• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
So right now, people that CAN go: G-mo, Goop, Rob (assuming Goop gives him a ride)

Duffy's a maybe, Sean's a probably not.

I dunno, I don't want a ****load of people going (like, seven at most, leaving four more, optimally, five people, leaving two), but I don't even know if we'd have that.

Plus, I haven't had the testicular fortitude to ask my parents yet

tw1n

Smash Champion
Happy early birthday Tai =] I will make a card trick for you that is high in tech skill and bad everywhere else. Oooh second birthday burn!!! Hahaha.

And Kyle (also Taj) skipping work for a justified reason is perfectly fine. Death in family is just another term for Smash Tournament. Ironically enough so is car accident, doctors appointment, and the twins are coming here from NM!!!

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Well, here's the thing:

My family and I might still go out to dinner that night, so I don't know how that would work out, because my parents wouldn't let people stay at my house unattended. I'll try to talk with my parents today.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
You can go with one of two means of speaking with your parents:

1. The "Please mom I know I'm your little baby boy but this would mean a lot to me now that I'm growing up" routine.

Pros:
Makes her realize just how precious you are/were and it reawakens memories of you as a baby years ago, thus pushing her to let you. This one is mostly mindgames and a little tech skill (which may be good for you).

Cons:
She won't want to let you go because you are her baby boy. It may awaken horrible memories of you as a brat. And she may never let you grow up and do your own thing now. This one is mostly mindgames and a little tech skill (which may not be good for you)

2. The "I'm an adult now so I can do whatever I want!" routine

Pros:
It's a pro technique that is high in tech skill (which you have). If done right you will have more freedom to do whatever you want.

Cons:
You will have more freedom to do whatever you want.... don't know if you can handle that. You may be kicked out of your house if you go too far with the yelling (but she may cry and let you back in within a day so that could double up as a Pro).

Jane

Smash Hero
good! :D

but i'd have to disagree on your post up there, i believe option one has more mindgames than 2, but 2 definitely has more tech skill.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
touche, you see I was thinking that when I came up with the mindgames part.

In fact I think I'ma go edit the post before anyone see's it.

in fact everyone disregard this post right here altogether. Just assume the post above me was the original in every way.

stop reading this...

*sigh*

*loads tranq gun*

AZ ANGER!!!!

tw1n

Smash Champion
Ha ha Jane ya we are going. But Tai don't forget the other available options. Like the most simple one:

"Mom I'm going to go to my study group. My friend is giving me a ride so no worries"
Car pulls up with rowy smashers
Mom: "Wy didnt you tell me about this earlier???"
Tai:"I did..."
Mom:"NO YOU MOST CERTAINLY DID NOT!"
Tai:"AZ ANGER!"
fill in the blank

It works for me

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Dan: I has ubuntu now. Having some problems running certain .EXE files. >:

Yes, I downloaded wine.

*Edit*

Just read the last page. I'd really like to go, but I don't think I can come up with transportation from Tucson in short notice. I'll give Rusty a call. He might want to go.

Let me know over aim if your parents are down for this.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
A smashfest can happen on Saturday. I asked my mom. However, I'm not sure how many people would be allowed to go. Xander and Rusty can probably come, but I'm not positive how many people would be allowed to come over and stay the night (I'm pretty sure Rob, Goop, Dark, and Light will be going home that night) but so far, I've got like, G-mo and maybe Duffy staying over.

Also, if anyone wants to give me anything, I prefer cash.

lonewolf537

Smash Journeyman
A smashfest can happen on Saturday. I asked my mom. However, I'm not sure how many people would be allowed to go. Xander and Rusty can probably come, but I'm not positive how many people would be allowed to come over and stay the night (I'm pretty sure Rob, Goop, Dark, and Light will be going home that night) but so far, I've got like, G-mo and maybe Duffy staying over.

Also, if anyone wants to give me anything, I prefer cash.

i might be able to go. if i show up though it wont be till about 4 or 4:30

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
It's a Melee smashfest, plus, I don't know how many people my house could handle. I don't know if Tucson's going, though.

Tokyoinamerica

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tokyodown
We'll mostly everyone perfers melee like only people that weren't around for melee perfer brawl..

Besides you wobs and forward, No one else plays brawl. Hey I wanna get some SF4 MM's going at the toruney so bring a little extra if your up for a challenge/

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
We'll mostly everyone perfers melee like only people that weren't around for melee perfer brawl..

Besides you wobs and forward, No one else plays brawl. Hey I wanna get some SF4 MM's going at the toruney so bring a little extra if your up for a challenge/
Most of Tucson plays both Melee and Brawl. Ty Cooper, and Enrique are two of the only players out of our 20+ who won't touch Brawl.

Tai: My Mom's car is out of commission, so it's not available for use. I might take a greyhound up there. If I do, I might be able to spend the night, if that's cool.

tw1n

Smash Champion
I am pretty sure we have at least 1 or 2 people who would MM in SF4 and BB. But its their call lol.

I want to MM Taj in HANDSLAP!!!!! Bring it on TAJ!!!
All jokes aside that man scares me...

Jar'd

Smash Ace
I play both Melee and Brawl. I'm just so bad at Melee that it's equivalent to not playing it at all.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Have to agree with GG's here. Play sheik. F-tilt or D-tilt to fair. Nair spacies and needle people recovering...

When all else fails D-Smash =]

Game over hahaha

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Sheik is significantly harder to play at a high level than Fox.
This is true.

If we were to draw it at a learning curve, Sheik you can learn to use the fastest but then at the higher competetive level it becomes significantly more challenging versus Fox and Falco take a while to practice with and get down but have a much easier time at the higher levels

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
I've actually been practicing Sheik lately, it's a diverse combo beast now. Edge cancelled dairs <3
I think only Jeff's Falco when it is consistent beats my Sheik sometimes, and I beat all the others without chaingrabbing at all. Get ready, Chris ;)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
The Melee smashfest is still on for tomorrow.

If anyone wants to give me a present, cash is fine.

AXE 09

Smash Master
I've actually been practicing Sheik lately, it's a diverse combo beast now. Edge cancelled dairs <3
I think only Jeff's Falco when it is consistent beats my Sheik sometimes, and I beat all the others without chaingrabbing at all. Get ready, Chris ;)
he speaks the truth. for anyone who has to fight jackie's sheik in the tourney, i feel so sorry for you lol

Top Bottom