• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Ask Forward what LoVo did to his Fox with Link. Ask 'em why he didn't pick Falco. LoVo's so good, he dislocated ChaosTheory's thumb. DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMN!

Colorado owes a lot to old school AZ. If they hadn't of come and played us, we would still be Vat-Zero level.

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
Are you talking about Melee? CO is still garbage...and who's "WE". CO can't handle AZ, son. Your one guy speaking for all of CO. Get out with that garbage. AZ has a collection of **** waiting for CO to goggle on. You don't come up in our thread and then start crap that you can't even back up.

Foward= Perfection

LoVo= Mayor of gay town.

PS- Interimofzeal brought this on LoVo, I don't know LoVo, he may be this Interimofgaytown prick, but if he isn't, blame him(Interimofgaytown) for my comment.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Lulz, just talk to your good players about us. We weren't garbage in Melee. SDSG, Nite, Ferdi, myself, plenty of love to go around. If you don't even know who LoVo is, then don't talk trash about CO in SSBM, because you don't know anything about our scene, srsly.

Isn't NM hosting something big next month? Anyone in AZ going?

-Ka-

Smash Journeyman
Lulz, just talk to your good players about us. We weren't garbage in Melee. SDSG, Nite, Ferdi, myself, plenty of love to go around. If you don't even know who LoVo is, then don't talk trash about CO in SSBM, because you don't know anything about our scene, srsly.

Isn't NM hosting something big next month? Anyone in AZ going?
Don't take it as a diss for TCB (****, ABIDE, ME) not coming to Colorado.

It was a last minute decision to instead head to SoCal to take a bit of a mini-vacation and play friendlies there. Of course SoCal would be cheaper for all of us as well.

I know your joking about me being scared, and I know you know I'd know that (wha?). And I feel terrible about the fact that ALL OF AZ & CO will NEVER know what kind of jokes you would have posted if my AZ crew had gone to CO and ***** all you guys.

Just joking, of course. AZ too good.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
No worries, Ka. I am a little sad that you and AZ aren't coming, especially since I wanna see how my Sonic can fair against a Wario that doesn't know my playstyle/habits, but whatever, there's always later. I just hope I can play some of you guys before I (may) end up moving to Minnesota. After that, I dun think I'll be able to do much smashing, at least on the western side.

lloooll I totally forgot about dislocating my thumb...

also about the fail teams tourney that never happened.

-_-
Yeaaaaaaaah... Colorado never really understood teams back then. We're still fairly weak in teams. I love teams, Chap loves teams, and I think that's pretty much it. Everyone else is kinda neutral/dislikes teams.

Haha, only thing I really remember about teams is me vs Taj and Wobbles (either my teammate had died, or I didn't have one, wtf?). They caught me in the shadowball infinite, jumped up, and started dancing. I pressed b on taj's controller, unplugged both of them and took a stock from each of them before they realized what happened and OWNED me.

Good times. I miss old AZ. Srsly, I'd go down there just to hang out with you guys.

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
quote If you don't even know who LoVo is, then don't talk trash about CO in SSBM

who said I didn't know who LoVo was. I don't know his tag on the boards, so I don't know whether your him or speaking for him.

I didn't believe a jewel like him came from a place like CO. His Link *****...thats all I know. Why the heck are you talking about melee anyways...get in the game.

-Ka-

Smash Journeyman
I know there's no correlation, but ever since I quit, the AZ Thread has become nothing BUT ****-talk.
Tai, I think thats because you actively took part of a key change in the AZ Smash community. You were the most outspoken person against Brawl and that fueled a lot of the simmering mixed feelings and differed opinions of established and/or long time members of this community board.

Frankly if you don't like the game, thats fine. You still wanna hang out and hope maybe someone will play Melee with you at Oscar's and/or other events? Thats fine. But it becomes pretty hard to handle all of the whining, complaining, and to put it simply, b*tching that you do. I mean theres a fine line between giving your opinion (not to mention being articulative about it) AND just b*tching.

B*itching builds contempt in the hearts of everyone. It also gets everyone roweled up. Because truth be told, you never officially quit. You just went on a whine and a moan about how "you might quit" or how you'd " trade Glendale for Melee" (which by the way, is some amazing repugnant sh*t to say to the town that played with you and made you competitive player you are today), its all just pretty weak behavior.

