest panels because everyone had vastly different match-up ratings for every match-up, both ic mains and mains of other characters. Was really frustrating :/ but eventually got done with a lot of compromising.
Fair enough, the list was actually pretty close.

There were a few that I was like, "I see (insert name) IC's opinion there."
Ironically, only two of my guess were on the panel lol

But for the most part, all the matchups are within +/-1 imo.

Nice

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Mmk, for the Pikachu being even.

Assume for a moment that MK is even with Diddy and Falco.

Comparison time!!!

Recovery:
Pikachu barely gets edgeguarded, maybe 1 in 15 times off stage.
Diddy/Falco get edgeguarded nearly every time.

Pikachu has CG's and high damage combos
As do Falco and Diddy

Pikachu has no trouble killing
Both Falco and Diddy can

Falco can effectively camp
Pikachu/Diddy Can't

Diddy has retardedly amazing ground control
Pikachu/Falco don't.

Pikachu has set combos in the air, on the ground, basically everywhere.
Diddy has set combos on ground only with bananas
Falco has neither.

So yeah, you can tell that Pikachu is at least on the same tier as Falco/Diddy.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Overall I'm very pleased with the results, and everything that is off by 1 or -1 is really not that big of a deal (except snake, I'm pretty !@#$ing adamant about Snake being even, not his favor, but whatever LOL I'm just glad that this got off the ground at least!)

I love the chart though, it's awesome looking :) I will give a few minor opinions later when I have time!

Yikarur

Smash Master
that list is ok but..
what IS wrong is that Diddy:Luigi is in Luigis favor.
I can't believe people still think Diddy loses to Luigi and Peach oO

Yoshi:ICs are at least even.

good job =D

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Because Gallax and I basically agreed on everything, and then I was arguing points that other panels had for contention. I asked Prime to send me a list/explanations but he never did...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom