• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

hobo218

Smash Rookie
I live in Peoria and was wondering if there's anything going on around here soon. I play with Falco and in my opinion am pretty good at him, though I've never really faced anyone extreamly good, except for my brother, who plays Fox really well.

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
Good luck to you, forward and taj, as well as other AZ Anaheimers. Does that include you, Trent?

Blind

Honorbound
Wow, I seriously envy path... he's gonna get to play with Omar on a consistent basis. Lucky guy :p

Lotta new AZ players springing up, I hope they don't just quit like so many before.

path411

Smash Cadet
haha, sounds like a few people live in flagstaff at least, and good thing that guy is shiek, hopefully he can give me some pointers on my shiek.

Sizzle

I paint controllers
Hey hobo, I live up in the northwest corner of Peoria. Maybe we can smash sometime (finally someone close). Do you have an AIM or something I can contact you on? My internet has been down (wtf Cox?!) and so I have barely been able to do anything on the web. MZero, I will talk to my friend again today, and if you're not busy today maybe we could play. I don't know if I am going over there today or not. I will try to get on AIM if I can. Hobo, you can contact me at my AIM MLBpro489

MZero17

Smash Journeyman
Sizzle said:
MZero, I will talk to my friend again today, and if you're not busy today maybe we could play. I don't know if I am going over there today or not. I will try to get on AIM if I can. Hobo, you can contact me at my AIM MLBpro489
I MIGHT be buzy. I'll check back with you when the mail comes. My screwdriver might come, if it does I'll be painting my controller.

Blind

Honorbound
Sean and Tony take 3rd place at MLG 2v2. They are officially awesome.

All in favor of said conclusion, say aye. Or maybe, aye aye!!. That's ten characters long.

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
Aye.

Hmm, now I see why "aye aye!!" was a better choice, as it just meets the 10 character minimum for a post. So, aye aye!! But now my post far surpasses 10 characters, so the double aye is unnecessary...but I ramble.

At any rate, an awesome declaration of Arizona Smash, as the pair finally receive large amouints of attention. Are they considered Pro or Amateur, by the way?

And why did you change 0your username to "Blind"?

And do try to make a weekly, MZero!

Blind

Honorbound
Answer to your question: boredom.

Secondarily; I'm getting kinda lonely here in TX, so I'm planning a trip to Arizona. I'm hoping that Team Win will be kind enough to take me in for a few days while I chill w/ all my good buddies :) I'm looking at... Friday, July 7th as a possible date for the commencement of said visit. Then probably 3 or 4 days later I'll go home.

So the questions I pose are these: who would be kind enough to take me in? This means rides to and from the airport, as well as a place to sleep and things to do and so on.

Before you answer, remember: you all love me.

MZero17

Smash Journeyman
InterimOfZeal said:
Hate on me all you want, but I'd suggest all of you AZ players consider going to The Colorado SUmmertime Struggle. We're looking forward to showing off how much we've grown, and invite you to come join in on the show.
I would go but I have a hard time talking my ma into driving 40 minutes to Mesa. Going to Colarado, especially with th gas prices/airplane tickets, not likely.

Sorry.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
It's not a problem, yo. I'm trying to get HonorBound, Omar, Taj, Enix Moogle, and Forward to come. Anyone else is an awesome bonus. I want to play HonorBound the most, ironically.

But yeah, the guy we sent to UT came back and was promptly 4 stocked by one of my crew members. We got better while he was away, and want to see how we compare to AZ. Also, I need to get Rob back for making BlueMycon about x85902384905203 better at fighting ICs. Now I actually have to try in order to beat him. Lame.

Blind

Honorbound
I'm sorry? :p

Well, I dunno. I live in Texas and stuff, during the summer at least. My trip to AZ is a short visit, and there're other people aside from Team Win that I wanna chill with. I'onno.

I didn't really play Blue with my IC's that much... maybe he just witnessed? ::shrug:: He's a cool guy though.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Rob... come! I neeeeeeeed to play yooooooou. I waaaaaaaant it.

He played them enough to figure out how to seperate and punish decently. I'm pretty sure I can beat him with them again, it's just not as easy as it used to be.

But yeah, AZ, COME! OK's looking like they might make it, and we're working on getting NM, KS, and CA involved, too.

Blind

Honorbound
Well... if AZ wants to go, then maybe I'll reschedule my visit so that I'll head to AZ, go to CO with the crew, enjoy a tourney, and then go back. That's a lot of travelling, but I'd live. I have a lot of anime that ain't gonna watch itself, and a nice long car ride is a good place to get that done :p

C'mon friends, I wanna know if/when/how I can come and see you guys. :p

Blind

Honorbound
Nobody ever answers! Seriously, if I'm gonna visit AZ, somebody needs to be willing to pick me up and keep me in their place. I'll stay in my cage. It's more fun that way.

P.S.- I'll bring Cupcakes!! :chuckle:

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
Blind said:
Nobody ever answers! Seriously, if I'm gonna visit AZ, somebody needs to be willing to pick me up and keep me in their place. I'll stay in my cage. It's more fun that way.

P.S.- I'll bring Cupcakes!! :chuckle:
Yo Rob, I could totally pick you up, and you could stay at my place except for the fact that we really dont have anywhere youd be able to sleep...You should try callin Mike Stone tho and see if you can stay at team wins.

Oakie

Smash Apprentice
Ahhh sweet some AZ smashers! I haven't really been out there yet to see how big the smash community is in AZ but im from Yuma (southwest corner). If anybody wants to smash it up, see if you can hit me up

Oakie

Smash Apprentice
lol ya a little bit, about 3 hrs 1 and a half if you can drive that fast ;). But i go to phx area alot, so if anyone has some info on some tourneys or places to smash that'd be awesome

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
Theres a bit scene in the mesa/pheonix/tempe area. There's also a good sized one in Tucson (which is where a tourney will be on July 8th) and I believe that Sierra Vista has a new and growing scene.

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
Team Win

I propose a gathering at Team Win's on Thursday, perhaps afternoon, for Smash. Well, at any rate, I impose myself upon the aforementioned.

Yeah, so hopefully between 11 AM --5 PM or so, I'll be hanging over there. Ted, if you come along, that'd be cool. Others, if you can make, great, but I know many are cramming some hours in before Tucson. Regarding that, I'll call you soon, Ted.

I'm hoping to get some Low-Tier/Teams practice in--regarding that, Low-Tier is considered middle of Middle and below, right? So, Roy or so, and below?

See you all in Tucson, or Thursday beforehand.

MZero17

Smash Journeyman
shiva39 said:
I propose a gathering at Team Win's on Thursday, perhaps afternoon, for Smash. Well, at any rate, I impose myself upon the aforementioned.

Yeah, so hopefully between 11 AM --5 PM or so, I'll be hanging over there. Ted, if you come along, that'd be cool. Others, if you can make, great, but I know many are cramming some hours in before Tucson. Regarding that, I'll call you soon, Ted.

I'm hoping to get some Low-Tier/Teams practice in--regarding that, Low-Tier is considered middle of Middle and below, right? So, Roy or so, and below?

See you all in Tucson, or Thursday beforehand.
Where is Team Win's? I'd love to test my Mr. Game & Watch.

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
Ah...it's just off of GamerZone. But a mile. I can't give you the exact address, but I'll tell you that is really close to the weeklies, and if you can't make those, then don't bother for this likely small (just me and my bro) gathering.

Blind

Honorbound
Oh, hey Shiv... you gonna be around the week of the 24th? I'm gonna be in town until Friday when I go to Colorado, then I head back Tuesday. It's gonna be fantabulous, but I gotta have everyone to play with. That means You! And Ted, o' course, and all these new people I keep hearing about.

X^3

Smash Cadet
Hey Shiv, this is Ben X.

A garthering on Thursday sounds great. I will talk to Ted about it.

BTW, have you decided if you are riding with Ted and I on Sat?

Top Bottom