And now you wanna to so slyly take credit for it and make off like its cool? Naw, it was a step back for the boards for every one of us to argue and bullsh*t over the game especially when new smashers are coming to the boards. I did a fair share and wish I hadn't. As Dan had mentioned, I personally wouldn't had been so excited about taking an active part of the AZ Brawl community if I was new to the scene and had read some of the past few pages of this thread. But I'd personally like to give nods to those who still gave Goop's tourney a try and saw most of us are descent people IRL.

But there is good news to.

I believe Arizona still to be the best in Brawl. Not just because my intuition tells me or that because Demised' recent trip to Cali confirmed that they ALL PLAY UNDER PAR compared to AZ, but because there are a few virtues in the AZ community that have been displayed in the past couple of weeks that I'm proud of.

1) We seem to be all a bunch of a**holes.
-Despite this asset being the cornerstone of the setbacks in recent board discussions, I admire this personal opinion about all of us. It means we have pride, ambition, and don't take no ****.

2) We're diverse.
-Its amazing how much of a melting pot the valley really is, and it really shows we all meet face to face at tourneys. When I think other states (esp. Cali), I always think of the same demographic of people. In my head they just all look like Gimpyfish.

Here we have the East Side and the West. The Revolution and STB. The Dark-Shieks and the Vat-Zeros. We're a effin' desert rainbow.

3) We're central (for the most part).
-And this is what helps us out for the most since the majority of us all live in this big, dusty valley. We are all within a comfortable 45 minute drive from one another (sry Flag & Tuscon).

I think its understandable most of us at some point talk serious sh*t to one another, and I theorize it may be because we hardly play out of state players, so we turn on each other (ha).

But **** this post is WAY TOO LONG. I'll end it with a haiku.

Bless the AZ boards
My point is We Are Legion
And AZ Too Good

stoNe

Smash Cadet
I am not one to post, but get out of the AZ thread. You will never be Team W1n material. Everyone has already said it, CO is trash and always will be, prove us wrong 100 bucks a person 10v10 crew battle. It's time to make money from smash guys! This game is filled with too many ****ing ******* to make any real money, someone needs to step it up! AZ 2 step is coming up in a couple months, be there!

As far as the AZ thread becoming spam and ****, i agree. Why don't we all just stop double posting, no offense Vat-Zero, you are still my homie. It's time to stop talking and start playing for real money. When the winner of a 46 person tourney only gets $150, thats just pathetic! In real games thats a weekly tourney. 1st place should be at least 500+ at every "tourney". Everyone should just get a job or play for real money so that you can actually make a living off this garbage game. The more money the tourneys go for, the more recognition that "outsiders" will give us, being sponsors and leagues. The reason there are no major leagues for smash is because they feel that its a childrens game. They are right because of the fact that no one plays for more then 5 bucks. Playing the game is fun yeah yeah yeah but making money while ****** is by far the greatest feeling of all time :)

What I am really trying to say is, put your money where your mouth is, lets make some money AZ and kick CO's ***!

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Tai, I think thats because you actively took part of a key change in the AZ Smash community. You were the most outspoken person against Brawl and that fueled a lot of the simmering mixed feelings and differed opinions of established and/or long time members of this community board.

Frankly if you don't like the game, thats fine. You still wanna hang out and hope maybe someone will play Melee with you at Oscar's and/or other events? Thats fine. But it becomes pretty hard to handle all of the whining, complaining, and to put it simply, b*tching that you do. I mean theres a fine line between giving your opinion (not to mention being articulative about it) AND just b*tching.

B*itching builds contempt in the hearts of everyone. It also gets everyone roweled up. Because truth be told, you never officially quit. You just went on a whine and a moan about how "you might quit" or how you'd " trade Glendale for Melee" (which by the way, is some amazing repugnant sh*t to say to the town that played with you and made you competitive player you are today), its all just pretty weak behavior.

And now you wanna to so slyly take credit for it and make off like its cool? Naw, it was a step back for the boards for every one of us to argue and bullsh*t over the game especially when new smashers are coming to the boards. I did a fair share and wish I hadn't. As Dan had mentioned, I personally wouldn't had been so excited about taking an active part of the AZ Brawl community if I was new to the scene and had read some of the past few pages of this thread. But I'd personally like to give nods to those who still gave Goop's tourney a try and saw most of us are descent people IRL.

But there is good news to.

