• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion

Manny and Dan? Can I ask you something? Do you hold a smashfest every Friday whether you announce it on SWF or not or do you just throw one whenever you feel like it?

I just want clarification. =]

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Hey, guys. I probably won't be able to come tomorrow, so some of you should play some online Brawl with me for a while. It will be like I'm really there. hm?

hmm?

HMMMMMMMMMM????????

pntchandler

Smash Rookie
Also I Need To Flame Play N Trade, For The Top Three Who Won And Didnt Get There Store Credit Which Was A Flyer Right In Front Of The Computer Saying 1st , 2nd, 3rd Got Moneys And The Cheap Store Who Said Themselves That They Had 102 Entries Couldnt Shelf Out 200$ Store Credit Total What A Joke, They Pulled Some Little Flyer Out Of The Back Of Storage That Said No Store Credit Rofl, They Made Lets See

102 * Aprox 10-15$ A Person, .... Cheap.....

Anywho, I Feel Bad For The Three Peopel That Got Top Three And Got Jipped Becuase The Cheap *******s.

Anywho, Ill Never Give Money To That Garabge Company But Ill Take Their Tournys All Day
Actually,

Had you bothered to check, HERE, on Smashboards, you would have read that everyone who preordered Smash from us were admitted to the tournament for FREE, 70+ people, and those who didn't would pay $5 to pre-register, another 20+, and $10 at the door. This was set weeks before the tournament.

Originally, we were planning to charge $10-$15 to enter the tournament but wanted CUSTOMERS who actually buy from us and not just show up to play to have FREE admission. In case you have not noticed, we pay rent from sales of games and not from running tournaments.

You don't buy anything anyway, so just stay home, play the BRAWL that you hate so much and give money to Gamestop.

I don't have to run a single tournament. I don't have to give up my bussiest day of the week and shut down my retail sales, which I need to pay rent. Instead, I give back to the community by hosting these weekly. WHY? Because people ask us. I don't see Gamestop doing this.

AZenith

Smash Apprentice
Actually,

Had you bothered to check, HERE, on Smashboards, you would have read that everyone who preordered Smash from us were admitted to the tournament for FREE, 70+ people, and those who didn't would pay $5 to pre-register, another 20+, and $10 at the door. This was set weeks before the tournament.

Originally, we were planning to charge $10-$15 to enter the tournament but wanted CUSTOMERS who actually buy from us and not just show up to play to have FREE admission. In case you have not noticed, we pay rent from sales of games and not from running tournaments.

You don't buy anything anyway, so just stay home, play the BRAWL that you hate so much and give money to Gamestop.

I don't have to run a single tournament. I don't have to give up my bussiest day of the week and shut down my retail sales, which I need to pay rent. Instead, I give back to the community by hosting these weekly. WHY? Because people ask us. I don't see Gamestop doing this.
owned lol

Elysium

Smash Lord
Actually,

:laugh:
That was awesome.

Also I'll be bringing my little brother today to Manny's....because he's actually pretty good at Brawl, but rest assured he'd get stomped in Melee.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Spec K:

Umm... I'm pretty sure we put it on the boards whenever there's a smashfest. Manny doesn't have it every week, so it's not exactly very regular. It just so happens that the last few weeks he's had the time.

Btw: Zelda's so broken. Just throwing that out there.

AZenith

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Zelda is pretty good, I think she lacks some range on her tilts though :\

From my playing experience so far (haven't played with jiggz/wolf/toonlink at all) I think some of the best characters in no particular order are Marth, Ike, Olimar, Diddy, Ness, Snake, Link, Luigi and Lucario.

Marth is still sooo good. Ike is just so powerful with great moveset. Olimar and Lucario are both strong, too bad for Olimars tether and Lucario is just ridiculous imo. Snake is just a crazy mofo. Diddy, Ness and Luigi are combo machines and Link is a projectile ***** with that boomerang but still has great moveset to go with. So i'm guessing that Toon Link is the same projectile ***** but I don't know anything about his moves. Jigglypuff i've seen once and seemed to work amazing in this game being so floaty and everyone in the game being so floaty.

Meh, I'm sure some people disagree but these are just my opinions so far and i'm sure they will change.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
I see. Thank you, Dan.

Everyone have a great time. The 1st Brawl smashfest at Goop's place!

PS, I hate Toon Link. And Metaknight. And Dedede. And Pit.

yawg

Smash Rookie
AltF4, sorry i had to quit that one match, a frickin mouse ran across my living room and scared teh **** outta me! see you today at goops

fark

Smash Apprentice
sadly i cannot attend goops tonight
but i can go to stbs tomorrow

add me if you want
ill add you guys too

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
I'm bringing a Melee setup to Manny's abode today, so the Brawl to Melee setups should be at a 3:2 ratio. I like Melee more than Brawl, so I want the setups to at least be near even. That is to say, that doesn't mean I'm not going to play Brawl. That would be ludicrous. I'm going to play it just for the sake of playing it, but I'm still going to be playing Melee because... well.. M2G. Melee 2 Good.

fridayslobster

Smash Apprentice
Just won a tournament down at the U of A. Brawl tournaments are starting up every thursday on the bottom floor of the Union. If you're in the area, be there!
Srsly? Do you have to go to the U of A to be eligible to enter? or can anyone go?

FC: 4425 1133 5489 if anyone wants to play right now...

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
Looking for people to play Brawl online with in AZ. So I figured this was the best place to come. :p I'm too tired of waiting on the broken "With Anyone" and hate the lag I get from playing people on the East Coast so I need people in my area.

Anyway add my code and PM with yours saying you added me. I'm either on Brawl or Medal of Honor so if I see people online I'll set up a match or something.

2320-5817-3420

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
I noticed that Brawl by itself is good, but it's crap when compared to Melee. Just playing Melee looking at Brawl, or playing Brawl looking at Melee, it really helps you see things clearly :p

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
I never lose.

I am KosukeKGA. And I play Ike.

Olimar is just a super campy biatch and Dedede is a fatass penguin. They are merely stepping stones to my victory.

EoW

Smash Apprentice
DeDeDe is not a penpen...... hes a effin pigion. ((i cant spell)) get your animals right thats like calling fox a ferret.

PXG

Smash Journeyman
It's all about teh penguin bud, and you can attest to that :p
**** straight. Your D3 is sick. My Toon keeps on getting better. I played a really good Fox last night. He goes by the name of Hex. His Zamus isn't too hard to beat though (still annoying with that tickle beam of hers). Elvis kept on challenging me. I kept on beating his Luigi in the clutch and his Marth too. I will say, he is really good at this game, without even owning it, let alone a Wii.

Oh yeah...**** Steve's Ike!! Cheap *******. I do all of this advanced **** with Toon, and lose, but ****ing half *** with Falco and beat Ike's ***. What's up with that? You got to admit, D3 is pretty cheap too; as to why he can get through Ikes bull****.
Seriously Ike is full of ****. So much range, power and priorty. You can win by literally, doing the same five god**** moves. And I thought Pit was obnoxious.

Anyway, I got to play you, Bryan and Jackie sometime again. We are going back to "Hex's" house later this afternoon. My Toon Link is MUCH better since the last time we fought. Steve and Elvis can attest to that ;)

ValorInVendetta

Smash Rookie
I never lose.

I am KosukeKGA. And I play Ike.

Olimar is just a super campy biatch and Dedede is a fatass penguin. They are merely stepping stones to my victory.
That's a pretty bold statement :p I whipped an Ike in the final of a UA tournament this past thursday, so I'm pretty confident against him. You anywhere around Tucson?

Haha, PXG. I took Elvis in a 2 out of 3 without much effort at all. He switched to his marth and I used metaknight for the hell of it. We didn't finish that match but I'm pretty sure he would have won just because I don't really care for MK. He's certainly not bad at brawl, but he's stuck with melee mind games and advance techs that just don't cut it in the new game.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
DeDeDe is not a penpen...... hes a effin pigion. ((i cant spell)) get your animals right thats like calling fox a ferret.
EoW, he is a penguin. I'll give you some proof. Look at Snake's codec conversation with Colonel Campbell involving King Dedede. He's a fatass penguin who thinks he's king of Dreamland and wields a giant ****ing hammer. **** hilarious.

Also, pigeon.

Also, sorry Valor, I don't live around Tuckson. I'm near Chandler/Queen Creek.

Have a nice day.

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
New***s VS new***s at the epic NEW*** FEST '08. Be there, or be old.

Anyway, I may try to make Samus better... but don't expect me to buy the game or anything!

EDIT:
Hi, it's corey again.

Corigames

Smash Hero
YEah, I tried... it frustrated me more. I found out that she can't break the morph ball animation, bombs are on timers, it's **** near impossible to ledge hop a grapple because of that auto-tether bull, her missiles cancel even after they should come out, you can't bomb cancel moves, and the list goes on and on. It is sooooo frustrating to go from melee to brawl. It's like taking a fish in ice water and throwing it into hot water. Seizer --> Shock ---> Death.

EoW

Smash Apprentice
Did you go to goops? i think i three stocked your like 6 times..... lol newb. stepping stones ha, more like giant canyons of doom

Top Bottom