I believe Arizona still to be the best in Brawl. Not just because my intuition tells me or that because Demised' recent trip to Cali confirmed that they ALL PLAY UNDER PAR compared to AZ, but because there are a few virtues in the AZ community that have been displayed in the past couple of weeks that I'm proud of.

1) We seem to be all a bunch of a**holes.
-Despite this asset being the cornerstone of the setbacks in recent board discussions, I admire this personal opinion about all of us. It means we have pride, ambition, and don't take no ****.

2) We're diverse.
-Its amazing how much of a melting pot the valley really is, and it really shows we all meet face to face at tourneys. When I think other states (esp. Cali), I always think of the same demographic of people. In my head they just all look like Gimpyfish.

Here we have the East Side and the West. The Revolution and STB. The Dark-Shieks and the Vat-Zeros. We're a effin' desert rainbow.

3) We're central (for the most part).
-And this is what helps us out for the most since the majority of us all live in this big, dusty valley. We are all within a comfortable 45 minute drive from one another (sry Flag & Tuscon).

I think its understandable most of us at some point talk serious sh*t to one another, and I theorize it may be because we hardly play out of state players, so we turn on each other (ha).

But **** this thead is WAY TOO LONG. I'll end it with a haiku.

Bless the AZ boards
My point is We Are Legion
And AZ Too Good
Arizona is the best state in the US. I think we'd all agree here.

Halftime speech ftw. Let's go score some baskets and win us a Super Series, YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, the reason other games can have professionals is because of advertising, not entrance fee. MLG makes their money from advertisement, not admission. They lose money from hosting tournaments themselves. And those tickets can be expensive, too.

But yes, less spam and trash talking. I don't want to be constantly handing out infractions.

*gives a stern glance around the room*

Corigames

Smash Hero
Don't look at this Alt F4!!!!!

I am not one to post, but get out of the AZ thread. You will never be Team W1n material. Everyone has already said it, CO is trash and always will be, prove us wrong 100 bucks a person 10v10 crew battle. It's time to make money from smash guys! This game is filled with too many ****ing ******* to make any real money, someone needs to step it up! AZ 2 step is coming up in a couple months, be there!

As far as the AZ thread becoming spam and ****, i agree. Why don't we all just stop double posting, no offense Vat-Zero, you are still my homie. It's time to stop talking and start playing for real money. When the winner of a 46 person tourney only gets $150, thats just pathetic! In real games thats a weekly tourney. 1st place should be at least 500+ at every "tourney". Everyone should just get a job or play for real money so that you can actually make a living off this garbage game. The more money the tourneys go for, the more recognition that "outsiders" will give us, being sponsors and leagues. The reason there are no major leagues for smash is because they feel that its a childrens game. They are right because of the fact that no one plays for more then 5 bucks. Playing the game is fun yeah yeah yeah but making money while ****** is by far the greatest feeling of all time :)

What I am really trying to say is, put your money where your mouth is, lets make some money AZ and kick CO's ***!
How about you make real money since most of us already have? You say that we run our mouths, but we have the skills to back it up. Be gun-ho for AZ, go right ahead. But don't insult us other AZ players because we aren't all for Brawl or w/e. A reason why we have $5 tournaments is because most of the people running them decide, "Hey, if it's cheaper, more people will show up." And they're right. I don't want to spend $20 on a tournament. I would, but I wouldn't like it. The reason why other people outside of smash don't like it is because it is different from other "standard" fighting games, not because this is a kids game. Check again.

If you have the money to go to tournies every week for $50 each, go right ahead. It proves nothing though when I beat you in a MM for $5.

-Ka-

Smash Journeyman

I really liked the idea of marketing(?) a bigger tournament through higher admissions, but CoreyGames went on to make a couple of good points.

Cheaper means more people, and money doesn't equate recognition.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Money does not always equal power, I agree.

STB holds fests for free, but that doesn't stop AZ's best Brawlers from coming.

Once in a while, though, I support big money tournaments. Three times a year sounds good.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
i wish tucson scene was a little more central and we had fests somewhere besides U of A which no one goes to :(

i live 40 mins from philippe, 45 minutes from PXG, Nicknyte, 2D, 50 minutes from Forward when he was here :(

I wish i had someone a simple 15 minutes away to play with on a regular basis :(

Me Myself and Jy

Smash Cadet
i wish tucson scene was a little more central and we had fests somewhere besides U of A which no one goes to :(

i live 40 mins from philippe, 45 minutes from PXG, Nicknyte, 2D, 50 minutes from Forward when he was here :(

I wish i had someone a simple 15 minutes away to play with on a regular basis :(
Dude. Don't I live 5 minutes from you?

stoNe

Smash Cadet
Well, the reason other games can have professionals is because of advertising, not entrance fee. MLG makes their money from advertisement, not admission. They lose money from hosting tournaments themselves. And those tickets can be expensive, too.

But yes, less spam and trash talking. I don't want to be constantly handing out infractions.

*gives a stern glance around the room*
It's not even that, everyone knows that they make money off advertising, but thats ONLY because the games they do advertising for are "popular" and have tourneys with the grand prize of about 50,000. They tried to do it with smash but the community was somewhat "overwhelmed" by what they can do with the game. It's easy to have a league, but finding a community that can support it is another thing. Thats why this game will NEVER get big, there is nothing but ******* playing it. You can make more money playing streetfighter II for crying out loud and that game is like 15 years old! There should NEVER be a money match for less then $50 IMO. if its less then that, might as well just play for fun. I hear SO much trash talking but when it comes down to it, I don't see "money matches" above $5, which is ****ing pathetic IMO.

I really liked the idea of marketing(?) a bigger tournament through higher admissions, but CoreyGames went on to make a couple of good points.

Cheaper means more people, and money doesn't equate recognition.
Well in the real world it does. If you know of a company that will sponsor a game that isn't worh a ****, then give me their number. In order to be recognised by sponsors you need to prove to them that they will make money off of the deal. If the tourney is for $5 each person, the sponsor will simply say, "oh its a bunch of 12 year olds with lunch money." and turn their head. I know that money is not everything, but it helps a lot. I would say that the same ammount of people would show up for a $10 tourney as they would a $5 tourney. That is not much of a difference, but its a start. plus the more money that is at stake, the harder people try. The harder people try, the better they become. The better people become, the more AZ can **** hahaha.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Stone, I'll get on it for the crew battle. $100 per person, you'd better be on the crew, unless you're sure you're gonna bring down your state or something.

EDIT: 3/5, $20 MM with anyone that says CO is garbage, and is dead serious. LoVo hasn't won a CO tournament in SSBM in almost a year. He normally places 3rd, sometimes second, always loses to SDSG. He's not the only one that knew how to play. Unfortunately, he sucks hardcore at Brawl, and has moved on to Halo.

In2D

Smash Apprentice
Now dont you go talking **** about halo, or it will be personal and ill have to drive out to vale to kick your ***.

M

Mangekyou

So how often do you play at the U of A In2d??? I guess you don't wanna Brawl cause you havn't responded..

M

Mangekyou

Actually this goes out to ANY TUCSON PLAYERS.... You too GG... My friend and I are looking for some Local Tucson comp so we can brush up our game..

Whats the dilly-o?

EoW

Smash Apprentice
CO, you guys have to go to the tourney now i mean you just got called out by the entire state. And last time i checked there was crew battles at AzOneTwoStep........

The reason the cost is so high is too get more out of state, take OC3 for instance it was 75 dollars and had a 200 person turn out, if people from lets say michigan actually show up like they said they may possibly come, they will want to at least make money plane tickets are not cheap.

Stone...... lol <3

Oh and CO if stone is on my crew and we play you guys, hes goin in first! hahah

Anyways im busy getting chipotle and a few other sponsors for this tourny to hop into the awesome display of **** talk, ill leave it to the rest of az rofl

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
A reformation is about to come to the boards....

* Vat- Zero steps outside his Glendale home while the morning Arizona wind blows through his hair and tingles his eyes. He proudly stares at the morning sky...he then whispers, " It is time..." he slowly walks back in his home with the sounds of "taps" going on in the background. Camera pans to the left where we find Big Black playing the trumpet...he then flips you off and continues to play that rich melody.

EoW

Smash Apprentice
A reformation is about to come to the boards....

* Vat- Zero steps outside his Glendale home while the morning Arizona wind blows through his hair and tingles his eyes. He proudly stares at the morning sky...he then whispers, " It is time..." he slowly walks back in his home with the sounds of "taps" going on in the background. Camera pans to the left where we find Big Black playing the trumpet...he then flips you off and continues to play that rich melody.
LOL, how epic

Top Bottom